IE 8 mshtml.dll error

I have upgraded IE 8 from IE 6 on XP PRO SP2. It starts and open some
websites but when i try to download a file or some other web site like
youtube it starts giving "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and
needs to close. if you are in a middle of .................. " the error
leads to:

Error Signature:
AppName: iexplore.exe
AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702
ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 8.0.6001.18702
Offset: 0029d1b2

Whats wrong and how can i resolve this?

Farhan

0
Farhan

[Crosspost to IE General]

Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?  [Extended Support for WinXP
(x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP
(x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be
accessible until SP3 is installed.]

What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Farhan wrote:
> I have upgraded IE 8 from IE 6 on XP PRO SP2. It starts and open some
> websites but when i try to download a file or some other web site like
> youtube it starts giving "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and
> needs to close. if you are in a middle of .................. " the error
> leads to:
>
> Error Signature:
> AppName: iexplore.exe
> AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702
> ModName: mshtml.dll
> ModVer: 8.0.6001.18702
> Offset: 0029d1b2
>
> Whats wrong and how can i resolve this?
>

> Farhan

0
PA
3/26/2010 9:05:46 PM
I was using SP3 but my system crashed badly (series of BSODs - refering to
system core and than no ntldr message at boot, ultimately C: was declared
curropted). But now i have restored may drive image. Most recent were unable
to restore and an old one that worked is still with sp2 IE6.

AV - Avast (Free), up to date.
Spyware - Malewarebytes
Firewall - Builtin
Firewall was running at the time of installation. At first attempt AV was
also running than i tried after disabling it.

No Norton but i was using McAfee Site Advisor before system crash.

Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.

Thx for response

Farhan

> [Crosspost to IE General]
>
> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?  [Extended Support for WinXP
> (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP
> (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
> Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be
> accessible until SP3 is installed.]

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications
> running
> in the background when you installed IE8?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Farhan wrote:
>> I have upgraded IE 8 from IE 6 on XP PRO SP2. It starts and open some
>> websites but when i try to download a file or some other web site like
>> youtube it starts giving "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and
>> needs to close. if you are in a middle of .................. " the error
>> leads to:
>>
>> Error Signature:
>> AppName: iexplore.exe
>> AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702
>> ModName: mshtml.dll
>> ModVer: 8.0.6001.18702
>> Offset: 0029d1b2
>>
>> Whats wrong and how can i resolve this?
>>

>> Farhan

0
Farhan
3/26/2010 9:45:19 PM
> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.

Are you still running WinXP SP2?

Is "Windows Internet Explorer 8" not listed in Add/Remove Programs, is it
listed but there's not a REMOVE button, or can't you uninstall IE8 via
clicking on the REMOVE button?

Did you format the HDD prior to restoring the WinXP SP2 image?

Farhan wrote:
> I was using SP3 but my system crashed badly (series of BSODs - refering to
> system core and than no ntldr message at boot, ultimately C: was declared
> curropted). But now i have restored may drive image. Most recent were
> unable
> to restore and an old one that worked is still with sp2 IE6.
>
> AV - Avast (Free), up to date.
> Spyware - Malewarebytes
> Firewall - Builtin
> Firewall was running at the time of installation. At first attempt AV was
> also running than i tried after disabling it.
>
> No Norton but i was using McAfee Site Advisor before system crash.
>
> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.
>
> Thx for response
>
> Farhan

>> [Crosspost to IE General]
>>
>> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?  [Extended Support for WinXP
>> (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP
>> (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
>> Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be
>> accessible until SP3 is installed.]

>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)?
>> What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications
>> running
>> in the background when you installed IE8?

>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Farhan wrote:
>>> I have upgraded IE 8 from IE 6 on XP PRO SP2. It starts and open some
>>> websites but when i try to download a file or some other web site like
>>> youtube it starts giving "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem
>>> and
>>> needs to close. if you are in a middle of .................. " the error
>>> leads to:
>>>
>>> Error Signature:
>>> AppName: iexplore.exe
>>> AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702
>>> ModName: mshtml.dll
>>> ModVer: 8.0.6001.18702
>>> Offset: 0029d1b2
>>>
>>> Whats wrong and how can i resolve this?
>>>

>>> Farhan

0
PA
3/26/2010 9:51:40 PM
Yes still SP2.
can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
yes i format the HDD. But i format to FAT32 but when restore the image it
was back to NTFS.

Format to FAT32 coz i think my system keeps on crashing on NTFS which never
runs scandisk at system startup on improper shutdown due to power failure
(which is very common here).

Farhan

>> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.
>
> Are you still running WinXP SP2?
>
> Is "Windows Internet Explorer 8" not listed in Add/Remove Programs, is it
> listed but there's not a REMOVE button, or can't you uninstall IE8 via
> clicking on the REMOVE button?
>
> Did you format the HDD prior to restoring the WinXP SP2 image?
>

> Farhan wrote:
>> I was using SP3 but my system crashed badly (series of BSODs - refering
>> system core and than no ntldr message at boot, ultimately C: was declared
>> curropted). But now i have restored may drive image. Most recent were
>> unable
>> to restore and an old one that worked is still with sp2 IE6.
>>
>> AV - Avast (Free), up to date.
>> Spyware - Malewarebytes
>> Firewall - Builtin
>> Firewall was running at the time of installation. At first attempt AV was
>> also running than i tried after disabling it.
>>
>> No Norton but i was using McAfee Site Advisor before system crash.
>>
>> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.
>>
>> Thx for response
>>
>> Farhan

>>> [Crosspost to IE General]
>>>
>>> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?  [Extended Support for WinXP
>>> (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that date, computers running WinXP
>>> (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further critical security updates,
>>> Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows Update website will not be
>>> accessible until SP3 is installed.]
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)?
>>> What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications
>>> running
>>> in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>>> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought
>>> it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

0
Farhan
3/26/2010 10:37:34 PM
> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.

What happens when you try to uninstall IE8 that way?

See if you can uninstall IE8 per the section "Alternative steps for Windows
XP or for Windows Server 2003" here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700

Farhan wrote:
> Yes still SP2.
> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
> yes i format the HDD. But i format to FAT32 but when restore the image it
> was back to NTFS.
>
> Format to FAT32 coz i think my system keeps on crashing on NTFS which
> never
> runs scandisk at system startup on improper shutdown due to power failure
> (which is very common here).
>
> Farhan

>>> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.
>>
>> Are you still running WinXP SP2?
>>
>> Is "Windows Internet Explorer 8" not listed in Add/Remove Programs, is it
>> listed but there's not a REMOVE button, or can't you uninstall IE8 via
>> clicking on the REMOVE button?
>>
>> Did you format the HDD prior to restoring the WinXP SP2 image?
>>

>> Farhan wrote:
>>> I was using SP3 but my system crashed badly (series of BSODs - refering
>>> system core and than no ntldr message at boot, ultimately C: was
>>> declared
>>> curropted). But now i have restored may drive image. Most recent were
>>> unable
>>> to restore and an old one that worked is still with sp2 IE6.
>>>
>>> AV - Avast (Free), up to date.
>>> Spyware - Malewarebytes
>>> Firewall - Builtin
>>> Firewall was running at the time of installation. At first attempt AV
>>> was
>>> also running than i tried after disabling it.
>>>
>>> No Norton but i was using McAfee Site Advisor before system crash.
>>>
>>> Also FYI IE is not uninstalling via Add/Remove.
>>>
>>> Thx for response
>>>
>>> Farhan

0
PA
3/26/2010 11:27:45 PM
Nothing happens, everything stays as is, no messages at all.

I tried the steps at link which return "The application or DLL
c:windows\ie8\spuninst\UPDSPAPI.dll in not a valid Windows image. Please
check this against your installation diskette."

Farhan

>> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
>
> What happens when you try to uninstall IE8 that way?
>
> See if you can uninstall IE8 per the section "Alternative steps for
> Windows XP or for Windows Server 2003" here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>

> Farhan wrote:
>> Yes still SP2.
>> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
>> yes i format the HDD. But i format to FAT32 but when restore the image it
>> was back to NTFS.
>>
>> Format to FAT32 coz i think my system keeps on crashing on NTFS which
>> never
>> runs scandisk at system startup on improper shutdown due to power failure
>> (which is very common here).
>>
>> Farhan

>>> Are you still running WinXP SP2?
>>>
>>> Is "Windows Internet Explorer 8" not listed in Add/Remove Programs, is
>>> it
>>> listed but there's not a REMOVE button, or can't you uninstall IE8 via
>>> clicking on the REMOVE button?
>>>
>>> Did you format the HDD prior to restoring the WinXP SP2 image?

0
Farhan
3/27/2010 11:58:08 AM
You are seeing the effects of a hijackware infection.

Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100%
trustworthy at this point) then format the HDD & do a clean install of
Windows.  Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT
fix this!

HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a local network  (i.e., other computers) and
before using a flash drive or SDCard that isn't brand-new or hasn't been
freshly formatted:

     4 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
     http://www.microsoft.com/security/pypc.aspx

Other helpful references include:

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a066ae41add7dd2b

Tip: After getting the computer fully-patched, download/install KB971029
manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

NB: Any Norton or McAfee free-trial that came preinstalled on the computer
when you bought it will be reinstalled (but invalid) when Windows is
reinstalled. You MUST uninstall the free-trial and download/run the
appropriate removal tool before installing any updates, Windows Service
Packs or IE upgrades and before installing your new anti-virus application
(which will require WinXP SP3 to be installed).

     Norton Removal Tool
     ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

     McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
     http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Also see:

Risks & Benefits of P2P file sharing
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/data/downloadfileshare/filesharing.aspx
http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archive/2008/10/06/the-cost-of-free-software.aspx

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/security/spyware/prevent.aspx

Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/prevent.aspx

Avoid Rogue Security Software!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx

Farhan wrote:
> Nothing happens, everything stays as is, no messages at all.
>
> I tried the steps at link which return "The application or DLL
> c:windows\ie8\spuninst\UPDSPAPI.dll in not a valid Windows image. Please
> check this against your installation diskette."
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
>>
>> What happens when you try to uninstall IE8 that way?
>>
>> See if you can uninstall IE8 per the section "Alternative steps for
>> Windows XP or for Windows Server 2003" here:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/957700
>>

>> Farhan wrote:
>>> Yes still SP2.
>>> can't uninstall IE8 via clicking on the REMOVE button.
>>> yes i format the HDD. But i format to FAT32 but when restore the image
>>> it
>>> was back to NTFS.
>>>
>>> Format to FAT32 coz i think my system keeps on crashing on NTFS which
>>> never
>>> runs scandisk at system startup on improper shutdown due to power
>>> failure
>>> (which is very common here).
>>>
>>> Farhan

0
PA

Conversion error...
I'm upgrading from Money 2003 to 2005. When 2005 starts it says it's converting the file. It makes the back up copy but then hangs for a long time (5-10 minutes) then comes up with an error... " A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institutions Online Services Customer Support" If I revert to 2003 everything works as it should. The knowledge base mentions this error message. It says the fix is to search for a file *.m14 and turn off MSN bill pay. A search doesn't produce any file that...

Excel Error "Subscript out of range"
I get this error message each time I start Excel 2000. "Subscript out of range" This is when starting Excel before opening any file. When I clear the message I get the normal blank spreadsheet and every thing works fine. The error does not seem to really mean anything. How can I put a stop to this annoyance? Don C. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 08:32:33 -0600, "Don Couvillion" <dcouv1.Invalid@lsuhsc.edu.invalid> wrote: >I get this error message each time I start Excel 2000. >"Subscript out of range" > >This is when starting Excel before opening any...

RMS 2.0 startup error
Hi, I get a small box opening up with the word "setwaitchar" in it and "Incorrect function" as well. Eventually if I persist by clicking it a million times SOM or POS opens. Any clues this pain -- Regards Dan Levin ...

Cannot Start MTA. Error 2152, 229, 2187, 2155.
Greetings, This problem just started this morning and it's getting worse any moment. I tried using all the howtos I found by searching on microsoft.com but none have solved the problem. I'm trying to start the MTA service but I get all the error messages I described in the subject line of this post. Does anyone have any clues on how to solve this situation? ...

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.' I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem, etc. Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the http://su...

Form Error (Query Update)
Hi, I have about 12 people to work on the database and each has own userID and password. Their UserID and Password input and the form link to the query that has the filter on "UserID and Password" for their input. The message said "Can't Update; Query Locked". Is there I do something wrong? I thought the form is the shared for everyone to input based by UserID and Password. Please help. Thanks We aren't there. We can't see how your database is set up. For instance, do you have a split database, with a single "back-end" file on your network an...

DNS MX ERROR
Our company has changed their domain name and we are keeping the old and the new so we can receive email from both. My quations do I need to change or add any thing in the DNS Server. Also I run the www.dnsreport.com and I am getting this errors. Can any one tell me why. Thanks PASS Connect to mail servers OK: I was able to connect to all of your mailservers. WARN Mail server host name in greeting WARNING: One or more of your mailservers is claiming to be a host other than what it really is (the SMTP greeting should be a 3-digit code, followed by a space or a dash, then...

Run Time Error 2501 "The report action was cancel"
hi I have a access database with some reports. All reports are working fine except one. When I click Priview or Print window I get the error "Report Action was canceled" and the error number is 2501. I try to ignore the error but report does not open. Any help in this regard. Here is my code. Private Sub Command15_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command15_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "Cash Voucher" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview ComeHere: Err_Command15_Click: If Err.Number = 2501 Then Resume ComeHere End If Any help in this regard ?? Thnx i...

Error Messages 03-17-05
I have started getting a lot of error messages that simply say, "error, please see system administrator" when I am trying to close opportunities. Well, I am the system administrator and not knowing any specifics about an error leaves me nowhere to start looking to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? Take a look at the event log on the server, it usually provides more detail on the error message. Be sure that the following key is set in the web.config file. <add key="LogErrors" value="On"/> "Dave" wrote: > I have started getting a lo...

error 1935 HRESULT 0x80070424,Office Standard 2007,vista 64-bit
Hy. I tried to install Office Standard 2007 on my comp (Windows Vista 64-bit) and failed. I received an error 1935 {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B33B9A1E18E} HRESULT 0x80070424. Help. Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804 Or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946691 and http://kbalertz.com/926804/Error-message-install-Office-error-occurred-during-installation-assembly.aspx -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "misha77" <misha77@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Error messgae trying to open Outlook 2003
I have just got a blackberry and am trying to set up outlook to use with it. I have had my computer 5 years, but have never tried to use outlook before. When I click on it, I get the following error message "The extension configuration file c:\Program Files\microsoft office\office\addins\fldpub.ecf could not be installed. There is an error in the syntex or format of the file" This is then followed by "Unable to alter your defualt email folders. Create a new profile, make it your default by selecting it, and then clicking Always use this Profile". When I try to open...

Update Errors
MS Money 2000 Business & Personal Updating Internet Info gives the following messages: Internet Information: Headlines: There was a problem with the information received. Please try again later. Product Information: There was a problem with the information received. Please try again later. Component Update: Money was unable to execute the appropriate command to update this item. Please try again. How long has this been going on? Money 99 users were seeing this a couple weeks ago, but it appears to have been resolved. Have you tried removing Money? If you remove, be sure to reins...

Combination charts #8
I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - stacked area with a line superimposed but not stacked. Values of line and total stacked area will be of the same order of magnitude Debbie: I don't think you can do it in 007. Charts like this that I prepared in 003 and brought into 007 went bonkers. Even stacked column charts have problems with the non-stacked line. On Feb 12, 8:52 am, Debbie424242 <Debbie424...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Excel 2007. I cannot find how to plot a combination chart - > stacked area with a l...

[Visual C++] Question on LNK 2001 Errors while Building EXE
Hello? I'm June from S.Korea. I'm sorry if I am at a wrong place for my question. I'm practicing echo client code. Below is what I copied from a textbook. The problem is, there're 0 error, 0 warning at compiling. But There're 10 errors at Building EXE files. How can I troubleshoot them? I already #included winsock2.h, which has the definition for the functions listed in the 10 error messages.And the help says the linker doesn't find definition for the functions listed. Thanks for reading and still I'm not sure if I'm at a right place to ask. But hope you will h...

Adobe add-in error
Has anyone recieved an error from publisher like this before. I was just opening publisher and this is what it said "Publisher experienced a serious error the last time the add-in 'acrobat pdfmaker office com addin' was opened. Would you like to disable this add-in? To reactivated this add-in, click About Microsoft Office Publiser on the Help Menu, and then clic Disabled Items" It is a common error. You really don't need the Acrobat icon on your toolbar. This error doesn't affect the PDF printer. Try enabling the PDF maker, it maybe okay now. What are your ...

ERROR 80040E37 while trying to save changes offline
Error 80040E37 comes out when I am trying to save changes while being offline. Prehistory: I have moved CRM server on the same domain to another server and different OU. All the export, import, mapping procedures went smoothly. And now everything works just fine while being online, no errors during SQL replication. I have tried to remove replication registry entries from client machine, delete replication databases from client machine - no use. Nerijus ...

Localization dll
Hi, I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different countries. I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the localized version. It uses the standard language. Does anybody has a sloution? Thanks, Martin On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:44:00 -0700, martin <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >I am developing a hook under VS2005 and need to localize it for different >countries. >I added the app.resource.dll to the global assembly, but SO ignores the >localized version. It uses the standard language. > >Does a...

Error converting a lead to a contact
HI All We are getting an error whenever we try to convert a lead to a contact. From within CRM we get the following error. ----------------------------------------------------- License Error The selected user or user trying to log on has not been assigned a security role or license, and does not have sufficient privileges for this action. For more information, contact your system administrator. ----------------------------------------------------- Now I have checked out License Manager and this user is attributed to the license and I gave them membership of every role with all the privileg...

GP 8.0 and SQL 2000 Optimal File Size
I have questions about SQL Server 2000 databases with Great Plains 8.0 and file size. After the upgrade to 8.0 our Company database has ballooned to a whopping 9 GB (including the transaction log). It was 7 GB before the upgrade. It seems really large to me and was wondering what the recommended settings were for the SQL databases with Great Plains. I have looked in the Knowledgebase and haven't found anything to give me good answers. Here are the specs on the Company database: Database Size = 7,184 MB, Space Used = 4,655 MB Log Size = 2,162 MB, Space Used = 76.99 MB Auto G...

mapi32.dll #2
I have an annoying error message pop-up which I cannot figure out how to neutralize. The pop-up says that there is an internal error in the module mapi32.dll It also says that if I do not resolve this issue it could render outlook and outlook express non-functional. I don't use either program at all and wonder how I can get rid of the error message popping up. HELP!!! find and run fixmapi.exe. it should be on your hard drive. if you use another mapi program, like eudora and don't use outlook, uninstall outlook. (you'll need to leave OE installed) william wrote: >...

Relay denied error message
I have experienced this only twice in the past two or three weeks, it looks like when someone sends an email they are getting a bounce back that states The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXX on 11/10/2005 8:13 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <XXXXXXXXX#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <XXXX@XXXXXXX.com>... Relaying denied. Please check your mail first.> Can anyone help me out and tell me where to look to see if this is an error on my end. I appreciate you des...

Error: "Operation Failed. An object could not be found"
I am attempting to close/delete a duplicate personal folder. I'm having difficulty and get the above error (listed in subject) I have Outlook 2003, WinXP sp1. I only see one personal .pst file when i search data location... I'm going to just add a new one but i still would like to have the other one completely off the folders window pane. Any help is appreciated Close Outlook, go to Control panel, mail. Make a new profile - do not copy your current profile. Add the current pst to the profile and set it as default message store. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach...

Outlook free busy error
Hi Outlook user with exchange server account getting free busy error. Tired cleanfreebusy switch but get unable to clean error. Also outlook slowing down when looking at delegates tab and not all delegates are shown. Any advise please? Many thanks. Regards, Daniel. Did you try the /cleanreminders or /cleanschedplus switches ? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Daniel" wrote: > Hi > > Outlook user with exchange server account getting free busy e...

error (0x8007000E) in Cached Exchange Mode
My exchange 2000 server (with latest SP) has been running well for almost three years. In the last few days I have had several users complain that they can't download their mail. Switching off Cached Exchange Mode seems to fix the problem, but it's a mess because they can't use the junk mail filter in non-cached mode. I have seen a number of recent posts regarding this problem in other forums. Does anyone have a clue as to what is causing this problem? It seems to have cropped up only in the last few weeks. Scott Graber SysAdmin Image Labs International scottgraber &quo...

Excel.exe has generated errors.
Good day, When a certain user logs on and tries to open a specific file on the network, he gets this error, 'excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log is been created'. If an administrator logs on everything works fine and the user can also open other files without such problems. The file can be open by other users on other systems successfully. Please if there is anyone out there with a solution to this problem. I have removed and reinstalled office 2000, I have deleted the clients local profile and it still doesnt work. Thanks in anticip...