How to re-assign mini-icons to *.html file types in WinExplorer?

Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type (e.g. all *.html)
in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown.

How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons to them again?

Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy?

Cindy

0
cypy

Right click on the file and go to Properties and hit the change button =
and then designate the program with which you wish to open the file.

steve

"Cindy Parker" <cypy@live.com> wrote in message =
> Occasionally the mini icons in front of a files of a certain file type =
(e.g. all *.html)=20
> in Windows Explorer are lost. Instead an ugly dummy icon is shown.
>=20
> How can I re-assign the Internet Explorer typical blue "e" mini icons =
to them again?
>=20
> Resp. how can I don this in general for a file extension .yyy?
>=20
> Cindy

0
Steve

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

Archive Money File
Need a little help. I've been using Money since it first came out many years ago. My .mny file is now 35,444KB after I archive all the transactions prior to 1/1/2004. I have bought and sold a lot of stocks, bonds, cars, etc. over the last 10 years or so. Is there any way to clear out the old "investment" transactions without affecting the networth history? Nope. For many reasons, archiving is lame and destructive and many of us recommend against it and do not do it ourselves. My file is well over 50 MB. I live with it and rather prefer that all of this historical ...

hosts file
Hi all, After I modified HOSTS file in another directory I can not replace the one on windows/system32/drivers/etc. He account I use is administrator. I have windows vista home premiun SP1. By the way a virus altered HOSTS file and can not connect to internet with firefox, I added 127.0.0.1 to the file in order to make it work. Thanks a lot for any help. perhaps a freeware called spybot can help. first immunize then go to the tools section and see if the hosts file is visiable. in any case here is some more info: http://tinyurl.com/yafnssc -- db���...

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Downloading Sales Literature
I have 1 sales rep who cannot download our sales literature in the correct format? If it's a PDF, DOC, PPT, etc when he does a right click and save target as the format is always HTML? This is not happening to any other users. I had him try from his laptop and then one of my Windows 2000 Terminal servers with the same results. I am running 1.2. Any ideas? I initially thought it was his toolbar add-ons for google, but disabling did not do the trick, and that was confirmed when he had the same problem on the terminal server. ...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Re: color in ERD diagram ?
Yes it did help, many thanks again. However, it would be really helpful if we could define more properties directly in the definition of the table stored in Visio, like - Fields: Yes/No appear in the diagram - Fields: Format (color, bold, etc...) Do we have any way to customize the application given with the ERD tool of Visio ? "RA" <asdf@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:402d51f1$1@news.microsoft.com... > To change the grey background, > 1. Highlight shape \ Window \ show shapesheet > 2. Find the cell "SelectMode" in Group Properties section. > 3....

Filing away posting Journals
I am wondering according to which number i should file away my posting journals in GL,PM,RM,BM I need a consistent filing system for my client,since he doesn't like the fact that GP has no auto batch number. another question: how can i trace a paybles transaction from payables to GL in Payables Management (in other words i want to see the gl transaction from payables) Thanks ...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

XmlDocument does not release the Xml file
Hello, I am finding trouble while using XmlDocument class to parse my xml documents reside in file system. The problem is, I have a function that loads the XmlDocument and the function is called many times during the execution context; the first call goes ok but the second call throws the exception that 'File is being used by another process'. I am writing the function this way. public void ReadXml(string path) { XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument(); xmlDoc.Load(path); XmlNode node = xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode("/Employee[sal > 30]"); blah blah blah } an...

Hide HTML Links on app's status bar
How might I prevent links from being shown in the status bar in my CHtmlView derived class, when the mouse hovers over a link. This is a view used to display a local mini website that navigates only with itself and is installed along with my application, so I don't want the user to be bothered with or even know what the links are. I'm rather hoping that there is a simply cs.style I can apply in a PreCreate or something easy! perhaps I can intercept the message that sends the text to the status bar from this class and just send a blank string? I'm using VS2005 and codejock t...

question re international characters in e-mail message
I have my keyboard set up as US - International. For me to type the Euro symbol, I simply press CTRL + ALT + 5 and I see €. I just now responded to an e-mail where I could not enter that symbol. I created a new e-mail message and there was no problem for me to enter that symbol. Can someone else's e-mail message have a built in limitation that precludes me from responding using that symbol .... or was this a one time glitch? Thanks, Dave Horne You might have additional keyboard layouts/languages installed which doesn't support that character. See http://www.msoutlook.info/...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

Accessing the schema type value from XSLT ...
Folks, Have any of you figured out a way in .NET 1.1 to access the scheme type of a Xml node from XSLT? Appreciate any pointers or code snippets that you can provide. After some extensive research (& head-scratching) I understand I need the PSVI(Post Schema Validated Infoset). I can't seem to figure out how to use PSVI with XSLT. Am I on the right track here? Thanks, -Naraendira -- NaraendiraKumar R. R. wrote: > Have any of you figured out a way in .NET 1.1 to access the scheme type of a > Xml node from XSLT? Appreciate any pointers or code snippets that you can >...

IE8 , Network Share / Drive Map
A client system (XP SP3, Novell Network ZENworks/Groupwise, Non-Admin account) here is having issues saving documents from within IE8 to her assigned Network drive. (I know more technical details for the network/setup may be warranted but for now I'm hoping someone has seen this or knows a fix based on this basic info) None of her mapped network drives show up as possible save locations from within the IE8 "save as" dialogue. Her drives are working fine otherwise; she can read, write, delete, etc. to them from Windows Explorer and other programs. There doesn't seem to be a...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

.msg file access violation in Outlook
Hi, I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access violation message when re-opening in Outlook. How do I solve this? Thanks. -- AKS "dee" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a .msg file that was created using Outlook 2000 SP-3. > > I am able to open the file only once in every boot cycle. The rest of > the time I get a shariung violation (when moving/deleting) or an access > violation message when re-op...

Uninstall/Re-install CRM for Outlook
After installing CRM for Outlook on a client computer (Win XP and Office 2003), CRM 1.2, Exchange 2003, Server 2003, I had a problem with a profile, which I deleted. From that time on, nothing worked, the CRM for Outlook would not work, I could not uninstall the CRM from Add/Remove Programs (I get this message: "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed"). I can't re-install either as I am notified that the product is already installed. I can't remove folders (Microsoft CrM) as some files are in use... What to do? Could you please give ...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Combining Excel files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have all my timesheets in separate files and I would like to extract = values from each file to use in analyzing my time spent on projects and = time spend doing administrative tasks, etc. Can someone give me some tips on how to get started (e.g.. how to = extract valves from one file to another) Thanks Cory ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C39406.568A3A80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

Re Quad combinations
Harlan Grove<hrlngrv@aol.com> wrote in message news:<JOwXa.14279$cJ5.1144@www.newsranger.com>... ....[illiterate post snipped] Calm down, take it easy. Take a deep breath, before you start ranting at the keyboard. If English is not your first language Mr. Grove, then have someone check your posts for you. The uninformed may abandon your posts, mistaking the writer for an utter illiterate moron, and unfortunately missing the content's obvious value. In addition pertinent details are lost in your long-winded unnecessary discourses. You seem to have plenty of time on your han...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

Can't Import old files
I have a system crash and had to re-install XP. My Outlook express files are on a other drive. I had that because of other experience. That worked verry good. But now i want to import my old emails and i can't get them!! I can't acces the files. I have already looked into the help in different sites but no sollution yet. I cant copy,rename, the files. I tried to get them back with DBxpress (recover program) but also that program can't open the files. It look like that the files are protected with a NO write/read function. I can deleted the files but thats not a option till i ha...