How to access SATA Harddisk? - 104821

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to access the SATA Harddisk?
My PC has 2 HDD, which are C and D.
C drive contains XP SP3 system file and D drive contains document file.
Recently, C drive harddisk occurs smart fail, and not able to work any more,
when I connect D harddisk using external USB case, it cannot be detected on
my notebook under window explorer, but Mass Storage Device can be seen under
safe remove tools.  Under tool device, this harddisk is classified as disk 1,
it is described as "active" and "external" with no partition at all. This
harddisk is checked by manufacturer, and said it works fine, and describe
which could be format as RAID, and can only be recognized by original XP with
some SIA number, which I get no idea.  At this moment, I install XP on a new
SATA HDD, after that, could anyone give me any suggestions on whether new XP
can recognize this harddisk or not? if not, does anyone have any suggestions
what I can do? the disk contains all of my document files.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

  First the BIOS needs to be set for IDE & SATA hds to work together,actually
 SATA is usually disabled by the mfg settings,by default.RAID has no such
 "format",its files/data are shared thru another hd,but the file system is
still
 ntfs...You might go to run,type: diskmgmt.msc  In msc,locate the hd,L.click
 on it,go to actions,all,select "make active"..Also,run,type: cmd  In cmd
type:
 DiskPart,in DiskPart,type: list disk  type: list volume  type: HELP  for
all cmds.
 Also,if you run intel hardware,go to intel.com,download the SATA controller
 software "Matrix software",it has the drivers for the boards
controller.....And
 USB drivers.

"Eric" wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to access the SATA Harddisk?
> My PC has 2 HDD, which are C and D.
> C drive contains XP SP3 system file and D drive contains document file.
> Recently, C drive harddisk occurs smart fail, and not able to work any more,
> when I connect D harddisk using external USB case, it cannot be detected on
> my notebook under window explorer, but Mass Storage Device can be seen under
> safe remove tools.  Under tool device, this harddisk is classified as disk 1,
> it is described as "active" and "external" with no partition at all. This
> harddisk is checked by manufacturer, and said it works fine, and describe
> which could be format as RAID, and can only be recognized by original XP with
> some SIA number, which I get no idea.  At this moment, I install XP on a new
> SATA HDD, after that, could anyone give me any suggestions on whether new XP
> can recognize this harddisk or not? if not, does anyone have any suggestions
> what I can do? the disk contains all of my document files.
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Access to items in a reminder window
I wrote a Application_Reminder Routine that sends an email if the tasks that fires this event has a certain subject. When i have two or more Tasks at the same day the reminder pops up and lists the different Items inside this reminder window. So far, so good, but how could my code get access to the different items that appear in the reminder window? ...

Access 2007 Error in Loading DLL Revisited
I have MS Office Enterprise 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6251.5000) on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits. When I open the linked table manager in MS Access and try to check any table I get an error message saying "The expression FldListCheckItem you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: error in loading dll." There is no way for the OK button the get enabled, so I cannot use the linked table manager. If I try to use the Report or Query Wizards I get, twice, a msgbox saying "Error in loading DLL" before the wizards opens....

Win 7 and sata Optical drives
Charlie, every time I try to send message on the newsgroup, I get this - "The rejected e-mail address was 'Charlies@mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org'" BIOS shows 6 channels, 1 & 2 are my hard drives, 3 & 4 are where I have the opticals connected. They don't show in device manager or upon bootup. Thanks, Jim Hi, Jim. There are THREE ways to Reply in a newsgroup; TWO of them are wrong ways. :>( 1. Reply to the Group - this is almost always the right way; it posts your message here in the newsgroup. 2. Reply - this is what you seem to be ...

web access autentication
hi every body i have installed an exchange 2003 in my domain and enable web access on it. every useres who want to access with web have to enter servers FQDN/exchange to browse it . after that a user name and password box apeared to them . im looking for a way if users login to domain , web access dosenot looking for autentication and after browsing server ip address that box dose not shown to them ! please lead me if it possible! In fact, the two last sentences are hard to understand. If my understanding is correct, you may try, http://exchangename/exchange or if you have only one e...

create email from Access
I would like to create an email message from Access based on a query. Query provides the email address. I would like the email address to be added to the 'to' line in the Outlook email message. Any help is appreciated! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200703/1 ...

Eliminating Duplicates from a Query Access 2007
I've run a query that captures the data set I want. Now I want to eliminate Duplicate names and retain only the unique names. These are text fields, can I do this in the Criteria in Design View? Many thanks. (B^>)-]=[ hi, On 01.04.2010 16:46, WSR wrote: > I've run a query that captures the data set I want. Now I want to eliminate > Duplicate names and retain only the unique names. > > These are text fields, can I do this in the Criteria in Design View? Take a look at the Unique Values property of your query. mfG --> stefan <-- Und...

Questions on emailing access reports in a snp and PFD format & FAX
I am in the process of developing an application which is to send ACCESS reports to suppliers (Monthly Supplier Performance Report cards). I am using the VBA code from the references which I was directed to, from this forum. I use the Stephan Labans code to convert the ACCESS report to a PDF format. I send a MS Outlook message with 2 attachments (a snapshot {snp} and PDF version of the report). Currently the code works if I close the open PDF version of the report before the code increments to the next supplier (next recordset record). If I do not manually close the displayed PDF...

Access 2002 vs Access 2003 10-19-07
I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and A03? Thanks you Harold HaroldT <HaroldT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently purchased the book, Access 2003 Inside Out only to find out the >OfficePro XP uses Access 2002. Is any appreciable difference between A02 and >A03? Appreciable, no. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links...

Getting data from Access
I am trying to use the Get External Data function to pull data from an Access query however I keep getting an error that says: "Microsoft Query: msqry32.exe - Application error The instruction at 0x000000072 referenced memory at 0x000000072. Memory could not be read Click OK to Terminate Click on CANCEL to debug" I am using Excel and Access 2000. Does anyone have any idea why I keep getting this error? Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/accessexcel.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NChris" <NChris@discussions.micr...

Why am I unable to access URL's from outlook?
I keep getting error messages stating that, "This operation has been canceled to to restrictions on this computer. Please conact your system administrator." What do I nee to do to fix this issue. Please Help. Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs Tab->Reset Web Settings. Usually happens after installing Firefox. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, David Layton asked: | I keep getting error me...

how can i access CRM from ouside LAN
Hi All, if i have a implementation of MS CRM 3 in my office. All users of CRM can access it from within the LAN through windows authentication. How can they access it from their home or some remote position. i dont want to use offline CRM/outlook functionality. Can i access MS CRM 3 online from anywhere on internet, something like assignin it some IP. Please explain. You can serve it out just as you would any other website in IIS. Make sure you use an SSL certificate so your CRM data is protected behind https. If your CRM server has a fixed external IP address or is reachable via a URL, y...

Accessing mailbox of disabled user Account
I have user and his account has been disabled. we have exxhange 2003 mail server. Now our company needs to access his emails back,so I gave appropriate rights to that required user in order to access his mailbox. This is not working and when tried to access his mailbox it gives error "Unable to expand the folder.The set of folders could not be opened",also If I enable that user I can access that mailbox,but I do not want to enable that user. I did checked for any overriding in advanced security properties of mailbox, but could not find anything.please help as this is urgent. ...

sendkeys action requires utility add in access 2003
I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not pop up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. Any input will be helpful. Thanks Craig "Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A3A76CB-9556-4B9D-B85E-39F13771D0C8@microsoft.com... >I Know that this has been asked before. My question is why it will not >pop > up on one computer but will on another. The same actions being performed. > Any input will be helpful. > > Thanks Craig You'll have to give a few more details a...

Access Report Filters
Hi, (MS Access 2002) I'm having trouble with report filters. When applying the filter, the report dosen't show the correct data, this can vary from the correctly filtered data, no data and partial data using the same data and filters. strFilter = "(([VENDOR_CODE]='" & rstVendor!VENDOR_CODE & "') And ([TRANS_DATE]=#" & CurrentDate & "#))" Reports!RPT_VENDOR_KANBAN_USAGE.Filter = strFilter Reports!RPT_VENDOR_KANBAN_USAGE.FilterOn = True The above code is how I set the filter, but I've also tried setting the filter as fol...

Fraction number in Access
Is anybody can tell me, if MS Access can accept fraction number like Excel?. I had a project before, the user had to enter with fraction number. I still can't figure it out untul now. KF -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com That depends... do you want Access to merely "accept" a string of characters, or will you be wanting to "do math" on the value that string of characters represents? If the latter, one way to do this would be to build a function that takes a "text" input (e.g., "1/5") and converts it to a decimal equivalent. ...

Excel cannot access the file
Hello. I have a problem. I have a web site with some excel reports. There are some users, that they can not open any excel files. An error window is shown: ERROR FOUND: Microsoft Office Excel cannot access the file .... there are several possible reasons: - The file name or path does not exist - The file is being used by another program - The workbook you are trying yto save has the same name as a currently open workboo. Any reason is correct in my case. With Excel 97, 2000 works fine, but with Excel 2003 (in some computers) I get this error. Not always it is happening. Depends on the c...

User not accessed the system since last 2 months
Is there any script available to determine accounts that have not logged in for the past x months. Please provide us the link and and guide line how to use that ? Thanks ...

How to prevent outsiders from accessing ASP.Net intranet website?
Hello Community I have a main server at one location and I have 10 other remote locations each containing one server. The main server contains the ASP.Net website which is the intranet. Using IIS a user at any of the 10 remote locations can access the ASP.Net website but how can I prevent anyone outside of the 10 other remote locations from other accessing the ASP.Net website at the main location if they know the url to the ASP.Net website on main location of the intranet? Thanks Jeff -- JB ...

Relay Access Denied
Sometimes when I'm sending/replying/forwarding an e-mail I get an e-mail back from the "System Administrator" with the following message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Reschedule monday Sent: 10/19/2003 8:47 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'thompson817@comcast.net' on 10/19/2003 8:47 AM 554 <thompson817@comcast.net>: Relay access denied I know that the e-mail addresses are correct so I don't see what the problem is. Any explanation would be appr...

403 Forbidden access
hi all i get this error when ever i try to access any e-mail through web on exchange 2003 Forbidden You were denied access because: Access denied by access control list. need help A.S.A.P please thanx in advance On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 07:00:01 -0700, DAG <DAG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi all i get this error when ever i try to access any e-mail through web on >exchange 2003 > >Forbidden >You were denied access because: > >Access denied by access control list. >need help A.S.A.P please > >thanx in advance Firewall or ISA issues? http://support....

Accessing Custom fields (propery)
Hi everyone, Any one who can tell me how to access custom fields using the CRM web service? Thanlks, ...

remote access to email
I have an outlook account at work that I would like to access at home. How do I do that? ...

Excel as Access front end
I am looking for advice on using Excel as an Access front end for data entry. I googled this and found code for using DAO/ADO. I'm just wondering if anyone has any good links for further suggestions. Thanks Bill I have some code on my site: http://tinyurl.com/32994k HTH, JP On Mar 20, 3:27=A0pm, "BillE" <bel...@datamti.com> wrote: > I am looking for advice on using Excel as an Access front end for data > entry. =A0I googled this and found code for using DAO/ADO. =A0I'm just won= dering > if anyone has any good links for further suggestions. > &g...

General MS Access Programming
I have spent almost 46 years learning, using and teaching different programming languages and quite frankly, I have never found anything more confusing than trying to program functions in MS Access. I have given up trying to learn how by studying other people's coding examples. What is available to help learn the subject in the form of self-study courses? Thanks, George I'm puzzled by this, given that Access uses the same VBA as the rest of the Office products, and that it's virtually indistinguishable from "Classic" VB. Jeff Conrad has a fabulous list of Acces...

recovering a possibly corrput pst file (error: moved, deleted or access was denied)
Hello, all. Some of you may remember me as the guy not able to move his .pst file to his hard drive. Well, I finally got THAT figured out and unchecked the 'read-only', and all the basics that go to getting a .pst imported to outlook. NOW, I have my .pst file on my hard drive, read-only unchecked...I import the file, it seems to be moving along, but then I get this message: "Some items could not be copied. They were either moved, deleted, or access was denied." None of my .pst file was imported. Any ideas? Thanx in advance as always. Didn't think of that... when I d...