Help - Strange video problem

WinXP-Pro/SP3.

I use two monitors. Everything was working fine, until I recycled the
machine on/off. Now, only one, the primary monitor, outputs video.

When the machine is booted I see the post message on both monitors. When
it starts to go into Windows, I see the Windows startup screens on both
monitors. But...when I finally enter Windows, I get no further video from
the secondary monitor. I have checked all video settings, and everything
appears proper.

Help!

TIA, Herb
0
HerbF

<HerbF@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> WinXP-Pro/SP3.
>
> I use two monitors. Everything was working fine, until I recycled the
> machine on/off. Now, only one, the primary monitor, outputs video.
>
> When the machine is booted I see the post message on both monitors. When
> it starts to go into Windows, I see the Windows startup screens on both
> monitors. But...when I finally enter Windows, I get no further video from
> the secondary monitor. I have checked all video settings, and everything
> appears proper.
>
> Help!
>
> TIA, Herb

ATI (AMD) has a forum on their webpage.

Help with Selection.Replace
When I run this click macro from inside a worksheet, nothing happens. The changes I am trying to make are not done but the code works fine when I run it manually. Any ideas what is going wrong? Private Sub cmdMarketRegion_Click() If Me.cmdMarketRegion.Caption = "Market" Then Me.cmdMarketRegion.Caption = "Region" Me.Range("D7,D23,D39") = "Market" Me.Cells.Select With Selection .Replace What:="=$D$7", Replacement:="<>""" End With Me...

Tutorial Video doesn't play
Hi - I'm new to Visio, and I'm trying to go through the Visio 2003 tutorial. Unfortunately - the tutorial comes up, but when it gets to the .mpg section, I just the box where the video should play is blank, and there is no video. Even when I click the play button, nothing happens. Please help! There is nothing on the Microsoft Website explaining what to do! I am running it on a Dell Latitude laptop - Windows XP Professional, with Office 2003 Professional fully installed. Thanks, Lissa since most of that stuff is tied to the media player, does media player work with any o...

formula help #26
Is this possible? Find all cells in a column which match an item from a pull down list. Perform a sum of those rows in a different column and divide by a count of the matches to obtain an average. for one cell it might be like this. If X1 = C3 then R1=(Running SUM of C column matches)/ Count of C Column matches Where X1 is the pulldown value selected. R1 is the result -- Rikk Flohr gallery: www.fleetingglimpse.com consulting: www.fleetingglimpse.net blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/fleetingglimpse/ =AVERAGE(IF(C1:C100=X1,C1:C1000)) which is an array formula, it should be com...

SQL help please
I've got a query that I just can't seem to get right. I have a table (orders) with itemName and itemQty. Every order makes a new row so I can have many rows with the same itemName plus the itemQty that was ordered. What i'm trying to do is get how the total number of each item ordered. First try: SELECT itemName, count(*) as popitemCount FROM Orders Group By itemName ORDER BY Count(*) DESC Looks good except it only tells me how many times each item was ordered regardless of itemQty, not how many total of each item. I need something like.. SELECT itemName...

help with pivot tables
I have created a spreadsheet which has multiple pivot tables the only problem is that my source data can contain anything from one item to fifty items therefore the pivot tables can overlap if two adjoining pivot table both contain alot of information, how do I solve this problem I want the pivot table when refreshed to insert and move everthing else either down or across plese help ...

Problem with Dates in Query
I have a field with dates. However, I need to separate only the year in another column. This is what I have so far but it is not working. Year: IIF([mydatefield] = #m/d/2009#,#2009#,IIf([mydatefield]=#m/d/2010#,#2010#)). Can somone please help me with this? Thank you. TotallyConfused wrote: >I have a field with dates. However, I need to separate only the year in >another column. This is what I have so far but it is not working. Year: >IIF([mydatefield] = #m/d/2009#,#2009#,IIf([mydatefield]=#m/d/2010#,#2010#)). How about: MyYearField: Year(mydatefield) ...

Persistent Problem with USPS Shipping Assistant
When I try to launch the United States Postal Shipping Assistant I get: "the type initializer for microsoft.practices.enterpriselibrary.exceptionhandling.exceptionpolicy threw an exception." and it does not launch. I have uninstalled .Net Framework and reinstalled it, and this is the error I get. I've also tried reinstalling Shipping Assistant. When I google the error, it's mostly from programmers who are discussing code, not for end users of others applications. No other applications give me this error. Anyone have any advice on this one? -- Rober...

On-line Manual Problem
We are setting up money 2004for the first time, and can not get access to the on-line manual. I checked the browser security settings as suggested, and they are OK, but I just get an error message that the page can not be opened. Any suggestions as to what I am missing? Thanks SteveG In microsoft.public.money, steveg wrote: >We are setting up money 2004for the first time, and can >not get access to the on-line manual. I checked the >browser security settings as suggested, and they are OK, >but I just get an error message that the page can not be >opened. > >...

Help! Can I store my files on a disk for future use?
Is it possible to store my messages on a disk and bring them up at a future time using the disk? If so, how can I store them. We are changing servers and I have to reduce the size of my files. Please respond ASAP. Thanks, Liz File > Import and Export > Export to a file File Type: Personal Folder File (.pst) Note, save this file to your hard drive and note the location. Once the file is completed, copy it to your other disk (probably a CD-R). -- Charles Kenyon Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (sup...

TRANSACTION PROBLEM, Pls Help me!
I have fallen into TRANSACTION problem in MSSQL2005. I created small easy to understand sample which throws same error as in my problem. So sample is : ============================================== CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.spTempProc2 AS BEGIN TRANSACTION CREATE TABLE #aa (col INT) ROLLBACK RAISERROR ('error test', 16, 1) GO =========================================== CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.spTempProc1 AS BEGIN TRANSACTION CREATE TABLE #aa (col INT) INSERT INTO #aa SELECT 1 EXEC dbo.spTempProc2 IF @@ERROR <> 0 RETURN COMMIT TRANSACTION GO ==============...

persmissions problem
This about the third time I've posted this issue. Here it is. Installed Exchange 2003 on network and using outlook 2002 which is not an issue. When regular users put the exchange server name and their name in outlook it won't resolve. Three boxes popup and ask for username, servername and domain which shouldn't happen. After putting that info a message comes back and says "your credentials are incorrect. If I use my admin account there is not problem. Outlook will only resolve admin accounts. Could someone please help. "coy" <anonymous@discussions....

MONEY 2005 problems. How to return for refund?
Transitioned from MONEY 2003 to MONEY 2005. 1st issue... even when selecting the option to "Work Offline" MONEY 2005 continues to "call home" to Microsoft if your computer is connected to the internet. You can verify this "feature" if you have a personal firewall installed. 2nd issue... with the option selected to display internet information using my default browser, MONEY 2005 continues to display the information within MONEY 2005. Does anyone no how to return MONEY 2005 to Microsoft for a refund? Personally I'm tired of purchasing thei...

Help Using a Combination Function
BACKGROUND: I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that would help me do the monthly schedule for our nurses more efficiently. Right now, the spreadsheet is just fully manual, add all the dates (to six sheets), review the schedules cell by cell to make sure we have enough people scheduled and then take the daily schedules and apply to yet another spreadsheet that shows the daily schedule (versus the 28 day schedule). CURRENTLY: I have created a new spreadsheet that has already automated some of these functions. I have created a cell so that I only have to enter one date and ...

mail delivery problems #2
Hi, Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what seems like no apparent reason we are having problems. The setup is exchange 2003. The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing sitting between the servers other than routers. Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these em...

Urgent please help
Hello, everytime I open a bank document or an existing document (open anything or even when close visio) I got the error message "Visio.exe has generated errors will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.". Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! M Sounds like a corrupt installation. I would uninstall and reinstall. Beforehand though, an quicker thing to try is to see if the bin file might be corrupt. The location of the bin file varies based on the version of visio but you can do a general search on your computer and delete any files named visi...

Exchange 2003 Mail Wizard is not working -- Please Help!!
When I go through the wizard I get an error "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server then if I deselect send internet email I get "The SMTP virtual server 'Default SMTP virtual server' on the selected server does not have the binding of all unassigned/port 25 What does this mean Will You cant run Internet Mail Wizard twice. If you do that you olways get erorr "To send Internet email, the selected Server cannot be a bridgeheade Server" You must delete Internet Mail Connector and ReRun Internet Mail Wizard I think this help y...

Outlook Connector config problem
I could not locate a suitable thread for this issue hence starting a new one. I installed OlC 12.0.6423.1000 earlier last month. It downloaded all the mails from my Hotmail Live Inbox at that time and also downloaded mails from other Hotmail folders. My hard drive crashed and I resurfaced with all necessary software including OlC. Now I see that the mails that were downloaded in folders other than inbox are no longer downloaded. Only later mails from the date of reinstall are seen downloaded. How can I download the previous mails from all folders? Please suggest possible tips. ...

Stopping help for circular references
When I create a circular reference, Excel spends out 2 minutes trying to display help and the circular reference tool bar. I don't mind the toolbar, but how do I stop the help from being displayed. Hi, This is one way to prevent the error and the help window from opening: Tools -> Options -> Calculation, check iteration. Now Excel only calculates the circular references only so many times, that one of the specified conditions (maximum iterations OR maximum change) come true. - Asser ...

Excel 2007 Conditional Formatting problem
I have a conditional format that works fine on the previous version of Excel, but not so well on 2007. It is a formula condition: =AND($D$13 = "N",LEFT($D$6,2) = "AP")=TRUE D13 is the cell with the conditional format in it and D6 is a drop down of items, some of which start with "AP" and some of which start with "GL". (Basically, I'm having D13 turn red when D13 has a value of "N" and D6 starts with "AP".) It works just fine if you are changing the value of D13. It doesn't work at all if you are changing the value of D6-- ...

Vista 64-bit: problems with IE8
Just wondering if anyone can help with a problem I am having with Internet Explorer and my system performance. I have IE 8, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, SLI-F Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ Processor 2.80GHz, and 4 Gigs of RAM... When I am using IE, the system sometimes stops responding. Checking the task manager reveals that there are 7 instances of internet explorer running at the same time. Usually 2 of them are using significant memory, over 200k, while the rest are running between 50k and 500. This happens with 1 IE window open, using only 1 tab. Why are all these...

Problems creating my own AFX_MODULE_STATE for multiple gui threads
I'm trying to convert a single gui threaded application to use multiple threads (one for each main window). I've created my own CWinThread subclass and use that to spawn new gui threads. Everything runs properly until I try to shut down my applications and close my threads -- various asserts start to fire. The shutdown of a gui thread invokes the function AfxEndThread which will call AfxOleTermOrFreeLib, which eventually calls COleObjectFactory::RevokeAll, and here is my problem. RevokeAll will go through all the class factory objects registered in the module state's m_factoryL...

Help with this needed!!
I have a workbook with two worksheets. Sheet 1 is an itemisation for December 2003 for customers who have cancelled a subscription to a DVD/magazine service (reason for cancelling, number of cancellations for each reason). Sheet 2 is a complete listing of all customers who have ever cancelled along with their cancellation date and reason for cancelling. This sheet contains data going back three years. What I would like to do is use a lookup to populate the number of cancellations for each reason in sheet 1 from the data held in sheet 2. I tried messing around with =sumif but I'm strug...

Problem with SetFocus
I am trying to set the focus of a form when some enters a duplicate value. The logic is correct, but the focus goes to the next field. All I want to do is blank the field and toggle back to that same field. The form is a datasheet view of another table. I would like duplicates to be allowed, but the end user is prevented from entering them. I am lost as to why this isn't working. Code below: Function checkTag() As Integer Dim db12 As Database Set db12 = CurrentDb Dim rs12 As Recordset Set rs12 = db12.OpenRecordset(Me.Name, dbOpenDynaset) rs12.MoveFirst rs12.FindFirst "[ServiceTa...

Help me Please!! Need hyperlinks to show actual email address!
I copy a list of names from one page and put them in a excel spreadsheet. What happens is just the name show like DUSTIN MCALISTER but when you hold the mouse over the name the email address shows up in a little yellow box showing what the hyperlink is. Is there a way to make it show the email address instead of the hyperlink?? That way I can click on a row of names and all the emaill addresses will be there so I can copy and paste them into my Email and mass email my clients? Thanks! Dustin, You could add this little UDF Function eMail(rng As Range) Dim tmp As String On...

Combo box problem
....looking for aswer by Frank Kabel earlier today, for some reason I can't find it anymore.. subject was "Combo box problem" and Frank was able to provide answer, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore... help send it to you via PM -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ..... wrote: > ...looking for aswer by Frank Kabel earlier today, for some reason I > can't find it anymore.. > > subject was "Combo box problem" and Frank was able to provide answer, > but unfortunately I can't find it anymore... > > help ...