Frequent updates and Windows installer

Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per 
day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.

Thank you
0
Utf
4/30/2010 9:19:01 AM
windowsxp.general 3897 articles. 1 followers. Follow

13 Replies
821 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 14

Only if the computer is running.

NizzO wrote:

> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per 
> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
> 
> Thank you

0
Bob
4/30/2010 12:12:41 PM
> NizzO wrote:
>
>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per day for
>> years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
 >>
>> Thank you


Bob I wrote:
> Only if the computer is running.


Yeah but ... can windows installer frequently catch it ? <w>



MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked
0
MowGreen
4/30/2010 8:44:05 PM
You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
your prescription drugs today?

hth

NizzO wrote:
> 
> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times per
> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
> 
> Thank you

-- 
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
0
LD5SZRA
4/30/2010 10:06:22 PM
Updates for/to what?

NizzO wrote:
> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times 
> per
> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>
> Thank you 

0
PA
4/30/2010 11:12:19 PM
Is this what you really meant to say?

-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


"LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>
> some of us completely mad sods
> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
> your prescription drugs today?
>
> hth
>
> NizzO wrote:
>>
>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times 
>> per
>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>
>> Thank you
>
> -- 
> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>
> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010. 

0
Michael
5/1/2010 1:20:06 AM
Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
"LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>
> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
> your prescription drugs today?
>
> hth
>
> NizzO wrote:
>>
>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times 
>> per
>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>
>> Thank you
>
> -- 
> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>
> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010. 


0
Unknown
5/1/2010 2:51:31 PM
That's what his mum calls him.

-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


"Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>
>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>> your prescription drugs today?
>>
>> hth
>>
>> NizzO wrote:
>>>
>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times 
>>> per
>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>
>> -- 
>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>
>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>
> 
0
Michael
5/1/2010 3:00:28 PM
From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 'sod'.
"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> That's what his mum calls him.
>
> -- 
>
>
> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>
>
> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>
>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>
>>> hth
>>>
>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>
>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 times 
>>>> per
>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>
>>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>
>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>
>> 


0
Unknown
5/1/2010 3:12:11 PM
Here in the US "pr!ck" is appropriate.

-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


"Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
news:ugIDqCU6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 'sod'.
> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
> news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> That's what his mum calls him.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>>
>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>
>>
>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>>
>>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>>
>>>> hth
>>>>
>>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 
>>>>> times per
>>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thank you
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>>
>>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>>
>>>
>
> 
0
Michael
5/1/2010 5:25:46 PM
Since he is in the UK instead of the US perhaps that's too nice of a name 
for him.
"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
news:Ogo$MNV6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Here in the US "pr!ck" is appropriate.
>
> -- 
>
>
> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>
>
> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
> news:ugIDqCU6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 'sod'.
>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> That's what his mum calls him.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>>
>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>
>>>
>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>>>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>>>
>>>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>>>
>>>>> hth
>>>>>
>>>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 
>>>>>> times per
>>>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thank you
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>>>
>>>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> 


0
Unknown
5/3/2010 5:12:31 PM
That's not fair.  I have a few real life friends in the UK.

-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


"Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
news:eS1NLPu6KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Since he is in the UK instead of the US perhaps that's too nice of a name 
> for him.
> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
> news:Ogo$MNV6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Here in the US "pr!ck" is appropriate.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>>
>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>
>>
>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>> news:ugIDqCU6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>> From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 'sod'.
>>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> That's what his mum calls him.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>>> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>>>>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>>>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>>>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>>>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> hth
>>>>>>
>>>>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 
>>>>>>> times per
>>>>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thank you
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>>>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>>>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>>>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>>>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>>>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>>>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>>>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>>>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>>>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>>>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 
0
Michael
5/3/2010 6:44:02 PM
BUT, they're not 'LD5SZRA' I trust.
"Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
news:e7MMNCv6KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> That's not fair.  I have a few real life friends in the UK.
>
> -- 
>
>
> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>
>
> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
> news:eS1NLPu6KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Since he is in the UK instead of the US perhaps that's too nice of a name 
>> for him.
>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>> news:Ogo$MNV6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Here in the US "pr!ck" is appropriate.
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>>
>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>
>>>
>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>> news:ugIDqCU6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>> From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 'sod'.
>>>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> That's what his mum calls him.
>>>>>
>>>>> -- 
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>>>>>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>>>>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>>>>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>>>>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> hth
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 
>>>>>>>> times per
>>>>>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Thank you
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>>>>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>>>>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>>>>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>>>>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>>>>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>>>>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>>>>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>>>>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>>>>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>>>>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>
>> 


0
Unknown
5/3/2010 7:09:26 PM
Not for all the Euro's in Europe!

-- 


"Don't pick a fight with an old man.
If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."


"Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
news:OFP0fQv6KHA.2240@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> BUT, they're not 'LD5SZRA' I trust.
> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
> news:e7MMNCv6KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> That's not fair.  I have a few real life friends in the UK.
>>
>> -- 
>>
>>
>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>
>>
>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>> news:eS1NLPu6KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Since he is in the UK instead of the US perhaps that's too nice of a 
>>> name for him.
>>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:Ogo$MNV6KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> Here in the US "pr!ck" is appropriate.
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>>> news:ugIDqCU6KHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>> From what he posts, I would think 'Sot' is more appropriate than 
>>>>> 'sod'.
>>>>> "Michael" <mdsjhu@gropumail.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:unjrB8T6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> That's what his mum calls him.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>>>>>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message 
>>>>>> news:OGmNH3T6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>> Knowledgeable sods??? You??? Who you trying to bamboozle?
>>>>>>> "LD5SZRA" <LD5SZRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>>>>>> news:4BDB545E.DADAE990@discussions.microsoft.com...
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> You must be completely mad because some of us knowledgeable sods
>>>>>>>> have blocked Microsoft's useless updates which comes out once a
>>>>>>>> month but you want them 4 times a day!  Have you forgotten to take
>>>>>>>> your prescription drugs today?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> hth
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> NizzO wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Is windows installer suited to make frequent upates, i.e. about 4 
>>>>>>>>> times per
>>>>>>>>> day for years to come? Where can I find more info in this matter.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Thank you
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>>> THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
>>>>>>>> KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR
>>>>>>>> IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
>>>>>>>> FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LD5SZRA
>>>>>>>> OR ITS ASSOCIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER
>>>>>>>> INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, LOSS OF
>>>>>>>> BUSINESS PROFITS OR SPECIAL DAMAGES,  EVEN IF LD5SZRA OR ITS
>>>>>>>> ASSOCIATES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
>>>>>>>> DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR
>>>>>>>> LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL
>>>>>>>> DAMAGES SO THE FOREGOING LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 
0
Michael
5/3/2010 7:42:44 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Applying the Year End Update
I noticed that the documention for the Year-End Update indicates that you can apply the update prior to completing all of the payrolls for the year (but you have to apply it before creating the Year-End Wage file). Can anyone confirm that this is in fact true? Has anyone had any problems applying the update in advance? I seem to recall in the past having to wait until all payrolls were done for the year. Thanks. The update usually just deals with last-minute changes by the IRS, etc. for changing the forms or computations in the yearly compliance reporting. It is perfectl...

CRM for Outlook Installation
trying to install CRM for Outlook Client on user's laptop. I get to the step where you Specify Microsoft CRM Server page, and I type the url (e.g. http://crm.opnt.local), and I get the following error message: setup was unable to find an instance of the MS CRM Server components. I installed on my own laptop last week, using same url, etc., and it worked fine. The System Admin suggested trying to install on the local 100 Mbit network connection, as I did last week; as opposed to doing the install at the user's office, which only has a 10 Mbit network connection. I haven...

Just upgraded test 3.0 install to 4.0, weird error when opening account?
We are working on a full implementation to crm 3.0 in our office. Still working out some of the bug there. So, we decided to upgrade our test box to 4.0, so we can see if any of the bug we are having are worked out in 4.0. It appears that maybe they are... YAY :) But, when i open an account in 4.0, i get an error box that i have to hit OK 4 times, then everything is alright, and i can see the account, and check everything out. here is the error that is in the bottom of the pop up: http://127.0.0.1:5555/companyname/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errmessage= Tha...

How to open different excel books in different windows?
I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application Just open them! If you want to see more than one at the same time, reduce the size of each window, so that you can fit them either side-by-side, or one in the upper half, and one in the lower half. I.e., move your mouse to one of the borders, click and drag to the middle of the screen "Yoga" wrote: > I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel > sheets in different windows by opening single Excel appl...

0xC0070652 error during Exchange 2003 SP2 install
I tried to install SP2 on one of our Exch 2003 Standard servers and received the following error, choosing the cancel option seems to have allowed the install to complete sucessfully "Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange Activesync with error code 0xC0070652" the setup log reads as follows [05:31:39] Calling MSXML installer with command line: "msiexec /i msxml3.msi /q reboot="ReallySuppress"" [05:31:39] Process created ... waiting (-1) [05:31:42] Process has exited with 0x000652 [05:31:42] The command msiexec /i msxml3.msi /q reboot=&quo...

Service pack 3 year end update
Does anyone know of any issues with 2008 year end update which includes service pack 3??? ALso is there any docs out there that tell you what service pack 3 includes and what it updates, had a clients update done and now when the are posting they the error THE STORED PROCEDURE GLPBATCHCLEANUP RETURNED THE FOLLOWING RESULTS: DBMS O, GREAT PLAINS 20488, is this an issue with the update?? Help Thanks, Jim The installation guide for SP3 contains the fixes. I don't have information about the error you're experiencing. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jim" wrote: > Does a...

Windows 7 Problem Looking for News Group Recommendation
Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group re Windows 7 Home Premium. "JohnR" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message news:eJsb8nf7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Not an email problem but would like a recommendation for a good news group > re Windows 7 Home Premium. If you are looking for an MS newsgroup then you are out of luck. There's an "Alt" group - full of idiots morons trolls and twits, or there's the new MS web-based forums here: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 ...

GP 9.0 SP1 utility cannot update company--being updated by another client
I'm setting up a test envrionment for my great plains 9.0 + SP1 installation on a new VM. I installed 9.0 and SP1 and then launched the Microsoft dynamics GP utilities. I asked for all companies to be upgraded and it was processing the companies. This process was very slow so I let it go overnight (it did look like it was doing something as the gui was updating periodically). When I came back in the morning and remote desktoped into the VM server, I didn't see the utility up. So I launched the utlity again, and now I am told that some of the companies upgraded successfully and som...

Turn off windows updates
Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. Thank you "Donna@Repco" <Donna@Repco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DF4F981-39FC-428C-BCDA-586FCB8D1347@microsoft.com... > > Our office uses a computer guy who has turned off all of windows updates. > He said we dont need them. Can anyone confirm this. > > Thank you BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Has he tried to sell you a train yet? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fi...

Installation of eConnect Service
I hope this question is not too broad. I am a c++ programmer with a rough familiarity with the .NET platform. I have Visual Studio .NET. I am attempting to develop a webservice for a client that dovetails with the eConnect functionality of Great Plains. The problem is, I cannot get the eConnect service installed. I have Great Plains 9 I have run the installation program for econnect from the second CD. IIS is installed on the Great Plains server machine. How do I get the eConnect service up and running? Any help in this matter would be appreciated, the included documentation was not very...

ANYONE INSTALL TRANZ 460 by Verifone?
Has anyone installed this model of verifone for any version of RMS? Thanks -- Jere Hurn zeroedin, inc ...

pricing updates affect already shipped orders
In CRM 3.0 I'm seeing the Total Amount field on an order change when price list updates are done for items on an order. The affected orders have already been shipped so no changes should occur. The extended price on the Sales Order Detail is still correct and not affected by the pricing update. What causes this? Will using the Prices Locked check box fix this issue? Yes, invoice pricing has to be locked on an invoice if you don't want changes in the pricelist to affect it from the MS CRM 3.0 sdk: LockInvoicePricing: Locks the total price of products and services specified in th...

Business Portal Installation #5
I am not able to install Business Portal for GP 10. While installing i got a message saying as below The following selected items are not registered or are not installed in the back office: Requisition Management Business Portal Employee Pay Employee Profile Recruitment Skills and Training Time and Attendance Key Performance Indicators Electronic Document Delivery Project Time and Expense eOrder Can someone help me in resolving this issue. How can i register these in back office? On Apr 28, 5:09=A0am, Mohan <Mo...@discussions.mic...

GP installation
I am installing GP on several clients. Is there any way to push the System DSN ODBC connection to the clients from the server using the installation package or some other method. Or do I have to go around to each machine and setup the ODBC connection? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer www.landiscomputer.com PC Sales, Service & Helpdesk Certified Network Installation & Service Microsoft Retail Management System Microsoft Small Business Financials Specialists Microsoft Certified Partner Comp TIA PC Service Certified What is that reg key? -- Japheth Nolt Landis Computer w...

windows reonfigured itself
I'm running Windows XP, and using Firefox and Gmail. Turned on the computer a couple of days ago, and found that for some reason the Gmail page had blown up to an abnormal type-size in screen appearance. If I cut back that apparent size by using Firefoxs Tools typeface option, then Gmail looked sort of ok again, but everything else, including all browser pages, shrank to very small proportions, at least half the size needed for normal usage. It seems that to scale down Gmail to an acceptable font-size again, I must scale every other internat application down to an unusable leve. I...

Windows Update (KB971644)
Hi, I have been attempting to install the Platform Update for Windows Vista Home Premium x32-based Systems (KB971644). The update downloads and then when the system is restarted, it performs 3 configuration steps. As soon as the 3rd step completes configuration, I get a message that configuration had errors and that it is reverting back. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks, Heri. Hello Heri, What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? what other security software are you running, if any? [antivirus/anti-ma...

Administrative Install
Is someone have done any administrative install of the sales for Outlook. Is it possible to deploy it using Group Policy? I try it but at first when I assign it to computer, the PC take more then 10 minutes to boot, then I received a message that said sfo is not install. If I publish to user, I received a message that said that the software is not fully install. In the docs the said something about an XML files that must be included, can someone help me on this, we will have 50 sfo to deploy soon and we dont want to do it one by one. When you published to users, were they alrea...

Windows staying behind other windows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In both Word and Excel, I have this annoying problem where when I open documents, they'll hide behind other windows that I have open. For example, I'll open a Word Document, and it'll be open, but everytime I click on the window, it stays behind an open Finder Window, or Firefox window, or whatever else I might have open. Anyone else having this problem? It's REALLY annoying. Are you using Spaces? If so, turn it off - Office & Spaces refuse to play nicely right now. A fix is reportedly in the works ...

windows explorer problems
I'm still running XP pro Sp3. 2 annoying problems with Windows explorer are first that when you copy a group of files from one spot to another and it encounters a problem, the whole copy process halts. The second problem is similar but related to deleting files. For this reason I've used 3rd party tools to do much of that sort of thing. My question is has this been fixed in Windows 7? Thanks, Keith I know this is an XP newsgroup but I couldn't find a "7" one and I don't really give a rip about Vista :-). "Keith G Hicks" <krh...

Bond price updates
Question for someone - I have a CD that yields 4.6%. The current value is > 100 (par value). When I look in my brokerage account, the $1000 bond is actually worth more than $1000 and when I enter the maturity date and coupon rate into Money, it's not picking up the true value of the CD - it just continually says it's worth $1,000. Is there any way to fix this correctly? Thanks, Jon You say it's a CD, then later refer to a $1000 bond. Bonds and CD's aren't the same thing. Which do you have? "Jonathan Held" <jsheld@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

Open Excel in different windows
When our company went to Office XP we saw a major difference in the way Excel acts. This difference has cost a lot of lost data, and tons of frustration. We find that you can be working on an excel file, and then you might open another excel file to look at or even for copying purposes. The problem is that when you close the 2nd excel file, excel automatically closes ALL excel files. Yes, it does ask you if you want to save changes to the 1st excel file, but after all the years of Microsoft prompting us to save any file that we have open, even when nothing has changed, people tend t...

Virtual memory fragmentation in Windows 2000 Server
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server. The following happens with Trend Micro Scanmail services disabled. When I start the Information Store service I have a 376 meg VM Largest Block Size. Throughout the day the VM Largest Block Size decreases to about 170 meg. About an hour after the online defrag starts on the mailbox store the VM Largest Block Size instantly dives to 70 meg. This happens every day. I receive no errors in the event log and the virtual memory does not decrease below 70 meg. I have run isinteg on the private store until there are no errors and this still hap...

A2k7: Property Window layout for comboboxes... UGH!!!
The window has been rearranged such that the Row Source, Row Source type, and others are no longer grouped with the other useful combobox properties like column count, column widths, list rows, etc. Creating combos have never been more difficult, thanks to the excessive scrolling or clicking of tabs. -- Steve Clark, Former Access MVP FMS, Inc http://www.fmsinc.com/consulting S.Clark wrote: > The window has been rearranged such that the Row Source, Row Source type, and > others are no longer grouped with the other useful combobox properties like > column count, column width...

Any issues with Windows Service Pack 3 (XP) and GP v. 8.0? Thanks
My client is looking to see if there are any issues with this combination. Thank you. No issues that I have heard about. However, check the system requirements page as it is updated frequently to address some of these questions at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp8.0_lowmidhi.htm?printpage=false Just make sure you are running the latest GP 8 service pack (Service Pack 5) available at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/greatplains80_servicepacks.htm?printpage=fal...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...