files & icons always in "details" type view

Hello:

I've created some folders in the desktop, and put inside shortcuts to
programs that I use mostly. Although I always choose view --> icons, at each
startup shortcuts re-appears in "details" view mode. I checked in "folder
options", "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked, so what's the
problem?

thank you
Maurice

0
Maurice

changing details for a contact-person that another user created
Hi All, we have several departments using the CRM, and people would like to have the possibility for changing the details in a contact person that was created by another user. Normally a chief would make a contact and add it in CRM, and then the stuff takes over, and maintains those contact - but they don't have the right to edit those contact... How do I solve this? Thanx in advance, Regards, Zoran I assume you have one Business Unit. If you look at security role , there are options "Write " "Append" "AppendTo" under the tab"Core Records"...

How to HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address details.
Hello, I need to allow a HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address details. What is the cleanest way to allow these permissions only? Exchange 2003, outlook 2003 Quest Active Roles Server <vyaw2003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170223431.607031.241980@k78g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I need to allow a HR user to modify GAL user phone number and address > details. > What is the cleanest way to allow these permissions only? > Exchange 2003, outlook 2003 > **I need to allow a HR user to modify the GAL through Outlook 2003 cant i just delega...

No Details Printing on a Manural PO
I'm stumped on this one. As of last week my client can print a Purchase Order with all line item detail if it is autogenerated but if entered manually it comes up blank with no detail. I have looked at the status, ran reconcile PO, etc. and cannot see why the manually entered PO's won't print detail. Any suggestions? Thank you. If you client is on a version prior to GP 8.0, the PO lines will not be released if they have a "Release by Date" that is in the future. Could this be causing the issue? -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,...

Vew Outlook appointment details
Hi , Every user in Windows 2003 sub-domain can see not only free/busy information of others in Outlook, but meeting details , that is privacy issue .It suddenly happens only in one sub-domain and relative Exchange 2003 Administrative group . i understand it is permissions issue , but where and how can i disable this permission . I compared the permissions accross domains and Administrative groups , but they seem same ? Any help will be appreciated Alex IT Admin ...

Details on v1.2 and beyond
I understand that MS discussed CRM Roadmap last week and was hoping that someone could shed some light on the specifics. What is slated for v1.2? I understand rewrite of Outlook Client, etc., but what benefits will we expect? Also, any idea when v2.0 is released? Thanks, roadmap? AFAIK there hasn't been much public release about what is going to be in 1.2 (much less ANYTHING about 2.0). Most of it has been hearsay, nothing official. -Gary "Jason Mutchler" <jmutchler@nospam-fromm.com> wrote in message news:uBolGdPlDHA.2216@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I understand t...

Any way to force multiple details on a label?
I'm trying to print labels, each with a group header and then a variable number of detail line. The report should go to the next label (2-3/4" high) regardless of the number of detail lines printed. The labels are 2-up (columns). Thanks .... Is there a question in your posting? What did you try and what were your results? Are you concerned about how to print a variable number of labels? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Elliot" wrote: > I'm trying to print labels, each with a group header and then a variable > number of detail line....

Error When Accessing System Settings via Web
When I click on System Settings, i get an error. I can offer the debug info.... feel free 2 help. FYI It is a 2k3 Standard with also Sharepoint Portal 2003 and crm 3.0 here is the info on it. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originat...

Letter Writing Ass't
Is it possible to list more than one detail (that is, an Invoice DocNumbr and Amt) within the body of a document? I want to print the customer's Name and Address in the greeting portion, and list one or more invoices in the body of the letter. (I'd also like to be able to print the total of those invoices.) Can the data source be a table that is not a core GP table? In researching LWA, I'm not finding much info. And, it looks like my needs are too complicated for LWA's capabilities. ...

GP Web Services
Is anyone aware of how I can retrieve the Bank details for a Vendor? I can quite happily add Bank details to a Vendor through GP but seem unable to retrieve the Bank details GP Web Services. Any help you can provide in this is most appreciated. Regards Chris What are you trying to accomplish? What kind of information are you looking for? -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Christopher Beach" wrote: > Is anyone aware o...

adding tax details on a POP Blank Purchase Order
Is there a simple wait to add tax details at the bottom of a POP Blank Purchase Order form? ...

Freeware to reset windows folder views from view->icons to view->details
About once a day I have to reset my Windows XP SP3 explorer view from "View -> Icons" bacl to "View -> Details" where I just wish it would stay put. To make all folders open up similarly, almost daily I then have to hit: Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Apply to All Folders -> Yes -> OK I have no idea WHAT is changing my folders from view->details to view->icons (I'm the only user of the computer) but I wonder if there is freeware that will automatically reset the Windows Explorer Folder View options more quickly? Do you know o...

Set investment details
Hi, Please advise me how to set affiliation to capitalization class (small/mid/large cap) for manually added investment, which has no match in moneycentral portal. -- Regards Moneycentral has a "group by capitalization" option so I am not sure what you are asking for. Frank "Developer" <Developer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5297E842-4A93-4BB1-B2C9-6F1EDA18FA21@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Please advise me how to set affiliation to capitalization class > (small/mid/large cap) for manually added investment, which has no match in &g...

Exchange 2004 : Mailbox size details..
Hi, Normally when a user called regarding their mailbox size is full, we can tell them that yes, their mailboz is full but how do you know on which folder (eg: Inbox, Calendar, Journal...) that the mailbox size is been occupied from ? Thank you. Rgrds, Zul From Outlook the user can right-click on "Mailbox: <User>" and select "Properties for <user>" and then select "Folder Size". -- Cheers DV "Zul" <mlist@istar.com.my> wrote in message news:uWNrGOcqEHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Normally when a user calle...

Adding entity into workflow manager / Hide user details
I'm looking to create a workflow but I want this to be around the 'user' entity which isn't currently listed under the entities available. Is there any way I can get this entity added to the list so that when a change is made to the user record I can trigger an event. Also, is there any way to hide the 'user' screen so that it is not viewable by the entire organisation but just by certain managers of the business as I want to add peoples security access to their account records and don't want everyone in the business to see this data. Many thanks for any hel...

EPM2007 Time entry details
Hi! We are using EPM2007 with SP1. Is there a way to differentiate between the actual work entered by resources from PWA and the actual work entered by PM through the MS Project, by making the tasks as 100% complete? I am looking for the difference into the Reporting Database tables. Regards, Viren Saini Hi Viren, unfortunately Project Server doesn’t make any difference where actual work comes from. Actual work entered by resources from PWA are only stored additionally as binary data in transaction tables, not readable. PMs can find details in PWA -> Task Up...

Group Count with no Details
I have a report with 2 groups. First group is called "Outcome" and the second group is called "Result". I was able to get a head count of results by inserting an unbound text. My question is how can I get a running total from the Results group? I hope that makes sense. Thank you NFL wrote: >I have a report with 2 groups. First group is called "Outcome" and the >second group is called "Result". I was able to get a head count of results >by inserting an unbound text. My question is how can I get a running total >fro...

Account Level Security Organizational Assignment Details and Repor
Before confirming account restrictions in the Account Level Security Mass Assignment window, one can click on the Details button to include or exclude the forecast accounts. But subsequent to clicking OK, one cannot include or exclude again. The list of included accounts in the Organizational Assignment Details window should be made available anytime one needs to edit this Position en-masse. Also, the Organizational Assignments Journal report should be available to report on this Position anytime, not just after processing the most recent restriction, and it should be inclusive of p...

print calandar with appointment contact details, notes, etc
Hi I am trying to create an itinerary using my calandar. The idea is to print the calandar: days, times, locations, INCLUDING all contact details of those contacts included in the various appointments. Any ideas greatly appreciated! sk ...

Customizing Task Details Entry
I'm not sure this is possible. I have 23 columns that must be entered per company policy for all schedules. I've added the columns to the Gantt view but I'd like to customize the bottom pane when in split window mode to display a customized entry form. I can create a customized entry form but how do I get it to display in the bottom pane of a split view? And how can I start with the Task Details Entry form and modify it - I'd like to start with the default form and add some fields. Thanks in advance, Relative newbie ;) Val -- Microsoft Project does no...

Linking contact details to Access database
Hi! I want to set up a contacts database to run various reports, queries etc. I know how to link to the address book/contacts in Outlook but want to link more than just the standard fields that come acroos eg: photo, user defined fields, language etc. Is this possible? and how? Many thanks ...

How do I show email details i.e. From and To in Activities view
The Account and Contact records have the Activities and History details on the left, this uses the Activity pointer info which shows email, letters, faxes etc. This is fine but they would really like to see details relating to emails i.e. the From field. Could it be done by creating a new menu item on the left or even an iframe on a new tab within the Account record? We would also like to know if there is a way to show From and To for Activities that are Emails in the Activities and History views. It's difficult to always have to open the Activity to see who sent and received ...

Word 2007 -- numbered table text style keeps losing style details
I created a numbered table text style with an indent of .00" and a hanging indent of .25", Left justification. I clicked the box to update all documents using this template and saved the document. Word asks me if I want to save the template changes and I do. Then, the next time I enter the document, the style has an indent of .3". I can change the style and save it, but every time I open the document, the style has changed again. How do I resolve this problem? "DownSouthLeftie" <DownSouthLeftie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Data table without graoh details
hi I am using a 100% stacked column graph to show the details of % late against % on-time delivered, for each week. To obtain these figures I had the, total delivered and late delivered volumes and did the necessary sums. Q. how do I show the late and delivered volumes as well as the precentages in the Data Table below the chart, but only show the required 100% stack chart for % late against % on-time Help appricaiated Regards Brian -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-chart/200806/1 You could format the unwanted series so as to hide them ...

Allotment Details area and the Total Cases/Minutes box
Scenario: Service Contract Template with allotment type set to time. Contract created with that template and contract line set accordingly with 121 total hours, units in hours and in the Case/Minutes box i entered 7260 (multiplicity of 121 and 60). When i create a case and had it resolved for a period of 3 days. The allotments remaining only decrement by one. Whats going on. Thanks ...

Details of WIP in Project Accounting
My client uses Project Accounting and we use the TM Project Type and use when Billed accounting method. However, we have a huge cost in the GL WIP account. The client wants a breakdown of the GL value into projects. That is a list of on-going project and the WIP for each and the sum of all projects equal to the GL WIP. Can anyone help with this? -- pibsng Hi-- Using When Billed only impacts when the revenue distribution is created (using When Performed will generate Unbilled Revenue and Unbilled AR distirbutions when posting costs). By default, T&M will post expenses to WIP and t...