Delete shutdown button but allow restart

Hello, I need disable the shutdown option for domain users, but these same
users need restart the machine.
If I disable by policies the shutdown button, is imposible restart the
machine.
I need in the shutdown menu only appear Restart and Log off.

Is this possible?

I have a 2008 Domain with Windows XP Professional Clients.

Thanks.

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

Allow Numeric Characters Only In A Cell
Hello! I am wanting to both limit a cell to numeric entry only and require 12-digits. Example of typical entry: 01-2005-12345. I have to ensure that the zero will show up at the start if that is what they need to enter and the dashes must fall in the string as shown. I do not want the user to have to key the dashes. I currently have been able to use "Format Cells" to ensure the zero shows up and the dashes automatically insert into the string by using custom format and 0#-####-##### , but I am not able to require 12-digits and limit to numeric entry only. Any help would be g...

Method for protecting cells which still allows quick editing
I’ve read a few posts on here and I think I’m pretty clear on determining which cells are locked for editing and which are unlocked for editing when a sheet is protected (tools-->protection-->protect sheet). I also know how to password protect a file for either opening or editing. What I am looking for is a method of edit protection for individual cells within a sheet (an entire column, really) which still allows for quick editing by approved individuals. Ex: a protected "signature" column that can be quickly edited by a few individuals. At this point, th...

cant delete message
I can't delete any messages from the inbox Please help More information would be helpful. What version of Outlook are you using? When did this problem start? What have you already tried? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "desktop@ambertone.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:459901c3aafc$e6c979f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I can't delete any messages f...

Can you retain msgs in Web Access afer deletion from reg outlook
Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from being deleted from regular Outlook and vice versa? If you use Exchange as your default location for Outlook, then no. Once = deleted from the server, it is deleted from your default store. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carolyn asked: | Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from | being deleted from regular Out...

Allow Exchange Access, not domain logon
I am an email administrator for a community college. We have several adjunct instructors that use only OWA to access their email. However, when we create the email account, they are also able to logon to any domain workstation. Does anyone know how to resrict a domain account to be able to access OWA, but not have permission to log into domain workstations? We have a Server 2003 domain with 2 DC's. Exchange 2003 is running on one DC (I know it is not the best config, but it can be helped at this time.) I have tried the "Log On To" settings in the users AD object, but it alw...

Removing deleted text
When I convert an Excel file to Adobe pdf, then use the Adobe searc function, I can sometimes see text in the search window that doesn' appear in the original Excel file or the pdf. Does Excel hang on t deleted text similar to Word and what is the best way to remove it? Thanks Dav -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It is "a feature, not a bug" <grin>. Surely all you need to do is start typing and the new text overwrite the old -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How to restart tab index on subform after moving to next record?
I have added three subforms to a main form and set tab indexes for several fields on each subform. The first time tab through the forms, the cursor tabs correctly through the mainform and subform fields. When I create anew recordonthe mainform, the subforms show blank entriews as they should, but when I tab to them, the cursor goes to the last indexed field on each subform rather than the first as it shoiuld have (and did) on the previous tab run. Why is this and how can I fix it? Hello "cybersafe". "cybersafe" wrote: > I have added three subforms to a main f...

Locking a sheet from being deleteable!
Well, I guess the title says it all... Locking a sheet from being deleteable!??? Thanks / Jennifer -- Hamidam ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hamidam's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37138 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=568943 Tools|protect|protect workbook (Protect the structure) No sheet will be able to be moved/deleted/inserted/renamed Hamidam wrote: > > Well, I guess the title says it all... Locking a sheet from being > deleteable!??? > > Than...

Allow Mail Relay Possible?
Hi there, A customer of ours has a bonafide mail list of about 35000 customers (Golf Resort) and they have been sending mails through Exchange for some time. We now want to be able to allow them to send mail to this list using our SBS 2003 Exchange Server. I remember seeing an article a while ago describing just that. Did a search but did not get the article (it was an SBS article). Can anyone help with this issue? Dan This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0083_01CADC84.C69CA970 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Co...

Can I print report and then delete at the same time?
I want to print the info from a sub report and have the info deleted at the same time OK. I'll bite on this troll bait ... Why? Rob Norm wrote: > I want to print the info from a sub report and have the info deleted > at the same time Define "deleted"... -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offer...

delete design on one slide only
I want to keep my slide design for all the other slides but in my presentation I want one slide that has no background design, how can I doo this with PowerPoint 2003? Can you have blank template on one slide, and the rest have a design? Hi Nancy Select the slide then Format -> Background -> tick 'Omit background graphics' -> Apply. You can also change the background colour in that dialogue box too if you want. Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsof...

Open Entourage : and everything is deleted

can dbx files be deleted safely
trying free up some space can i safely delete all dbx files ..DBX files are used by Outlook Express. If you're absolutely sure you don't need any of your old OE information (mail and news), you can probably delete those files. You might want to send them to the Recycle Bin for a few days first to make sure you don't need them before you permanently delete them. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:74d401c3eb38$df443130$7d02280a@phx.gbl, ...

How do I Delete Old Email Attachments?
I use Outlook 2002. When I receive an email with an attachment, the attachment remains in a file named "OLK35" even after the email has been permanently deleted. OKL 35 is located in my temporary internet files. I can not find a way to delete these files. Using Symantec Cleansweep or Windows features to delete temporary internet files does not delete these old attachments. Any suggestions on how to clean out this file would be appreciated. George Hanthorn <george.hanthorn@verizon.net> wrote: > I use Outlook 2002. When I receive an email with an > attachmen...

Bold deletion
Hi, I run a macro which checks if specific cells' font is bold. If it isn't, then the whole row gets deleted. The lines in question read: For k = howm To 2 Step -1 '(howm = ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Row ) If Cells(k, 12).Font.Bold = False Then Rows(k).Delete End If Next Macro works fine. But it operates on large number of workbooks, and a large portion of these workbooks frequently have nothing whatsoever in bold (ie., everything, except header, gets deleted). My question: is it possible to formulate a condition whereby the macro: - first chec...

how to programmatically press a Button in MFC
I have an MFC application that has a dialog that contains a set of buttons and CPropertyPages, which also contain buttons. For some reason, the buttons on the main dialog will "press" when you press the carriage return, but the buttons on the CPropertyPages will not. These CPropertyPages' buttons will react to a SpaceBar press, though. Anyway, I am trying to get the buttons on the CPropertyPages to actually visually press and depress when you press the carriage return on them. I have tried using PreTranslateMessage() to catch the carriage return, and I can do that, but the bu...

how to replace the "new" and "delete" operator funtion define in mfc.
I am trying to overload the global new and delelte operator function in order to use my own memory allocation mechanism.Every time i do it smoothly until i get to a MFC project. The problem is that there are already a set of new and delete operator function defined in afxmem.cpp of MFC. While i'm trying to replace them with my own,the new operator call the MFC's operator new function and call my operator delete function.This is a surelost. How can i replace them completely? Booker, Best regards. It is strongly recommended that you do not overload operator new/delete....

Do not allow two users in the same A/R cash receipt batch
1) Go to Transactions/Sales/Cash Receipts. Enter a cash receipt for a customer and save it to a batch. 2) Exit the batch and log back into it as though you are going to edit the information. 3) Go into the same cash receipt batch as a second user. Notice that you are not stopped from doing this even though another user is currently editing the batch. EXPECTED RESULTS: The second user would not be allowed into the cash receipt batch while the first user is editing the batch. ACTUAL RESULTS: The second user can enter the same cash receipt batch as the first user. This opens up the...

Allow duplicate "NA"'s but no other dupes?
Hello! D24 through D26 contain FYs for a school. If the school duration goes into the next FY, you pick that from the dropdown. If it continues into a 3rd FY, you pick that. There is also an "NA" So for most short schools, D24 = "2010", D25="NA", and D26 ="NA" Longer schools will have D24 = "2010", D25="2011", and D26 ="NA", etc. For error-checking, two "2010"s would be bad and redundant. So I pop up a messagebox for that. But it is also counting two "NA"s as bad when that is OK. So, it sho...

Grid Show/Hide buttons
Hi, We're using Dynamics v6.00g29 (I know, I know!). Various screens have grids with extra detail that can be shown or hidden be clicking the appropriate box in the top-right of the grid. Our users claim that the grid on the Apply Sales Documents window (Transactions, Sales, Apply) used to default to hidden when opened, but at some point changed so that it now opens with the grid showing everything. Is there a setting somewhere that lets me set the default? I have asked this question of our MS Gold certified support partners, who said it would have to be achieved with VBA. However...

User still recieves notifications from deleted projects
How can we stop notifications from deleted projects? No takers? Users are being notified that they have work starting soon. Sadly, the projects referred to have been deleted. "ProjectAnalyst" wrote: > How can we stop notifications from deleted projects? This usually indicates that you have orphaned assignment records in the database. You can locate and destroy these using SQL queries, but I don't have these handy to provide to you. -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://ww...

Toolbar buttons do not function
Inbox view toolbar does not appear when outlook started, comes back if I minimise and expand window. Functionality of the buttons (send, print etc) lost until I shut down and restart. Will eventually send messages unless I have an attachment when they just sit in the outbox. Running XP Professional Windows and have just installed McAfee Internet Security Suite, anyone know of a patch or something to help. Have tried re-installation from scratch after formatting drive and it does not help? ...

only seven arguements allowed
i am a novice user of excell 2000 but have a specific requirement i need to create a formulae to produce a postage cost defined by 16 different weight catagories i have included my attempt but receive an error message and help tells me i can only include seven arguements,when i only use the first seven it works fine,is there anyway around this. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (IF(D2<=60,"28",IF(D2<=100,"42",IF(D2<=150,"60",IF (D2<=200,"75",IF(D2<=250,"88",IF(D2<=300,"101",IF (D2<350,"115&...

Auto Accept 2003- Delete Cancelled Meetings?
Is there a way to get autoaccept 2003 to actually delete cancelled meetings from the resource calendar instead of mark them as "deleted" but still leave them in the calendar, occupying free/busy. This is highly annoying! ...