Default Save As directory

In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My
Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to a
different directory on another drive?
Jeff

--
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Richard Feynman

0
Jeff

"C:/My Documents" is not a default win folder, did you create it, or
redirect the default My Documents folder?

The answere to your Q may depend on the individual Programs, which in their
settings may allow you to specify a default location.

"Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message

> In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My
> Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to
> a different directory on another drive?
> Jeff
>
> --
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
> stupidity"
> Richard Feynman
> Nobel Prize Physicist

0
DL
11/15/2009 5:01:00 PM
http://xperiencexp.blogspot.com/2005/06/how-to-change-default-save-in-location.html

"Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message

> In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My
> Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to
> a different directory on another drive?
> Jeff
>
> --
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
> stupidity"
> Richard Feynman
> Nobel Prize Physicist

0
Bob
11/15/2009 5:04:48 PM
On Nov 15, 11:45=A0am, "Jeff Stanton" <jstan...@hughes.net> wrote:
> In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My
> Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults t=
o a
> different directory on another drive?
> Jeff
>
> --
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidit=
y"
> Richard Feynman
> Nobel Prize Physicist

There must be.  My My Documents is empty.

Which program would you like to adjust?
0
Jose
11/15/2009 5:25:29 PM
Jeff,

Depends on which program you are talking about

Things like MS Office 2003 for example have options like TOOLS | OPTIONS |
FOLDER LOCATIONS

--
SPAMCOP User

"Jeff Stanton" <jstanton@hughes.net> wrote in message

> In all of the programs I use, the Save As command always point to C:/My
> Documents. Is it possible to change things so that the command defaults to
> a different directory on another drive?
> Jeff
>
> --
> "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by
> stupidity"
> Richard Feynman
> Nobel Prize Physicist

0
SPAMCOP

Public folder default action
When you drag messages between public folders, the default action is "copy". Is there a way I can make that default action "move" instead? ...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Saving web form fields in Access DB
Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form information is submitted via an email to an outlook mailbox. We would like to develop a macro that parses this outlook email content to a Microsoft Access Database. How would one go about this? uh pick up a copy of DreamWeaver and move to SQL Server "sunflower" <sunflower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07B4313C-73E7-4A7F-B65C-6778F72A02DF@microsoft.com... > Today, if a customer completes a web-based form for training, the form > information is submitted via an email to an ou...

Unable to open your default e-mail folders outlook 2003
I have searched a long time an answer to this and have found many others with similar problems. Brand new machine (happens on all new machines we've tested), Office 2003, trying to connect to an existing Exchange Server 2003, we get the following message: Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server computer with the current profile before you can synchronize your folders with your offline folder file. On another machine, with Outlook 2000, we it works fine. We created a new test user. Worked fine from machine with Outlook 2000, ...

Saving a chart as a picture file
Hi everyone. It is possible to save a chart as a picture (*.gif, *.jpg, etc.)? What I've been doing so far is saving the file as a web page, opening the page in internet explorer and then saving the chart as a picture file. However, when I do this the chart is not saved as a large file - this method is also too time consuming, since I am dealing with 70+ charts. Thanks for any help. Fred. I think he wants Walkenbach's chart tools: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Jon Peltier wrote: > Fred - > > You want VBA's Chart.Export method. Here's...

Default Colors
How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are created (i.e. the Color Palette)? Tools>Options>Color "Chart Fills" Modify>Custom Tools>Options>Color "Chart Lines" Modify>Custom Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:38:02 -0700, "S.Jonsson" <jonsson@printecsystems.de> wrote: >How do I chenge the default colors used when charts are >created (i.e. the Color Palette)? > ...

Gray status boxes -- saving, repagination, ""
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Today I started getting gray rectangular &quot;status boxes&quot; any time I pasted a word. The &quot;Edit&quot; in the Menu would flash every time I pasted a word (Command-v). Then the &quot;status box&quot; would have a horizontal line fill from left to right. <br><br>This new development also has the same type of box for indicating that Word is checking for smart quotes or repaginating a 100 page document. When the show codes option is turned on, the &quot;status box&qu...

Changing default browser
Hello, I'm wondering how to change the default browser so when I click on hyperlinks in Word, Excel, and OneNote they automatically open in Firefox. Is there a way to do this? Currently they all open in IE, which I have on my computer but don't prefer to use. Thanks very much! This would be a question for a Firefox forum, as Office settings have nothing to do with the default browser. However, since I have Firefox.... On the menu, choose: Tools Options Advanced Check "Always check to see if Firefox is the default browser on startup" Also click "...

"save" button not requerying as coded
Using Access 2007 I have a form (frmNewFamily) that is opened when a NotInList event is triggered from a subform in a different form (frmAttendance/sfrAttendee). I have a "Save" button on the frmNewFamily that will save the record, close the frmNewFamily and requery the combo boxes on sfrAttendee. I have it working just great, but I want to delete one of the combo boxes. But as soon as I comment out the requery line, the Save button stops functioning properly. It will save the record to the table, but not close the form or requery the combo box. The same thing...

change default fill color
I have been searching the net and the KB but can not find answer or solution to this problem. I want my excel cell auto fill color to default to light grey instead of yellow. Is this possible? And if so, how do I do it? Thanks for any help you can provide. Shawn You can create a new default template, with grey as the default fill colour: Create a new, blank workbook. Choose Tools>Options On the Colour tab, click on the yellow square Click Modify, select light grey that you want to use as the default, click OK To make yellow available, select the light grey square, and change it t...

Check if a form has changed since it was last saved
I am developing an application using an ms access front end and a visual foxpro 8 backend. The application uses adodb connections to add/ update/edit data in the back end database. When a user clicks the save button on main data capture form the user input is programmatically inserted into a new record or an existing record is updated by creating SQL INSERT INTO or UPDATE statements on the fly. I was wondering if anyone knew of an efficient way of coding a mechanism to check if the form had changed since the save button was last pressed. I guess this can be achieved by capturing the On Chan...

changing directory in which Outlook saves attachments
Hi! Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? If yes, how? Thanks for your attention, Andre Laarakker Hello Andre Laarakker, you wrote on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:43:16 +0200: > Is it possible to change the folder/directory in which Outlook 2002 > saves attachments and from which you get files to send as attachment? > If yes, how? I am not sure, if [1] works in Outlook 2002 too. If not, please do what in [2] is described. [1] http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;25273...

Save As #7
I am running Microsoft Excel 2003, however I've had the same problem since running Excel 2000. Whenever I go to save an excel spreadsheet for the first time, more than 3 directories down, I get the error: "The file cannot be accessed try the following:" followed by a list of options to try, none of which work. Is there a limitation on the length of the directory name recognized in Excel. I don't have this problem with any of my other Microsoft Office applications, solely Excel. Please HELP. P.S. I can move the file to the directory after saving it two or three ...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...

Asking to save for new entries thorugh SDK
I'm uploading some invoices through a program in c#, but when the user opens the invoice, it asks to save it. Once you do it, it doesn't ask again. I was looking at the record in the InvoiceBase table and looks like the record was not changed. The fields that I use in the invoice are: + name + description + customerid + ownerid and other custom fields. Any idea if any other field must be initialized. It happens the same with the invoice detail, for it I upload: +description + productdescription + actualdeliveryon + quantity + priceperunit (equals 0) + ispriceoverridden (equals 1...

MDA Creating Analysis Defaults
Does anyone have a suggestion on a faster or automated approach to creating Analysis defaults? I have over 2000 GL accounts that I need to assigned one or more Groups IDs to. Amanda, Here goes an idea: 1) Record a GP macro for the first analysis default. 2) Create a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet with the accounts you need to assign -- hint, you can export the accounts with SmartList to Excel 3) Use Microsoft Word to create a mail merge on the macro. Use the Excel spreadsheet as the source for your mail merge. 4) Edit the merged macro to extract special characters and what's not plac...

printing the saved date/time
is the a field code or something to print the save date in a footer i.e there is a field code for the current date in excel &[date], but i would like it to be the last date it was saved thanks in advance!!! You need VBA to do this If you copy this in the ThisWorkbook module it will print the Last Save Time in the RightFooter of every sheet you print Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets wkSht.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&8Last Saved : " & _ ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDoc...

How to create a default footer for all my spreadsheets?
Using Office XP - I work with Excel every day. I like to insert a footer containing the filename, date, and page #'s on each of my spreadsheets. Is there a way that I can create a default footer that will appear on each of my spreadsheets (especially new spreadsheets) without having to go into each spreadsheet individually like I'm doing now? Thanks for the response, but I don't have a Normal.xlt file. Before I posted my question here in this discussion group, I tried using Help in Excel. I tried following the instructions to "Save styles to use in new workbooks...

Export directory entry type mailboxes as type custom recipients (remote)
Hi, As a prelude to the final, way overdue, extinguishing Exchange 5.5, want I want to do is export from the GAL all the mailboxes in the other sites, but convert them in a single operation to type custom recipients (remote). At which point I will remove our x.400 connector, then import all of the custom recipients back into our own administrative group. I am aware that no further directory synchonization will occur. I am aware that there are solutions for sychronizing between active directories (MIIS, federations, LDAP address books, etc.), but I have no cooperation from any other responsi...

Exmerge creates default PST Files
I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:29:03 -0700, Petlab <Petlab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm running exmerge(ver. 6.5.7529.0). It shows all the mailboxes with the >proper size, but when I run exmerge, it creates the pst files to the default >size of 32K. Any suggestions of what i am doing wrong? In other words, empty? Check the exmerge.ini log for details why the...

Make outlook default mail client
How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using Outlook 2000 SR-1 Thanks, Brendan -- Disclaimer: Any comments made are personal and do not reflect the thoughts or policies of this company. Control Panel - Internet Options - Programs - pick Outlook. Brendan MAther wrote: > How do I make sure the Outlook is my default mail client? I'm using > Outlook 2000 SR-1 > > Thanks, > Brendan thankyou "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in message news:#D14B8OwDHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP...

Inserting default value in part of input mask
I have a DB where user enters CourseName and Then CourseNumber (Primary key and Unique).. I run a code to check and display a custom error message if the value in CourseNumber is duplicate. The CourseName are actually abbreviations like AFF or PSCRB, or MFA etc... CourseNumber contains three parts i.e. CourseSerialNumberInCurrentyear +CourseName+last2digitsofCurrentYrneeds for example 001AFF09 or 029MFA09 or 010MFA10.. because of different user using the db they enter the same course no. in different formats like 001AFF09 or 001AFF2009 or 001/AFF/09 or AFF/ 001/09 and so many w...

Default Printer-Wrong Printer
Is there a way to change the printer automatically on a per application basis. Our default printer is a HP LJ 6, However 2 users also need to have access to another printer (check printer). When they are in Great Plains they will only be printing to check printer. They keep forgetting to change it from file/print and printing on the wrong printer. Also I do not need to change the default printer(hplj6) this most stay as is. Is there a regkey i can invoke or script to launch when they start GreatPlains they will change the printer to checkprinter. Now when ever they reboot and sta...

Directory Structure starting with the Current Directory ..
Hi, Could someone Pls tell me how do i do this: In my macro the user gets to select the file to open: ExcelFile1 = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel- files,*.xls", _ 1, "Select Input File To Open", , False) My requirement is the Windows explorer should show the directory structure starting with the Current Directory rather than showing the directory structure Starting with desktop or some other. Thanks in Advance for any help. Neeraja. ...

Size of Drive for SMTP Bad Mail and Queue Directory
I am moving my Badmail and Queue directory to their own drive and I am trying to determine the size of the drive required. What is the formula to determine the size - I have less than 10,000 messages per day - and/or, if I configure a 10 GB drive, will that suffice? Thanks - Rory There shouldn't be anything in the badmail anyway. Only a few messages from 2003 SP1 and none thereafter. As for the queues, it depends on the size of your Internet connection to get the mails shifted and where the high utilization profile is. 10GB should be many, many times more than you need. Regards. ...