Date and Time ??

I had a question working about date and time it had 11 or 12 posts and now
it's gone.

Any Idea what happened to it?

Sorry I found it.

"Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a question working about date and time it had 11 or 12 posts and
>now
> it's gone.
>
> Any Idea what happened to it?

This one?
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/browse_thread/thread/400aac980b860a16/50a48a678ea50501?hl=en&q=Duane%40discussions.microsoft.com

Still on the news servers. Perhaps the Web interface is screwed up again.
Two months and it will be history anyway.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

0
Bruce

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...

sorting dates in Excel 97
Running a worksheet that lists all medical expenses and am not able to always insert date, expense, who to, in correct sequence. Some postings just come in on time. Is there a sort formula that will allow me to sort these entries in sequence? Will the sorting move up the entire row that lists date, amount, payable to, etc. also? Thank you, Steve T. I wouldn't use any formulas for this. I'd select the range (all the columns in that range, plus the last row of headers, plus all the data) and do Data|Sort If you include all the columns that should move with the sort, you'll ...

Publisher 2007: How do I change dates on calendar page in newslet
I'm creating a newsletter. I added a calendar page. In previous versions of Publisher, I was able to get to Calendar Options to change the month. In Publisher 2007 when I insert a calendar page into a newsletter, I can no longer access the Calendar Options task pane. Please describe how to change the dates. The calendar wizard is broken. Hopefully it will be fixed in a future service pack. Meanwhile you will have to manually change the calendar dates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Stephanie" &...

dates in excel #2
hi all need help with the date function this is the situation i use excel daily to create a report. as this report is printed out i just save changes made. except at the weekend when i also make backups so that my boss can send the report by email on monday mornings. in the report we use the NOW function to display the date. when we used to open the backups the date never used to change ie if saturdays backup was opened on monday morning it used to still display saturdays date. now for some reason the date is automatically updating. anybody know how to prevent this happening You probabl...

How to convert US date format to European
My computer is set up to use the European style dates (ddmmyyyy), not the USA-style dates (mmddyyyy format). So if I enter "01/06/05" I get a date of 01-June-2005. However when I download some information in CSV format at times that same date is formatted like this: "06/01/05". However this is interpreted as 06-January-2005 in the spreadsheet. How can I convert the US formatted values to European, in effect swapping the first two numbers? Thanks T Meisner -- 1025 Osborne Rd., New Germany, NS, Canada B0R 1E0 Rename the .csv file to .txt File|open that .txt file...

Date format of 0 and if statements
I have an is statment as such: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,,'Raw Data'!A5) This issue I have is when I format fields as "date" and the reference cell = 0 excel formates the cell as 01/00/00. I have also used the formula: =IF('Raw Data'!A5=0,"",'Raw Data'!A5) The issue I have is I want to create graphs of this data in a dynamic fashion, but when the data range of the graph encounters either "" or 1/00/00 as a date, it plots it as a data point. I need a way to make my IF statment to produce a BLANK or EMPTY cell. Is there a key word in...

2 Formatting Questions
Date Fields: Can we, in the CRM forms, format dates to read into the “15 Aug 2005” format? This is possible in reports, but by default, the forms use only numbers for dates, but in any format. Currency: Any ideas of how to track multiple currencies in the same application - specifically USD and Canadian? I know a Microsoft CRM installation currently supports one language. But aside from using a picklist to specify "USD", "CAN", "MEX", or other I'm concerned about how their forecasting. -- Carroll Little Vis.align, LLC 610-692-3290 x3326 www.visalign.c...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

VBA date question
Why isn't this working? I have a form which has a text box for an attribute of type DATE. This attribute, foo, is normally null when the form is loaded. I tried setting the default value for the text box to "Date()" but it doesn't show up (i'm thinking it's because I'm actually running a join query to generate the record for the form so the form never gets the opportunity to display the default value for foo since it thinks it's supposed to be null, the result from the query) So I added some code like this: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) If (I...

Convert Time
Hello, In one cell I have the time showing (2:45:59 PM). In another cell I would like to input a formula that will convert the time into a text cell showing military time. Thanks in advance for the help. Depends on what you call "military time" Anyway, in the new cell, insert the formula: =A1 assuming that the original time is in A1 Then format custom as hh:mm:ss or hhmmss -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A87A835-1AEE-4276-85DD-59C7152DBB91@microsoft....

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

linking a date colmn with outlook calender
I am using a financial sheet, on which loan is given to customer(s) fo 6 months (180 days), when the 6 months competted, some time fogot/,miss to collect the loan back from customer(s). So, i want t import the same sheet to outlook calender so it automatically inform m on exact date (after completing 6 months). Can some one help me to sort out. Shakil Ahma -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Seems preety complicated. Else plot the due dates in excel and conditionally format the cells t be highlighted in case date is the present day i.e today -- Message posted from http://ww...

Change Directory Creation/Modification Date/Time programatically
Hi, Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification date/time through C++/MFC code? Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Thanks in advance. Vignesh. In article <98EDAE87-3F31-4F06-AE8C-378CF91A6F3A@microsoft.com>, Vignesh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification > date/time through C++/MFC code? SetFileTime. > Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Yes. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. "Je...

Time formula
I'm trying to find a fomula that inserts the time on column b when I enter a text on column a.... ...

Time series #2
I have several tabs for different dates with data in it. Colomn contains the time in format 13:30:30. For my project, I require to know the number of data points in variou time series, pls see below. 7:30:00 8:30:00 8:30:00 9:30:00 9:30:00 10:30:00 10:30:00 11:30:00 11:30:00 12:30:00 12:30:00 13:30:00 13:30:00 14:30:00 14:30:00 15:30:00 15:30:00 16:00:00 I tried countif and if function but could not come up with the results PLS HELP. If I have to do it manually then I am dead..... -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's ...

Convert to time
How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. Can this be done? Floyd Forbes Wrote: > How would I go about converting 8.00 to 8:00:00 AM in excel. > Can this be done? Hi Floyd If A1 contains 8.00 format A2 to Time, then input =(A1/24)+A1 oldchippy : -- oldchipp ----------------------------------------------------------------------- oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1990 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57380 Divide by 24 and format as time. =a1/24 (8.50 will convert to 8:30 ...

How to validate User ID creation date in Windows XP
Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows XP/2003? m_bk wrote: > Is there a way to validate the creation date of local User IDs in Windows > XP/2003? You could query the Security Log but you will only get the information if the log was setup to record events 624 and providing that the log wasn't purged or overwritten: cscript c:\windows\system32\eventquery.vbs /L security /FI "id eq 624" Other than that verifying the creation date on the user's profile folder is the only way that I know of to get the information. ...

Date and Auto Fill
I'm trying to auto fill a column with dates. Everytime I I use the auto fill command it changes the year rather than the day. I do have "day" selected in the fill series command. What am I doing wrong?? Sounds as though you're talking about Excel, not Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional, and the focus of this particular newsgroup. You'd be better off reposting to a newsgroup related to Excel. When you repost, it would probably help the responder to know what version of Excel you're using, and possibly the operating system on ...

Entourage Reminders showing dates for next month overdue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events as overdue, but upon looking closer find the date showing as next months events. Why are late December dates showing as overdue in November. The are events that occur monthly and are set up to remind 2 to 3 days in advance. On Nov 26, 5:24=A0pm, tankmas...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power = PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events= a...

Convert a number to a time
I have the following number 232.5 which is 232 hours and 0.5 of an hour. I want to convert this to 232 hours and 30 minutes or 232:30. How can i do this? I know i need to multiply the decimal by 60, but how can i perform a calculation on just the decimal part of a number and not the whole number? Depending what you wish to do excel stores times as well as dates as numbers, with 1 being a full day. An option is to divide everything by 24 and use a custom format of dd hh:mm although this will express the hours as days and hours It depends what you want to do really -- Dav --------------...

Dates
Hi All ... I'm a newbeee using vb2008 express, vs2008, & sql 2008 express. I have created a column in my sql table with the DATE data type as I only want to store/display the date portion in my winform control field which works fine on a but on a report I also get the default time (12:00:00 AM) displayed. How do I truncate or format this to only display the date portion on the report ? Thanks Paul J. Hi, > How do I truncate or format this to only display the date portion on the > report ? The report is done using ? Programmatically you would call ...

copy/paste into excel changes numbers into date format
I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into excel. Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) Excel (2003) always converts this number to date format no matter what I format the cells as. I have been unsuccesful in converting back to the same format. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks Hi try formating the cell s as 'Text' before pasting the values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rufus wrote: > I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into > excel. > > Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) &...

Formatting a text box for date entry only
Is there a way to format a text box on a user form to only allow date entries ie: mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy? Not really, but you can ensure it is a date, like so Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim fValid As Boolean fValid = False On Error GoTo ws_exit Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then With Target If IsNumeric(.Value) Then If IsDate(.Value) Then If Year(.Value) >= 1970 And Year(.Value) <= 2999 Then ...

same entry for second time
Hello i am new in the area and i try to write some lines but i need your help i work with 2003 version now , i have made a db , the part are : 1 table with 5 columns id,barcodes,pieces,weight,colour 1 same but with no data 1 qry of choose and 1 frm with composite barcode and pieces,weight,colour (the only variable is the pieces) wich i have connect the 4 columns with code lets say what i write a barcode when a write for 2 time the same bc i want to add the number of pieces this time to the previos entry Please i want the code pls help me friends the code i use is: Private Sub BARCODE_...

counting the number of times shown
I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id that is shown, suggestions? ex: ID This is what I am hoping to get to show up in the next column 55 1 55 2 37 1 46 1 62 1 55 3 89 1 82 1 Hi With ID in column A, insert this formula in B2 and copy it down as required: =COUNTIF($A$2:A2,A2) Regards, Per "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:14D13B5C-FEE8-4489-B91E-AC65F2ABB090@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out a way to put a numerical value next to the id > th...