Create new admin account and copy settings

Dear all,

I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy all
the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account.

How to do it?
Thanks

Kent

0
Kent

Kent wrote:
> I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy
> all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account.
>
> How to do it?

Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:

 Search using Google!
 http://www.google.com/
 (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )

Example:
http://www.google.com/search?q="Windows+XP"+create+account+copy+settings

Copy User Profiles in Windows XP
http://www.petri.co.il/copy_user_profiles_in_windows_xp.htm

Create a Duplicate User Profile with a Different Name
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows
XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
( Ignore the stuff about 'corrupt'... ;-)  You ae likely in a workgroup
situation. )

Come back, reply as to whether this helped!

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
12/28/2009 2:37:22 AM
I got it SHenan, thanks

Kent

"Shenan Stanley" <newshelper@gmail.com> ���g��l��s�D:%23ubm4a2hKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Kent wrote:
>> I want to create another admin log in account for my Windows XP and copy
>> all the settings, including those things on desktop to the new account.
>>
>> How to do it?
>
> Now is a great time to point you to one of the easiest ways to find
> information on problems you may be having and solutions others have found:
>
> Search using Google!
> http://www.google.com/
> (How-to: http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html )
>
> Example:
> http://www.google.com/search?q="Windows+XP"+create+account+copy+settings
>
> Copy User Profiles in Windows XP
> http://www.petri.co.il/copy_user_profiles_in_windows_xp.htm
>
> Create a Duplicate User Profile with a Different Name
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/dupprofile.htm
>
> How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile in Windows
> XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151
> ( Ignore the stuff about 'corrupt'... ;-)  You ae likely in a workgroup
> situation. )
>
> Come back, reply as to whether this helped!
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>     MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Kent

Sending from a different Email account
Hi, I am new to WLM, and have set up my accounts as directed. I have four email addresses, which are set up and reeiving mail. My problem is sending mail. I don't want my outgoing mail to display my windows live address, I want to pick which address it is sending from. In the help section it tells me to just click on the FROM tab and choose an accounjt. Problem.... NO FROM tab! Someone help please! I am losing my mind... am I missing it somewhere, or is something set up wrong? Is this a POP3 account? Do you see the To field where you enter addresses? To the right of that, ...

DO NOT add any custom value to the Account PreferredContactMethod drop down.
Do not add any custom values to the Account PreferredContactMethod dropdown. If you do, the publish will fail with "object reference not set" in the Event Viewer. The FormXml and FieldXml in OrganizationUIBase will be well-formed but invalid for Crm. If you go back to customize the form you will be unable to edit the dropdown. You will get a Javascript error when you try to. To revert to the version before the change. Delete OrganizationUIBase where objecttypecode=1 and version=(select max(version) from OrganizationUIBase where objecttypecode=1) and re publish. The problem does n...

Account List doesnt't apear
I recently upgrade to 2007 when my old version stopped being supported and I have found one really annoying quirk. When I go to Account list, none of the account names show up. I have to resize a column(any onewill do) before they show up. Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can fix it? I even tried reinstalling and it still does it. Also I don't use online updates, is ther a way to get rid of the columns used for this? They are just annoying if you don't use it, and I didn't see anythign in the options area Thanks -- Dan I had a similar problem once. E...

outlook express
Can anyone help? I am using Outlook Express and would like to transfer some email folders and emails to a CD. The directions in help tell me to compact the folder and then copy it to a CD. I have compacted it but for the life of me cannot figure out how to copy it to the CD. Can anyone help? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fa6901c43e76$b57938a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone help? I am using Outlook Express and would > like to transfer some email folders and emails to a CD. > The directions in help tell me to compact the folder and > t...

mailbox unable to create for a user in exchange 2003
Hi, I am facing a problem with exchange mail box creation for a user in our company. Actually, we have a datacenter with PDC (like PDC.abc.com) and Additional Domain Controller (like EXG.abc.com) with Enterprise exchange server 2003 installed in it. And I was installed a child domain (TEST0.test.abc.com) with windows 2003 server standard edition, exchange server 2003. Installation was successful and I didn’t get any error messages in installation log file. And replication is happening properly from child domain to PDC and child domain ADC and vise versa. Now, I am trying to create a user in c...

Project Server 2002 new install
I am working on a new install of Project Server 2002 on a clean Windows 2003 system. STS and Svr are on one system and SQL 200 is on another. STS seems to have installed fine and the database also. The Svr also seems to have installed fine along with it's database. I have run the COM+ utility successfully and also theProxycnf with the fake proxy option. However, when I try to first logon PWA using administrator it shows that it is logging on and then errors with the default HTTP 500 - Internal server error message. Thanks, Jim ...

Deactivate Account while checking mail
In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new mail with Send/Receive All. How does one do that in OL2003? I have several mail accounts, a couple of which I would like to temporarily deactivate when getting new mail. How do I do that? On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:11:25 -0700, "Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote: >In older versions of OL, I remember there used to be a checkbox for >including (or not including) a particular mail account when checking for new >...

How to automatically create network diagram in Visio 2007
Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to automatically create network diagrams. Fluke no longer sells lan Mapshot. Does Visio 2007 have any similar feature to automatically diagram my network for me? (To help with diagnostics and design?) there was a follow version of the resource kit that had the LanSurveyor product in it. The company was called neon but has changed it's name. The product is still out there. Al "k41184" wrote: > Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to > automatically create network diagrams....

Two email accounts
I have set up two email accounts on outlook on two different servers. My primary server (the one i've been using) works fine, but the second one keeps prompting me for my user name and password. I've validated it and it just keeps popping up. it won't send my emails from this server but i have received some. i've verified all the fill-in information with both servers / providers. is this a problem with two accounts on outlook as suggested by some of my contacts? thanks for any help ...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

How do I create a small box I can place a check mark in?
I can copy and paste a large box that I can click and the the pointing finger comes up and places a check mark in it, but it's too big, how can I create a smaller box that I can do the same thing to? Right click on the box, select "Format Control", and use the Size tab to alter the dimensions. Have you tried the checkbox form in the Forms toolbar? View --> Toolbars --> Forms Click the checkbox form and click, drag to size, and release it in th worksheet where you need it. You can resize the text handle down t near nothing and delete the text in it, too. Is this sm...

Question from new user about transfer
I have Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. Can someone please explain to me How do I handle the following case. My friend needs money so I transfer Amt X from my account to his. Then when he is ready to pay me back he transfers the Amt X to my account. What categories should I use so that these dont show up as expense or Income. Do I need to create a cash account or something? Thks There are many ways. You could create a Loan Account if you expect regular payments. You'd have to fake out the Transfer into the loan, but there are ways. You could use some expense category and then a negativ...

Excel 2003 New Window
We had a user go to the Excel Window Menu and choose New Window. This no problem working in when I explained the situation to her, but now when we close and reopen the spreadsheet, both windows still open. How can we get only the original workbook window to open and not two? We use a DM5 a document management program. I already checked and it was not saved as a Workspace. Any help is greatly appreciated. Close one of the windows. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540d01c4c67e$507af1b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... | We had ...

File Sharing Timeout Setting?
It appears that remote file reads on successive machines work okay if no files have been read recently, but start failing (requiring waiting and retrying) if there's been recent activity. XP Home (so there's a 5 file open limit, or something like that). Everything behaves as if the connection stays up longer the more recently you've accessed a particular machine, thus worsening the problem. Is there a "disconnect quickly" parameter somewhere that I can set to a short time, rather than its being adaptive as it appears to be? -- rhhardin@mindspring.com...

Setting up sales stages
Hello, Thanks in advance for any help. When I create a sales stages in work flow, the stages are only able to be changed via 'apply rule' in an opportunity. The 'change sales' feature only shows the current stage the opportunity in the drop down. None of the other stages appear. What am I doing wrong? Firstly, it sounds like the sales process you have built is a manual process - you need to go back to your process configuration and set this to automatic. Second what actions have you inserted after each sales stage that when complete will move the sales process to ...

Help creating a Cloned Sales Order in 1.2

What is the administrator password? What if I've never set it?
I have heard of the "administrator password" for a super-administrator. But I have never "set" the "administrator password" or "super admin password". I do, however, have a user account with admin privileges that I set a password to. Is that the same thing? Does my creating a user account with admin privileges and password make the password for the super-admin the same, or will the vista admin password still remain blank? I'm wondering if this is the case, if a hacker tried to break into my system to grab files, if I never set th...

Analytical Accounting in Frx
I have an FrX report using Analytical Accounting Codes. An intercompany entry was entered into 2008 after 2008 was closed in GP. For some reason, this transaction is only showing up for the destination company in FrX reporting. The transaction from the Originating company doesn't appear to exist when doing analytical reporting, but is fine when doing a normal non analytical accounting report. Does anyone know what might cause this and what the best fix is? L ...

Outlook Address Book Sort Order Setting?
For my users, I have written some VB code that makes their default contacts folder appear as an Outlook address book. However--the sort order for the names in those address books appears in FName LName order and we'd like to have their names appear in LName, FName order. I found a registry key "NameParserStyle" in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Contact that I thought controlled the sort order but it does not seem to work reliably. Any suggestions for how we might set the sort order on a global basis? Thanks much! ...

Printing multiple copy reports in Access 2003
I have a custom Access application that handles my companie's Inventory and Invoicing. We are in the process of converting the Invoice report from a dot matrix to a laser printer. This invoice also is used as a delivery ticket which is signed by the customer requiring the laser invoice form to be carbonless. I found a 5 part carbonless laser form that works great and I have been able to use code to print the 5 copies and non-coallated using the PRINTOUT method. I am trying to go with a completely blank invoice form. I have ran into an issue with trying to print on the bottom of the ...

Can't install CRM 1.2 Due to "unable to create crm Database"
We have installed CRM 1.2 on our Windows 2003 server. But then we had to uninstall it. Now when we try to re-install the Microsoft CRM 1.2 we get teh following error: Setup was unable to install CRM Server Setup was unable to create the Microsoft CRM databases. Failed to run script:00 - create mscrm.sql. H:RESULT:80040E14 Unknown error. (80040E14) Does anyone know what this error means? David, Is there existing databases? Try removing them and try again. Stephen "David Soo" <David Soo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2977D8D1-DFCB-473B-B17A-0FA3C2C8671D...

Add new entity to lookup field for Contact's Parent
When tracking a contact in Outlook to CRM, when you set the Parent, the lookup window has Accounts and Contacts for selection. My customer has a new Vendor entity. Some of his contacts are associated with a Vendor and not an Account. Is there a way to add the Vendor entity to this lookup window? Thanks, -Rick No. The reason is that a customer field is a wrapper for two database fields (an accountid and a contactid). This is hard-coded and it's not possible to change that behavior. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www....

Disable copy
Hi, Any way that we can disable copy from the code? We are using Office 2000 and Windows 2000 Professional. Note: I had posted this question earlier, but didnt seem to get a solution. Thought i should post it once more, just in case... I apologize to users who are reading it again. Appreciate any solution. Regards, Giri Disabling Cut is even more important than Copy, in my opinion, but both are necessary to protect your app. When you go this route you have to disable the menu items for copy/cut and the shortcut keys. Also drag and drop (and therefore the Options dialog where the u...

I want to set up my email msn email on outlook what do I do at th.
housefinder1 <housefinder1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Ask in the body of the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

Copying linked sheet
Worksheet 1 has each cell linked from various cells in another workbook. I want to copy and link the whole of worksheet 1 into worksheet 2. When I try to, (Paste special, Paste link), all the cells have 0 in them, instead of the data. It may be because when I open spreadsheet 1, it says there is a circular reference. We've worked out that the original worksheet was linked in the same workbook and was then copied, but trying to copy 'from the copy' caused the problem. But when we now try to copy and link from the original, we lose the formatting, even though we tick ...