create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive?

I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy
drive?

Thanks for any help.

0
Bob

"Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message
> I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no
> floppy drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.

What do you need a floppy for? The XP CD is bootable in it's own right...

0
Gordon
11/19/2009 4:38:20 PM

"Bob Tyrka" wrote:

> I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy
> drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>

> .

The type of boot disk you make depends on what you are trying to do. What is
it that you need a boot disk for?

If you don't have a floppy drive, there is no point in making a bootable
floppy disk unless you plan on putting a floppy drive in your computer or
using a USB floppy drive.
Bob Tyrka wrote:

> I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy
> drive?

The Windows CDs are bootable.  So boot using the CD.  If your host won't
boot from the CD then you need to go into your BIOS and make sure the
boot drive sequence is configured to check the CD *before* it check the
hard disks.
0
VanguardLH
11/19/2009 5:31:20 PM
you probably need to got into
the bios settings and change
the boot drive from the hard
disk to the cd drive.

then when the computer boots
it will first search the cd drive
for the bootable media, like your
xp cd.

--
db���`�...�><)))�>
DatabaseBen, Retired Professional

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message
> I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no
> floppy drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
db
11/19/2009 8:20:51 PM
This works perfectly:

Virtual Floppy Drive  140 KB  (Freeware)
Web: http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd.html
Download: http://chitchat.at.infoseek.co.jp/vmware/vfd21-080206.zip

This is a virtual floppy drive for Windows NT/2000/XP
(Reported to work also on 2003 Server and Vista).
Note !!! This version works only on 32 bit systems !!!
See technical info on 64 bit compilation.

You can mount a floppy image file as a virtual floppy drive
and directly access the contents -- view, edit, rename,
delete or create files on a virtual floppy, format a virtual
floppy, launch a program on a virtual floppy... almost
anything you can do with a real floppy.

ju.c

"Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message news:PPedndBCv5CT7ZjWnZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d@cavtel.net...
> I have the XP Upgrade CD.  How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy
> drive?
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
ju

How do I import a pst created in outlook 2003 into entourage?
Hello, i just switched over to a MAC and was wondering if/how can I import a PST from Outllok 2003 into Entourage. Any assistance provided is truly appreciated. Smitty <Smitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i just switched over to a MAC and was wondering if/how can I import a > PST from Outllok 2003 into Entourage. Any assistance provided is truly > appreciated. See if somethig here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/index.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Error when trying to Create Purchase Order based on re-order information
When I try to create a new purchase order based on re-order information the status says Identifying items to be ordered, then an error pops up saying Run-time error '3251': Object or provider is not capable of performing requested operations. Store Operations Manager then closes. Can someone help me figure this out as I can't really place orders until I get this figured out. check this KB article: 0 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910710 -- Ahmed Nashat http://ahmed.nashat.googlepages.com <tfittsy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:47342429-dfa8-4fc3-99df-6f31085f33dc...

creating a formula.
Hi folks, I am trying to create a formula that will: if a1:a4= to either values 1,2,4 and 12 where value #1 is "Annua Leave" value 2 is "Sick Leave", value 4 is " Comp. Time", value 12 i "Leave Without Pay" respectively then the answer should be inputted i columns b1:b4 respectively. Can anyone help me create this formula ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm not sure I understand your question, but here's a ...

Urgent!Need help with creating a Christmas PowerPoint slideshow
I'm creating a Christmas PowerPoint slide show of my family,can someone tell me where I can download free Christmas templates for my presentation? And I want to put this PowerPoint slideshow on Youtube to share with all my relatives and friends. I tried to upload an.PPT file to Youtube but failed, any idea? Thanks Dwight, There are some templates on office online: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=CHRISTMAS&sc=4&av=ZPP -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Dwight" <Dwight@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht new...

Creating Templates, Need Advice
What is the best way to setup a template? I am building a PPT file and want to preserve test look and feel and custom animations as well as image custom animations, background and other miscellaneous graphic/page layout lements. In brief I want to let people insert their own text and images but preserve the properties of the text or image box. Dont think slide master is the answer, perhaps there is another way? Thanks for reading and offering advice, bmgid What version of PPT are you working with? -- Troy @ TLC MS PowerPoint MVP Check out www.ThePowerPointBlog.com ...

Creating a chart.
The code below creates a chart and places it on the Excel spreadsheet. I can;t seem to find a couple of things how can I control what is displayed on the x and y axis? and how can I control how wide or how many points are displayed. oChart = oWS.Parent.Charts.Add With oChart .ChartWizard(_ReadingArrayList3, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) '.ChartWizard(oResizeRange, Excel.XlChartType.xlLine, , Excel.XlRowCol.xlRows) oSeries = .SeriesCollection(1) '' oSeries.XValues = oWS.Range("A2", "A6&quo...

Help with creating invoice in other currency
I am looking to set up multi-currency invoicing so that I can create an invoice in Great Plains 7.50g3 in a currency (British Pounds) other than the functional currency (US Dollars). I believe I have multi-currency access set up properly, have currencies and exchange rates set up, have accounts set up to receive postings in multiple currencies, and the customer set up with a default currency of British Pounds. However, when I create an invoice, all the financial values are in US Dollars, and the Currency ID field is disabled. What is causing the Currency ID field to remain disabled? Th...

i need to create an invoice that will flag up when not paid
i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within a certain time, any ideas Not sure what you mean by "flag up" but if you have a cell with the invoice date and you want another cell to tell you if it's overdue you can use the following assume cell A1 has invoice date "certain time"=2 weeks(14 days) in my example =IF(TODAY()-A1>14, "OVERDUE","") If this is not what you were looking for, please clarify your question. - Search "bgc1416" wrote: > i want an invoice that will flag up when customer not paid within...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

Convert to Opportunity: opportunities get created although unticke
Hi, I have a problem that can be replicated in the following way: 1) Create a Phone Call and Save 2) Click 'Convert to Opportunity' 3) Untick 'Open the new Opportunity' 4) Click OK The new opportunity is generated anyway and I only really wanted to create a campaign response. This looks to me like a bug. I would be grateful for any help. Cheers, Marcin ...

Importing From Excel
In Excel, any cell can contain any data, and the data may or may not be formatted in a particular way. In Access, by contrast, every field has a fixed data type and can only contain a value of that type ( double, text, etc.). When Access imports from Excel to a new table, it guesses the field types to use by examining the data in the first few rows of the Excel table - and often gets it wrong. This can cause Access to bomb out during the import. The "Fix" for this - according to another post, is to massage the data in the import. That is riciculous. Does anyone have a way to fix...

Creating a CDialog derived class for a Dialog??
I am trying to convert a project from Win32 to MFC. I created a new dialog resource, but when I try to do the right-click add class thing from the dialog editor, it doesn't do anything. I am using VS.NET 2003 Pro. In the dialog that pops up to create the new class, I change it to derive from CDialog, it already has the ID for my dialogbox resource selected, and I enter a new class name, and it generates the .h and .cpp names. I click Finish and NOTHING happens. I try it again from the main menu, but this time it pops an error box saying "Object Required". I am stumpe...

HQ creating duplicate POs after 340
Sometimes - not every time, and not on command - I end up with duplicate POs in my Store Operations database after issuing a single WS340 from HQ. When I look at the worksheet history in HQ, is shows that it was processed successfully * twice * at the exact same time. UPDATE - problem solved. Somehow one of the 'manual connection only' office PCs got the 'manual connection only' unchecked. I'm going to post this anyways - just in case someone has a similar problem in the future. Tom ...

Quit creating duplicate desktop icons when doing upgrades/hotfix #2

copying floppy disk to CD
I need to know ASAP how to copy something on my disc to CD. -- Sally Palmer Assuming CD is writeable on the machine in question, should be just like any other disk-to-disk copy. Copy it from the source disk and paste it on the CD (or drag-and- drop makes a copy, too). CD max data capacity is about 600-650 MB - don't try to copy more than it'll hold. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know ASAP how to copy something on my disc to CD. >-- >Sally Palmer >. > ...

DPM 2010RC Adding Disks to DPM Manager
I have an 11TB Raid on my DPM server. It is GPT and formated NTFS. I can add the drive to DPM via DPM Managment, however it tells me it has 0KB of free space. Am I missing something simple here? It shouldn't be formatted, no drive letter either. You should see it in diskmgmt.msc, but not in My Computer for example. Then add to DPM pool, DPM will format it when it creates volumes for your different workloads or protection groups. Hope that helps, I seem to remember that some time ago. ------------------------------------------------------- "GeekEGuy" wrote: ...

How do I create a new attribute that adds 2 fields Y+Y=YY
How do I create a new attribute that adds the SUM of two other attributes. It's a simple Y+Y=YY equation.. Nothing fancy very simple! The attributes are both located on the saem Opp form. CRM doesn't support calculated fields in this manner. You either need to write JScript to do the math when 1 value changes or use a Pre-callout to do the calculation before the record is saved. The callout will fire when updated are done via the API's, where the JScript won't. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "ConSol IT" <ConSolIT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How to create a cutomized view in outlook
hi all , i would like to create a view in the INBOX let say for exampl if 6 April 2004 , i would like to have all my email received wil categorized all in this date . i have tried to created a customise view for my inbox , but this inbox keep giving me the view let say fo example (View 1) 6 April 2004 11:00 AM - SmilePop Easter bunny 06 April 2004 11:00 AM 6 April 2004 12:00 PM - Linda Teo 06 April 2004 12:00 PM i have a link that i have created a view for the inbox for the View 1 This is the link http://www.asp1re.com/outlook.jpg I would want my view to be in this way -----------------...

How to stop excel from constantly spinning up unused external hard drive (and prevent the delay that comes with that)

How do I create a mailing list with current data in Excel?
I have a list of names, addresses and I would like to make it a list that can be used in a mail merge. Is this possible and how? http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Amanda" <Amanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:095EF751-B349-4C6C-BA5B-9D91ADF7DA9E@microsoft.com... >I have a list of names, addresses and I would like to make it a list that >can > be used in a mail merge. Is this possible and how? ...

Cannot create new, reply, forward
Hello - I am using Win XP and Outlook 2002 on an Exchange server. We have recently changed domains and since then I can receive mail but my new message, reply and forward commands no longer work. Buttons are there by commands are greyed on teh menus or missing. Have tried uninstalling Office XP (inc registry keys) and reinstalling, then installing SP1 for OffXP but that didn't seem to rectify this. Does anyone know why? I'm going crazy and my systems manager is baffled. All suggestions welcome. Thanks I can't, it won't let me access the Email Accounts settings either...

Create appointments for another user
Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able to create a case for a CSR and if necessary, also create an appointment on his/ner calander. Thanks in advance. -Chris Chris, You can create the appointment or case, after you created it (for yourself) you can assign it to someone else or to a queue (if you have enough rights for it). The assign option should be in the action menu. Hope this helps, Rob Bakkers Avanade Netherlands "Chris Pelon" wrote: > Is it possible to create an appointment from another user. I need to be able > to creat...

Cannot create pdf from Publisher 2003
I have tried PDFCreator and PrimoPDF and each time I try to print to either of these from Publisher, Publisher fails and asks to send an error report to MS. I can create pdf from Word, Notepad etc, but Publisher always fails. I have REPAIRed Publisher. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher. I have also reinstalled all of Office 2003. Publisher still fails. What can I look for? Regards -- Doug ...

Creating data in one from from another
I have a DB that has two seperate data forms i want to be able to open one form from the other and insert some detaisl from the first form into it. eg. Form one has asset field there is a button to open second form i want it to link with the form record and input the asset number. -- Thanks for you help One way of doing this is by 'pushing' the value like this: DoCmd.OpenForm "Firstformname", acNormal Forms!Secondformname.Fieldname = Forms!firstformname.Form.fieldname Replace the firstformname with your mainform and the fieldname you want to push (e.g. assetnumber...