Copying The Windows User Account

Am I able make a copy of the complete Windows user account; so that when I do
a clean install I can restore the account to its previous state? Is creating
the exact user name and account type sufficient, or is there other
information needed? How do I do this, I am running XP Home Edition on a 32
bit machine.

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 11:24:03 -0700, paul
<paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Am I able make a copy of the complete Windows user account; so that when I do
>a clean install I can restore the account to its previous state? Is creating
>the exact user name and account type sufficient, or is there other
>information needed? How do I do this, I am running XP Home Edition on a 32
>bit machine.

External hard drive , backup software ( Acronis true image . Macrium
reflect et al ) .
0
Jim
8/28/2010 6:57:07 PM
How can I use Windows XP's Files and Settings Transfer Wizard to export my
files and settings?
http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/file-management/how-can-i-use-windows-xp-s-files-and-settings-transfer-wizard-to-export-my-files-and-settings-.aspx

--
Rey

"paul" wrote:

> Am I able make a copy of the complete Windows user account; so that when I do
> a clean install I can restore the account to its previous state? Is creating
> the exact user name and account type sufficient, or is there other
> information needed? How do I do this, I am running XP Home Edition on a 32
> bit machine.

Save copy, install SP2-3
I installed an old XP with no SP from a CD. All Firewalls seem to need an SP, so how can I get an SP on my new OS? I have tested SP2+3 saved down for Networks from Msoft, SP 2 result its not a valid win 32 program, SP3= you need at least SP1. All I can think of is to find an old disc with an old firewall, but I guess it cant be updated. Anton, you may be roaming around in a shady legal area. Where did this WinXP CD come from?? "Anton" <nospam_to@n.ton> wrote in message news:%23t48PPWdKHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I installed an old XP with no...

Upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC?
Is it possible to upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC? My sister-in-law just made the move to a mac. Sheowned Office on her old Gateway Laptop, can she upgrade to the Mac from her PC version? thanks. --Kevin Nope, no cross-upgrade discount. But if she bought a new Mac, there is a current discount that she may qualify for, which is even better--check the Office Bonus link at Apple: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313&family=officebo nus&mco=B6A3A393&cid=WWW-OFFICE051119-JOXP5 Be sure to read the fine print on the rebate coupon--expi...

Copy Userform ListBox AND TextBox values
How can I copy the values from ListBox1 and TextBox2 from the same Userform into the same cell on a worksheet? I have the code to copy either one to the correct location but I need to merge the values from both, seperated by a slash (/). I have tried using the following but it will paste "FALSE" into the appropriate cell: With Target .Value = ListBox1.Value & " / " & .Value = TextBox2.Text 'copies data to column B End With Thanks. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Ignore last - I have managed to do it. -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock ...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

There should be user defined fields on purchase orders
There should be user defined fields on purchase orders ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8d513b5e-c66d-4a10-9bfb-feb6fc679fac&dg=microsoft.public.greatplai...

Paybale Batch pops up error message for all users
Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'VerifyBatchTotals' is out of range in script 'Batch_Lookup_Scrolling_Window SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX and it pop up another error message: And it says the batch has been deleted and when we click again, it go back to normal view Please help Any body has resolution for that?????????? its very urgent please help Dear All, One of my client is getting following error when he click on lookup of batch in purchasing. Transaction>>>>Purchasing>>>&g...

copies of songs
How do I keep the media player from copying the songs in my library. I have several copies of each song What version of WMP and Windows? For WMP 10 or 11, you could follow the instructions at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0089.mspx Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk rick22m1981 wrote: > How do I keep the media player from copying the songs in my library. I have > several copies of each song ...

How many actual users in Exchange 2003?
How can I find out how many users I have on Exchange 2003? In 5.5 I could go to the recipients folder in the Exchange Admin program and it would tell me how many. I know that Exchange 2003 uses Active Directory but I still can not find an exact way to tell me how many mailboxes I have. We want to make sure we are not exceeding our license and will buy more if needed. In Exchange System Manager browse down to your Mailbox Store (under your Server object and Storage Group) and go to Mailboxes and see on your right hand side. If you have more than one mailbox store, check each one. --...

Multiple email accounts and inbox folders
I have 3 email accounts set up - one hotmail and two non-web-based accounts. The incoming hotmail messages automatically go into the hotmail inbox; however all email from the other email accounts winds up together in the "Outlook Today - [Personal Folders]" inbox. Is there a way that email received via these other ISP's can be directed to separate folders I specifically set up for them? Thanks in advance. Rick Johnston You have to use a rule to separate out POP accounts. Go with some like "when mail arrives through specified account, move to specified folder". You...

Copy a file with only values no formulas
Is there an easy way to copy a workbook so that it only has the values and not the formulas? Thank you. -- Lee Coleman Right click on a sheet tab and select all sheets. Then select all cells on the active sheet. Do a copy, then Edit, paste special, values. Right click on a sheet tab and select ungroup sheets. Save the workbook under a different name!!!! Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins and downloadable books on VB macros for Excel "Lee Coleman" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:OIOx4$FeHHA.4020@TK2MSFTN...

Reading ranges and copying data from Excel when it is not open
Is there a way in code to copy data out of an Excel file even if Excel is not up and running? If Excel were open, I'd copy, say, the first 30 rows and paste the info to PowerPoint. Then, since rows 1-5 are for column headings, I'd hide rows 6-30 and copy a new range which would look involve 30 rows, but since rows 6-30 were hidden would be 1-5 and then 31-55 as a contiguous block. I am trying to do this in VBA without opening Excel and instatiating objects, etc. Is it possible? What VBA commands would I use? You would need to treat the excel file as a database and use ADO to g...

Using external email address for AD user
We have certain users that we would like to use an external email address for and give access to resources in the domain. The only solution I have found so far is to create an account they will use for access and then to add a contact so we can send emails and add as a member of DL's. Ideally, I would like to do this without adding 2 separate objects in AD. Is that possible? Hi there, Are you aware that you can create a user and mail-enable them (not mailbox-enable), establishing an external address on the account. It removes the need for both a contact and a user accoun...

Stoping copying
Hi Guys Is there a way that would stop you from copying the execl file from th computer? You spend hours days weeks years on the sheets then some ******** Come along and try to off load it Thanks Tape up the disc drive and usb ports !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- ra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- raw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2831 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47921 Not really. You could try lots of things--but I would suspect each of these would be VBA ba...

WinForm
Hi, I've a windows application that i programmed few years ago (with Visual Studio 2005), and used it on XP for few years, I moved now to Windows 7 and I noticed that some colors are not the same on the two OS. Is it possible to make sure my application will look the same both on XP and Windows 7? Thanks, Gidi. On 2010-01-17, Gidi <shnapsi@hotmail.com.dontspam> wrote: > Hi, > > I've a windows application that i programmed few years ago (with Visual > Studio 2005), and used it on XP for few years, I moved now to Windows 7 and I > noticed that ...

Script doesn't quit on Windows 7
I have a .vbs script that maps drives and network printers. The script lives on the network. I script is not quitting on Windows 7. It works fine on XP and Vista. I can tell this because it writes a log file to the root of C:/. After it has run, I try to modify the log file and save it but I get an access denied error. The last lines of the script are... writelog "################ End Login Script ###################" Set objNetwork = Nothing Set objDrives = Nothing Set objComputer = Nothing Set objShell = Nothing Set objFileSystem = Nothing Set objLogF...

How does "leave a copy" work?
Hello group. Outlook and Outlook Express both have a "leave a copy" feature, and I'm curious how they know which emails to download from the server, and which one not to download. Do they have a database somewhere in the disk for which they use to compare with the list of emails in the mail server or something? More precisely, I'm wondering why Outlook/OE sometimes loses this information somehow and redownloads everything again, and then I have to delete them since I already have them. -- Mvh / Best regards, Jack, Copenhagen The email address is for real :) Jack...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

don't want windows live mail as my default email account
I don't want windows live mail as my default email account. I wen to Set Default Programs. I'm unable to uncheck marks on MAIL-TO PROTOCOL and EMAIL-LINK START MENU LINK. Please advise how can I fix that through REGEDIT. Thanks. Anita -- akaits Hello Akaits, If you are wanting to set "Windows Mail" back as your default program, then this should be able to help you to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83185-windows-mail-default-associations.html Hope this helps, Shawn akaits;1222059 Wrote: > I don't want windows live mail as my default...

creating contacts from Account
>From within an account, if I try to create a new contact by clicking on the Contact button>new contact, populate the required fields, in this case just the last name seems required (in Red), the first name recommended (in Blue), and hit save, I get the following: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The parameter is incorrect. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it ori...

How do you find windows shared folders?
I am writing a piece of software to back up a shared folder on one computer to another computer. I need a list of the shared folders available on the network I am connected to by ethernet. The computers are both windows machines... One is a Windows 98 computer and the other (the one that is doing the query) is windows XP. I am writing in VB6 and Visual C++ (I do OCXs in C++) I am comfortable writing socket level code to broadcast a discovery packet if that is necessary, and parse the response results, but if there is already an API for this then of course that would be better. Thanks. B...

Excel cut/Paste Problem: Year changes after data is copy and paste
I am using Excel 2003, and here is the problem. I have an Excel sheet that contains financials. Different departments need different sections of the data, so I copy and paste out only those sections they need and paste it into a new Excel sheet. The colums are broken up into dates, and formated to show date-year (Dec-05). For some reason, when I copy and paste sections, the date will change, for example Dec-05 will change to Dec-01. I have to go thru and manually correct all the dates. Can anyone tell me what is causing this? . .. maybe the cells in the New worksheet are preset to a c...

Using two MS Money accounts on one PC.
I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program without running into problems? TIA. File - Open/New create two files with different names. Mr. Mrs. >-----Original Message----- >I am using MS Money 2003 Standard Edition. Is there any way I can set up >accounts for two people on the same computer with the one program >without running into problems? TIA. >. > Besides the information already posted, use shortcuts to the two different files to start the application as starting Mone...

Copy/Paste with Hidden Rows/Columns Excel 2007
I am working with rather large & detailed spreadsheets. I have hidden rows and columns with supporting details that feed into the viewable results (formulas). I need to take the “zipped up” data and copy/paste to a new worksheet. When I paste the data, it appears with all of the hidden columns and rows visible one again. Is there any way to paste the zipped up data without the reappearance of the previously hidden rows and columns? Can you paste a link without all of the hidden data reappearing? Select range to copy which includes hidden rows and columns. F5>Special...

Window pops up on new mail
Outlook 2002 When new mail arrives to the inbox/deleted items, Outlook will become the new 'front' program. In other words if i have I.E. open Outlook takes it's place. How to stop? do you have the latest service packs? does the whole program take focus or just the alert dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/...

crm accounts fail to sync with outlook 2007
Outlook when syncing with CRM 3.0 completes stage 1 OK of sync and then takes all contacts away from Outlook trying to sync and then only returns 91 of 1650 accounts. We have 2 other laptops, 1 excatly the same and sync's fine. The other is same brand lower spec model and is also failing. We have checked local data>and all fields are the same, any suggestions as this is really frustrating as our account contacts sync via active sync with our PPC , so we currently have no 91/1650 contacts on our phone.? thanks CD On Aug 7, 8:54 am, Dewy <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...