Connection Failed! 01-03-10

Every so often, when I click my Local Area Network Connection
icon, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. The only solution
seems to be to reboot. Then all is well, probably for days
or even weeks. Then it happens again.

Any idea why??
0
chuck

Perhaps the NIC went to sleep? See the Power management tab for it in
Device Manager properties.

chuck wrote:

> Every so often, when I click my Local Area Network Connection
> icon, I get a Connection Failed! nastygram. The only solution
> seems to be to reboot. Then all is well, probably for days
> or even weeks. Then it happens again.
>
> Any idea why??

0
Bob

Sorting 04-18-10
Hi I have a spreadsheet with numerous addresses in col. A 1-999 15 Smith Street Jonestown 21 George Street Blacktown etc. In col B. 1-166 I have the name of all the suburbs in our region How can is sort col. A by suburb using the name of the suburbs in Col.B. ? Any help much appreciated Regards Stephen select all of the cells involved in both columns (and any more with related data), then use Data Sort and sort on Column B. To put the street addresses in some kind of order within the suburb, choose Column A as the second sort parameter. "Father John"...

Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but I cannot find it. What am I missing? Robin Did you format the HDD prior to installing Win7? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? Do other applications connect? Are you connecting via dial-up, cable, ADSL, satellite, or wireless internet USB modem? Is a router involved? Why can’t I connect t...

Task Costs 02-22-10
I have a schedule with 20 different projects. I would like to assign a forcasted billing per month for each project. All i can seem to get is the total project cost divided equally by the number of months for each project. Obviously each month would have a different estimated cost. Thanks in advance for your help. If each of your projects rolls up to its own summary task, it should be possible to see costsas descrete as to the minute. You can use the Task Usage or Resource Usage view (For the project, I would use Task Usage View). Change the time scale at the top of the view t...

pivot table 05-19-10
how do I do a pivot table with data that is on multiple worksheets? Hi Stephanie You will find instructions here. http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html But be aware, that you may not see the result as you expect. It would be better, if you could first combine all of your data to a single sheet (assuming your version of Excel can accommodate theta number of rows). For consolidating data from multiple sheets, take a look at http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Roger Govier Stephanie wrote: > how do I do a pivot table with data that is on multiple worksh...

Registry cannot load the Hive (SAM) file error... and Windows fails to boot.
I'm running Windows XP home. The system appeared to shut down normally the other day. When I started it the next morning, it failed to go into Windows and rebooted. Chkdisk ran and said that the recycled folder has a non zero file size. The system then rebooted again. Once again it tried to check the disk and said it had an invalid time stamp in ms dos sts, the system rebooted, then same series of events and I got an error saying that hyberfil.sys had an error... system rebooted. I got a "STOP 0000218 registry file failure. The registry cannot load the hive (file)\ systemroo...

microsoft word 02-07-10
when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message modification is not allowed because the selection is locked. Sounds like you have an expired trial version. Time to pay for the software. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "elnora" <elnora@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:889DED0D-FA9B-4375-9762-843CED4EF5C5@microsoft.com... > when attempting to type in a word docoment nothing appears. get message > modification is not allowed because the s...

Outlook Is Not Connecting To Hotmail Server
My Outlook is not connecting to the Hotmail server. What could be causing this issue? Here is the detailed report: Outlook Hotmail Connector Version 14.0.4760.1000 Session timed out. Automatically re-signed in at 6/3/2010 7:33:15 PM Mail: Error at 7:33 PM. Calendar: Contacts: Last successfully refreshed at 7:33 PM. ...

IIF Statement Help 01-29-10
I am getting an error messge saying a I am missing a ( or|and I can not figure out what is wrong. Can you please assist with debugging the following code: Test: IIF(Month(Date())>10 AND Month([Contract Info].[Start Date])<3, Year(Date())+1, Year(Date()) Essentially I want this calculated field to take a look at the current month and for January and February add one the the current year, otherwise the field should be the current year you are missing a parenthesis at the very end. that last parenthesis you have is ending only the Year function, but you also n...

connect to shared printers
I have two shared printers on an XP PC - i can install one of the drivers locally but when I try to connect to (install as) remote printer 7 says it cannot find the install files and looks for inf files. The other, an Epson Stylus 600 - it appears there's no drivers for 7 - is this correct? Thanks, J. Is your Windows 7 machine 64 bit? (Assume yes since you are posting in a 64 bit specific newsgroup). There are supposed to be drivers for both 32/64 supplied with Windows/WU. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Eps...

Switchboard Question 01-04-10
Hi, I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and have not had any responses. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a hyperlink hand (or something similar) in a switchboard, to click on the list? It is very frustating that there is no option for this to occur. Thanks "kenista" <kenista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3656F81E-35DB-4061-ACD6-3BA085994721@microsoft.com... | Hi, | | I posted this question a couple of weeks ago and have not had any responses. | | Does anyone know if it is possible to get a hyperlink hand (or somethin...

host hospedagem profissional por 2,99 ao =?ISO-8859-1?Q?m=EAs?= 03-16-05
Tudo sobre hospedagem de sites , planos profissionais , economicos e muitos outros , sua empresa na internet por apenas 2,99 ao m�s! http://host4u.rg3.net ...

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

Clients loosing connection to server
I have an Exchange 2003 server running in a Windows 2003 AD domain. Starting a week ago, all of my clients will periodically loose the connection to the server. In some cases, the connection will be lost and then it will reconnect, then several minutes later, the connection is lost again. When this is happening, if you close Outlook, you can not get back in because it can't find the Exchange server. I work for a school district and the Exchange server is at one location, but we have eight other sites connecting to the Exchange server and the problem seems to be happening at all ...

Export query to Excel fails
Access 2007 on WinXP When export query results to Excel, receive following error: " The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas expected. ' " This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file? Thank you. JR - How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)? Post your code...

Folder Pane 04-19-10
In the folder pane on the left, I have created subfolders, under main folders. Is there some way the folders can remain closed and the sub folders not show all the time. Thank you -- MS This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0089_01CAE02D.EE44B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable To collapse the entire account's folders or a folder's subfolder, click = on the small triangle adjacent to the account or folder. - the above is the only option --=20 ...winston ms-mvp ...

AD connection
How do I configure Outlook 2000 to see the Active Directory user info - I would like to use AD as my global email address book for the company. ...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 09-06-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 08:17:26 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 09:39:03 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 06 Sep 2010 06:39:07 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 609 Total No. of Characters...: 1792589 Total Volume..............: 1750 Messages Per Day..........: 87.0 Characters Per Day........: 256084.1 Average Daily Volume......: 250 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

How to disable and enable the internet connection
Hi All, i am a new guy to network programming. any one can tell me how to disable or slow the internet connection. REGARDS ranjith Lots of ways, pick one: 1. Pull network cable. 2. Uninstall network card driver. 3. Uninstall tcp/ip. 4. Misconfigure your IP address and/or network mask and/or gateway and/or DNS. 5. Turn the DSL/Router power off. 6. Cancel your account with the ISP. Some of those you can do programmatically too... "mappla" <ranjithsubra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181168054.223682.131480@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... &...

Outlook cannot connect to Exchange Server
I'm having an issue with two PCs (both with Outlook 2003 and with both Windows XP SP2 RC1). This issue has been going on before XP SP2 RC1 and Outlook 2003 but I hoped by upgrading to newer versions it would resolve my issue but obviously no luck. The issue I am having is that I cannot access my Exchange server from the local intranet through Outlook. I can ping the server, I can get on via OWA but I cannot get on through Outlook itself. When I set up the profile and go to validate / "CHECK NAME" I see no activity lights over the LAN and it comes back 45 seconds lat...

Runtime Error 09-18-03
Hi! After installing MSCRM I'm getting runtime errors (line:382 - function over(o){...}) whenever my mouse moves over the menu. After the first try, I installed it a second time on sbs 2000 - with the same result. Has anyone any idea? Thanks for your help chris Hello Chris, We are having exactly the same problem over here. Did you manage to get this one fixed in the end ? Regards, Benoit. "chris" <your_mum@gmx.at> wrote in message news:6ff001c37de7$972c5c10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > After installing MSCRM I'm getting runtime errors > (line:382 - fun...

Importing contacts and connecting them to the related customer
After several attempts I finally succeeded in importing my accounts from Outlook. Now, I'm trying to import the contacts from Outlook into CRM 3.0. Simply importing the contacts works fine, but I want to connect my contacts directly to the account. The bulk import offers this possibility but what data does it expect to make the connection? I've tried the account name but import fails for each line with error message 0x8004032d (Data in row does not match the import type) "Arthur Vuijk" <Arthur Vuijk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02FCC072-4603-...

Activesync and Mobile Phone connectivity
I don't know how unique my problem is but here it goes: Just recently migrated to an exchange 2003 box and have been working on trying to get the Mobile devices in the company attached. My beta test is a Windows Mobile 5.0 Smartphone with Build 14928.2.2.0 and Activesync 4.1 on the workstation. I have downloaded the CER to the handheld and it is visible under public certificates. Here is the problem: When connected to the workstation, the phone will only sync with server using the Netbios name (i.e. test vs. test.testsite.com) over http (not https) and errors out using the FQDN wit...

10 subaccounts in FRx?
Hello: In one of the versions (Deskto or Professional) of FRx, there is a limt on the number of subaccounts that you can report on in the reporting tree and I believe this limited number is 10. Is this true and, if so, in which version? Thanks! childofthe1980s This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C5F4AF.0D495110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here is the latest info I have, as far as I know this is valid for either version of FRx: - Row Code Numbers: 8,000 - Detail Rows: 32,000 - Data Links: 19...

How to remove Connection Agreement in ADC
Can someone tell me how to remove a Connection Agreements in ADC? Thanks in advance Kenny Kim Click on the CA and click delete. This only works however on user and public folder CAs. If you are talking about removing the Config_CA then that is a whole different issue. To remove the Config_CA you need to uninstall the Exchange 5.5 server that it is connected to. If the server was'ripped' out through a manual removal of the server then you have some clean-up to attend to. Check out the Microsoft article 822450. It gives you the steps on how to remove the last Exchange 5.5 serv...

one solution to outlook "unable to connect to server"
For anyone getting the "unable to connect to server" error message ... By default, SBC DSL does not allow sending mail through smtp servers other than their own because they block port 25. A search of these groups and the web did not produce much reference to port 25 blocking as being the possible problem. I messed around with settings, different servers, different clueless support lines, and different email clients for hours. SBC phone support did not once mention that port 25 blocking could be the problem; I finally discovered that on my own, **buried in their very own online d...