Cannot update

Platform WinXP SP3

When I try to pull down updates from MS sites a window comes up saying that
these sites ate only for WINDOWS not MAC. ie. somewhere along the line my
machine is being read as a MAC machine. I only have as above, no second OS
etc, but for a couple of months I cannot pull down updates.
Dave

0
David

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 18:38:38 +1000, "David" <dtmail@bigpond.com>
wrote:

>Platform WinXP SP3
>
>When I try to pull down updates from MS sites a window comes up saying that
>these sites ate only for WINDOWS not MAC. ie. somewhere along the line my
>machine is being read as a MAC machine. I only have as above, no second OS
>etc, but for a couple of months I cannot pull down updates.
>Dave

Have you in the past hooked up to mac network ?
0
Jim
4/24/2010 11:39:38 AM
David wrote:
> Platform WinXP SP3
>
> When I try to pull down updates from MS sites a window comes up saying that
> these sites ate only for WINDOWS not MAC. ie. somewhere along the line my
> machine is being read as a MAC machine. I only have as above, no second OS
> etc, but for a couple of months I cannot pull down updates.
> Dave

Google the error message.. you'll get "hits" like these:

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/35/1/Windows-Update-page-says-Thank-you-for-your-interest-in-obtaining-updates-from-our-site.html
http://forum.soft32.com/windows/Help-Windows-Update-ID-pc-Mac-ftopict343248.html

--
Joe   =o)
0

Windows XP update kills logon
My Windows XP Pro laptop auto-installed updates last night on shutdown (Wed Apr 15). On startup this morning, the system refuses my passwords and I cannot log on. Refuses both user password for domain and administrator password for the local machine. Anyone else having this trouble? Any suggestions for recovery? ...

batch update
If you understand in those terms, is there a way to batch update an Excel spreadsheet to an already populated Access table? Basically, I routinely get spreadsheets of data that I need to amend to an Access table. It is very time consuming to copy and paste line by line. Thanks in advance. On Mar 12, 12:42=A0pm, "DM" <themusgravefam...@gmail.com> wrote: > If you understand in those terms, is there a way to batch update an Excel > spreadsheet to an already populated Access table? > > Basically, I routinely get spreadsheets of data that I need to amend to an= &...

6/15 Updates Broke OWA
Win2K3 Server Std SP1 Exchange2K3 Server Ent SP2 Updated Exchange server Thurs night. Went on vacation Friday - Tuesday. Came back today to people telling me they can't send email through OWA anymore. I tried with my Domain Admin account. Mail sent fine. I tried with a non-admin account (regular user account). No dice. Got "Access Denied" error. When I login using Integrated Authentication within the network using http://server, I can send from both an admin and non-admin account. When I login using Basic Authentication from within or outside of the network using http...

Dimension Update and Pivot table report
I have an Excel (03) Report file which uses Analysis Services (SP4) Cube. Works fine still using AS 2000 not 2005. When I make any changes to Dimension and process Dim. and Cube Excel file doesn't takes my Dim changes... I have to take (drag) the changed Dim. back to field list and bring it back to report.... then only it works.....problem is we have 100s of Excel Cube Reports. Error I get: The item Could not be found in OLAP Cube. Thank you - Ashok ...

template class operator friend functions
This is a MIME message --=_Turnpike_LdoN4xAq3LZ$MyPn= Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed Hello, I am still having problems with operator friend functions in class templates and I have created a small code fragment to demonstrate the problem. You can either just read it or better still add it to your existing MFC project and compile it and have a look at the errors for yourself. With the first template (which has only one 'class' parameter) there are no problems. But with the second template (which has an additional 'int' parameter) the code genera...

need help on updating figures #3
it was much more complicated than that - i worked it out now though involved alot of absolute cell referencing thanks for your tim -- minx ----------------------------------------------------------------------- minxy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26959 ...

Check out this security update from the Microsoft Corp.
--raadzbbqithpnp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pmxpzueoeva"; type="multipart/alternative" --pmxpzueoeva Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vaklcirho" --vaklcirho Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prot...

automatic update every month
I would like the chart to update automatically when monthly data i entered. Every 1st of the month I update the data to add previous monthl values. I like the chart to update automatically. And, I want my chart to show only past 12 month period data. It mean every month when I add excel data, the chart should automatically dro the the first month values and add last month. It's a line chart. Any input is appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi NYBoy, Check out Jon Peltier's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html Cheers Andy NYB...

Auto Update Text box
Hello, I'm building my first ever Access datebase and I have a form called Enter Comp. In this form I have a combo box called Combo9 that gets it's data from a table called CompType. In the Table CompType I have three fields. The Comp9 combo box gets it data for the second field in the table the field is called Compdescription. On the form Enter Comp I also have a text box called CompAmount. I want this text box to auto populate once a user choices a comptype from the Combo9 combo box with the number that is in the Points table on the CompType table. Currently on the C...

Macro to Update links on a network
I recorded this macro as I did an update. Why do I get an error message when I try to play it back. I want to have an "update" macro which will update cells that are linked to 3 separate workbooks which may be open or closed. Sub UpdateLinksV2() ActiveSheet.Unprotect ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _ "O:\folder\subfolder\Time off Calendar\Time Off Calendar.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _ "O:\folder\Call In Line - Updates 2010.xls", Type:=xlExcelLinks ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:= _ ...

Interactive Excel Web Page save updated data
I have created an interactive excel spreadsheet and saved and published as an html file. I am able to export the entire page to a new spreadsheet in excel Here is the problem. I am trying to have data entered at work saved so I can simply import the updated data to my spreadsheet at home. The data entered in the web page is not saved and needs to be exported when it is entered. Is there anyway to have the updated html file saved as new data is entered? Thanks ...

Avid Xpress DV Plugins Collection, Lightwave Plugins Collection, updated 28/Aug/2005
Avid Xpress DV Plugins Collection, Lightwave Plugins Collection, updated 28/Aug/2005 buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, ============================================================ Avid Xpress DV Plugins Collection, updated 28/Aug/2005 buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, Profound Effects Elastic Gasket v2.0 for Avid Xpress Primatte.Keyer.v1.6.for.Avid.Xpress Magic.Bullet.Editor.v.1.01.for.Avid.Xpress.Pro Synthetic.Apert...

Recent Update that causes Stack Overflow from too many xml levels
I read recently that that one of the updates (feb 2005?) caused stack overflows if you had too many xml levels. Since I use .net/xml/xslt I was mildly interested, however, since I had not experienced the problem, I did not print/archive/etc. I now have the problem where code that has been running is giving stack overflows that was previously working with the same xml levels. The article said that MS had a patch. I can now not find the article, a reference to a patch, etc. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks, Phil ...

Update Excel Database via Access Main Database with a script
Hello, i am wondering about something fairly complex, i have two databases, one in the access format (the most utilized one) and another one in excel format, Since we use the Access one the most, but cannot print the informations that it contains, i was forced to create a new one which you can print off of, so here is the issue, whenever we add new information to the access database, we need to manually update the excel one and it's very unconvenient, because since we do not use it very often, it falls in the depths of The Documents. My question to any expert out there is, Is there ...

[ANN] New and Updated Scripts
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3144512279_12329117 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit The following new and updated freeware AppleScripts for Entourage are available at MacScripter.net <http://macscripter.net/scriptbuilders/> Other Signature X 1.0.0 This script, when attached to a repeating schedule, will automatically change the signature of a new outgoing message to a non-default signature for specified recip...

Calendar doesn't update with acceptance
We have a shared master calendar. My secretary makes an meeting on that calendar and invites me. I get the invitation in my inbox and click on it and accept. The meeting doesn't show that I accepted until the acceptance email is clicked on in the master calendar inbox. Is that the way it's supposed to work? Can I fix it so that the meeting in the calendar gets updating without having to click on the email in the master calendar inbox (I realize that I have to click on and accept in my inbox). Exchange 2003 sp2 Outlook 2003 It is working as designed. -- Milly Staples [M...

Automatically update all child records when parent is updated?
Does anyone know of a way in CRM 4.0 to automatically update all child records for a parent record when the parent record is updated? My specific use case is to have CRM automatically update a status field on all child records to a particular picklist value when the picklist status field on the parent record is changed to a particular value. At present, the uses are opening the parent record, updating the status field, navigating to the list of child records on the parent record form, clicking the checkbox to select all, clicking on the More Actions > Edit button, setting the sta...

Update all formulas on spreadsheet
Update all formulas on spreadsheet - including array formulas by using something similar to a find & replace function. Example change Apr05! sheet reference in all formulas to May05!. Hi Valerie, You can use Find and Replace. Press the Options button and select Look in Formulas. This will replace values in formulas. Michael "~Valerie" wrote: > Update all formulas on spreadsheet - including array formulas by using > something similar to a find & replace function. Example change Apr05! sheet > reference in all formulas to May05!. Thank you! This will s...

Vlookup to retrive HOW CAN I UPDATE
Background - Three worksheets (COVER, LOOKUP and LOG) are in sam workbook (file). COVER worksheet has area (in column format) that I put in info and marco inserts a row, copies and pastes this info onto the LOG shee (transposed into 1 row per record (This is used to log Machinica trouble tickets , so it has Ticket number, date, Reported by, Location issue, resolved (Yes or No)... then cleans out the info so I can type i another ticket. LOOKUP worksheet has VLOOKUP formulas so in the cells to retrieve th data based on the what I type in cell D10 (Ticket number).. this work fine LOG workshe...

pivot won't update.
Hi, I’v got a pivot table in excel. Last night I made some updates in the database by the pivot won’t update. Both the pivot and the database are in the same excel file but different sheets. I’m using Office 07 S2. I tried to refresh manually or automatically but nothing works. Also, when I double click on any pivot cell, I get the old database before the last changes. Can anyone help? ...

Uninstall update 12.7.1
Since installing this update, Word and Excel crash with annoying frequency, something I've not noticed since leaving the window world. Is this a common problem? and ... Can anyone please help me uninstall this update? Last point first: No, as a rule updates cannot be removed. Once applied you'd have to run the Remove Office utility, re-install, then update to the preferred level. However, that shouldn't be necessary -- there has to be a cause for the crashes and the update itself isn't it :-) Crashes are not "common" on properly managed Macs. They do occur but ...

Make "Outlook Today" update appointment instance, not the series?
When I click on a recurring appointment entry in "Outlook Today" view, it updates the series. Is there any way to get it to update just that day's instance, without going to the calendar, double-clicking the appointment, then selecting the "update this instance" radio-button? No. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:9CDC42BE-E069-4F6D-96D2-46B1B775B4B4@microsoft.com, aveit wrote: > When I click on a recurring appointmen...

Acutals change on Task I did not update
I go into the emp and update teh task hours for example I have two task 1. bake cookies 2. Bake Bread Baker goes into his task and add that he worked 10 hours on bake cookies task I go into update task and accept the hours when I go into the project server view under budget and cost view I noticed that not just the the bake cookies hours acutal adjust but also the bake bread. why would bake cookies actual change bake breads, they are not linked and there are no predessors?? Hi Maha - we'd need to know more about the project - are these the only two tasks? How d...

update tables
Good Afternoon, First I would like to thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you can give. I have created a new database and I imported a few tables from another database that I need for some queries that I am running in the new database. This new database will be for our new financial term beginning in April. I am currently still working in the old database until than but I was just checking a few items and I noticed that the tables that were imported are not updated. Everyday I put new information in eg. our Po's for 7th term. I looked in the new databa...

Try on this critical update which comes from M$
--lmvvnpoaocxmmys Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wdjlerbkk"; type="multipart/alternative" --wdjlerbkk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sojjlqivgyqt" --sojjlqivgyqt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these ...