can not adjust TCP/IP settings

Have XP Pro SP2. Under network settings the adaptor name is missing (it does
show under hardware devices though) and TCP/IP is missing. I tried to
connect a router (192.168.2.1) and change thee XP to obtain ip automatically
but I had use a different computer and set it's ip to 192.168.1.1 to get
everything to work.
ipconfig /all shows ip address

Thanks,
J.

0
Jason

Why isn't SP3 installed? [1]

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer?

Did a Norton or McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[1] Note: Support for WinXP SP2 ended on 13 July 2010. Computers running
WinXP SP2 "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update"
[i.e., updates released on & after 02 August 2010 so you'll be two months
behind on 14 September!] until SP3 has been installed.  Extended Support for
WinXP SP3 will continue through 08 April 2014.

    . What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
       http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Jason wrote:
> Have XP Pro SP2. Under network settings the adaptor name is missing (it
> does
> show under hardware devices though) and TCP/IP is missing. I tried to
> connect a router (192.168.2.1) and change thee XP to obtain ip
> automatically
> but I had use a different computer and set it's ip to 192.168.1.1 to get
> everything to work.
> ipconfig /all shows ip address
>
> Thanks,
> J.

0
PA

Can't print in Duplex
I have a problem printing documents in duplex. We have a large Konica/Minolta copier/printer set up on a print server on the network. The printer and driver support duplex. It works for every application except Publisher 2003. Even Word 2003 will print duplex to the same printer. Anyone have ideas as to why Publisher ignores the driver settings? TIA, Hank Arnold Publisher is more critical about drivers. Is your driver the most current? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX1...

Have I destroyed the Exchange 2003 active directory and can it be repaired
Hi all. Now, no sniggering at the back ok? Over the course of the last few days, we have replaced our very old domain controllers (W2k) and replaced them with a nice new shiney W2k3 server. All seems to have gone very well, until this morning. When I got into the office today, the whole network seemed to be down, no one could log on or access any of the network shares. Luckily I knew what the cause was and rectified this straight away (Tried to setup vpn server and dhcp on the domain controller last night, as well as giving the PDC a second gateway.) I uninstalled the VPN and DHCP roles fro...

US banks not available for on-line set-up if user located outside
I am located in Belgium. I have downloaded and installed MS Money 2006 (US version - 90 days trial version) for the purpose determining whether I can use Money to keep track of my US bank accounts (Citibank and Fidelity, incl. investment and 401k). I use Windows XP incl. all SP and security updates. When I try to set up US accounts for online use, I get to the point where Money searches the name of banks which permit an on-line information exchange. Rather than displaying the list, I see a response, "information temporarily not available" (for the last three days). I have tr...

How do I set up a centerfold print for a booklet?
I have a 50 page booket and I want the center pages to print as a centerfold. Any ideas? All but the centerfold and the pages on the reverse side of the centerfold can be done with the booklet fold option. You'll need to print the centerfold and the two other pages as a separate print job. Actually, when you determine which two pages the centerfold section will be, you can just make those two pages blank and let the backside print, then remove that sheet and print the center fold on it. Assuming that you are using a letter size sheet which is folded, you would set up the centerfol...

Set margins?
I re-installed Publisher 02 on my new computer today. I went to open an existing file and the margins are not set. The top and bottom of the pages are getting cut off. I looked for everything to set the margins and make it fit. The file was perfect before and everything was displayed. I cant figure out how to get it all in again!! The layout guides are at 0" and the page setup gives me no options to set the margins. What happened? What do I do? Hi, Mike - They moved it to the "Arrange" menu. M. "Mike" wrote: > I re-installed Publisher 02 on my n...

Set Control value on a form
What is the syntax to set the value of control on a form from VBA? Forms!frmYourForm!txtYourControl.Value = "Some Value" The form must be open and txtYourControl must be updateable. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "MeSteve" wrote: > What is the syntax to set the value of control on a form from VBA? This is what I needed to move the logic to a module. I had already started tinkering with that, but couldn't get the control on the report to update. I will try this tomorrow, thanks. "Duane Hookom" wrote: > Forms!frmYourForm!txtYourControl.Va...

can the doughnut chart key be in words
i have a balance sheet the has to be presented in a doughunt chart but the key has to be in words. using office 2003. if it is possible please could i have a step by step explanation Hi, The key will display the text you specify as the Name of the series. Normally the text is held within a cell at the head of each data series. You can use the Source Data dialog to set the Name of each series, either as a reference to a cell or text. Right click chart and pick Source Data... On the series tab is the place to change the Name. Cheers Andy lili class wrote: > i have a balance sheet the ...

How do i adjust expire lot in GP 9
How have a expire lot. How do i adjust the inventory, becuase i adjust that expire lot item form item transaction but when i am going to post that batch it give an error in edit list. So Please help me ho do i adject that item. Remember that i have Microsoft Dynamics GP 9 with service pack 1. I ran some tests, only way is to update using sql query. -- Mick "Asif Fattah" wrote: > How have a expire lot. How do i adjust the inventory, becuase i adjust that > expire lot item form item transaction but when i am going to post that batch > it give an error in edit list. S...

Can we disable the an Accounts option?
In Outlook (2003 SP1) is it possible to remove an account from the Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar (which appears if there is more than one send account in the profile)? Can this option be programmed, i.e. where is it in the object model for Outlook? Thanks for your input, Brian Brian Taylor <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote: > In Outlook (2003 SP1) is it possible to remove an account from the > Accounts drop down list on the E-mail toolbar (which appears if there > is more than one send account in the profile)? Sure. Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next. S...

Can't connect from single PC
Hello All, Here's a bizarre one. Using CRM 1.2, Win Server 2K3.... So, everything's humming along fine, and then suddenly, and for no apparent reason, when I try to access CRM from my main PC (at office) I get the good 'ol " An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator". Here's the bizarre part...I can connect and log in from any other machine connected to the network, using the same credentials. I've checked the error logs, and nothing seems amis...I'm stump...maybe I'll restarting everything one more time... Chee...

Can we change the default outlook form?
Hi all, We need to change our outlook contact form to the customized form. Is there a way to change outlook uses to use the customized contact form instead of outlook default form? exchange 2003 /outllok 2003/outlook 2007 envir. thank you. Hi, Please find below the link - "Tutorial: Creating and distributing custom forms with Outlook" http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA012106101033.aspx Regards, Vladimir Meloski "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:418F92EF-DE02-4642-8609-8E35EE9755C0@microsoft.com.....

what does "you can only type in a text box, table mean?
I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! LA LA <LA@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I can't type on the calendar that I made, the message that comes up > says, "you can only type in a text box, table, and certain shapes". > I could type in it yesterday, so I don't understand! Please help! This emssage appears when you don't have an object selec...

How can I produce fileversion
Hi, I had met a problem in my program,I don't know how to produce a fileversion Info in my software,such as MFC DLL's FileVer, how can I do? Thanks! This is specified in your resources. Look at the VS_VERSION_INFO structure. -- ============ Frank Hickman Microsoft MVP NobleSoft, Inc. ============ Replace the _nosp@m_ with @ to reply. "zh" <gslzzh2002@sina.com> wrote in message news:e8D1jFL7EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi, I had met a problem in my program,I don't know how to produce a > fileversion Info in my software,such as MFC DLL's FileV...

can I autopopulate from a long drop down list in Excel?
I have a very long list of referring physicians in a drop down list for data entry people to populate. I would like them to type in the first 3 characters and be immediately directed to that area of the drop down list. Is this possible? Thanks! Instead of the dropdown. This will take you to the name in col J Sub gotonfirst3letteredname() myname = InputBox("Enter first 3 letters of name") If Len(myname) <> 3 Then MsgBox "THREE letters" Exit Sub End If Columns("J").Find(What:=myname, After:=Range("j1"), _ LookIn:=xlValues, LookA...

Exchange System Manager can't open Public Folders.
Hello, When i trying to open Public folders from ESM i receive error : --------------------------------------------------------------------------- The HTTP service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public stores are not mounted and the Information Store service is not running. ID no: c1030af3 Exchange System Manager ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Public folders working fine from Outlook. One thing that i changed before was changing primary SMTP in "Default recipient" policy. For now i can't chang...

Where can I learn about windows, pallets, etc for scripting?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284915975_21826134 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I�m trying to use QuicKeys to recreate a few macros, and I am bumping into fine points about window control. I know this has to be incredibly basic, but what are the differences among windows, sheets, palettes, etc? Is there a tech doc someone can link me to? Or just shoot me? Thanks! Best, Bill Imac 2.8Ghz -10.5.1 Office 2008/2003 - W...

WTF?? I can't move my mail from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2007?
I bought a new computer. It came with Vista and Windows Mail. Got my mail and addresses etc, imported into it just fine. Upgraded the computer to Windows 7. No more Windows Mail. Downloaded Windows Live Mail which I have been using for a few months. Way to stupid of a program, so I bought Outlook 2007 so I could get back to a real piece of software. It found my OLD Windows Mail stuff and imported it all just fine, but all the emails I have gotten since in Windows Live Mail it can't import. It's all just a bunch of .eml files I finally found on my computer. Ho...

How can I hide the date displayed in the associated text box for .
I am using Pin Milestones to link events to points on the timeline. Showing the actual date abover the text describing the event is not really necessary as the pin links to the date in the timeline. Moreover the date entry takes up a whole line space above the event text. As I am pushed for space on the timeline I would welcome techniques for hiding the date displayed. Hi John, The date portion of the Pin milestone shape is a text box - you can click on the textbox and hit <space> <escape> to remove the date text. It can be a bit tricky because there is some shape protect...

Can you use Excel with a Tablet PC?
Just trying to find out what functions the Tablet PC will allow Excel to operate... For instance, can you input ink directly into a cell and then convert it to text? Or are you restricted to "inking" annotations, later treated as "art objects" if the spreadsheet were emailed to a non-Tablet PC user? ...

How can you find all orders that include an item in a BOM
If I have an sales order for a top level item number: 123456, In the BOM for that item number is a component, 456789. This same component could be in many other top level sales items. How would you find all the orders that contain 456789. It is contained in too many items to do a where used and work through the items one by one. I guess there needs to be some kind of recursive search feature. Surely I am not the first person to come across this issue. Please help! Thanks in advance. This would best be done using a SQL query or SQL Reporting Services, maybe even a Smart List if you have...

Can't find rule to 'run now'
Using Outlook 2003, I made a new rule and wanted to apply it directly. When I open rules/ alerts I see a list of rule with the new on on top of it. However when I click 'run rules now', I get another list, and I can't find the new one anywhere. I have been using Outlook for years and I have never come across this problem. What am I doing wrong? I'd appreciate your suggestions. P ...

How large can a money file get, how many entries can it hold?
I've been using MS Money regliously since 1994. I've had every financial transaction recorded and its great to have the "history" of your spending/financial records so close. My MNY file is averaging about 7MB The question is: how much larger can it possibly get before money has issues with it? Is there a maximum filesize? How many transactions can a file hold? Should I be worried...or can I squeeze a few more years outa this file. I've often thought about truncating the file so it smaller and loads quicker and I ask myself "SELF... do I need records prior...

set the "from" address in email?
I want to create a remote user whose e-mail will be bob@company.com but I want to set him up in such a way that every time he replies to any emails that go through our mail server, the From address shows up as support@company.com and naturally, the replies go to support@company.com as well. Is there any way to do this? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!! You could either make support@company.com his primary SMTP address and add bob@ as additional (proxy) address. Or you could create a separate user account called support, assign it support@company.com, assign Bob full mailbox access and Send As....

Authentication for a dynamic IP mail server
Non profit org needs to send about 500 newsletters weekly. over 30% get rejected. We beleive it is a false spam flag doing this. Our mailserver is shared with a few others and resides on a dynamic IP. Can we get authentication like spf for our outgoing mail list. regards\ CG On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 13:48:47 -0600, "NewsGr" <Ciava@nospam.net> wrote: >Non profit org needs to send about 500 newsletters weekly. over 30% get >rejected. We beleive it is a false spam flag doing this. >Our mailserver is shared with a few others and resides on a dynamic IP. >Can...

set default address list?
Hi Just wondering if there's a way to globally set the default address list for Outlook 2003 using the exchange 2003 server? Basically we have 4 offices and we'd like to set the default address book of people in office A with officeA address bok etc. thanks gerryR hi this KB will help you.. http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=319213 shai -- "gerryR" wrote: > Hi > > Just wondering if there's a way to globally set the default address list for > Outlook 2003 using the exchange 2003 server? Basically we have 4 offices > and we&#...