Can I use Windows XP Home for Commercial ?

i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home
edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is
okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully
utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc
I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is
only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ?

Jim wrote:
> i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows
> XP Home edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people
> told me that it is okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it
> just that we cannot fully utilize the feature of the Windows i.e.
> joined domain ...etc
> I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home
> edition is only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to
> me ?

I suppose you are asking if you can utilize Windows XP Home Edition for
professional purposes - in a business.

You can use Windows XP Home Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition,
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, Windows XP Media Center Edition, etc in any
way you want.

Same goes for Windows Vista editions and Windows 7 editions.

Essentially - the differences are just the limitations such as those you
have been told about... (Joining a domain, File Encryption, etc.)

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
1/6/2010 8:05:13 AM
Jim wrote:

> i would need to clarify on this matter whether can we use Windows XP Home
> edition for a commercial ? is it legal ? a lot of people told me that it is
> okay using Windows XP Home for commercial but it just that we cannot fully
> utilize the feature of the Windows i.e. joined domain ...etc
> I also cannot find anything in Windows XP Home EULA that the Home edition is
> only for NON-Commercial use. Can anyone clarify this to me ?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/eula/home.mspx

You probably have a copy of eula.txt somewhere under C:\Windows.  You only
are liable to what you agreed for what is actually stated in that contract,
nothing more.
0
VanguardLH

Using Exchange Server 2003 with POP3 account of ISP
Hi! I am running a Windows server 2003 and an Exchange server 2003. I would like to configure my exchange server to send and recieve internet email by using my ISP's POP3 account. How can i accomplish it. Also Please tell me if i would need seperate POP3 accounts with my ISP for every mailbox enabled recepient in my Exchange Organization or I could use one POP3 account to recieve all emails. I want to configure my server to use a dial up connection to the internet. Thanx in Advance. Manu Singhal Hi, I think you have to establish a connector to your ISP mailserver. Open the exch...

Search information using the main form
I am making a access db with a main form and linked a subform. I can show the record by entering the primary key in the main form and the subform will show the relevant information --- that is ok! But i try to enter infomation in the other text box in main form but no action only the table content changed! ---- problem How to use the other text boxes to search the record and the result can be seen in main form and of course related record will be shown in the sub-form as using the primary key. How to prevent the content to be changed as mentioned but only after the button will created lat...

How to assign 2 email domains to a user without using recipient po
We have some unique users in our environment who require a secondary email domain address other than what everybody else uses. For example everybody uses @xyz.org as the email address suffix, but we would also like to see if it is possible to assign a secondary email address domain (@abc.org) to a small number of users without adding abc.org in the recipient policy, so that these users can recieve emails addressed to either domain suffix in their mailbox. In this case, if this is possible we would add the other email address in the users's email address tab in ESM. By the way this w...

can't login to GP Company
when I open GP I am able to login to Dynamics, then I select a company any company I get this error: "A product installed on your computer is on a different version than the database version." You will not be able to use the application until the issue is resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your tmep directory to assist in resolving this issue." This is this message from the GP_Loginerror.log file: ---------------------------------------------------------------- Product Name: Extender Database Version: 1001193 Client Version: 10080 Product Name: SmartList B...

Tutorial On Using Windows Vista Compressed Files Capabilities
Where can I find a link or tutorial on using Windows Vista's Compressed Files Capabilities? I am of need to create several Zipped Compressed Files. I am not interested in third party software. Thank you Eddy. Very simple - Right click the file ( or Files ) and from the context menu place your pointer over "Send To". From the secondary menu choose "Compressed (Zipped) File". "Eddy" <Eddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E75733F-4757-4253-9277-BC15273789C7@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a link or tutorial on usi...

audible click when opening a new window.
I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it out. When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the computer makes. How can I turn this off? Thanks! Amadeus Try: Control Panel-Sounds "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I kno...

I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!!
Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort them properly. What to do?? Hi Paul, "paulonline66" <paulonline66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BB832DA-34AE-44B4-9D73-6F178E9AEBF0@microsoft.com... > I can't format 01/19/2004 to read January 19, 2004, please help!! > Dragged and dropped a series of dates and now I can't convert them to sort > them properly. What to do?? With the date cells selected: Data | Text to Columns | Next | Next | Select the Date option and Select the DMY option in the dropdown...

how to get the other window's scrollbar handle ?
could anyone help me about this ? for example : my program needs to get the MS WORD's horizontal scrollbar handle and control it.my program needs to scroll the document view on its own in this case. i had tried these functions include : GetScrollInfo / GetScrollBarInfo / PostMessage but can't get the correct handle..... tks for ur help !! have a nice day !! yoyo ...

flash/blink the window title on taskbar when it is in minimised state.
How to flash/blink the window title on taskbar (in yellow color or anything ) when it is in minimised state. Same as in case when someone pings you on yahoo chat when u are busy with someone else CWnd::FlashWindowEx AliR. "Unknown" <gaurav.samsung@gmail.com> wrote in message news:dfbfa415-fc55-4edd-886f-996d3122c6e9@w1g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > How to flash/blink the window title on taskbar (in yellow color or > anything ) when it is in minimised state. > > Same as in case when someone pings you on yahoo chat when u are busy > with someone else ...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

XSL Transform
I'm learning how to use the XSL transform functionality and can't get it to work. In a book I'm reading on it, it says that I can do like I did below and just add a value like <root_node/> in there and I should be able to transform any XML source document I have so that the results would simply contain <root_node/>. I wanted to try that, just so I could see if I understand how this is working and wrote the code and XSL file below. However, my value for szTransformedXML is always an empty string. Does anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's a method I wrote ...

can't see Canadian banks listed
I just purchased Microsoft Money 2006 Canadian Edition. In the online setup, there are no Canadian banks listed. Does this mean that I have to go to each of my banks' websites and manually download to Money? I thought I would be able to update my accounts in a single click from Money, just like Quicken does. Your help is appreciated Is Control Panel > Regional Settings set for Canada rather than the default of USA? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails...

Can somebody tell me how to create uomschedules and UOM By CRM SDK
I can not use the following code to do this. Can somebody tell me how to do this? thanks! crmsdk.CreateRequest create = new crmsdk.CreateRequest(); crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM target = new crmsdk.TargetCreateUoM(); crmsdk.uom myuom = new crmsdk.uom(); // crmsdk.uomschedule myuomschedule = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.uomschedule(); myuom.name = name1; myuom.quantity = new opportunityrelationship.crmsdk.CrmDecimal(); myuom.quantity.Value = Convert.ToDecimal(1)...

Sending email not using Global Address List?
I want to be able to send email for a specific user in the Global Address list using an SMTP address. Everytime we send email to tha person, it goes directly to his inbox. We would like for this message to go to the .com address, not the X.400. How can I accomplish this? Thank you. Keith You are going to have to give us a bit more detail for us to understand what it is you are trying to do. What version of exchange? How is it set up? Do you have SMTP addresses for everyone? Is the SMTP address the default address, or the X.400? What app are you sending from? etc... "Keith ...

VBA: Can't set ChartTitle.Text??
My macro tells me it can't set the ChartTitle. "Unable to set the Text property of the ChartTitle class". Any help. please? Ed Sub MakeNewScatterChart() Dim wkb As Workbook Dim wks As Worksheet Dim LastRow As Long Dim LastCol As Long Dim colData As Long Dim cht As Chart Dim chtObj As ChartObject Dim rngData As Range Dim rngXval As Range Dim rngSer As Range Dim strTitle As String ' Get limits of data Set wkb = ActiveWorkbook Set wks = wkb.Sheets(1) LastRow = wks.Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row LastCol = wks.Range("IV4").End(xlToLeft).Column ' Set d...

Using combo boxes to link data in tables
Hi I am setting up a database to track my medical expenses. This database also indicates which services have been paid by my medical insurance and which service I need to pay for myself. My first problem is defining the service providers (GP's, Cardiologists, hospitals etc,). I want to be able to categorize the service providers by practice type. To do this I have set up a table for service providers and a table for practice types. I have created a form with the details of the service providers and on this form I want to place a combo box on the form so that a.) I can select one o...

Can I customize my drop-down font list?
There are too many fonts in my drop-down list and it takes me forever to go through them all to find what I'm looking for. I've tried deleting some of the fonts from the fonts file, but haven't had a lot of success. Sometimes they delete, sometimes they don't. There are dozens of fonts that are so similar to each other that it's hard to see the difference, and I'd like to cull the ones I never use. Get yourself a font manager. There are free managers around and there are better ones that you will have to buy. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+fon...

Can't delete sent messages
I hope I have the right forum. For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. Carol NS >-----Original Message----- >I hope I have the right forum. >For some reason Outlook Express is not letting me delete >sent items. Any suggestions appreciated. > >Carol NS >. >Having the same problem today. Don't know why. To find out I am contacting my cable company since the cable modem works with Outlook Express. In the meantime I found a temporary solution. Right click on a sent message and then click send to folder. ...

Can you change the # of places for percentages in xcel charts
I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage format to include more than one # place? Hi, Select the cells you want formatted and click the Increase Decimals button on the Formatting toolbar as many times as necessary. -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Headmistress05" wrote: > I have some data that = less than 1% of the total amount, and want to display > it as 0.xxx instead of "0" percent. Is there a way to change the percentage > format ...

using data from ascii file?
I know how to get my formulas to pull data from another workbook... but what if I want it to pull from an ascii, comma-delimited file? Then I am not sure if it can recognize columns/rows? Suggestions? Thanks- -- Nicki Taylor Bring the .csv file into excel and save it as a .xls file. Then use that in your formula. NTaylor wrote: > > I know how to get my formulas to pull data from another workbook... but what > if I want it to pull from an ascii, comma-delimited file? Then I am not sure > if it can recognize columns/rows? Suggestions? Thanks- > -- > Nicki Taylor ...

Benefits of Using Excel for Accounting
Hello � What are the benefits of using Excel for accounting purpose? What ar the remarkable features will help me in accounting? Thank you, Kat -- ilovetak ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ilovetako's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2760 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47123 You may be better served by buying software specifically intended for accounting. On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 16:08:36 -0500, ilovetako <ilovetako.1w1fqb_1127858703.7289@excelforum-nospam.com> wr...

Using Microsoft Publisher
When I print my label that I did on Microsoft Publisher the green color prints out black. All my print levels are good. What could cause this? Have you gone through the cleaning process that most printers offer. You may have a clogged cartridge. Refer to your printer manual. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "DeeAnn" <DeeAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A265A7E4-01EC-4401-8134-43A0384DECAD@microsoft.com... > When I print my label that I did on Microsoft Publisher the green color > prints out black. All my print levels are good. What coul...

create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard?
How do I create a user input query so it can be added on the switchboard? I need to create a way for a user to input/select specific parms, press a button, then alacazam! Their query appears! (If you can't tell, the user's are unfamilar w/Access so it has to be easy for them.) I'll be adding this to the current switchboard. Thanks for any help! Thanks Chris! I'll give it a shot when I return to work Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes! Have a great weekend! Star "Chris2" wrote: > > "Star Taylor" <StarTaylor@discussions.microsoft.c...

Use checkboxes with linked external data?
I have a number of columns for which I want to use a checkbox for each row. The problem is, since I'm using external data, the number of rows in the sheet will vary based on the query I'm using. The "Fill down formulas..." option in the Data Range Properties doesn't seem to have an effect on the checkbox behavior. Is there any way to make the Cell Link in the check box properties dynamic? Is there a way to make the checkbox behave like a formula? i.e. When my query returns 4 rows, I get 4 checkboxes linked to the appropriate cell. When I have 15 rows, I get 15 ch...

How can I resize automaticly the shape
If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de resize teh shap automaticly On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 07:00:01 -0700, fokke <fokke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If text is longer dan standard format of the shape, is it possible then de >resize teh shap automaticly You can edit the shapesheet of the shape (you may want to create a new master shape with these added properties) and set the folowing: width: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTWIDTH(TheText)+5 mm,30 mm)) height: =GUARD(MAX(TEXTHEIGHT(TheText,Width)+1 mm,10 mm)) -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. ...