Can a particular event be excluded from system event log?

I'm running XP Pro SP3 and my system log is difficult to monitor because
it's overwhelmed by hundreds of innocuous information events, all with
the same event number. Is there a way of preventing these particular
events from appearing in the log, short of filtering out all information
type events?

The PC is an HP DC6005 MT with integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics.
Offending event details are: Source - ati2mtag; Category - DVD-OV; ID -
62464; User- N/A; Description - UVD Information.

The events are associated with video rendering and can be suppressed by
modifying overlay settings in relevant applications, VLC Media Player
and Hauppage WinTV 7 in my case, but at the expense of visibly
compromised performance by WinTV.

Google searches suggests that I'll just have to tolerate the problem,
which is long-standing, but it is irritating so I'd be grateful if
anyone can offer a solution.

--

Dick K
0

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=138421

0
FUKNUBCAMPR
9/6/2010 7:30:19 AM
On 06/09/2010 08:30, FUKNUBCAMPR wrote:
> http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=138421

Many thanks for the link. The solution proposed in the post by Your
Fairy Godmother seems to have worked:

"... edit the registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Atierecord\eRecordEnable

and set it to 0. Then reboot. You have to do that every time you install
a new driver."

--

Dick K
0

Can this be done............
Pub 2003 Is there a way to rotate a bullet? I'm using a bullet that looks like the right hand giving the OK sign (in the US, the rest of the world reads it a bit differently). I'd like to rotate it the symbol 90� counterclockwise. I know, this is a really strange request but I have a reason for wanting to do this, other than making my bullet multi-cultural. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier Wingdings has them all ways. Just select one from the font. -- David - you got my hopes up ...

System Error
When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I am running windows XP SP2. Please advise how I can fix this error. JGee You might wish to post in the XP forum. The GP forum is for Great Plains people. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "JGee" wrote: > When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the erro...

can u convert a mac font to pc for me? (reply and i'll send it to ur e mail)
I doubt anyone will respond positively to your request. Fonts are usually copyrighted, and converting them would be a violation of that copyright. This is especially true if the font is a commercial font. Can you not find a Mac equivalent? I believe I've run across freeware converters for just this purpose. You might try versiontracker. I know I found something to convert some fonts I absolutely needed in a bind (but I have since forgotten). "serdar" <serdarsoy@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:elqKvj0cFHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > In addition,...

EXCDO Event ID 8263
I originally posted this to the exchange2000.development newsgroup, but received no response. I am hoping that someone that regularly reads the posts in the related newsgroups might have some idea... We are developing an application integrated with Exchange 2000 using CDO and the Event Sink technology. The problem being experienced relates to the identification of all appointments for a recurring appointment. This is being done by performing a SELECT SQL statement over a date range (accomodating for the funky backwards usage syntax necessary to find appointments), which works fine in the de...

I can send but I cant receive email?
I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? My car won't run. Any suggestions? "sara jo" <sara jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA72D41A-47C8-4A48-A61C-59C5286FD898@microsoft.com... :I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? sara jo wrote: > I can send but I cant receive email? any suggestions? You really thought anyone could troubleshoot your problem with such a ridiculous absence of details? --- Posting Hints --- ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER than yourse...

Can't See Word Check Boxes in Outlook
I have a Word Document that I wish to send via the File->Send To->Mail Recipient once it is filled in. The document has questions that require the User to select a check box for the different selections (Excellent, Good, Poor, Very Poor). When I send the document, the check boxes show up in Outlook, however when the email arrives the check boxes are no longer there. Is there a way to have the check boxes show up in the email, or, are they somehow being stripped? ...

can i change the read receipt
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The read receipt by default set by outlook can be changed if yes pls. = let me know how ??? ITDuke ------=_NextPart_000_0108_01C6AD7D.3E5D58A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"te...

Help please, can't start up!!
When I start the PC, after the loading bar for Microsoft thing finishes,instead of going to login screen it gives me a blue screen, and it says Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. This just happened overnight!!!! Help please. :( -- Excessive Here are some hints ( 'Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA' (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms793437.aspx) ). Try starting the system in safe mode (keep tapping F8 after power-on). -- whs Additional info: - I use Spyware Doctor scan every few days - I left my computer on for the night like always,and ...

Can you load pre-GP sales history?
When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? We'd like to be able to create life-to-date detailed sales reports for our customers, but in order to do so we'd have to load their purchases prior to our installation of GP. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Sure! Simply import the transactions. "Bud" wrote: > When converting to GP from another system, is it possible to load historical > sales data (assuming the invoices are all paid)? > ...

Can't see text box fill colour
I have recently reloaded Office Small Business following a hard drive crash. I made some changes to display in Control Panel Accessibility this time that weren't there before. I've changed back to default but the problem continues. Previously I could fill or border text boxes and see the results in both normal view and print preview. Now the fill/border colour is only visible in print preview. Borders appear as black and fills as white in normal view. Text colours are unaffected. This is making life difficult as white text in a black fill just disappears until I go to pr...

how can text be set up to generate a number?
i would like to a word generate a number, i.e.> enter "apples"in one cell and excel generate "352" in a different cell for items like inventory. Basically You will need to set up a 'Lookup' table somewhere with Apples 352 In two columns. Complete this for all entries and then if you are going to enter 'Apples' on another sheet in A1 then in A2 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Your_Lookup_Range_Address,2,FALSE) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jwmaes" <jwmaes@discussions.microso...

Q: how can I write this macro?
Hello, I am trying to copy-paste a part of an excel file based on the selected cell and create another excel file and save it. Here is the scenario: 1. I clicked E18 (this is an example, it can be D18 or others) and run the macro 2. Macro should select E1-E18 (if D18, then D1-D18) and A1-B18 (so first two columns and selected column up to the row the cell selected) 3. copy selected area 4. Create a file test.xls 5. paste it into first cell (I assume this will combine all three columns together, so the data will be in A.B and C columns, not in A,B and E (or D)) 6. save file How can I do t...

Can't open spreadsheet from website
I can't open an Excel 2000 document in IE6. An Excel window opens but the spreadsheet won't display. The document contains several worksheets and one contains a textbox (which might be a problem). I need to be able to view, from this website, 22 worksheets per catagory with 4 catagories total. Help!!! ...

Can an item you have purchased in the past become a BOM?
We are currently purchasing an item from a vendor (PO history, order history etc) that we are planning on manufacturing ourselves in the next month. I've been tasked to see if there will be any issues with using the same part number we currently ORDER from a vendor to change it into a BOM in the future. I've tested this out in our test company and cannot find any reason why we cannot use the same part number - we simply would not be able to ORDER that part any longer from anyone. Has anyone else ever gone through this process before? any issues? OR is it better to give this i...

Mail in Outbox can take several hours to go out
Using Outlook 2000 on WinXP Pro system. Outgoing mail sits in the Outbox for two or more hours before it goes out and appears in sent mail. Occasionally outgoing mail will not go out at all. This occurs with both new email or replies. Receive mail okay. Just a send problem. Anyone have an idea what is going on? wow... that is awesome... unfortunately, Outlook did not enterthe birthdays into the Calendar for the imported contacts, it only does it for each contact created in outlook... hehe... I will get it though; thank you very much for finding that for me, it will still...

Can multiple cell results be displayed in a single cell?
Is it possible to display the contents of multiple separate cells in another single cell? If the results of several cells say B1, B2, and B3 are the amounts $10, $15 and $20, I would like to display them in cell A1 as follows: $10 $15 $20 I could do this statically by using text and the 'Alt|Enter' function within the cell. However, these amounts will change from time to time so I'd like a link. Is this possible or not? Thanks for any help. Brett Brett One way: In A1: ="$"&B1&CHAR(10)&"$"&B2&CHAR(10)&"$"&B3&am...

Can't enter activation key for Money Plus Deluxe
My activation key for Money Plus Deluxe is composed of one group of two letters and then five groups of five letter/number combinations. I can only enter four letter/number combinations in the activation boxes. When I try to enter the fifth letter/number, I get a "ping" and it won't enter. Therefore, I can't activate my program. Any ideas?? Thanks! Chuck, check out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941425/en-us question 15 might resolve your problem. Hope this helps. -Kevin "Chuck" <chleven@msn.com> wrote in message news:ux$j%23HO9IHA.4608@TK2MSF...

Worksheet Change Event log for multiple cells
Dear All, I have a spreadsheet that is available here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/b02e5h4/n/Worksheet_change_event.zip (although I scanned it for viruses please make sure you do it again prior to opening it as I cannot guarantee it's worm free). I would like to create a log file in an additional sheet (hidden probably) that would record every activity from column E after clicking a button assigned to a cell in that column and show these records in a worksheet Totals in a specific row. For example: Column A from a worksheet „Totals” corresponds with column A in ...

Office 2003
I just installed Office 2003 and I am unable to view my received email messages in the Reading Pane; there is nothing in the pane but “from, to, and the subject”. The reader is blank where the message should be. I know that there is a button somewhere that I need to push. Can someone help me? ...

System.mdw as applies to FE and BE
My FE is secured by AppName.mdw. Now I have to secure the BE. Do I use the same .mdw file? How? Currently my .mdw file resides on the same network drive as my BE. What's to prevent someone from deleting the .mdw file? Where should the .mdw file be located for a multiuser app so that it can't be deleted or somehow corrupted by a malicious user? Hi, David. > My FE is secured by AppName.mdw. Now I have to secure the BE. Do I use the > same .mdw file? How? Don't use the Database Splitter Wizard to split the secure database. Your back end will end up unsecured. Oh, ...

How can I fill 2nd worksheet (in different order) with data from 1st worksheet? #2
Please help. I have a large amount of data where the 1st worksheet serves as the basis for the second. I want to have the second sheet filled automatically, based on information in the first. This is my set up. This Sheet is Called Payroll Data A B C D ............ H I Name Job Description Status Reg RegFB OT-FB 5 Adams, John Butcher FT $ 36.23 0.4321 0.0974 6 Mason, George Baker PT $ 18.56 0.4367 0.0974 7 Richter, Thomas CndlestkMkr T $ 22.11 0.4021 0.0732 8 Wilson, James President FT $ 66.99 0.5355 0.0974 This sheet is called FAL - Analysis A B C D ............. A...

can grow / can shrink , control position conflict
I've got a report with several text boxes and/or sub-reports in the detail section, and I'm having trouble keeping their horizontal alignments as needed. Maybe someone can clue me into the "caviats" (or to a usefull source that goes into the details and work-arounds...) Many thanks in advance, Mark Here's the conditions I've got... - the detail section is organized in three (3) columns (these are purly graphic, and comply with the "format" of the report) - in each column are 1 to seveal text boxes and/or sub-reports, - currently the firs...

Slendertone Men's Flex Abdominal Toning System Belt
Price:$149.99 Image: http://megadiscountguru.info/image.php?id=B0006JJFOC Best deal: http://megadiscountguru.info/index.php?id=B0006JJFOC I wasn't sure About this product the first time I saw it. I was quite skeptical but a month later I saw it again and had the money So I said why not. Well I can tell you this works the hell out of your abs, the intensity level is ridiculous. I went max one day but couldn't do it the next because it was to much, I had to drop it down by 10. I work out and trying to lose my gut, though I cant see my 6pack yet My abs feel super tight to a point w...

Event 8213 Appears in Exchange 2000 Server Event Viewer
Hi: I was wondering if anyone's seen this error before and been able to get it resolved. "System Attendant Service failed to create session for virtual machine <SERVERNAME>. The error number is 0x80044501. " We get this error logged in our Application Log every 50 minutes. The below KB article supposedly addresses this error, but with Exchange 2000 Service Pack 3, there is no way (I've found) to "Reset the Administrative Group's Service Account" as step 12 of the article indicates. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q296151 An...

MSExchangeTransport Error (Event ID 999)
After migrating SBS 2003 (w/Exchange Server 2003 SP2) to new hardware, we are continuously receiving the error below in the Event Log. It does not appear to be having any other impact on the system. I have not been able to find anything out there, which references this situation. Can anyone provide some insight? ============================= Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 999 Date: 9/25/2006 Time: 9:59:52 AM User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: Routing failed to acquire the handle to the existing key container...