Saving websites when shutting down

I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I have
Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug the
computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE gives
me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.  If I
shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.  Is
there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the website urls but it
would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.
0
Robert
12/5/2009 5:45:33 AM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 12/4/2009 11:45 PM, Robert wrote:
> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I have
> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
> computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug the
> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE gives
> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.  If I
> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.  Is
> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
> pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the website urls but it
> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

I don't know myself as I use Firefox which gives you the option to start
the program with the tabs from the previous session.  But perhaps you
might have better luck in fionding the asnwer to your question in the
Internet Explorer groups instead.  You'll find people who are much more
knowledgable about IE there.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

0
Roy
12/5/2009 4:58:38 PM
Try pushing Ctrl button at shutdown>standby with the web pages left open.

Frank

"Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I have
> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
> computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug the
> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE
> gives
> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.  If
> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.  Is
> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
> pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the website urls but
> it
> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
FrankV
12/5/2009 7:56:02 PM
<<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not need to
unplug no more!!!

"Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I have
> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
> computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug the
> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE
> gives
> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.  If
> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.  Is
> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
> pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the website urls but
> it
> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Hot
12/5/2009 10:40:54 PM
P.S
Go http://www.opera.com/browser/   the option of restoring my previous
sessions

Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser    the option of restoring my
previous sessions not in this live time!!
MayBe  (IE999) when it came out!

"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> <<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not need
> to unplug no more!!!
>

> "Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I have
>> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
>> computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug the
>> computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on again IE
>> gives
>> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.  If
>> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.  Is
>> there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE without
>> pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the website urls but
>> it
>> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Hot
12/5/2009 11:00:57 PM
Thank you.
Roy Smith <rasmith1959@live.com> wrote in

> On 12/4/2009 11:45 PM, Robert wrote:
>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>> off the computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just
>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>> on again IE gives   me the option of restoring my previous sessions.
>> This is convenient.  If I shut the computer down correctly before I
>> go, IE does not offer this.  Is there any way to get the computer to
>> save the sessions in IE without pulling the plug out?  I know I can
>> just write down the website urls but it would be nice.  I cannot
>> afford another computer.
>

> I don't know myself as I use Firefox which gives you the option to
> start the program with the tabs from the previous session.  But
> perhaps you might have better luck in fionding the asnwer to your
> question in the Internet Explorer groups instead.  You'll find people
> who are much more knowledgable about IE there.

0
Robert
12/8/2009 5:21:04 AM
Thank you.
"FrankV" <vze32975@verizon.net> wrote in

> Try pushing Ctrl button at shutdown>standby with the web pages left
> open.
>
> Frank
>
> "Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>>have
>> Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn off the
>> computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just unplug
>> the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it on
>> again IE gives
>> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.
>>  If I
>> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.
>>  Is there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE
>> without pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the
>> website urls but it
>> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Robert
12/8/2009 5:21:42 AM
Will give it a try.  Thank you.
"Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in

> <<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not
> need to unplug no more!!!
>

> "Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>> off the computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just
>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>> on again IE gives
>> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.
>>  If I
>> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.
>>  Is there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE
>> without pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the
>> website urls but it
>> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Robert
12/8/2009 5:22:15 AM
Thank you.

> P.S
> Go http://www.opera.com/browser/   the option of restoring my previous
> sessions
>
> Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) browser    the option of restoring
> my previous sessions not in this live time!!
> MayBe  (IE999) when it came out!
>

> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> <<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not
>> need to unplug no more!!!
>>

>> "Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>>> off the computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just
>>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>>> on again IE gives
>>> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is
>>> convenient.  If I
>>> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer
>>> this.  Is there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in
>>> IE without pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the
>>> website urls but it
>>> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Robert
12/8/2009 5:22:40 AM
Your Welcome Robert
It work for me I a man always on the run too!

> Will give it a try.  Thank you.
> "Hot-text" <hot-text@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> <<< Start << log off << Switch User<<< Shut down<< And you will not
>> need to unplug no more!!!
>>

>> "Robert" <readydougREMOVEERMVOE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>>> off the computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just
>>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>>> on again IE gives
>>> me the option of restoring my previous sessions.  This is convenient.
>>>  If I
>>> shut the computer down correctly before I go, IE does not offer this.
>>>  Is there any way to get the computer to save the sessions in IE
>>> without pulling the plug out?  I know I can just write down the
>>> website urls but it
>>> would be nice.  I cannot afford another computer.

0
Hot
12/9/2009 1:04:55 AM
In news:%23SHpywcdKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Roy Smith <rasmith1959@live.com> typed:
> On 12/4/2009 11:45 PM, Robert wrote:
>> I have a laptop computer with Windows XP Professional.  Sometimes I
>> have Ineternet Explorer open to several sights when I need to turn
>> off the computer and take it with me.  I have notices that if I just
>> unplug the computer (and disconnect the battery) that when I turn it
>> on again IE gives me the option of restoring my previous sessions.
>> This is convenient.  If I shut the computer down correctly before I
>> go, IE does not offer this.  Is there any way to get the computer to
>> save the sessions in IE without pulling the plug out?  I know I can
>> just write down the website urls but it would be nice.  I cannot
>> afford another computer.
>

> I don't know myself as I use Firefox which gives you the option to
> start the program with the tabs from the previous session.  But
> perhaps you might have better luck in fionding the asnwer to your
> question in the Internet Explorer groups instead.  You'll find people
> who are much more knowledgable about IE there.

IE8 provides a similar function for saving a group of site URLs and
reopening them all at once too later on.  It works, but of course it is not
going to re-establish all the internet connections automatically until you
call for it to open them.
   FireFox is a bit easier to use that way, and more flexible, but it's a
user-preference type of think IMO.
   And yeah, this would be better asked in the IE groups.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Saving Graphics in Outlook 2000
I belong to a graphics group and from time to time would like to save graphics that come in email. When I right click>save picture as> I get a ..bmp option to save and would prefer to save as either a jpg or a gif. If I manually type in .gif, I loose the animation. Is it possible to save a graphic in the format that it was inserted in the email? Thanks for the help. I have exactly the same problem with Outlook. AND deleting the "ofline content" does not work at all. Can anyone help on this one. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from htt...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Saving
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? Thanks, John Which version? On 9/05/08 4:41 AM, in article ee9ae38.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Full_Bloom@officeformac.com" <Full_Bloom@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > In windows powerpoint how do I save an "individual" slide (not the whole > powerpoint presentation) to a PDF file? > Thanks, > John -- ...

Saving e-mail including attachments problem
Saving Outlook e-mail including attachments has alwawys worked until recently. Can still save an e-mail but the attachemnts disappear. Please help! ...

Trouble shutting down
I am trying to figure out why my computer (XP/SP3) seems to have trouble shutting down from time to time. Several days ago I shut it down. Or thought I did. Obviously I was in a hurry and did not sit watching it for the usual long time the shut down usually takes. Came back to restart it today and at first I thought it had read my mind and started up on its own. Then I realized it had never finished shutting down. Apparently a program was not responding and Windows was asking me what did I want to do? A question like this is probably even more inane of the things Windows ma...

Which files to save to save the whole OS design?
Hi, I am not sure which files I need to save to be able to rebuild the whole OS design later or on another PC. I read that I don't need to save everything in my OS design folder. But is the solution file and the *.pbxml enough? Thank you for any help Martin Yes.Only .sln and .pbxml files are enough to rebuild your OSDesign folder in another PC. If you have any subprojects created on it then you need to backup the whole subproject folder. -- Regards, Prabu http://prabukumar.wordpress.com/ "Martin M" <MartinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Preparing a Access Database for a Website
Preparing a database for the Internet website: Whether it's php, asp, or PERL or any other odbc language, the database should be prepared, right? I mean encryption, etc. Is the database editable while it is encrypted? ...

Messages not saved in Sent Items Folder
Outlook 2003. Some messages are not being saved to the Sent Items Folder even though it is checked in the options. Does not matter whether is a reply, forward or a new email. It is seemingly random with most messages being saved correctly to the Sent Items Folder. Any Ideas? Thanks, Hugo I have a similar problem, along the lines of the below: When i type email and attempt to send when not connected (due to temporary connectivity issues and when unable to connect), the mail is saved in Outbox. When next connected, the mail is sent *but* the mail is not saved in sent items folder. Sending wh...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Saving a filter?
I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now I want to save this as a separate sheet! Press CTRL + A Right-click > Copy Click on a new sheet Right-click on A1 > Paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "rik84" <rik84@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B03A1D87-0215-4E3F-B5C7-23B6D70CFE92@microsoft.com... > I am sorting a large spreadsheet. I have filtered down to my chosen rows, now > I want to save this as a separate sheet! Or use (in a stand...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

CRM Exchange website
I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of my websites that do not have exchange? Thanks I do not think it matters which website you use. However, the router will not affect OWA if that is your concern. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:55:06 -0700, "Michael Alexio" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I have installed the exchange conector do I need to use the exchange website as the default or can I use any of ...

I need to save templates in a different way. Anyone know a soluti
I am a lawyer building precedents for my law firm. Here is the problem. I have about 100 separate macro-enabled templates created in my documents folder. I have created a separate folder for shortcuts. There I put shortcuts to each of the commonly used templates I have, and I have assigned hotkeys to them (F1-F12, ctrl-alt A-Z). Now here is the problem. Because I cannot save over a template (when I edit it for changes in the law) and instead have to save it with a different name, I lose the connection to the hotkey, which is linked to that particular document. I do not wa...

Need for Free Personal website
Dear Microsoft, I am regular custemer of microsoft product. I want know how I get my personal web site free? Thank you. Hi, Endale. > Dear Microsoft, Sorry. Microsoft doesn't generally monitor these newsgroups to read and answer questions that aren't submitted through TechNet subscriptions. Non-TechNet questions posted here are answered by volunteers worldwide and occasional Microsoft employees in their own free time. > I am regular custemer of microsoft product. I want know how I get my > personal web site free? One doesn't need to be a customer of any Mi...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

save to sub folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel As previous PC user my documents are organized in several layers of folder (folder - sub folder - sub sub folder, etc) When I tried to save email atachement I can only get into the main folder (can not get into sub folder or sub sub folder). Same problem occur when I create a new file (excel, word or PW) when I do 'save as' I can not chose the specific folder that I want to. Any advice? Many thanks Paulina Welcome to the Mac! This is actually an Apple thing, not an Office thing, so remember it--you might run ...

How can I print documents saved separately in My Pictures back-to-
Need to print scanned docs saved in My Pictures back-to-back to save paper. How? I know about Print-properties-Duplex, but these are all separate files, so not sure how to do it. Help! To use Word to do it, you would have to insert all of the scanned documents into a Word document and then print that document in duplex mode. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "anno" <anno@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Saving data to Jpeg or gif
I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. I have tried copying the data and pasting into "Paint" and then saving as an image. This works...but some data disappears in the strangest way. Very strange. All of the data gets copied but some is missing when you look at the image. Does anybody know a simple way to save Excel data as an image ? Thanks, Grinch Andy Pope has a free add-in that you can use to export images: http://www.andypope.info/vba/gex.htm Grinch wrote: > I'm trying to save a large block of Excel data as an image file. ...

Save Query Results as table to another Access Database
I have an access database that users use to pull reports (stored procs in sql server) and it paste the data on 4 sheets in excel. Occasionally the reports are too big for excel. I'd like to develop a similar database that saves the results of the 4 stored procs as tables in a new Access database. right now I have it returning the results as a query. How do I save the results in another database? Thanks, -- Billy Rogers Dallas,TX Currently Using SQL Server 2000, Office 2000 and Office 2003 Hi Billy The following SQL statement should do it for you: SELECT * INTO [TableName] I...

"Save As" Missing in File Menu
When I go to my File menu, the "save as" option isn't there. It was there until recently. Any ideas? -z Matt, It would appear that the File menu has had that item deleted. To reset it, use menu View>Toolbars>Customize Select Worksheet Menu Bar at the bottom click Reset. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Matt Harvey" <zero@somethingsowrong.com> wrote in message news:3FC3B66A.70103@somethingsowrong.com... > When I go to my File menu, the "...

How can I get an attachment in Outlook 2007 to save?
I have a few people, who when trying to save an attachment, get a message "Cannot save the attachment." This extends over different files (doc, xls, pdf). There ends up a Zero byte file, where they were trying to save. I tested to see if it was something like the Outlook Temporary folder problem - When a file is opened 99 times, in Outlook, the file can no longer be saved, until you find the Hidden OLKxxxx (or similar) file, that you had to go to Regedit to find. I removed ALL files from this folder. But, problem still there. People using Ms-Office 2007 Professional, wi...

Can't Save As .gif
When I right click on a .gif file that has been sent to me in Outlook 2003 I only have the option to save as .bmp. If I then sent the E-mail to myself and open with Outlook Express I have the option to save as .gif or .bmp when it is right clicked. What do I have set wrong in Outlook 2003? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/saveembeddedpictures.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Roger D. Thompson" <rdtthompson@yahoo.com>...

Saving Selected Cells to a Text File w/o using a VBA script
I am trying to save only a range of cells in a worksheet to a tab-delimited text file. I have seen entries posted in this discussion group and have implemented a VBA script (based on some recommnedations posted) that does what I need to do. But my question is: Is there a way to save only a selected portion of a worksheet within a workbook to a text file? (i.e., NOT the entire worksheet, just a selection of cells). Thanks for any help you can give. Hi without VBA not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "patm" <patm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im...

File Save Properties
Does anyone know how to access the properties for the last date/time an .xls file was saved within VBA? Thanks. D Hi Daniel, Dim dateLastSave As Date dateLastSave = FileDateTime(ThisWorkbook.Name) MsgBox dateLastSave Note: ThisWorkbook.Name can be replaced with the name of the workbook in double quotes and it can be any other workbook as well as the current one. However, will need to include the path if it is not in the current default path. Example (In current default path): dateLastSave = FileDateTime("My Other workbook.xls") -- Regards, Oss...