Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument

Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument

I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error message.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?

Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
Backup.
I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Docster
1/22/2010 11:46:37 PM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

[X-post to OE General]

The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only be
using OE Quick Backup now.

Docster wrote:
> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>
> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error message.
> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>
> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
> Backup.
> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
PA
1/23/2010 12:13:29 AM
I get the same results no matter which one I use.
Have been using both successfully until now.

Docster wrote:
> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>
> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error message.
> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>
> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
> Backup.
> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Docster
1/23/2010 12:24:03 AM
On 23/01/2010 10:46, Docster wrote:
> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error message.
> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
> Backup.
> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

This error message is produced by the Visual Basic runtime. I'd guess
that OE Quick Backup was written in Visual Basic; and for some reason,
the VB runtime is having a problem on your machine.

A quick way to try and fix the problem would be to re-install OE Quick
Backup, using the download version which contains the full VB Runtime,
bundled (I just looked at their website):

     http://www.oehelp.com/oebackup/default.asp

Alternatively, you can install (or re-install) the Visual Basic Runtime
files, from here:

     http://support.microsoft.com/gp/vbruntime

If it keeps failing after that ... I dunno. Even if it is a problem in
the OS, you may need to contact the app's author, to find out what is
causing the error message.

Hope it helps,

Andrew

--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

0
Andrew
1/23/2010 12:52:59 AM
Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup

that might fix the problem.

steve

"Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
> Have been using both successfully until now.

> [X-post to OE General]
>
> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only
> be
> using OE Quick Backup now.
>
> Docster wrote:
>> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>>
>> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
>> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error
>> message.
>> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>>
>> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
>> Backup.
>> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Steve
1/23/2010 12:52:17 PM
Steve,
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice. It
didn't correct it either.
James

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup

that might fix the problem.

steve

"Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
> Have been using both successfully until now.

> [X-post to OE General]
>
> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only
> be
> using OE Quick Backup now.
>
> Docster wrote:
>> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>>
>> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
>> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error
>> message.
>> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>>
>> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
>> Backup.
>> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Docster
1/25/2010 3:44:27 PM
Try changing the backup directory to something else.

At what point in the program do you get the error message?  Is there
anything in the output directory, or is it empty after running the program
and getting the error?

> Steve,
> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice.
> It
> didn't correct it either.
> James
>

> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
> reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup
>
> that might fix the problem.
>
> steve
>
> "Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
>> Have been using both successfully until now.

>> [X-post to OE General]
>>
>> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only
>> be
>> using OE Quick Backup now.
>>
>> Docster wrote:
>>> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>>>
>>> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
>>> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error
>>> message.
>>> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>>>
>>> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
>>> Backup.
>>> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Steve
1/26/2010 1:02:54 PM
When I run the program it acts like it is making copies and backing up then
I get this run time error 5.
When I open the backup folder I have registry backups but not files
which I can import etc.
I tried to attach jpegs of the the images but the send was rejected as being
to large.

Try changing the backup directory to something else.

At what point in the program do you get the error message?  Is there
anything in the output directory, or is it empty after running the program
and getting the error?

steve

"Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message

> Steve,
> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice.
> It
> didn't correct it either.
> James
>

> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
> reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup
>
> that might fix the problem.
>
> steve
>
> "Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
>> Have been using both successfully until now.

>> [X-post to OE General]
>>
>> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only
>> be
>> using OE Quick Backup now.
>>
>> Docster wrote:
>>> Run-time error 5:Invalid procedure call or argument
>>>
>>> I have been running a small app to backup OE for years (same app without
>>> updates its) and now all of a sudden I am getting the above error
>>> message.
>>> Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this message to pop up?
>>>
>>> Oh, the app is Outlook Express Freeby Backup and Outlook Express Quickie
>>> Backup.
>>> I feel certain the problem is with the OS its self

0
Docster
1/26/2010 8:17:47 PM
On 23/01/2010 23:52, Steve Cochran wrote:
> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can

An "error 5" does indicate Access Denied, *if* it comes from a Windows
component; as shown in WinError.h

  #define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L

But in this case, the "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or
argument" clearly matches the Visual Basic Runtime's "error 5", which
means that there was, well, an invalid procedure call or argument :-)

So the error here means that the VB runtime which drives this OE backup
application is unable to call one of the application's methods, rather
than anything to do with permissions.

As per my separate reply to the OP, I'd recommend making sure the VB
bits are in good order.

Sorry to be pedantic :-) but just had to throw this in.

Cheers

Andrew

--
amclar at optusnet dot com dot au
0
Andrew
1/26/2010 8:33:02 PM
"Invalid procedure call or argument" is a very non-specific error message as
is run time error 5.  Unfortunately the VB code is not accessible, as the
author is no longer accessible (I only host the program on my website
oehelp.com). So the chances of debugging the code are nil, which is why I
asked docster what the steps were leading to the error.

steve

"Andrew McLaren" <andrew@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> On 23/01/2010 23:52, Steve Cochran wrote:
>> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
>> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
>
> An "error 5" does indicate Access Denied, *if* it comes from a Windows
> component; as shown in WinError.h
>
>  #define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L
>
> But in this case, the "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or
> argument" clearly matches the Visual Basic Runtime's "error 5", which
> means that there was, well, an invalid procedure call or argument :-)
>
> So the error here means that the VB runtime which drives this OE backup
> application is unable to call one of the application's methods, rather
> than anything to do with permissions.
>
> As per my separate reply to the OP, I'd recommend making sure the VB bits
> are in good order.
>
> Sorry to be pedantic :-) but just had to throw this in.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

0
Steve
1/27/2010 1:38:04 PM
You can email them to me and maybe we can figure out the issue.

> When I run the program it acts like it is making copies and backing up
> then
> I get this run time error 5.
> When I open the backup folder I have registry backups but not files
> which I can import etc.
> I tried to attach jpegs of the the images but the send was rejected as
> being
> to large.
>

> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> Try changing the backup directory to something else.
>
> At what point in the program do you get the error message?  Is there
> anything in the output directory, or is it empty after running the program
> and getting the error?
>
> steve
>
> "Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Steve,
>> Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice.
>> It
>> didn't correct it either.
>> James
>>

>> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
>> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
>> reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:
>>
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup
>>
>> that might fix the problem.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Docster" <jimholladay@verizon.net> wrote in message
>>>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
>>> Have been using both successfully until now.

>>> [X-post to OE General]
>>>
>>> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago.  You should only
>>> be
>>> using OE Quick Backup now.

0
Steve
1/27/2010 1:38:24 PM
"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message news:846CD358-1BBE-456F-82D7-4B2DD938BBA1@microsoft.com...
> "Invalid procedure call or argument" is a very non-specific error message as
> is run time error 5.  Unfortunately the VB code is not accessible, as the
> author is no longer accessible (I only host the program on my website
> oehelp.com). So the chances of debugging the code are nil, which is why I
> asked docster what the steps were leading to the error.

Ever tried running it under DependencyWalker's Profiler feature?   <eg>
--while monitoring both with ProcMon?    <EG>

---

> steve
>
> "Andrew McLaren" <andrew@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> On 23/01/2010 23:52, Steve Cochran wrote:
>>> Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether the
>>> output directory has the correct permissions to write to.  Also you can
>>
>> An "error 5" does indicate Access Denied, *if* it comes from a Windows
>> component; as shown in WinError.h
>>
>>  #define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L
>>
>> But in this case, the "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or
>> argument" clearly matches the Visual Basic Runtime's "error 5", which
>> means that there was, well, an invalid procedure call or argument :-)
>>
>> So the error here means that the VB runtime which drives this OE backup
>> application is unable to call one of the application's methods, rather
>> than anything to do with permissions.
>>
>> As per my separate reply to the OP, I'd recommend making sure the VB bits
>> are in good order.
>>
>> Sorry to be pedantic :-) but just had to throw this in.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andrew
>>
>> --
>> amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

0
Robert
1/27/2010 10:22:35 PM
No, because I don't have the problem.  It won't help for me to diagnose
something on a machine that isn't sick.

steve

> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>> "Invalid procedure call or argument" is a very non-specific error message
>> as
>> is run time error 5.  Unfortunately the VB code is not accessible, as the
>> author is no longer accessible (I only host the program on my website
>> oehelp.com). So the chances of debugging the code are nil, which is why I
>> asked docster what the steps were leading to the error.
>

> Ever tried running it under DependencyWalker's Profiler feature?   <eg>
> --while monitoring both with ProcMon?    <EG>
>

> ---
>

>> steve
>>
>> "Andrew McLaren" <andrew@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> An "error 5" does indicate Access Denied, *if* it comes from a Windows
>>> component; as shown in WinError.h
>>>
>>>  #define ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED              5L
>>>
>>> But in this case, the "Runtime error 5: Invalid procedure call or
>>> argument" clearly matches the Visual Basic Runtime's "error 5", which
>>> means that there was, well, an invalid procedure call or argument :-)
>>>
>>> So the error here means that the VB runtime which drives this OE backup
>>> application is unable to call one of the application's methods, rather
>>> than anything to do with permissions.
>>>
>>> As per my separate reply to the OP, I'd recommend making sure the VB
>>> bits
>>> are in good order.
>>>
>>> Sorry to be pedantic :-) but just had to throw this in.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> --
>>> amclar at optusnet dot com dot au

0
Steve
1/28/2010 1:49:03 PM
On Jan 26, 3:17=A0pm, "Docster" <jimholla...@verizon.net> wrote:
> When I run the program it acts like it is making copies and backing up th=
en
> I get this run time error 5.
> When I open the backup folder I have registry backups but not files
> which I can import etc.
> I tried to attach jpegs of the the images but the send was rejected as be=
ing
> to large.
>
> "Steve Cochran" <scoch...@oehelp.com> wrote in message

> Try changing the backup directory to something else.
>
> At what point in the program do you get the error message? =A0Is there
> anything in the output directory, or is it empty after running the progra=
> and getting the error?
>
> steve
>
> "Docster" <jimholla...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > Steve,
> > Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it after your suggestion but no dice=
..
> > It
> > didn't correct it either.
> > James
>
> > "Steve Cochran" <scoch...@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> > Error 5 indicates a permissions issue, so you might consider whether th=
> > output directory has the correct permissions to write to. =A0Also you c=
an
> > reset the program by deleting this key in the Registry:
>
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OEBackup
>
> > that might fix the problem.
>
> > steve
>
> > "Docster" <jimholla...@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >>I get the same results no matter which one I use.
> >> Have been using both successfully until now.
>
> >> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> [X-post to OE General]
>
> >> The author withdrew OE Freebie Backup over 5 years ago. =A0You should =
only
> >> be
> >> using OE Quick Backup now.

Error 5 is generally a permission problem.

Which of these programs are you using, where did you download it, etc.

I want to download it myself and see if I have the problem and then
figure out what to do about it that does not involve guessing or
trying things that might work.

You cannot attach screenshots here, but here is what you can do:

Take a screenshot of what you see and upload the screenshot to one of
several
free picture hosting WWW sites.

When you are done, we will be able to see what you are seeing.

To create and post a screenshot:

Press the Print Scrn button to copy your entire screen to the Windows
clipboard.

Press Alt Print Scrn to copy just the active window to the Windows
clipboard.

Open MS Paint:

Start, Program Accessories, Paint

When Paint opens, press CTRL-V to paste the clipboard, save the new
Paint file
to your desktop or someplace you can remember.  JPG files take up less
hard
disk space than BMP files and just as readable.

Make as many screenshots as you need.  Practice makes perfect.  Be
careful your
screenshot does not contain any personal information.  Practice
viewing your images
before you upload them to be sure they are okay.

Some sites will let you attach a file directly to your post.  If the
site has some kind of attachment/upload function it is usually easiest
just to use it.

If there is no such function then use a free third party image hosting
WWW site.

Create a free account on some free picture hosting web site.  You can
always remove
your account later if you want.  Here are some free image hosting
sites:

http://www.imageshack.us/
http://photobucket.com/

Using your free account, upload your screenshot(s) (the JPG or BMP
files) to the
site and it will return to you a URL web address (a link) for your new
image(s)
that you can paste in a message post, email, etc.

When you are done, what you post for others to use should look
something like this:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6428/taskmanagerr.jpg

Post that URL web address back here in your response and we can click
on the
address and see your screenshot.  Post as many as you need - the sites
are free.
0
Jose

RNDIS, WLK 1.5, crash
Moin, I test a RNDIS device which is connected via USB to the host. During power management tests the RNDIS driver part usb8023x.sys holds the IRP too long and the driver verifier complains about it with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver is causing an inconsistent power state. The tests fail on XP x86 SP 3 and Vista x86 SP2. Does MS provide a fixed driver ? Best regards, Stefan P.S.: The first analysis with WInDbg shows ******************************************************************************* * ...

Mirror error message
Hi getting the following error when attempting to start mirroring configuration: The server network address tcp://us-sql01.<mydomain.com>:5022 can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address range and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational. (sql server error 1418) I can ping from both servers to each other, ms firewall is disabled, and port 1433 is enabled in the sql network config....what else am I missing? Thanks ...

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

X Error Bars appearring when it is not set
Hi, I am using the ErrorBars in my chart. I only want the Y Error Bars to show on my chart and I set it correctly in my program using .ErrorBar Direction:=xlY but it appears as a bug in Microsoft Excel Macro. I tried the method in Article 157110 of the Microsoft Knowledge Base to remove the erronously set X Error Bars as follows and it doesn't seem to work: Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SELECT(""Series 1 X Error Bars"")") Selection.Delete What else should I check or what other method can I use? Is this problem corrected in the the latest Microsoft...

RSS stack error help pls
I need to demo RSS for CRM (VPC image), i install the CRMrss from michaeljon miller site, extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\rss\ change the two .cs files so port include 5555. check the web.config to ensure app key is there for ISV integration. copy the isv.config.xml to the resources folder. go to visual studio 2005 command prompt, go to rss\code to run the make.bat. output from screen is 1 file copied. open the browser, i got the Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown, stack error.. any help? thanks! ...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Exchange Connector Wizard error

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Indiana Time Zone
Indiana, which has always been on Eastern Standard Time, has changed to observe Daylight Savings Time. As we switch computers over, we have noticed that all day appointments now appear in two days during daylight savings time. Is there a patch to fix this issue or do have have to go in and manually change all the appointments. Thanks, Dennis Instruct all your users to change their timezone to the normal Eastern time, and change all your servers likewise. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "d3harvey" <d3harvey@discu...

Day of week time control
Let's say I wanted something to occur at specific times (via DDE) on Sunday, a different thing on Monday -Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri Sat and continue over and over. I see how I can know the day and time, but to use it in a formula escapes me. The use is for a simple area based light control in my house. Hi Vernon Maybe =IF(AND(WEEKDAY(NOW())=1,HOUR(NOW())>=8,HOUR(NOW())<=17),"Switch on","Switch off") -- Regards Roger Govier "vernon" <there@there> wrote in message news:%23gF0dmcrHHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Let's say I wanted ...

parsing a date and time field #2

How do I make a chart with several times during a day
Hi, This seems like it may be a simple thing, yet I can not for the life of me figure out how to do this (or at least semi-easily with VBing it for a while). I have a simple table filled with the following information (example for simplicity): 12pm 5pm 10pm 11/20 5 4 7 11/21 5 4 7 11/23 5 4 7 11/24 5 4 7 11/25 5 4 7 So basically I am keeping track of a numeric value three times a day. I would like to make a chart of it with...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

Can't receive EMail #5

Backing Up Outlook #5
How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I backup all my contacts within the address book? Hello, You can do a total backup of your Outlook PST file using a back up program in Outlook. To download the ad in go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx? FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF- 5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en If you have trouble email me at outlook@theblueedge.net Chris >-----Original Message----- >How do I backup copies of all mye-mail folders? Hod do I >backup all my contacts within the address book? >. > "Damon" <damo...