Re Installing Windows Defender

Hi!

I am trying to re install Windows Defender
But each time I try to I get a message saying

"unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove
same an run installer again"

I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove

Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found

How do I install Windows Defender

ThanX

0
Mike
4/8/2010 9:34:19 AM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft Security
Essentials)
Read about it at MS.
"Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to re install Windows Defender
> But each time I try to I get a message saying
>
> "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please remove
> same an run installer again"
>
> I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove
>
> Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found
>
> How do I install Windows Defender
>
> ThanX

0
Unknown
4/8/2010 4:50:21 PM
MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.  But,
is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware apps?
--
RobF

"Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message

| Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft
Security
| Essentials)
| Read about it at MS.
| "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
| > Hi!
| >
| > I am trying to re install Windows Defender
| > But each time I try to I get a message saying
| >
| > "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please
remove
| > same an run installer again"
| >
| > I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove
| >
| > Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found
| >
| > How do I install Windows Defender
| >
| > ThanX

0
RobF
4/9/2010 2:32:59 PM
Windows Defender is replaced by MSE.
"RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.
> But,
> is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware apps?
> --
> RobF
>
> "Unknown" <unknown@unknown.kom> wrote in message
> |
> | Do not install Windows Defender-----Instead install MSE (Microsoft
> Security
> | Essentials)
> | Read about it at MS.
> | "Mike van der Merwe" <michaelvdm@telkomsa.net> wrote in message
> | > Hi!
> | >
> | > I am trying to re install Windows Defender
> | > But each time I try to I get a message saying
> | >
> | > "unable to install because Microsoft Client Protection is ON please
> remove
> | > same an run installer again"
> | >
> | > I have uninstalled Windows Defender using Add and Remove
> | >
> | > Also did a search in My Computer and Registry nothing found
> | >
> | > How do I install Windows Defender
> | >
> | > ThanX

0
Unknown
4/9/2010 5:23:36 PM
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.

Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. But put them back
afterward.

Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without
an anti-virus program.

> But,
> is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware apps?

Yes, definitely.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
4/9/2010 5:54:39 PM
Got it now, Ken. Thanks.
--
RobF

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
| On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
|
| > MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.
|

| Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. But put them back
| afterward.
|
| Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without
| an anti-virus program.
|

| > But,
| > is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware
apps?

| Yes, definitely.
|

| --
| Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
| Please Reply to the Newsgroup

0
RobF
4/9/2010 6:41:02 PM
On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:41:02 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Got it now, Ken. Thanks.

You're welcome. Glad to help.

(You're not by any chance a Rob F. I know, are you?)

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> | On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> |
> | > MS "recommends" uninstallation of all A/V and spyware detection apps.
> |

> | Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. But put them back
> | afterward.
> |
> | Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without
> | an anti-virus program.
> |

> | > But,
> | > is Win Defender useable if I keep Avast and my several anti spyware
> apps?
> |

> | Yes, definitely.
> |

> | --
> | Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> | Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
4/9/2010 6:57:09 PM
 RobF am I.  Don't think we've met, Ken.
 --

| On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:41:02 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
|
| > Got it now, Ken. Thanks.
|

| You're welcome. Glad to help.
|
| (You're not by any chance a Rob F. I know, are you?)
|

| > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
| > | On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 09:32:59 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
| > |
apps.
| > |
| > |
| > | Perhaps while installation of Defender is occurring. But put them back
| > | afterward.
| > |
| > | Defender is not an anti-virus program and you don't want to be without
| > | an anti-virus program.
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > apps?
| > |
| > |
| > | Yes, definitely.
| > |
| > |
| > | --
| > | Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
| > | Please Reply to the Newsgroup
| >

| --
| Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
| Please Reply to the Newsgroup

0
RobF
4/10/2010 7:30:56 PM
On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:30:56 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>  RobF am I.  Don't think we've met, Ken.

OK, I guess I was thinking of a different RobF. Thanks for letting me
know you weren't him.

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> | On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:41:02 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> |
> | > Got it now, Ken. Thanks.
> |

> | You're welcome. Glad to help.
> |
> | (You're not by any chance a Rob F. I know, are you?)
> |

> | > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> | > |
> apps.
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > apps?
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |

> | --
> | Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> | Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken
4/10/2010 8:00:33 PM
From your post above, it appears that your Rob has a space, then the F. That
may help to differentiate .
--

| On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:30:56 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid>
| wrote:
|
| >  RobF am I.  Don't think we've met, Ken.
|

| OK, I guess I was thinking of a different RobF. Thanks for letting me
| know you weren't him.
|

| > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
| > | On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 13:41:02 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid> wrote:
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | You're welcome. Glad to help.
| > |
| > | (You're not by any chance a Rob F. I know, are you?)
| > |
| > |
| > |
wrote:
| > | > |
| > apps.
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > | --
| > | Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
| > | Please Reply to the Newsgroup
| >

| --
| Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
| Please Reply to the Newsgroup

0
RobF
4/11/2010 2:56:29 PM
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 09:56:29 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

> From your post above, it appears that your Rob has a space, then the F. That
> may help to differentiate .

No, I wasn't talking about any name he posts with, just his real name;
his first name is Rob, and his last name begins with "F."

> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> | On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:30:56 -0500, "RobF" <who@invalid.invalid>
> | wrote:
> |
> | >  RobF am I.  Don't think we've met, Ken.
> |

> | OK, I guess I was thinking of a different RobF. Thanks for letting me
> | know you weren't him.
> |

> | > "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.an.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> | > |
> wrote:
> | > | > |
> | > apps.
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> back
> | > | > |
> without
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> spyware
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |
> | > | > |

> | > |

> | --
> | Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) since 2003
> | Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
0
Ken

Problem after SP2 Install
After installing SP2 for XP,sometimes outlook won`t connect to my pop3 mail server.After I restart the computer it is fine for one connection then it won`t connect again unless I reboot.Can someone please help.Thanks in advance. Rich ...

won't install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My system tells me it can't find the installed programs and it won't update. Where is the program usually installed as a default on the mac. Don't understand why and the support doesn't help at all. Hi Michael, do any of the scenarios mentioned on this page apply to your situation? <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html> On 28/07/09 4:46, in article 59b790ba.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MichaelWest@officeformac.com" <MichaelWest@officeformac.com> wrote: >...

Replicate Windows Search
Hi When I play my music on the Turntable System I have it creates a copy with the extension OMX which makes my music files messy so I wrote a program to delete these. At the moment I run windows search to find all the ext OMX on all drives I then copy these to a temp folder and run my program to delete from that. This works fine but I wondered if it is possible to replicate the search on all Drives within VB? and store the results direct to the temp folder? I have tried google but so far did not find code to help me. Ron LondonLad wrote: > Hi > When I play my music o...

Errors in .pst file
I experienced the dreaded blue screen. After the computer re-started I could not open my Outloook, and received the error message, "Errors have been detected the the Outlook.pst file.l It further instructed me to use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. I ran Scanpst.exe and it detects errors but freezes up when the 'repair' button is clicked. No repairs result. I found the Scanpst.exe in Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office 12. I am running Office 2007 Operating Sytem is XP Service Pack 2 (maybe 3) Is there somewhere I ...

Windows Home Server newsgroup?
SBS friends - I benefit greatly from all of the help provided here on this newsgroup concerning SBS issues. Can you advise if there is a similar group for "Windows Home Server?" Thank you! Mike Windows Home Server http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/windowshomeserver/ -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Mike Stem" wrote: > SBS friends - > > I benefit greatly from all of the help provi...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

Re-order Number
Hi IS there anyway you can enter the re-order Number at the Matrix Stage of an Item, instead on every Item individually? If you enter it on the Purchase Order side it doesnt update the Individual item???? H ...

Installing Compact .Net 3.5
Hello, I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. Thanks! --- Jeremy On 4 Mar, 20:38, "jking" <jking...@comcast.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I have WinCE 6.0 R2, and am currently installing C.Net 2.0. How do I get > platform builder to include Compact .Net 3.5? I don't see any Catalog > entries for 3.5, just for 2.0. > > Thanks! > --- > Jeremy I'm working on WinCE 6.0 R3 and I find both ...

Bring window from elevated process to front in Vista
Hi, I'm writing a task switching application and am having difficulty in giving a window belonging to an elevated process the focus. The code I usually use: WINDOWPLACEMENT lpwndpl; lpwndpl.length = sizeof(WINDOWPLACEMENT); ::GetWindowPlacement( hwndAppWindow, &lpwndpl); ::BringWindowToTop (hwndAppWindow); if (lpwndpl.showCmd == SW_SHOWMINIMIZED) { ::ShowWindow (hwndAppWindow, SW_RESTORE); } ::SetFocus (hwndAppWindow); is returning "Access is denied" for BringWindowToTop, ShowWindow and SetFocus. (hwndAppWindow is returned by FindWindow) I've tried calling Allo...

when re-running installer to install omitted program (Entourage) does complete re-install, then fails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Everyone. I installed Word and PowerPoint a few weeks ago, and I want to now install Entourage. So I re-ran the installer ("/Volumes/Microsoft Office 2008/Office Installer.mpkg"). It didn't give me any options for selecting Entourage. Instead it just kicked off an installed *everything*, including Word and PowerPoint. Crap. This is very upsetting as I DON'T want messenger, excel, etc. Adding insult to injury, the program asked if I wanted to install the update ("Install Microsoft Office 2008 fo...

Auto Accept Agent Install
Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? Exchange 2003 SP2 Active/Passive Cluster Thank you No, but I would check the documentation to make sure that it is supported in a cluster. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "ArkAdmin" <ArkAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92B6BA8F-A8F4-410F-BE7C-C23F67027D19@microsoft.com... > Does installation of the Auto Accept Agent require a reboot? > > Exchange 2003 SP2 > Active/Passive Cluster &...

Re-adding an old Tender Type
Thanks to an Accountant who setup my GL accounts incorrect, I need to re-import all of my RMS into a new Accounting program. My issues is that when I first used RMS, I had separate tenders for Visa and MasterCard. When I try to post all of the transactions, I get the "Transaction out of balance error" I figured why as there were transactions to the old MasterCard Tender prior to deleting it. Now I have re-entered it so the numbers will balance. After creating the tender again and assigning the GL to it, the posting still does not show it. Is this due to the way it was set...

Fast way to re-assign large list of leads?
Hello; We have a list of leads from a marketing list (about 1,200) that got imported and assigned to the wrong user. Is there any fast way to assign all 1,200 of those leads to a different CRM user? I've been trying to go through 100 at a time, but it's taking forever :( Sincerely, Todd M. Taylor Only way is to write your own app using the SDK. I'd suggest keep doing 100 at time,...thats just 12 times! You'll spend far more time writing that app (unless you have significant experience with the CRM SDK) -Gary "Todd M. Taylor" <flygtiguy@NOSPAMhotmail.c...

GP 7.5 Installtion on Windows 2003 TS Servers
I am trying to install Integration Manager 7.5 on a Windows Server 2003 that already has Great Plains 7.5 installed and running successfully. When I try and install the Integration Manager I get the message 'MDAC 2.7 cannot be installed on this machine. MDAC 2.7 requires any one of the following configurations: Windows 98 Y2K Update 2 w/ IE 4.01 SP2 Windows 98 Second Edition Windows Millenium Windows NT SP5 w/ IE 4.01 SP2 Windows 2000' I believe the fix is related to IM service packs but cannot find the download anywhere. Can anyone help me? Thanx, in advance ...

How to change windows appearance scheme?
Hello, How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I need to force the appearance scheme to Windows Standard. Also related can the appearance scheme be set to Windows Standard for just the application i.e. without affecting the appearance scheme for other applications and the desktop? Thanks, CarlH. As far as I know, this is not possible. The color scheme is at the discretion of the user. joe On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:18:59 -0400, "CharlesC" <Charles@bscinforma.com> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I set the windows appearance scheme. Specifically I ...

Transparent window #2
Hello, How can I create a transparent window with a caption bar and border.And its client is transparent,I can see the picture under the client even if the transparent window is moving. Thanks! You must have made the window transparent my overridding erasebackground and did nothing, Actually that is not transparent its simply you are not erasing the background of ur window and redrawing it that makes see the desktop or what ever is behind the window. If you want a different shaped window, then checkout SetWindowRgn api. "msg_du" <dch1237@msn.com> wrote in message news:uxM...

how to upgrade exchange and windows to 2003
Hello I have a single domain model with Windows 2000 domain with 7 domain controllers spread across 2 cities and 7 exchange 2000 servers spread across 2 cities. i want to upgrade to windows 2003 and exchange 2003. Exchange 2000 are currently installed on member servers in the domain. I know that Windows 2003 does not support Exchange 2000, so I will have to upgrade to Exchange 2003 first on member servers and then to Windows 2003 but I would like to know that for domain, is it safe to upgrade first few domain controllers in one city and then roll out exchange 2003 in that city, and th...

open a new excel window
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a form. when i click on a button, i should get the new excel window displaying a particular table values(no need to save the tabel in .xls format, just display is enough) so i followed the code below Dim oExcel As Excel.Application Dim oWB As Excel.Workbook Dim oWs As Excel.Worksheet Set oExcel = New Excel.Application Set oWs = Excel.Worksheets.Application.ActiveSheet oExcel.Visible = True Set oWs = oExcel.ActiveSheet after this, i should insert the values in the new displayed excel window and now i am struck here(even i dont know whether th...

Outlook locking up on laptops after CRM installation
I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? On Mar 20, 1:38 am, Onetreeup <Onetre...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have installed 3.0 on several users laptops as well as desktops. Some of > the laptop users are having issues with Outlook locking up, and they are > having to reboot. Is there any one else having this issue, and know of a fix? Please clarify: are you saying you installed CRM...

Install
I have Outlook 2002 on my computer, I think it was in an update from Windows. Each time I open it, the program installer trys to install "something". Asks me for the Outlook 2002 disk (don't have one). I have Office 2000. It seems to be looking for "outret.msi". I can't find that file. It then closes, backs out of the install and gives me Error 1706. Then the program opens in the "safe mode". How do I get the program to stop this installation process each time I open it? ...

Userform as childwindow in statusbar not redrawn when Excel window is resized
I have put a modeless userform without caption as a childwindow into the statusbar window of the main Exel window. So far so good. It moves with the main excel window and stays fully functional inside the statusbar. My problem: When the main excel window is being resized in its width then the statusbar window seems to be redrawn but not the userform childwindow, and therefore the userform isn't visible anymore. I've tried to use the resize event of the userform and as well the resize event of the Excel application to make the userform being redrawn, but both events seem to be ...

Visual basic error after installing add-in....is it Microsoft problem or 3rd party. Please help.
After I installed a 3rd party add-in I got the following error (besides not only 2 of the 4 add-ins being installed) excel microsoft visual basic error &H80004005 (-2147467259) Unspecified error Is there a fix for this or is this a matter for the company selling the add-in? Thanks in advance, sheana Care to share the name of the third-party add-in? What does "besides not only 2 of the 4 add-ins being installed" mean? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:56:37 -0500, "sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I installed...

Problems with Publisher 95 and Windows XP
Hi all- I am having problems getting my copy of Windows Publisher 95 to work with my new computer, which runs on Windows XP. Is this a common problem? Are there any "update" patches that can fix this? I have literally HUNDREDS of files I've made and saved in Publisher 95, and I don't want to give them up. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. Mike Selvey Nacogdoches, TX Mike Selvey wrote: > Hi all- > > I am having problems getting my copy of Windows Publisher > 95 to work with my new computer, which runs on Windows > XP. Is this a common problem...

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1