HELP! I can't go to my desktop, much less get online

I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing
the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it
presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a
password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my
computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank
nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer.

James Moore
0
Larry
11/14/2009 12:30:31 AM
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Larry wrote:
> I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing
> the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it
> presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a
> password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my
> computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank
> nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer.

This is an easy fix.  Press hold down the Windows key and press "R",
this opens the run Window.  In the run window type "control
userpasswords2" (without the quotes) and clear the checkmark next to the
line that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this
computer."  Next click th OK button and enter the user account and
password (if used, otherwise leave blank) that you want to log in with
automatically.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"Larry" <gospel_brothers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing
> the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it
> presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a
> password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my
> computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank
> nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer.
>
> James Moore

0
peter
11/14/2009 1:13:28 AM
On Nov 13, 8:13=A0pm, "peter" <pe...@nowhere.net> wrote:
> and what happens when you just press "enter"
>
> peter
>
> --
> If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate
> or disruptive,please ignore it.
> If you dont know how to ignore a posting complain
> to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
>
> "Larry" <gospel_broth...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing
> > the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it
> > presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a
> > password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my
> > computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank
> > nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer.
>
> > James Moore- Hide quoted text -

Thanks men, for your help, I used both of your instructions, but t
still gives me a place for my username and password- but I hit enter
and get rid of it. It still doesn't give me the box where I can click
to logoff-shutdown-restart, so I tried getting that back with system
restore- I've tried system restore twice tonight-and it seems like
system restore just dosn't work now. So I don't know what to do there.

James
0
James
11/14/2009 3:32:29 AM
LOOL

All you had to do was Put no Password in the box and push OK
and no password would been set.

You kept losing your connection on your laptop and you tried repairing.
in doing so you set up Networking for windows it set a Password so to keep
Us out the back door. you open a Network door mm

So put a password in for  now just ot keep us out
For did not repair the connection on your laptop.
Just  F*C* UP your Security.

"Larry" <gospel_brothers@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I kept losing my connection on my WiFi laptop, so I tried repairing
> the connection by right clicking the icon. Now when I start my pc it
> presents me with a place to type a password-and I never have set a
> password to get into my computer. How do I avoid this because it is my
> computer and I'd like to use it. My system is Windows XP, IE8.-Thank
> nYou for your help, I'm typing this on someone elses computer.
>
> James Moore

0
Hot

Outlook hangs when I access from remote desktop
I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "rg1742" <rg1742@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3111517B-3341-4412-AF8E-6386440B530C@microsoft.com... > I am using Vista on my home computer and XP on the remote desktop. And your question? I don't see one post...

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Adding multiple products to a contact: Challenge/HELP!!!
Here is a challenge: We sell products ( traing courses) where we have to be able to link a contact to a product. thanks to Andrew on the message "Mapping between standard and custom entity" we were able to do that using the ideas he posted. as well as his blog. (http://andrewn23.blogspot.com/) What we now run into is that we can have multiple courses on a single quote/order and want to associate the contact/stuent easily with the products. when one wants to for instance merge accounts there is the possibility for selecting multiples by usng the control key and then clicking ...

Are online updates available in M+ trial version?
I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? Thanks. LT In microsoft.public.money, news.east.cox.net wrote: >I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. >Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? It is not locked. If running Vista, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. Check that the ...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Open File Dialog Help
I am trying to set the m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir to "My Music" on an open file dialog, but can't seem to get it to work right. I would like it to default to the c:\documents and settings\user\My Documents\My Music, regardless of the machine the application is running on. The project is being built using Visual C++ 6.0 Professional, on a Windows 2K machine, but may be running in any Windows environment. Thanks, SHGetSpecialFolderPath(CSIDL_PERSONAL) gets you to My Documents ...

VBA Help #6
I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. I'm looking for the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a certain column, descending. After sorting, I want Excel to provide shading in alternating rows. For example: Row 2 - no shading Row 3 - Shading Row 4 - no shading Row 5 - shading. Thanks in advance for the help. On Jan 25, 10:47=A0am, SHalper <scott.m.hal...@gmail.com> wrote: > I know this is simple so I apologize for posting it. =A0I'm looking for > the VBA code to take a sheet and sort the rows (below row 2) by a > certain column,...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

Rules / Macro? Help
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0042_01C478A8.C4D615E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello. This is what I would like to do. If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Cat " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/forward the " Cat Template ". If the subject line of the e-mail I = just received reads " Dog " then I would like Outlook to automatically = send/foard the " Cat Template ". I've looked into trying to ...

Sintax Help!
I would like to print a sheet and a graph from a macro. I would like to call both by the Number and not the Name of each. In other words if the sheet was named Chart10 (BoxTops)I need to be able to call the sheet by "Chart10" not "boxtops". This way if the name changes the macro will still work. Somthing like... Sub test() ' ' test Macro ' Macro recorded 5/23/2005 by ' 'Print Chart Sheets("chart12").Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub But my macro errors out on the first line. How to you c...

Get time from a remote server with PowerShell v2
Hi all, I'm looking for a way to obtain the time from a remote server. I wanted to use Get-Date but this doesnt seem to have any options for remote computers so I'm using WMI Win32_LocalTime option like this: $hour = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Hour $minute = Get-WmiObject Win32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Minute $second = Get-WmiObject Wind32_LocalTime -computerName servername | Select-Object -Property Second However this returns values in the form of (for example): @{Hour=16}...

Calculated Columns Help
FIND/SEARCH functions both return #DEFAULT! if string is not found. If it is not found, I'd like to display a different value (one of the other columns). All my attempts to check if the calculated column = "#DEFAULT!" fail. It is as if it is not really a string. How can I test for #DEFAULT! value? ...

I am getting error messages.
I am getting these error messages, why? How do I fix them? How do I get rid of them? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'bartonconstruction@bellaliant.com'. Subject 'Your Quote', Accou...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...

W32.Netsky.P@mm!enc can't get rid of errors
Can some one help. I have exchange 2003 with GFI mail essentials and security running and Norton corporate 10.0. I keep getting warnings of netsky being found in the mail queue and in the GFI security directories and norton sucessfully Quarantines the file. I have been getting these for a few weeks or so. Everytime I run a fix tool or full system scan it finds nothing. I suspect either someone internally has netsky worm I cannot find or someone outside has with the worm has some of my internal email addys. My question is how do I track this down. I am a bit of an exchange newbie so any i...

Exchaneg Resource going off-line
Hi, On one of my Exchaneg 2K clusters I am having a problem where the Exchange disk resource is failing for no apparent reason. Things are complicated as we are running Geocluster from NSI and I have logged a problem with them. In the meantime I am trying to checkm if there is an underlying Exchange config issue. The system is running EX2K Sp3 with the latest post sp3 roll up. Are there any other recommended EX patches I should have installed?, especially ones that would affect cluster operation. Regards, Gerry On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 09:40:50 +0100, "GJB" <GJB@lineondotn...

Outlook 2003 get rid of double space in Comments?
I cut and paste information from emails into Outlook Calendar comments. But sometimes it ends up double spaced on some lines (i.e. blank lines between lines). How can you get rid of this, there doesn't seem to be anyway from the FONTS screen. ...

Recipient Policy help #3
I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain to our contacts in the reciepient OU too. Now these external contacts include another smtp address with our domain name. How can I get rid of these? Use admodify to bulk remove them. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 James Chong Gonzo wrote: > I updated our recipient policy to add a new SMTP domain to everyone's > mailbox, it all looked great until I noticed it added the domain t...

Pivot Table Help #2
- Automaticly Refreshing Pivot Table Data I have a made a macro called "depsub" that gathers sales data from each one of our sales departments, compiles it onto one page, sorts it and SUBTOTALs the data by employee and department. I also have a PivotTable that needs to use this same data. PivotTables can not be generated from subtotaled data. So I have to nest a macro within my "depsub" macro that generates a PivotTable prior to the data being subtotaled. Problem is every time I try to do this the macro errors out and stops when I try to creat the pivot table. Here i...

Help with Live SkyDrive
Sorry if this is't the apropiate group, but I haven't found a propoer group for my cuestion .... Anyone can help me ? I send a link to the album but I mark It's not required under the Windows login ID to view the album. If the person you send the link visit the page with Internet Explorer goes correctly, but if you use another browser asks for the Windows ID. Thanks !! If the recipient of the invite is not using IE, iirc, you will have to set the folder permission to 'Everyone or place it in the Public folder(which is preset to Everyone) -- ...winston ms-...

Help: Unread message indicator lost in ShortCut (Outlook 2000)
This used to work fine. The number of unread messages used to show up by the name of the folder in the shortcut bar; e.g., Inbox (3). For some reason it all disappeared. The folder list still shows the numbers in parentheses beside the name, but the shortcut bar doesn't. Even I delete the one in the shortcut and copy (re-copy) the folder over it won't work. I'm using XP Pro (upgraded from Home) and Outlook 2000. Help is appreciated. T. J. Fan ...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

The + sign went away
My messages for newsgoups no longer have the little "+" sign anymore. All the messages are just listed in chronological order. I don't remember a thing, but I like for my group messages to still cascade under the "+" sign. Help! Simpledog wrote: > My messages for newsgoups no longer have the little "+" sign anymore. > All the messages are just listed in chronological order. I don't > remember a thing, but I like for my group messages to still cascade > under the "+" sign. Help! Try View, current view, group by conversation....