copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button

Hi,

I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture
the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on
a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
work very well for me.

TIA
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

XP user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>

> TIA

If nobody comes along with a XP solution, you could try IrfanView.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It's Freeware. Once installed, click on Options, Capture/Screenshot and
go from there.

Seems like the install file tries to install a toolbar of some nature
but you just un-check that. It's not a bad little program.

--
  JD..
0
XP user wrote:
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do
> i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do
> that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at
> the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative
> button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it
> does not work very well for me.

http://portableapps.com/node/915

Or you could try the on-screen keyboard (Start --> RUN --> OSK --> OK (PSC
key).)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Take-a-screen-capture-print-screen

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
4/18/2010 3:46:17 PM
Snag-it
http://www.techsmith.com/download/snagittrial.asp

your time.

"XP user" <XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
> capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time
> on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>

> TIA

0
The
4/18/2010 7:45:26 PM
XP user wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>

> TIA

You have a reply you should ignore:

The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

The web page  http://www.ms-mvp.org/  uses Godaddy's stealth
frame-redirection  to redirect you to:
http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm

Check out “pcbutts” using your favorite search engine.

Can you really trust someone like this? Do you really want to follow his
advice?

http://tekrider.net/usenet/pcbutts.php

The Snagit trial is fully-functional and runs for 30 days after
installation. It's trialware. After 30 days, $49.95 USD.

--
  JD..
0
The Real Truth MVP wrote:

<snip his reply>

Never believe anything thing from someone who lies.  Chris as PC Butts, The
Real Truth MVP, and several other nymshifts has never been an MVP and never
will be.  He is a pirate and deceiver well known by the MVP community who
will NEVER nominate him for MVP status.  He even registered a domain that
looks like Microsoft & MVP (both ms and mvp in its name) to further his
pretense both but is neither.
0
VanguardLH
4/18/2010 8:49:44 PM
Comment about Gadwin: works just FINE for me. Only
problem is making it put shots where you want them.

JD wrote:
> XP user wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
>> capture
>> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the
>> time on
>> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck
>> as i
>> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
>> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does
>> not
>> work very well for me.
>>

>> TIA
>
> You have a reply you should ignore:
>
> The Real Truth MVP is not listed on the MVP list:
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>

> The web page  http://www.ms-mvp.org/  uses Godaddy's stealth
> frame-redirection  to redirect you to:
> http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/tools/tools.htm
>

> Check out “pcbutts” using your favorite search engine.
>

> Can you really trust someone like this? Do you really want to follow his
> advice?
>

> http://tekrider.net/usenet/pcbutts.php
>

> The Snagit trial is fully-functional and runs for 30 days after
> installation. It's trialware. After 30 days, $49.95 USD.

0
William
4/18/2010 10:54:22 PM

"XP user" <XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
> capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time
> on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not
> work very well for me.
>

> TIA

I use a program called Screen Hunter from www.wisdom-soft.com which is a
free to use program (I don't use the paid for version from them.)  It can
have it's "hot key" set to just about any key combination to activate the
screen capture.  The screen capture can be set to either the entire screen,
the current window or to an area that you chose with a mouse.  It can be
saved to either the clipboard or as an image file (or both.)

0
LVTravel
4/19/2010 5:41:55 AM
On Apr 18, 5:26=A0pm, XP user <XP u...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capt=
ure
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time=
 on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as =
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does no=
> work very well for me.
>
> TIA

SnagIt. You get what you see and more. It does "scroll" work too. One
click on "PrintScreen" & do your thing.  I have it on start-up & it
uses 1,936k mem usage.
0
sandy58
4/21/2010 10:48:54 AM
"XP user" <XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i
> capture
> the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the
> time on
> a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck
> as i
> cannot seem to find an *alternative button.
> Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does
> not
> work very well for me.

Snag-It is good, but not free....the same company (TechSmith) makes a
free tool that does what you need, called Jing:
http://www.jingproject.com/features/

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee

SFO without msde?
Is there a way to use the Sales for Outlook user interface without the msde database that is downloaded locally? I'd like to get some of the SFO functionality with Terminal Services/Citrix, but I understand the geniuses at Microsoft wrote CRM to use only one msde instance per computer. Hi Michael: You are correct and we are struggling with the same thing. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to use the core of the SFO objects in a Citrix environment. Not having the MSDE component would rule-out going off-line, but our (potential) client is ok with that as long as they can ...

Doubble loop to copy and paste
Hey guys :) My table goes like this: A B C D E F ........ _________________________ 1 | 1 Title 1 2 | 1 Subtitle a 3 | 1 Subtitle b 4 | 1 Subtitle c 5 | 1 Title 2 6 | 1 Subtitle d 7 | 1 Subtitle e 8 | 1 Title 2 9 | 1 Subtitle f .... and so on. What I want the macro to do is this; for each value "1" in column A, copy the "Title n" in column E into ...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

Is there a way to setup excel to prompt for a backup copy upon ex.
I want to automatically create a backup onto a disk each time I exit program. "sonny" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the Subject field. Please take advantage of the Message area, even for short inquiries. Thanks |:>) "sonny" wrote: > I am currently using 2000. Thanks "CyberTaz" wrote: > It depends on which version of Excel as to how. > > It is also preferred that the content of you request not be typed in the > Subject field. Ple...

What's the correct procedure to use a CBitmapButton in a dialog (to avoid resouce leaking)?
Hi, I have a CBitmapButton member in a dialog. The problem is that, after exiting my program, there is a cross button staying on my windows 2000's desktop now. The button is exactly the one I used in the dialog. Clicking on it doesn't do anyting. Rebooting the machine doesn't help. The application has been mailed to many customers. Now I expect they'll see this button on their machine but hardly guess that it's caused by my program. In DoDataExchange(), I associate the CBitmapButton member with a push button in the dialog's template. Then in OnInitDialog...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

Hyperlink Error
I have a hyperlink set-up for a netwrok file. It works fine, but when the file is copied the hyperlin chages to the folder that the file has been copied to. original link - L:\folder\folder\file Changes to - C:\file How can I get it to keep the original link? Justin ...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

How to use MFC Cstring class in Win32 DLL?
Hello all I am having WIN32 DLL and i have to use CString in it. I tried include <Afx.h> with project setting with both 'use MFC in a static library' as well as 'use MFC in a shared library' option of project setting but firstly i got error fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already then i commented #include<windows.h> after that i am getting linking error mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in testdll.obj Debug/testdll.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found i tried other options like includi...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

uninstall from command line using alternate credentials
WinXP SP3. Is there a way to do this? I am trying to find a way for a power user to uninstall a program using the msiexec + uninstall string from the registry using admin account credentials. Alternativly, I have tried to get the user to do a "run as" on the appwiz.cpl file but I get an error. UPDATE: also tried making a shortcut and running as admin but there is still an error with starting the msiexec. It says something like error statring program, it may be disabled or have no associated programs. I checked the windows installer service and it is running. ...

Print preview background missing
I have View:Picture:Detailed Display selected. I have File:Print:Advanced Print Settings:Graphics and Fonts:Print full-resolution linked graphics selected. However, I only see my text, and no backgrounds or images in the Print Preview. What am I missing? Thanks! No doubt you are missing an updated video/graphics driver. See the third FAQ here. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "7imothy" <7imothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC8ADC93-F...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

image prints 'double' in normal and best mode
I have an image - a portait-style, rectangular 'directions' map to help customers find my location which I created in publisher with lines and text, etc, then grouped and saved as a jpg - that I am now trying to use (inserted>from file) in a quarter-page card layout to be printed and cut for inclusion with mailers. If I print in 'fast draft' mode, this map look fine. However, if I try to print in normal or best mode, the image is messed up - the top half of the rectangle is doubled; the bottom half is not printed. Example: the 'this is north' indicator, whic...

merged document printing
How do I print multiple copies of a merged document in Publisher? Seems to only allow one copy of the document. No option is available as it is when printing a regular document. If anyone has an answer please email me at: linked4life@hotmail.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "linked4life" <linked4life@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FC3E45B-B7F2-4F8D-AD4D-02154C8C399B@microsoft.com... > How do I print mult...

Printing landscape Excel97
I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait. When the users with this problem uses another PC the problem is not occuring. So I think it is a local machine- thing. Is there somebody who can give me a hint, registry- setting,...? "Rob Rijs" <robrijs@hotmail.com> wrote... >I'm looking at the following problem: Excel97 on a NT4 >Workstation > worksheet is setup to print landscape but >the printer (HP Business Inkjet 2250) gives portrait...

Selected pages to print from MS Outlook
Is there a way to select the the page to print from MS outlook. I could only print all pages from my mail rather than selected pages Please help ...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...