audible click when opening a new window.

I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
computer makes.  How can I turn this off?

Thanks!

Amadeus
windowsxp.basics 358 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try:

Control Panel-Sounds
"Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus
<Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
>out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
>computer makes.  How can I turn this off?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Amadeus
0
Alan
6/13/2010 9:49:24 PM
Alan, Thank you very much for your help!  It worked like a charm.  Actually I
had already gone to control panel and sounds but for some reason didn't clear
the sound for navigation.  Thanks again.

Amadeus

"Alan Edwards" wrote:

> Try:
>
> Control Panel-Sounds
> "Start Navigation" and "Complete Navigation" are the relevant items.
>
> ....Alan
> --
> Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer
> http://dts-l.com/index.htm
>
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 13:56:27 -0700, in
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics, Amadeus
> <Amadeus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I know I should be able to find this somewhere but I can't seem to figure it
> >out.  When I open a new folder or window there is a "click" sound that the
> >computer makes.  How can I turn this off?
> >
> >Thanks!
> >
> >Amadeus
> .

Export WLM from old PC to new PC
I am unable to export my WLM emails from my old XP computer to my new Win7 computer using Windows Easy Transfer. My contacts & favorites moved fine. Any suggestions? Use WLM's built in File/Export/Messages option on the XP unit, save to blank folder on a portable drive(external or flash), then Import on the Win7 machine. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "bairies" <bairies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27CA8EF0-3EC5-4D2A-ACFE-AEB24F6E5B4F@microsoft.com... > I am unable to export my WLM emails from my old XP computer to my new Win7...

Multithreading and accessing window pointer from thread
Hello All, There has been a lot discussion on this group about MFC Multithreading. Still I want to make sure one thing about How to access Window Pointer within thread I am passing Window handle as lParam of thread and want to access window pointer from thread, Code is like this void CMainFrame::StartThread() { AfxBeginThread(ThreadProc,this->m_hwnd); } UINT ThreadProc (LPVOID lpParam) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)lpParam; CMainFrame *pFrameWnd = (CMainFrame*)CWnd::FromHandle(hWnd); if(pFrameWnd && pFrameWnd->GetSafeHWnd()) { BOOL bFlag = pFrameWnd->m_bFlag; pFram...

Outlook 2007 Crashes Upon Opening
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2007 SP1 MSO 12.0.6425.1000 and always errors out and closes when I start it. Everything that I can see points to the mso.dll file. I swapped it out with another copy (have the orig) and still same result. My OS is Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600 Below is the info from the event log, hope someone can assist. -------- Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6316.5000, stamp 4833a470, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425.1000, stamp 49d65443, debug? 0, fault address 0x00dfef5d. Fo...

Excel and Windows Live Mail
Hi all I update my Mail add-in and VBA code examples to avoid the error if you use Windows Live Mail as your default mail program. More information in the blog post : http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2010/04/25/windows-live-mail-wlm-and-excel-problem-part-two/ If you have problems let me know so I can update the code/add-in if needed Thanks -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

No New Fonts
Hi, I have a small spreadsheet with very simple data. I have not made any changes to any fonts, but as soon as I try to create a chart from the data, I get a message saying "No New Font Can Be Added". Any idea what might cause this? I'm getting this on Excel 97 and 2002. Thanks Vyyk Turning off the Auto Scale, as described in the following MSKB article, may help: XL97: "Not Enough Memory" Error When You Add Chart to Workbook http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=168650 Vyyk Drago wrote: > I have a small spreadsheet with very simple data. ...

Open A Network Folder From VBA
All - I'd like to be able to open a network folder when a user clicks a button on a form. The shared folder has a static name, but the sub folder will change with each record. For example.... Shared Folder \\server\share\folder Record ProjectNumber I'd like to have it set so that when a user is in ProjectNumber 123, they click the button and the folder \\server\share\folder\ProjectNumber opens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jeff Hi Jeff, At my job all users have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and I use something similar to the follo...

New users not working or in address book
We just loaded up a new exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server in a Windows 2000 domain. Everything seemed to be working fine: All our users have email accounts and email was sending correctly. That's when we found out 1 user could not log in. He had no email addresses in his account settings, so I added them manually. Now he can log in but is not in the addressbook. All new accounts created are not going into the address book. In the eventvwr, I am receiving 8270 errors and 8315 errors. The checkbox for allowing rights to propogate are all checked. Thanks in advance, Chris See...

opening excel document with shell as read only
Hello, I am presently using access to open an excel file by using the shell command. Is it possible by some command e.g. \readonly to open the excel file as read only? Cheers If you're automating excel from another program, you may be able to just create an instance of excel and open your workbook readonly: This worked for me from MSWord: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myXL As Object On Error Resume Next Set myXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") If Err.Number = 429 Then Set myXL = CreateObject("Excel.Application") End If On Error GoTo 0 myXL.Visible =...

Outlook 2003 slow opening first html msg
Anyone else noticed a slowdown recently when opening the first html formatted message in Outlook 2003? It might have occurred during the recent MS updates, or it might be where I upgraded to IE7. That all happened about the same time. On my Pentium 800 with .5gb of ram, the message frame appears in about 20 seconds and the contents in another 20 seconds. This seems to only happen on the first e-mail to be opened. The next opens instantly. Dave ...

Download a new addressbook to server
The head of our business wants to take an entire addressbook and make it public for all users attached to the Exchange2003 server. How do I go about taking an entire users's addressbook and integrating it into the server so that it becomes a public addressbook? Will it show up in that "Addressbook Drop-Down List"in Outlook2003 so it's easier for the users to find? (I don't want to have to go to each computer and add a shared contact list) Will I be able to make contact categories? (ie: engineering, administration, finance) Once this is downloaded to the server wi...

HELP!! Windows Explorer Hangs on Startup!
Hi all, I've had this Presario 2195US laptop for 4-5 years; running XP from SP1 to (now) SP3... no problems. 2-3 weeks ago, I tried to connect a 160gb USB-encased hard drive with no luck... proceeding along I pretty much hosed my windows. Anyway, I decided to reformat/install a copy of XP Pro w/SP3 (thought XP Home didn't like 160gb) and, after a few MS updates, every time I boot the system it shows the DESKTOP, the bottom left of the TaskBar and NOTHING on bottom-right. Cursor moves, I can Ctrl-Alt-Delete and, when I move cursor to TaskBar area... cursor turns in...

DPM 2010 RC and Windows 2008/R2 System Protection
I have DPM 2010 RC (Fresh Install w/ SQL) backing up our Exchange 2010, AD, and Hyper-V R2 servers. All has been working fine except for last couple of days none of the servers are backing up 'System Protection'. Bare Metal Recovery and System State is failing on each protected server. Here is the error message: "DPM failed to create the backup. If you are backing up only System State, verify if there is enough free space on the protected server to store the System State backup. On protected server running Windows 2008 Server operating system, verify that the ...

Having problems with window sizing on a protected workbook
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and have some questions. I created a workbook for my shop that basically has simple macr functions that take you from sheet to sheet. The problem I'm having is when I protect the workbook, then re-open th workbook the window that displays the info is too small and is coverin some comments and a little text. How do I resize this window to suit my needs? Thanks Jo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi what window do you mean? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi all, > > I'm new to the forum and have some qu...

Windows Mail
Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer sent for outgoing mail at five minutes. The outing blue bar moves real slow and when it gets about three quarters for finishing it stops and says server stopped working. What is the size of this file? Please post the error message verbatim. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Walter Chimack" <WalterChimack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7248DDC-9599-47AD-8447-482203F6C2D7@microsoft.com... > Some files cannot be sent out even though I have timer...

New Loan Website
Hi All, the new loans website has been uploaded to www.loans-website.com thanks Louis ...

Scrollbar on Chart Jumps to Left when Chart is Clicked
I fiddled around with 'offset' and a scrollbar, and now I can change the range of my chart just by clicking on the scrollbar. However, there is a problem with placement. If I click on the chart, and move the scrollbar to where I want it, when I click *OFF* the chart, the scroll bar moves about double the distance from top left that it was when the chart was clicked. It's like the scrollbar thinks I'm doubling the size of the chart when I click off the chart. If I position the scrollbar past halfway from top left, when I click off the chart the scrollbar total...

Import New Reports in to CRM 3.0
I have created several reports in Visual Studio. Is there a way to 'import' them into CRM so that all users can use them? Also is there a way to have these reports run on a schedule? thanks! Christian ...

How to run a macro by opening a file?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to run a macro when I open a file? For example, I would like to run a specific macro within file.xls, if current time is between 9 am and 10 am, otherwise, don't run this macro. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? I am using XP with SP3 and Office 2003. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric hi something like this might work........ Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Time > "9:00 AM" And Time < "10:00 AM" Then call ASpecificMacro Else MsgBox "current time out of range. terminati...

How to open Excel docs default with Excel 2007?
I had Office 2003 installed, then installed Office 2007 as well. The system was automatically configured then to open all Excel files (2003 or 2007) in Excel 2007. However, here at work they just did some Office 2003 update, and now XLS files are opening with Office 2003. If I go into Windows explorer and to file types and find XLS, when I browse to the office 12 directory and select EXCEL.EXE as the file used to open, it simply selects the "Microsoft Excel" that's already in the "Recommended Programs" section (at the top) of the "Which program to open the file wi...

to shut down windows by ending a vb.net program
Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in the last program line? And how to do this? Thanks for any response andrews wrote: > Is it possible to run a vb.net program and when it ends (there are many > calculations) to shut down windows(for me windows 7)in the program in > the last program line? > And how to do this? > Thanks for any response Windows 7 may be different, but I doubt it. http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-5030366.html From the U...

Re installing E/S 5.5 on a new NT4 PDC from an Existing PDC
Hi, I have a Exchange Server 5.5 installed in a win NT4 PDC and do not have a BDC. When I tried to upgrade the OS of PDC from NT4 to Server 2000 it gave several problems & couldn't complete it. Now I have installed a fresh copy of NT4 as a PDC (with the same DOMAIN and the same MACHINE name ) in a new machine and also the Exchange Server 5.5 in it and created all the user accounts as same. Can I copy the Ex.server data files to the new machine(PDC) from the existing (PDC) If possible Pl. give me the guidelines/data files,folders to be copied Anura ...

FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box)
FS: Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9 (New in Box) I have for sale a new, still sealed in the box, Microsoft Digital Image Suite 9. Asking $60 + shipping. If you're interested, I can send you some JPG's of the package for your review. Thanks in advance! ...

right click menu excel
In excel I maked a right click menu with variabel values. After all, I found that menu in the whole application, this was not my intention. I deleted het menu, bad done, because I can't reset 'm. What's the way to call back the default right click excel menu ? Re-install office didn't helped. "application.commandbars("Cell").reset" also not. Jo The "reset" probably OK but just not enabled. Open the immediate window in VBE and enter application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 3 May 2005 12:46:18 ...

auto open message
Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 Thanks pcor You can use a macro: Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() msgbox thisworkbook.worksheets("Sheet9999").range("u12").text End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm pcor wrote: > > Here is what I would like: Open the Excel file and the first thing I would > see is a message box that tells me what is located in cell u12 ...

"a dialog is open" error, adding contacts in outlook
this 'a dialog box is open error' seems to be a plague... someone at work is getting it when she tries to add a new personal contact, when she clicks the "save and new" button. KBase article 223664 seems to describe this problem, but they say "When you attempt to add a user from your Global Address List (GAL) to your Personal Address Book (PAB), you may receive the following error message: A dialog is open. Close it and try again. When you click OK, the new contact dialog box remains open and the contact information is added to your contacts. " after reading t...