Windows XP...computer shuts down and blue screen comes up with wri

I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen
comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
Please!!!! :-)

"Debbie" wrote:

> I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen
> comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
> happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
> understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
> Please!!!! :-)
Hello Debbie,

  Whenever you ask about Windows XP, it's important to state what version
of XP you have, including the service pack.

When asking about a problem, it's better if you can offer any clues
about why you may be experiencing the problem, e.g., recent changes to
software or hardware. The fewer details you provide, the more generic
your answers will be.

If you can do the following procedure in Safe Mode it will be easier.

In Safe Mode or in 'normal' mode: Control Panel > System > Advanced tab
> Startup and Recovery Settings button > Advanced tab > remove the
check mark from 'Automatically restart.'

Now restart your computer. When your computer freezes at a blue screen,
read the message. At the bottom of the message, copy the number (it
begins with 0x000...) and the name of the error (LOOKS_LIKE_THIS.)

Post again with your complete version of Windows, any clues you might
have to explain your problem, and the number and name of the error you saw.
-=-

"Debbie" wrote:

> I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen
> comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
> happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
> understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
> Please!!!! :-)
And your Windows Update problem would be...?

Debbie wrote:
> I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue
> screen
> comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
> happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
> understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
> Please!!!! :-)

0
PA
2/3/2010 2:31:58 AM
The way I stopped this was to do a error check on my hard drive. Click on
start then my computer. Right click on your hard drive C.  and then
Properties. Click on tools and then error checking. Click on error checking
and it will do this when you reboot you computer.

"Debbie" wrote:

> I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen
> comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
> happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
> understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
> Please!!!! :-)
Cannot get to the point of doing this - have had 2 "experts" look at it also
and they cannot access it or even log in.  Acts like a virus or hard drive
failure - however HDD "sounds" normal.  Next step is forensic recovery $$.

"Alan" wrote:

> The way I stopped this was to do a error check on my hard drive. Click on
> start then my computer. Right click on your hard drive C.  and then
> Properties. Click on tools and then error checking. Click on error checking
> and it will do this when you reboot you computer.
>
> "Debbie" wrote:
>
> > I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue screen
> > comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really fast...keeps
> > happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back up. I don't
> > understand what is going on...I hope someone could please help me...Help
> > Please!!!! :-)
Who are you and what have you done with Debbie?

LAT wrote:
> Cannot get to the point of doing this - have had 2 "experts" look at it
> also
> and they cannot access it or even log in.  Acts like a virus or hard drive
> failure - however HDD "sounds" normal.  Next step is forensic recovery $$.
>
> "Alan" wrote:
>
>> The way I stopped this was to do a error check on my hard drive. Click on
>> start then my computer. Right click on your hard drive C.  and then
>> Properties. Click on tools and then error checking. Click on error
>> checking
>> and it will do this when you reboot you computer.
>>
>> "Debbie" wrote:
>>
>>> I will be on my computer then all of a sudden it shuts down then blue
>>> screen comes up with white writing on it...then disappears really
>>> fast...keeps happening quite often. The computer restarts it's self back
>>> up. I don't understand what is going on...I hope someone could please
>>> help me...Help Please!!!! :-)

0
PA

window fly in arbitrary direct lines
I have one window whom I want to fly in arbitrary direct lines across the screen (its not a jpeg as in screen saver case but a window). Is there some way (or a sample) how to do that smoothly? Thanks Vinter Well, do you mean "across the screen" or "across the client area of its parent"? There are a couple different issues depending on the answer. The simple answer is to have in your mainframe code something like the following that will move it right-to-left LRESULT CMainFrame::OnFly(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam) { POINTS start = (POINTS)wParam; POIN...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800ccc0dThis would not be a major pr
Dell inspirion 1545 Windows Vista HB MSG: The host 'http://get.live.com could not be found' Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No Socket Error: 11001 I have uninstalled/Installed Windows Live Mail and get the same error. Email cannot be accessed via the Windows Live interface, only via hotmail. This would not be a major problem except that I cannot send photos. -- Thanks for the help. JohnnyT http://get.live.com is not used for email Is this problem occurring with a Hotmail account ? If using the pop3/smtp protocol for sending/receiving with a Hotmail account...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Where to download: SBS 2008 with Windows Server 2008 Service Pack
I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 referenced below for download there. http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.aspx Can someone please point me at where I can find this version available for download? Thanks ozinca wrote: > I am a technet plus member, but cannot find this version of SBS 2008 > referenced below for download there. > > http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/10/16/coming-soon-sbs-2008-with-windows-server-2008-service-pack-2-included.a...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

retrive value from lookup screen
hi, i hv small problem i make refrence for smartlist (SL)in GP form to enable me open the SL lookup form ,and i add lookup button to open that smart list but i want the retive value from SL to be inserted in text box exist on GP form please help me ...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

My computer has stopped recognizing my memory card
This just happened today. The card was purchased the day after Thanksgiving so it's very new. It is a 4GB SD card from HP. I don't believe this is a hardware problem as my digital camera Lexar 1GB Memory Stick Duo card and adapter worked just fine today in the same slot. There has been no damage to the card. It has a write-protection lock on the side and I've tried the card with and without the lock on - neither way worked. I've also checked "My Computer" and confirmed that the computer is not listing my card as a drive any longer. I really need to get t...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Money 2000 Windows XP SP2 Password problems
Hi. * I have reformatted my hard drive (On a Compaq Table TC1000) & reinstalled Windows XP Pro Tablet. * I have then installed the Windows XP SP2. I then restored my backups, which included my mny data file from Money 2000. * I then (amongst other software installs) installed Money from the original CD. * When I tried to start Money, it asks for the password as usual BUT it doesn't accept the usual password. * I have checked that it is the right file, checked Caps Lock, typed carefully several times - to no avail. * Are you aware of any problems with Money 2000 & SP2? I...

Excel slow to open workbook when I double-click in Windows
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 on a brand new PC (Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.53 GHz; 3.21 GB RAM; Windows XP Pro). I have installed and started using several applications already and this PC has been very fast and responsive. I am having an issue opening workbooks in Excel. If I open Excel first and then click on the Office button and choos Open, I can open up a workbook very quickly. However, when I double-click on a workbook in Windows (without having Excel open previously), it takes a *very* long time for the workbook to open. I just timed it at exactly one minute. I was wondering if anyone...

Faulting application name: iexplore.exe In Windows 2008 Server R2
I am not certain why I keep getting this exception message. In fact I get a pop up most each time I try to access or connect using IE. Did a bit of searching, and have not found a good fix for this yet. I am running a Windows Server 2008 64bit machine. I tried blaming it on IE add-ons, but now I am running in NO-ADDON mode with no add-ons but the problem persists.I would appreciate it if someone helped with with a fix for this on my server. ERRORS TYPES SO FAR ============================================= Faulting application name: iexplore.exe, version: 8.0.7600.16385, tim...

xp outlook so slow to load
I just bought top of the line Dell with XP and Outlook takes 2 minutes to load! My 3-yr old laptop with same PST file took 10 seconds. Any ideas why? Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00ab01c39d10$908bbb60$a001280a@phx.gbl, camgyrl wrote: > I just bought top of the line Dell with XP and Outlook > takes 2 minutes to lo...

Excel XP will not print
I had to reformat my hard drive and I have reinstaled Office XP Pro and I can print any thing to any printer in my house but Excel will not print to the local printer. Everything else prints to it just fine. Outlook, Word, Access.... everything. It never pops up an error. I see it go to the printer and it never prints. If I try to print it to one of my other printers it will print about 10% of the time. Please, can anyone help me. Try (in Excel) going to File, Page Setup, and reduce the print quality to a lower dpi setting. Then print again... MRO "Chris" <cfshamblin@ne...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

Install program build on Access 2003 on Window 7?
I have an application designed by a professional progammer that was built on Access 2003 with VBA. I am going to give it to students to run on their laptops. Some of them may have Vista or Window 7 operating systems. Will the application install and run? It installs with a 2003 RT version. I have found that the RT has to be removed when install on a machine with Office 2007. -- Ed Comp Analyst Whether or not it'll work on Vista or Win7 depends on whether the application was packaged correctly. Both Vista and Win7 are stricter about where the application (i.e. the MDB o...

Configure incoming e-mail settings (Windows SharePoiint Services 3
Good day Everybody ! I have installed Win2K3 SP1, Project Server 2K7 with WSS 3.0, SQL Server 2005 SP1. I want to set up Incoming e-mail setting with combination of SMTP server and WSS 3.0 as I do not have MS Exchange Server installed. I created a new Org Unit as sharepoint with apprpriate permissions as per TechNet step-by-step procedure. I have not created a Contact in this OU. I have entered the following information regarding the Incoming e-mail settings : Enable sites on this server to receive e-mail - YES Settings Mode - Automatic Use the SharePoint Directory Management ...

dual boot xp/xp64bit slow shut downs
I have dual booted XP Home Edition SP3 and XP64Bit Professional SP2. I have done this before and quite soon I seem to have boot problems. The first thing I noticed this time is slowness to shut down. I am quite good with computers, probably an advanced user by now. I have a free Paragon Partition Manager 10 installed and because I had used this application to make installation restore backups I chose a setting of check boot after I made the dual boot with XP64Bit. I am wondering why the slowness to shut down is happening. Defragment and Disk Cleanup Utilities are run regularly ...