Windows update site problems

So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message
telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new
installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted out?
--
Be happy,Strat4axe

"stat4axe" <strat4axe@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote in message
> So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message
> telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new
> installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted
> out?

Why not try using  AU  instead?

---

0
Robert
5/20/2010 12:21:31 PM
It's you, probably.

Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is
displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 1; Windows XP Home Edition)?

Did you just do a Repair Install or a clean install?

stat4axe wrote:
> So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message
> telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new
> installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted
> out?

0
PA
5/20/2010 3:41:39 PM
I am having issues connecting to the update site as well today (on multiple
machines). It was fine yesterday and I can connect to other sites.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> It's you, probably.
>
> Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is
> displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
> Service Pack 1; Windows XP Home Edition)?
>
> Did you just do a Repair Install or a clean install?
>

> stat4axe wrote:
> > So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a message
> > telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new
> > installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted
> > out?
>
> .

Sorry to hear that.

Mat wrote:
> I am having issues connecting to the update site as well today (on
> multiple
> machines). It was fine yesterday and I can connect to other sites.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> It's you, probably.
>>
>> Right-click on My Computer & select Properties: What Windows version is
>> displayed in the resulting General tab (e.g., Windows XP Professional
>> Service Pack 1; Windows XP Home Edition)?
>>
>> Did you just do a Repair Install or a clean install?
>>

>> stat4axe wrote:
>>> So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a
>>> message
>>> telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update new
>>> installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be sorted
>>> out?
>>
>> .

0
PA
5/21/2010 5:17:12 PM
Do you want to alert the media?

: Sorry to hear that.
:
: Mat wrote:
: > I am having issues connecting to the update site as well today (on
: > multiple
: > machines). It was fine yesterday and I can connect to other sites.
: >
: > "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
: >
: >> It's you, probably.
: >>
: >> stat4axe wrote:
: >>> So whats happening with the windows update site ?I keep getting a
: >>> message
: >>> telling me there is a problem with the web page (am trying to update
new
: >>> installation of XP Home),is it me or the site,and when will it be
sorted
: >>> out?
: >>
: >> .
:

0
Tom
5/21/2010 6:09:15 PM
Nah, not until the MS forums start crashing about 30 minutes from now...

Tom Willett wrote:
> Do you want to alert the media?

>> Sorry to hear that.
>>
>> Mat wrote:
>>> I am having issues connecting to the update site as well today (on
>>> multiple
>>> machines). It was fine yesterday and I can connect to other sites.

0
PA

Comments problem
I've created a number of comments. When I position the comments where I want them, they only reflect their positions on "Show" or "Edit" comment. All the comments default to the same relationship to the cells when you pass over them. This is a problem because I've also used data vaildation (with lists) on these cells and you can't display the comment with the list pulled down at the same time because the comments are tool close to the validated cell. Thanks in adavance. The comment usually appears to the right of the cell, and should still allow you to see t...

Excel Mail Merger Problem
When merging excel with word for..my currrency field is dropping off zeros to the right of decimal point..if field has $ 56.03, it imports correctly, but if it is $56.00, it comes in as $56, if it is $56.30, it comes in as $56.3...this process is for invoices..any advice (I've tried everything)? Debra Dalgleish has given the following reply in newsgroups http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EBB0685.5080002%40contextures.com and has also identified the following MS KB articles in such as : http://google.com/groups?threadm=3DFA8DA8.6000209%40contextures.com 304387 - WD: Date, Phone N...

synchronising problem with Sony NWZ-S545
Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click start sync the mp3 player just freezes, WMP states "processing" but nothing happens. Have searched the web for a solution but nothing. done sysem restore etc etc. I guess it must be a recent update but what one? Its a pain in the backside and hope someone can help "Wookywoo" wrote: > Up until recently i could sync tracks/albums etc to my sony S545 MP3. now > when i try and drag tracks to the sync folder then click s...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

How to create a windows server and client application with NT integrated security
Hi All, I'm delivering a project need to create a sever and client application using NT integrated security. The server supports two modes of security checking: standard security and NT integrated security, Just like the way of SQL Server 2000 is doing. If the server uses standard security mode, the client need to explicitly type in the user name and password in order to connect to the server. If the server uses integrated security mode,the client program will use the crendential of the current logon user to connect to the server and it will be authenticated by the NT domain. With this ...

Painting the Blue Gradient BackGround of the Windows TitleBar
Is there any simple way to accomplish this? Never mind. "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:m8bEg.69$Tl4.40@dukeread06... > Is there any simple way to accomplish this? > > Never mind. How did you achieve it? --- Ajay Just replicate the semi gradient pixels horizontally across the background from the set of fixed values. "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1155613377.419292.72700@75g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >> Never mind. > > How did you achieve it? > > --- > Ajay > ...

Formulas not updating ?
I have a problem with my spreadsheet under Excel XP. The problem has to do with cell references not updating when a row is inserted into the worksheet. The formulas in the cells are relatively simple: =B13 and =DATE(YEAR(B10),MONTH(B10),DAY(B10)+7) I can copy a row and insert it elsewhere or just insert a blank row and the cell references in rows below are not updated in all cases. It seems that rows that are separated from the inserted rows by a blank row are updated. Is this a known issue or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? The spreadsheet is intended to p...

code problem
Hi this is a follow on to a previous thread (Copy Macro) We are now successfully creating a new Workbook using the code below. With ActiveWorkbook FName = .Path & "\code.txt" .VBProject.VBComponents("Module2_sort").Export FName End With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(Array("Supplier Concerns")).Copy ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="c:\Week\testing" & strFileName & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents.Import FName Problem is when we open the new Workbook and run the macro the code defaults ba...

I am converting lotus123 files to excel2002. One problem is that in lotus, literals are ignored when found in a cell within a formula. Excel on the other hand is not doing this and therefore causing #value errors on all the formulas where this occurs. Is there a way to handle this in excel other than manually having to change all the formulas? ...

windows update 12-25-09
I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that my os does not support it. What is my operating system? Windows vista basic home, is'nt funny!... Harry Dupre wrote: > I believe ninety nine percent of the updates failed on my computer. > In fact I am unable to download IE8, and several other programs. I > am running an IE7 in my computer and I am getting the warning that > my os does not support it. > > Wh...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Start Outlook 2003 at windows startup??
Hi, I have a simple question: how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to system tray at windows startup? Thanks in advance edomonet@libero.it <edomonet@libero.it> wrote: > how do I have Outlook 2003 started automatically and minimized to > system tray at windows startup? Put a shortcut to it in your Startup program group. However, I don't believe it will start minimized. -- Brian Tillman It's better to put a shortcut in your Quick Launch bar or you will get errors if OL loads too soon before your connection and antivirus. You can customiz...

save as problem
I cant save my excel file The "save as" option is not eviable. Whats happening? "From a prior post by Ron DeBruin, You can reset your menubar to default. Right click menubar. Customize > Toolbars Tab. Select worksheet menubar. Click Reset button. Using VBA Application : CommandBars(""Worksheet menu bar"").Controls(""File"").Reset Or the whole menubar Application.CommandBars(1).Reset You lost the things you add to the menubar!!" ========================================================== And one link that offers some sugges...

Odd problem with worksheets when opening file
Okay, here's the odd problem that's come up. When you double click on a excel file, excel opens up, but you can onl see the toolbars. The grid area looks like a snapshot of whatever you current background is before the file opened up. If you were showin your desktop, after the excel file opened, you'd still see your deskto in the datagrid area. If you start up a new excel file, then do the File>Open>file name, th file will open correctly. This problem happens across users here. Everyone is currently runnin office 2K. Any ideas on what causes the problem and any...

Service Pack Installation Issues with GP 9.00.0247.0 on Windows Vi
Greetings, I have installed Great Plains v9.00.0114.0 on Windows Vista. I ran the installation package MicrosoftDynamicsGP-KB923671-v9-ENU, but receive the following messages with result of a failed installation of the Service Pack. Log Name: Application Source: MsiInstaller Date: 10/8/2007 11:50:13 AM Event ID: 11729 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: Classic User: ABR\administrator Computer: AD088.abr Description: Product: Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 -- Configuration failed. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas...

Problem OL 2002 Email
I am having a problem with OL 2002 email settings. I have two computers which I am setting up. One computer works perfectly. The second computer I have configured exactly the same...incoming/outgoing servers and ports, etc... are all setup the same. On the second computer when I press test email settings, everything tests fine. But when I try to do a Send/Receive, I run into problems. First, the POP3 tries to connect to the POP3 server twice at the same time. (I am able to see this on my POP3 server console.) Second, the SMTP sending mail never connects to my SMTP server. (Ag...

2007 B2 MSOO has encountered a problem
More often then not when I click to open an email in my inbox I get this MSOO pop-up with a checkbox, checked telling me MSOO has encountered a problem and needs to close. Has this been an issue for others and is there a fix. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 (not the reader), go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click change for Adobe Acrobat Pro and remove the Office & Outlook plugins. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Jax" <Jax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A74147F4-CD75-4FF8-98A7-5A18B01A8FDD@microsoft.com: > More of...

Update another CPropertySheet page
I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to another? Thanks. Yan yan wrote: > I have a program which contains 3 CPropertySheet pages. When I add the > change the value in Page 1, then it should automatically update a > corresponding field in the Page 2. How can I access from one page to > another? > > Thanks. > > Yan > > You cannot do that. When you change a value in Page 1 there are cases ...

Sumproduct Problem (AB)
Hi everyone, can you please sort out this problem for me? SUMPRODUCT(('Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138=$A$1)*('Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138=A7),'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138) 'Client Opening Stock'!B2:B138 is the Client Name Client Opening Stock'!C2:AH138 is the Product 'Client Opening Stock'!C2:X138 is the Amount I belive the formula is not the proper formula, but this is the result I need. Thank you for your kind help You need to tell us what the problem is, and what solution you want. Why is it "not the proper formula...

Query Problem in Test.
I keep getting errors on the WHERE part of my query. I'm sure it's something simple. I don't know if you will need the whole code to see what the problem is. It is lengthy, so I will start with just where the problem is. Set rs = DBEngine(0)(0).OpenRecordset("SELECT T2.Distance, T1.* FROM (Church AS T1 INNER JOIN qryChurchZip1 ON T1.ChurchID = qryChurchZip1.ChurchID) INNER JOIN DistanceQuery AS T2 ON qryChurchZip1.Zip5 = T2.ZIPCode WHERE " & strWhere) ' See if found none If rs.RecordCount = 0 Then MsgBox "No Churches meet your crite...

Can Work thread get a windows class and manipulate it?
Suppose that I create a work thread when my dialog box started, then in the thread I get the pointer to the dialog mfc class and call updateData method. Does that work? I tried, but failed. Is there any other way to do? thanks!! No, it won't work, don't even waste time trying. It is almost guaranteed to fail. You do not manipulate the windows owned by one thread from a different thread. What you do is PostMessage requests from the worker thread to the main UI thread, usually to the window that contains the controls. The fact that you are using UpdateData already says you are in t...

HTA problem with IE8
We discovered an issue with some inbedded VBScript code inside an HTA written by a developer that is no longer with us. The code work in IE6 but error out on the set objMsgArea statement indicating that the object requires 'objMenuFrame' which should have been set in the previous line of code. If I put in an 'On Error Resume Next" statement in that sub the HTA appears to work correctly however I don't like putting a band-aid on something like this. Does anyone have any solution for this? Here's the code: sub AppStatusDisplay(strMsgIn, bolAddToStatusLogIn) s...

Sending email in CRM web app problem
Hi, I found this problem very annoying. Our CRM's SMTP service is hosted in YahooMail. The SMTP address is mail.bizmail.yahoo.com and this is a "locked down" server, which means required authentication by username and password. I configured the CRM server's registry by settings the SMTPServerUrl and other stuff, such as Username and password entries. Now, when we send emails from CRM web app, it works... BUT... when we send email using a template which has embedded images, it cannot send the email and reports an error: "Not valid association" something... A...