On my desktop I have Office 2003 (laptop has Office 2007). I recently
received an attachment in .docx format (2007). I downloaded the converter to
my desktop and opened the document. Now on my desktop (which has Office 2003)
I receive update notices for Office 2007. Should I ignore these? Hide them?
Install them? Will I still be notified re updates needed for Office 2003?

Thank you for whatever insight you can provide. If you can give me some of
the background explanation as to why this is happening (I presume related to
the 2007 converter viewer install), I can understand better why I have to do
what I need to do and can pass on the info to others who may experience the
same issue.

sweeneysmsm wrote:
> On my desktop I have Office 2003 (laptop has Office 2007). I
> recently received an attachment in .docx format (2007). I
> downloaded the converter to my desktop and opened the document. Now
> on my desktop (which has Office 2003) I receive update notices for
> Office 2007. Should I ignore these? Hide them? Install them? Will I
> still be notified re updates needed for Office 2003?
>
> Thank you for whatever insight you can provide. If you can give me
> some of the background explanation as to why this is happening (I
> presume related to the 2007 converter viewer install), I can
> understand better why I have to do what I need to do and can pass
> on the info to others who may experience the same issue.

You installed components of Office 2007.  You still have Office 2003.  You
need to install the updates that are being offered to you in order to keep
things functional and secure.  You will be offered some for both versions of
Office now - as long as they are supported.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
1/4/2010 4:15:29 PM
If you've installed Office 2007 Compatibility Pack (SP1 or SP2), yes, you
need to install those updates.

sweeneysmsm wrote:
> On my desktop I have Office 2003 (laptop has Office 2007). I recently
> received an attachment in .docx format (2007). I downloaded the converter
> my desktop and opened the document. Now on my desktop (which has Office
> 2003) I receive update notices for Office 2007. Should I ignore these?
> Hide
> them? Install them? Will I still be notified re updates needed for Office
> 2003?
>
> Thank you for whatever insight you can provide. If you can give me some of
> the background explanation as to why this is happening (I presume related
> the 2007 converter viewer install), I can understand better why I have to
> do
> what I need to do and can pass on the info to others who may experience
> the
> same issue.

0
PA

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Window Redirection?

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Converting Opportunity to Account

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

MS Access 2007 code not running