windows update fail...... What now?

ok so I had a problem with windows update downloading but not installing.. I
did go to the windows file in the C: drive and manually installed it myself.
Thinking that it would fix my install problem.. I was wrong.. I next have
found out that in my event logger that my IIS6 is not working properly or
something. It doesn't look right and in my event logger it says my security
assessment tool 4.0 error 1303 I am the administrator and logged in already
so what the heck? And I also would like to say that my computer is old and
it's a IBM think pad running windows xp perfessional just updated finally the
service pack 3 manually. it's a 2002 pentium(r)4 laptop 1.60GHZ 512mb of
ram..please help sick of trying to figure this out myself done pretty good so
far I guess??

What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed SP3?

it)?

karenteed2fix wrote:
> ok so I had a problem with windows update downloading but not installing..
> did go to the windows file in the C: drive and manually installed it
> myself.
> Thinking that it would fix my install problem.. I was wrong.. I next have
> found out that in my event logger that my IIS6 is not working properly or
> something. It doesn't look right and in my event logger it says my
> security
> assessment tool 4.0 error 1303 I am the administrator and logged in
> already
> so what the heck? And I also would like to say that my computer is old and
> it's a IBM think pad running windows xp perfessional just updated finally
> the service pack 3 manually. it's a 2002 pentium(r)4 laptop 1.60GHZ 512mb
> of
> ram..please help sick of trying to figure this out myself done pretty good
> so far I guess??

0
PA

Money wont download updates anymore :(
I'm using MS Money 2003 deluxe. First, I suddenly stopped being able to have it login using my Passport account a couple months ago. I found a post that said to regsvr32 msxml3.dll or whatever. That fixed that, but before I fixed that and after, when I click Update it hangs on the "Connect/Cancel" window and msmoney.exe eats up 100% utilization. I let it run and run and it never stops. So the update is basically hanging the application. Any ideas? Having the same issue. I've posted several notes so far, and even sent a note to MS ... nothing. From the various note...

How to stop update on stocks, etc.
I would like to keep my internet transaction download stop looking for Stock info. I cannot find how to change what is updated on these downloads. Any help would be appreciated. TIA, bdog What version of Money? M05? It's a feature that Must Users Prefer(TM), apparently. "bdog" <bd@op.net> wrote in message news:Xns9635BB0333647bdopnet@216.196.97.142... >I would like to keep my internet transaction download stop looking for > Stock info. I cannot find how to change what is updated on these > downloads. Any help would be appreciated. "Dick Watson&...

Exporting Windows 2003 Public Folders
Is there a tool, like exmerge, that allows you to export the data in a public folder in Exchange 2003 so that it can be reimported into another server? We currently colocate an exchange server and our client is bringing it in house with a brand new server and install and wants us to export the data for them. From what I understand, I should login as an administrative user with outlook and just copy the public folder to a local PST? Is this accurate? That, or using the InterOrg PF Replicator, are your choices. "Flaxen" <Flaxen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Updating Excel Links
Is there a way to automatically update a linked file when it is already open and somebody makes a change to their workbook??? I tried the calculate (F9) button but nothing happens. Thanks Frank Before the link can be updated on your machine the other user must save the workbook as you are reading the hardisk not the other persons computer Hope this helps Mike ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

disable automatic update of references
Hi All my references in sheet B are wrong with one line difference. I would like to insert a line in a sheet A without updating the references in sheet B (pointing to A) beeing updated. (both sheets in the same workbook) I know that copy and paste values works, but I want also to keep all my formating. Is there a possibility to disable the automatic update of references? tanks for your help Daniel ...

RMS HQ WS250
I'm running RMS 2.0 SP3 (ver 2.0.0126) in which i've deleted item alias' via the item properties alias tab in HQ for several items. Once completed with removing alias' in the alias tab for each item, i created & processed a WS250 from HQ to receiving store, however, some items still have alias' at the store. Can someone explain why this would happen? I've checked the hq client for the ws250 in question and it completed with no errors. ws250 is better at adding properties to items than removing. To get around this problem you could use a ws51 like ...

SBS 2003 to Windows Server 2003 Standart
We have changed our Windows SBS 2003 server to Windows Server 2003 Standart edition and we have an Active Directory & Exchange 2003 enviroment in both of them. I would like to transfer all Active Directory and Exchange datas to my new server. At first i made the installation of Active Directory services and new Exchange 2003 server to my new server. But It tells me that it can't find catalog information on new server and my new exchange server doesn't work without opening my old (SBS) server. It also uses SMTP Connector of my old server but I already uninstalled the exchange on ...

UPDATE records by copying from same table?
Hi, I have a table with new records added, that is some information has been pre-filled. Say I have 3 new records with the same reference code ZZZZZZ - they all have unique auto numbered lines. Say for example ID Cust_ID FirstName LastName .............. 1234 ZZZZZZ Fred Jones ........ 1235 ZZZZZZ Bruce Watts ......... 1236 ZZZZZZ Ted Nugent .......... Now sitting at the start of the table is 1 AAAAAA Fred Jones Blue Green Orange.... etc 2 AAAAAA Bruce Watts RED Violet Green....etc 3 AAAAAA Ted Nugent Red Green Purpl...

Acquiring Microsoft Update
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA8F60.98596BF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How does one get Microsoft Update? Does Windows Update ask me? Do I need to go to the Microsoft Download = site to get it? James ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01CA8F60.98596BF0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META...

Why does "Find Printer" fail (directory service unavailable)?
Why does "Find Printer" fail (directory service unavailable)? On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 02:20:20 -0600, dalia2009 <dalia2009.42rzzg@no.email.invalid> wrote: > >Why does "Find Printer" fail (directory service unavailable)? > Not plugged in , not switched on ? Please expand on the situation . ...

How to get WM_DROPFILES msg, from a preview handler window
I create a dialog, and add a picture control on it.And then, I use preview handler and specifize the picture cnotrol as the display region. And something happened, when this region is doing preview display by preview handler, it doesn't receive the WM_DROPFILES msg. What do I need to do to get the WM_DROPFILES msg, if a preview handler is displlaying? I am using MFC to develop it. ...

Exchange 2003 SP1 or Windows 2003 SP1 first?
I currently have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. Simple setup. What is recommended? 1. Apply Exch 2003 SP1 first then Win 2003 SP1 OR 2. Apply Win 2003 SP1 first and then Exch 2003 SP1 Thx. Vakharia Hi, "Vakharia" <vak@()hotmail.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:e0WPg%23ZdFHA.1220@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I currently have Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. Simple setup. > > What is recommended? > 1. Apply Exch 2003 SP1 first then Win 2003 SP1 > OR yes, Ex SP1 first! cheers, Andy ...

SQL RS Install Fails on SBS 2003
I got the error during the installation "Activating SQL Server Reporting Services failed. Specified reporting services report server URL https://server.domain.com/reportserver cannot be resolved to an IP. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found." The SBS box has a .local domain and the .com domain is hosted elsewhere. What do I need to do to get SQL RS working? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com I figured this out. I had to specify the RS URL in Deployment Manager, plus make some DNS changes/host headers to get all the sites worki...

The same update installing when I close down the computer
Windows XP, SP2. Every time when I close my laptop computer I am always getting, I am sure, the same update being installed as it always takes about the same time period to close. How could I tell what update is casusing this and how can I end this annoyance? -- Wayne wayne937 wrote: > Windows XP, SP2. Every time when I close my laptop computer I am > always getting, I am sure, the same update being installed as it > always takes about the same time period to close. How could I tell > what update is casusing this and how can I end this annoyance? Why SP2? Clea...

Message Window -- where is the folder info?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop With a message window showing, I often need to find what folder the message is in. For example after finding a message using Spotlight, I have no idea where to find it in my Entourage database. How can I do this? ...

WIndows 2000 SBS
I ahve a failing SBS 2000 and another windows 2003 domain conmtroller in my environment. I need to take some desperate measures to get this thing back on it's feet again and in the meantime I have to come up with a plan to get my users back up and running properly... Do you know if I can technically install the Exchange 2000 version that comes on the SBS 2000 cd's onto a standard windows 2000 server?? If so, I could set up another server with win2K standard and get excahgne running on it - then in the meantime rebuild my SBS or upgrade it. I realize this is likely an...

How to find out what rows successfuly/failed to insert
I have to write code that needs to log down what rows were inserted as well as what ones failed to insert. I use a merge statement to insert/update/delete multiple rows at a time. How would I figure this out? Andy What do you by as what ones failed to insert.??? Will it generate an error and terminate the whole batch? See the below example from Adam Machanic to use a table variavle along with output clause DECLARE @ChangedOrderDetail SalesOrderDetail_Type DECLARE @SalesOrderID int DECLARE @t TABLE (Changed int, ID int) INSERT INTO @t SELECT Changed, SalesOr...

12.2.3 update woes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hello, <br><br>My software update for Office 2008 tells me that there is a criticial update to install (Office 2008 12.2.3 Update). When I click install it happily downloads the update, but that's it: it the immediately tells me again that this same update is available. Clicking install again downloads, and tells me that same update is available. It never launches the actual updater. <br><br>I though: no problem, went to the Microsoft Mactopia site and download...

Windows XP IEXPLORER
I will start from the begining. I had to do a repair install due to boot errors and iexe7 was installed during the process. Now I can not get any updates or upgrade to explore 8. I get the requested loop key not found in any active activation context. I do not have any other browser installed, nor can I get one installed due to the same message every time. Can someone give me solution without a complete reformat? Thanks, Tony "tonyb2760" <tonyb2760@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

does microsoft outlook 2003 work in windows 7?
I have just installed Windows 7. Thereafter I installed Office 2003. I do not see Microsoft Outlook in the installed programs. I have my old .pst files but cannot view them in any program in Windows 7. How can this be managed? Thanks Office 2003 works in Win7 - its compatible Only outlook can open a pst file "Raja Gupta" <RajaGupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B269FF-CC58-41A5-9604-2C72A4509423@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Windows 7. Thereafter I installed Office 2003. I do >not > see Microsoft Outlook in the installed ...

Moving GP Server to new Windows domain
I have seen a few questions revolving around this topic, but none specifically addressing it. My question is this: what (if anything) will break if a Great Plains (v8; SQL Server 2000 on Server 2003) server is moved from Windows domain X to Windows domain Y? A few things I have been thinking in regards to this: -since the SQL server is using mixed Windows/SQL authentication, and all users authenticate exclusively using SQL credentials, there should be no issues with user accounts -since the server (in it's entirety) is moving (not just the DB), there should be no issue with SID mismatc...

Split window in Outlook 2003?
Hello! I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? -- Andreas Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that > you can se both your emails (Inbox with preview) and your calender? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman wrote: > Andreas <Andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> I wonder if it's possible to split the window in Outlook 2003 so that >...

Money 05 & Windows XP Pro x64
Will Microsoft Money Business 2005 run on the new Microsoft XP Professional 64Bit opperating system? John Sandy, Utah It is just another application, so why not? In fact being a NS application it is more likely to have been tested than some 3rd party apps but then again....... ;-) -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any e...

operation failed #9
Just last few weeeks whenI send an e-mail it says operation failed. I close Outlook 2002 XP and reopen and the email is in outbox and then goes. Also some new come in. Why is this happening. I disabled Norton e mail scan and found no difference. Also have Comcast cable for ISP if that matters. Outlook worked fine for years just now acting up Thanks Mark ...

Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges
Please help: I have about 330 pivots (yeah, it's a lot) on six different tabs whose source data (range) is located in two different files. My Excel crashed and after I accepted the auto-save updates, the range addresses changed from being located in the same folder (where my pivots are located, [Filename.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$ZZ$62000) to being the entire address (C:\Documents and Settings\user\applications\etc...). I tried in Edit->Links to 'relink' the correct files; however, when I re-open the file, it continues to reference the entire address. How can I effecient...