windows update 04-15-10

I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion.  I cannot
get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run.  i get error
code 490 and 800704090

Too late now!

Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010!
Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from
Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require
several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first).  See
http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.

    • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
       http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

willk2 wrote:
> I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion.  I cannot
> get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run.  i get error
> code 490 and 800704090

0
PA
4/15/2010 12:42:27 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:

> Too late now!
>
> Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April
> 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software
> updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed
> (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed
> first).  See
> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.
>

>    • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean

Hey Piggy,

Does this also mean you have now officially retired at the age of 79?
Don't you think you should have continued until you are 80 to get a
special award of Senior Obnoxious Pig!!!

Happy retirement and good
riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD55ZRA 2010.

0
LD55ZRA
4/15/2010 1:55:47 AM
that's just great.   I just purchased an upgrade, windows 7, but it won't let
me  upgrade to windows 7 until the service pack is installed on windows vista!

On 2010-04-16 12:50 p.m., willk2 wrote:

> that's just great.   I just purchased an upgrade, windows 7, but it won't let
> me  upgrade to windows 7 until the service pack is installed on windows vista!

Download "Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone" from the
Microsoft Download Center, and install it manually.

   Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com

• US:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• CA:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• UK:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• AU:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11274&gprid=500921

• Other:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/default.aspx?target=assistance&c1=509 |
select your Windows Vista version | select Service Pack 1 & the appropriate
Sub-topic (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue; Issues after you
install a service pack).

willk2 wrote:
> that's just great.   I just purchased an upgrade, windows 7, but it won't
> let me  upgrade to windows 7 until the service pack is installed on
> windows
> vista!
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Too late now!
>>
>> Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April
>> 2010!
>> Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates
>> from
>> Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require
>> several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first).  See
>> http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no-services-packs.aspx.
>>
>>     • What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?
>>
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
>> -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> willk2 wrote:
>>> I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion.  I
>>> cannot
>>> get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run.  i get
>>> error
>>> code 490 and 800704090
>>
>> .

0
PA

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Chart update automatically
Sometimes I start a data list to chart, create a chart then add data and the chart automatically updates as I add to the data list. The X axis grows with each entry. Other times, I do what I think is the same thing but the chart lays dormant. I actually have to manually update the series range. Nothing I do seems to make it "automatic". Is there a way to make any chart (new or existing) update automatically when dynamic data is involved? Hi, The chart will update automatically if, - you based the chart on a List (Table in xl2007) - created and used a dynamic named range - i...

pulling data 04-27-10
I'm not sure I am explaining this right I want the data from C21 on sheet 1 in a cell on sheet 2 if the A & B column data matches SHEET 1 row 21 A B C D E 4/21/2010 34287 74 3 4 SHEET 2 row 20 A B C D E 4/21/2010 34287 74 try =sumproduct((s1!a2:a22=a2)*(s1!b2:b22=b2)*s1!c2:c22) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A40C8E08-721F-47BB-A73C-458AC...

update worksheet in one file with worksheet in another file
I want to have one worksheet in one of my excel files (file 1) to reflect the contents of a worksheet in another file (file 2) every time it is opened (file 1), that is, everytime it is opened this one tab should reflect the last changes made on the tab in another file, including formating. I suspect this is possible but I don't have a clue how to do it. I have a few questions: Can this be done without VBA? (I'm not even a beginner with VBA!) I did search the web some and found the following that looks interesting: http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=101&threadI...

What is the formula for series: Jan-04, Feb-04, Mar-04, etc.?
Hi Kitty, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kitty" <kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C586891-2883-47B9-A3DE-AF77D4A9799E@microsoft.com... > Hi kitty, One way of doing it is with the formula below: If you have a date is cell A1 (01/01/04) and you want cell B1 to sho you the following month insert in B1 the formula below. =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1 You may have to install the "add in" the ToolPak in order for th formula to work other wise you will get a #NAME?, error. Hope thi helps -- Fa...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

publisher 97 #10
I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened and saved it in Publisher 2002 on a different computer(using server). Now I can't access it through 97. Is there a way to do this? Can't save as, as the files of type don't say 97. Maybe they were the same as Publisher 98 files. Worth a try. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0B451AE-ACF2-449B-8F11-4F0C16297A12@microsoft.com... > I have a file that was oriniated in Publisher 97. I inadevertently opened > and saved it in P...

Running Office 2001 on Mac OS 10.2, help
This might be a dumb question, but I don't want to screw things up. I was running Mac OS 9.0.4 and I downloaded OS 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.2.2 and then the new 10.2. However, all my software is still in the 9.1 classic. I want to use it all in the new OS 10.2. Will Office 2001 Academic Edition work in OS 10.2? Do I need to uninstall it in OS 9.1 first, then install it is OS 10.2? Or, can I just drag and drop it on the 10.2 desktop or in the applications folder? I have a lot of other expensive softwares in OS 9.1 that I don't want to have to upgrade, but need to be able to use in OS 10.2. Wi...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

combo box list updating
Hi - I would like my combo box list to change base on the value of A1. That is, I have its input range being B1:F1 - "Year 1", " Year 2" etc. Example: -If cell A1 is the value "10" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 1" (which is cell "B1") -If cell A1 is the value "20" then the combo box default list item would be "Year 2" (which is cell "C1") ETC... Thanks for your help - Jim A ...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

No Sound 03-26-10
Sorry for not crossposting - I have more problems than I can handle!!! While trying to uninstall Comodo, I had an error and the computer froze. I shut it off and it wouldn't boot - not even in Safe Mode. So I used ERUNT to fix the Registry from a command prompt. Unfortunately, the latest ERUNT file was corrupted - so I had to go back about a week. The computer then booted, but I found many changes in some of my data and settings. Also, I cannot get the sound to work. I again used ERUNT from Windows with the same backup I used from the command prompt. All indications on the ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-03-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout COM interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp). But I keep getting the same error. System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long. I used very short names so I don't understand where this error would come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past? Regards, RBakkers ...

Formula for excel example 555 x 15%
=555*0.15 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sari" <sari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B4BA8D5-04A4-4195-B749-DFEED0452A3A@microsoft.com... > ...

Automatically updating cells on other worksheets when data typed into primary sheet
I'm trying to create a workbook that will allow me to enter data on the first sheet and it will then append the data to a second sheet by automatically starting a new line. Example: I enter "This is a test" into A1 on sheet 1 First available line on sheet2 automatically updates with "This is a test" When it comes to enter something new in A1 on sheet1, same function above goes into action, accept it should be on the next available line which will be A2 on sheet2, as A1 is already used by previous data entry. Can this be done? I would appreciate any help with this. ...

Wrap to Window
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) In draft view, I'd like the text to wrap to the window size rather than the document's margins. Is this feature part of Word for Mac? It's easily done in the PC version. Thanks, Robin Hi Robin - Word> Preferences> View - check the box for Wrap text to window. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/12/08 10:20 AM, in article ee98414.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Robin@officeformac.com" <Robin@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > &g...

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

close all windows
is there any way to get access to close all the open windows usingVBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael Dim frm as FormFor each frm in Forms Docmd.Closenext frmOn Mar 20, 10:15 am, Wayne-I-M <Wayn...@discussions.microsoft.com>wrote:> DoCmd.Quit>> --> Wayne> Manchester, England.>>>> "michael goodall" wrote:> > is there any way to get access to close all the open windows using> > VBA, without having to define all the open windows. many thanks michael- Hide quoted text ->> - Show quoted text -...

window client area...
Hi, After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns huge numbers that don't make sense. Please help. Thanks. Tony Try GetClientRect() -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "May Young" <tony@srac.com> wrote in message news:3FD6826E.1030603@srac.com... > Hi, > > After getting a pointer to the main window by using AfxGetMainWnd(), how > to get the window's client area? I try CalcWindowRect() but it returns >...

how can i present a JPG in a window having cell with the path?
I build a catalog for coins collection with Excel. each row represents a coin (record). in two cells (fields) i have a path to both sides of the coin scanned as a JPG files in the specific directory. i would like the following scenario: when i stand on a specific row (any cell), the relevant images are presented in 2 big windows. when i move to another row, the image automatically changes etc. i would like also to control the size of the window. would appreciate your help, thanks, sam Hi Sam See if this gets you started: Insert an Image1 from the activex coltrols toolbox. S...