Windows Media Center Update

This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
(Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it
said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered
"ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.

Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
to Windows 7.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]
when you use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

Has Vista SP1 and/or SP2 been installed yet?

Is Automatic Updates enabled & working?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Lost_Soul O_o wrote:
> This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
> (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC
> it
> said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I
> encountered
> "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.
>
> Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
> I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
> I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
> to Windows 7.

0
PA
4/2/2010 3:58:32 PM
Check the WindowsUpdate.log to see if this is the update that was
offered:   How to read the Windowsupdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

The most recent entries are towards the bottom of the WU.log.
Unless you've installed it previously, KB977864 should be showing as one
of the updates that was detected.

(KB977864) February 2010 Cumulative Update for Windows Media Center TV
Pack for Windows Vista
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/977864

0x80072EFD ERROR_INTERNET_CANNOT_CONNECT

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941

First try - Remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy
configuration

" To remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP proxy configuration
for Windows Vista, follow these steps:

    1. Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    2. *Right-click* cmd.exe in the Programs list, and then click Run as
administrator.

       Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or
confirmation, type the password or click Continue.

    3. Type the following command and then press Enter:
       netsh winhttp show proxy

       Note The proxy setting is listed next to Proxy Server. If there
is no proxy server, Direct Access <no proxy server> is shown in the
Command Prompt window.

    4. To remove the listed proxy setting, type the following command
and then press Enter:
       netsh winhttp reset proxy     "

To close the Command Prompt window type
exit
Press Enter

Open Windows Update in the Control Panel. Click the 'Check for updates'
link in the left frame. Can the system access the Update servers and
download the update now ?

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

Lost_Soul O_o wrote:
> This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC
> (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it
> said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered
> "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC.
>
> Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC.
> I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version.
> I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update
> to Windows 7.
0
MowGreen
4/2/2010 8:43:22 PM
I would like to thank all of you for your help, but I seen to be having
problems downloading all of the updates (service packs included). Every time
I click the final link to the downloads it said the site is down.
Again, its a shame but if I can't locate what exactly the problem is myself
then I'll have to put this down.

Internet TV is not that necessary...

Argg! How do I find an invalid ext reference when updating links?
I get the message invalid ext reference when I am trying to replace a link. I have deleted some of the sheet of the feeder sheet but I thought I had already updated those where the reference had been deleted? How can I get round this problem? Thanks a lot Adam Hi Adam See if there are any broken links in menu Insert > Names > Define. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:E1601C56-AFF2-479A-AB5A-D21744912EB2@microsoft.com... > I get the message invalid ext reference when I am trying to replace a link. > > I h...

Changing Windows
Is it possible to dynamically change windows by switching the pointers/handles? It could apply to pretty much any window. I am trying to create dynamic splitter using a static splitter. Currently, I delete all views and change the parameters of the splitterwnd to not create a view. Then, I simply delete the splitterwnd, recreate it, then recreate the views. That works just fine and dandy. I was thinking of adding a DefaultView in place of a view, then just replacing pointers, so I don't have to delete the view and recreate it. I would like to changing this m_wndSplitter.Create...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 07-16-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportunity to acquire this book because it relieves you of the trouble and the question Problems and solutions for ...

Office 2007 Compatibility Update
I've downloaded the Office 2007 Compatibility Update, but it's an .iso file. I've tried burning it to a CD, but it still is an unrecognizable file format when I try to run the .iso file from the CD. Is there something I'm missing to make this work? -- Brandon ================== Presentations Direct - http://www.presentationsdirect.com > Binding Machines http://www.presentationsdirect.com/binding-machines/gbc-binding-machines.asp > Laminators http://www.presentationsdirect.com/laminators/gbc-laminators.asp > Paper Shredders http://www.presenta...

Windows Live Messenger 2009 randomly closing with DEP Error
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate 32 I have Windows Live Messenger 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.726) No matter if I am signed in or not, I am getting repeated DEP error messages that tells me that Messenger recieved a DEP and is closing and then I get the dialog that it is looking for a solution that i never finds. My question is, how do i find out what is causing the DEP errors to occur? Is it a message coming through my firewall i can block? Is it another problem (I have AVG Virus Scan running)? Is there a log or something that will give me more information? The Windows App...

Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server SMTP issue
Hi, I am having an SMTP issue with Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server. Basically we had a site connector and directory replication setup but this has been removed. I want to accept SMTP mail for the server but when I telnet to the server on port 25 I get no connection. Even on the server locally, telnet 127.0.0.1 25 doesn't work. I have removed the SMTP service in IIS on Windows 2000 server but still Exchagne isn't working. Have reinstalled the IMS too. Any ideas grateful appreciated. VB Does the IMS service start? Hi - The IMS service starts fine. <will.wilcox@gm...

Evaluate File for Last Updated Date
I want to have my macro code determine the date a file was last updated and then from there, decide whether or not to open it. What I don't know is how to access the file's property that returns that date it was updated. If I could just use an "If" statement to say something like this, in principle: If Filename.DateUpdated >= Today() - 1 Then Workbooks.Open Filename End If The goal is to only open files that have been updated within the last two days. Is this possible? Using document properties. IF Filename.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Last S...

MFC Desktop application, child window
hi , I have MFC application, Dialog based,Desktop application and i would like to open child window,from a button in the main window i would like to add free text input in the edit control and child window with combo box control that i can recieve the data after the user configuration. Any code sample will help. Thanks What part of that process are you having trouble with? Use the AppWizard (File/New/Project/Visual C++/MFC/MFC Application) to create a dialog based application. Use the Resource Editor to place buttons on the dialog box. Use the Resource Editor to create new dialogs...

Recover Windows Mail
I reinstalled windows7 in my C: drive, without formatting the drive (over written), and all my mails of Windows Live mail folder was stored in D: drive, after installation of operating system, all my mails disappeared. Then I used a Third party utility named Windows Mail Recovery 3.0.1, the utility showed me all, the mails in C drive, but i am not able to recover the mails for the reason that i am using Demo verson of the Software. Is there any method to recover it from windows mail? "Shahzada Iqbal" > Is there any method to recover it from windows mail? You do...

Office X 10.1.2 to 10.1.5 updates
Each time that I'm trying to install these updates, I get the error 11002:2'-15. Nothing is running even my anti-virus. Does somebody have an answer. Thank you On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:51:05 -0500, Doggy wrote (in message <013f01c3fa81$0c225e50$a401280a@phx.gbl>): > Each time that I'm trying to install these updates, I get > the error 11002:2'-15. Nothing is running even my anti-virus. > > Does somebody have an answer. > > Thank you It's been said, and it seems to have worked for me, that you need to have all internet access disabled. Tim M...

aggregate calculation works in select query but not an update quer
The below query works well as a Select Query. But when I turn it into an update query, I get a whole lot of nothing in the results. Interestingly, if I try to call this query from a Macro on my form, I get error (-20324) repeated the number of times that there are records in the query. It was designed to go into a table of price breaks & decide whether the quantities being ordered meet the price breaks. It then takes either that adjusted price, or the original price & populate the values into a table. Select Query: SELECT QryBOMDetails2.ParentBOMID, QryBOMDetails2.B...

Windows login screen --> unread message link not going away (Outlook 2003)
Hello, I am having a strange problem: On the login to Windows (XP Prof SP2 applied) screen, under my name there is a link stating "1 unread mail message" even though there is no such thing because my "Inbox" is empty. For my Email I am using Outlook 2003 with the latest updates applied. I tried to restart the computer several times but this link will not go away. Does anyone knows how to get rid of it? Thanks ...

How force table update when no bound field updated?
I have a main form with a 'Balance Due' field. There are two balance due controls, one unbound (displayed) and one bound (hidden). I also have a subform which is a continuous form containing payment data. When payment details are entered or changed, the balance due on the main form and in the bound table needs to be updated. The total of payments is summed in the subform footer and the balance due (unbound control) refers to this subform total. In main Form BeforeUpdate, I copy the unbound balance due to the bound balance due. The problem is that when only payment data is...

MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem
Hi! I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver using CreateProcess(). It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() / CloseHandle(). If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the screensaver-process, the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE, 0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont want to use this approach. maybe the system uses different CreateP...

Website displays in entire window.
I am currently working in a project that require intergrating a web based document management tool with CRM. The tool requires the user to login (which is done via a auto login script). During the initial onLoad for a selected account the (homepage/ resulting search) does not stay contained in the IFRAME. In fact the resulting web page take over the entire window. This behavior only happen on the initial login. As long as CRM is not canceled the document management tool sees the user as logged in and all subsiquent querys by account ID execute and display in the IFRAME. ...

Apply this internet update
--sibajqbe Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ivvzftyxvkbualflp"; type="multipart/alternative" --ivvzftyxvkbualflp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="noylsyxkwuwc" --noylsyxkwuwc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help mainta...

turn on toggle keys will not work in windows 7
hi turn on toggle keys will not work in windows 7 Anyone know how to fix please -- Martin ���� Someone in a Windows 7 forum might know. --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est On 12/15/2009 10:02 AM, Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > hi > turn on toggle keys will not work in windows 7 > Anyone know how to fix please Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: > turn on toggle keys will not work in windows 7 > Anyone know how to fix please Does the "non plug'n'play device" "beep" show as enabled or disabled? In XP this is in Device Manager, i...

Printing Excel Formulas without file paths updating
I have numerous spreadsheets that need to be printed showing the formulas. However, some of the formulas are derived using a link to a different spreadsheet (not created on our network). When we open the sheet and choose to not update the links, the spreadhseet opens, and when we view the formulas they appear. However, the file path for some of the formulas also appears using my network information (e.g. c:\documents and settings\name, etc....). Is there a way to retain the original path information? Thank you. ...

Users missing from Advanced Permissions after TM Group Update
I have noticed that each time the Team Members security group is updated, users associated to that group get removed from the Site Settings > Advanced Permissions list of users. It is a seemingly random bunch of users that get removed. And as we add more users to the system, the amount of users that are removed from Advanced Permissions seems to grow when an update is applied. I have noticed that I do receive an error for the group synchronization. It never completes. This definitely seems to be a contributing factor. Is this happening because I am logged in using my pe...

Can u Import Macintosh 2.1 Excel file into Windows Office 2000?
I have Excel spreadsheet generated on Macintosh Verson 2.1. Can this file be imported into Excel Office 2000, on Windows XP? ...

windows mail with aim mail
Hi all, Iuse windows mail with aim mail. It was working fine . Nowmy aim mail is sending the same message over & over until I go to aim mail & delete them. Is it the web site or is it windows mail. Thank for help I do not understand how it is that deleting a message in AIM has any affect on Windows Mail sending a message. Probably there is a relevant detail that you did not mention. Are you using IMAP or POP3 for Windows Mail for your AIM Mail? Probably IMAP, which is more complicated than POP3. If there is a bug in anything, it is more likely AIM Mail. My AIM Mai...

How to update Access MDB via XML Schema?
I have an Access MDB that I have created via VB .NET, thus it is an emply database. I have an XML Schema file (.XSD) that has the schema for the database, how do I get the XML Schema into the Access MDB? I have code that loads, or seems to do so, the XML Schema into a DataSet object, but how do I update the Access MDB with this DataSet Object? A code example if you please. ...

How to remove Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus Deluxe
How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do not want to use MSN Money. In microsoft.public.money, Mike Paul wrote: >How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do not want >to use MSN Money. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899631/ "Mike Paul" <mpaul@dslextreme.com> wrote in message news:%23MRwuy4NIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How do I delete the Windows Live login prompt from Money Plus? I do > not want to use MSN Money. Did you type "windows live" into the help search box? I did and found ...

Deleted file locked in Windows Vista, 2008 and XP
I suddenly have this problem, at least 8 times in the past 2 weeks on a Windows 2008 server, once on a Vista machine, and now once on a Windows XP Professional machine. Each time a file (different files) is deleted, but remains visible, can not be read / renamed / copied / deleted, and only disappears after a reboot. The delete is done in various ways, sometimes a kill statement in VB6 or Excel/VBA, or a DOS MOVE or DELETE statement. I believe the file was at that time already held / locked by the system, and therefore the delete was accepted but not executed. Sometimes p...

Restore from Media
Hi What is the best way to restore corrupt mailboxes from Media via backupexec? I have backup of all the mailboxes I need to restore it for testing in another server, all the mailboxes that have even 1 corrupt email I cannot restore anything. Any Idea? Than'x Shay In news:e9nbyjeBGHA.976@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, S <s@s.com> typed: > Hi > > What is the best way to restore corrupt mailboxes from Media via > backupexec? > I have backup of all the mailboxes I need to restore it for testing in > another server, all the mailboxes that have even 1 corrupt email I...