Windows 7 - Windows Update Agent Version

Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...

What is the latest windows update agent version supported for Windows 7 - 32
bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version installed on our Windows 7
systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.

All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not sure if
I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or RC?

[Ignore the APPLIES TO section if Win7; Access KB971058 via IE8 32-bit only;
Run the Fix It in DEFAULT and AGGRESSIVE modes]
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

This reset will upgrade WUA in the process.

Or see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946928

Or see the FAQ "How do I know if I have the Latest Version of the Windows
Update Client and how do I get the latest client if it is not?" at the top
of the WU forum page:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/threads

Deester wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>
> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for Windows 7 -
> 32
> bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version installed on our Windows 7
> systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>
> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not sure
> if
> I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

0
PA
6/22/2010 4:17:10 PM
Deester wrote:
> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>
> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
> Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
> installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>
> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
> sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...

Reasonable question...

I would usually point such things to:
How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage
updates on a computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104

But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...

It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16, 2010 -
Revision 9.0.

Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html

So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it on
a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
6/22/2010 4:20:06 PM
That article really does not mention Windows 7.  I push my windows update
agent upgrades through SMS.  It concerns me that no where does it say what
windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7.

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> Deester wrote:
> > Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
> >
> > What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
> > Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
> > installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
> >
> > All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
> > sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...
>
> Reasonable question...
>
> I would usually point such things to:
> How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help manage
> updates on a computer
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
>
> But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...
>
> It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16, 2010 -
> Revision 9.0.
>
> Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
> http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html
>
> So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it on
> a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

If you're pushing updates via SMS, this is not the correct support venue.

Deester wrote:
> That article really does not mention Windows 7.  I push my windows update
> agent upgrades through SMS.  It concerns me that no where does it say what
> windows update agent version is the latest for Windows 7.
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Deester wrote:
>>> Not sure if this is the correct forum to post this question ...
>>>
>>> What is the latest windows update agent version supported for
>>> Windows 7 - 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.  The version
>>> installed on our Windows 7 systems appears to be 7.3.7600.16385.
>>>
>>> All of our other operating systems are running 7.4.7600.226.    Not
>>> sure if I can run this version with Windows 7 or not...
>>
>> Reasonable question...
>>
>> I would usually point such things to:
>> How to obtain the latest version of the Windows Update Agent to help
>> manage
>> updates on a computer
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
>>
>> But it does not mention Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2...
>>
>> It does mention 7.4.7600.226 - information likely added on April 16,
>> 2010 -
>> Revision 9.0.
>>
>> Other places around the Internet indicate it is for Windows 7 as well..
>> http://windows7center.com/forums/patches/4137-new-windows-7-update-agent.html
>>
>> So maybe use that article (949104) and get the latest version and try it
>> on
>> a test machine with Windows 7 x64 - JiC.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>>      MS-MVP
>> --
>> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>>

>> .

0
PA

Vehicle update
If I have my car listed as an asset, can I periodically upgrade the value thru an online service? Thank You. ...

GP 7.5 in a Disaster Recovery Scenerio
I need to install (so that I can document) recovering GP 7.5 in our Off-site disaster recovery site. Basically what I've done so far is recover the SQL Server (including user schema and GP Databases) Installed GP Server on the Server - From their I'm kinda lost. What I THINK I might need to do is then restore my production GreatPlains Shared Directory from the Production Server to the DR Server and then edit my Dynamics.set file to point to the recovered GreatPlains folder.. Shouldn't this load all my custom reports dictionaries?????? seems like I'm missing someth...

SQL Statement to Update ReorderPoint based on QTY Sold During time
I am using RMS 1.3 with SQL 2005 SQL Statement to Update ReorderPoint based on QTY Sold During certin time frame. 2weeks, 3weeks, Month, 2 Month We sell unique products where reorder level changes every 2-3 months. We want to run a SQL query and update item table with ReorderPoint and ReorderQTY based on QTY sold during specific period. Please review this SQL Statement SELECT ItemLookupCode, ReorderPoint, SUM(lastweek.Quantity) as LastWeek, SUM(lastqy.Quantity) as LastQY FROM Item LEFT JOIN TransactionEntry l...

saving to an older version
I am trying to save a publisher 2002 file to 2000 version. It won't allow me to save it in this version! (have done the file-save as-thing in the menu but it says it cannot save the file) Anybody have any ideas? I am desperate! Lots of images? Publisher 2000 does not use image compression, could be the file is too large to convert. The WordArt is different as well. The Publisher 2002 format is typically only 40 % of the size of the same publication in the Publisher 2000 format. The following article may address your issue. The program stops responding when you try to open the "...

Support for Windows Vista
I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective April 13, 2009. I hope this is not true since it means that system updates will be discontinued and Windows Essentials will no longer provide security for this Windows application. What can you tell me about this? Thanks, Gene L. "Gene L." <Camelotscc@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:2EBE3AF5-8746-491D-A95B-D534B33B569E@microsoft.com... > I just read that Microsoft is stopping support of Windows Vista effective > April 13, 2009. > > I hope this is not true sin...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

incorrect email version set up in excel, word, etc
when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? -- llp I finally figured it out by reading some of the previous discussion questions. go to Internet explorer => internet options=>program tab=> change from express to outlook. Restart and it took care of the issue. -- llp "llp" wrote: > when I hit the email icon in word & excel the email area is different and it > does not point to the correct address book. Any suggestions? > > -- > l...

update a table from a form
HELP!!!!! OK, I have an parts inventory database that when the maintenance people need a part, they look up the part and they need to enter a qty that they took. There are also fields that show how many were ordered, received. I have the form set up so that the QtyAvail = [qtyreceived]-[qtyused] and that works fine.....once. I know we shouldn't store calc data in a table, but how can I keep a running total of my inventory and also be able to run a report showing all my parts, their qty's, etc... I'm desperate! Are there any good inventory templates out there? Thanks, Bill R....

Outlook data file size is stucked.. not decreasing from 4.7 GB
I have configured four Email account in Outlook 2007. One of My Gmail account was having 2000 mails. so, data file for that account was 4.7 GB.( I am having windows vista and NTFS drives. ). Problem is now I have deleted some mails and only 800 mails are there. but even though file size is 4.7 GB only.. it is not decreasing .. can any one help ? it was having significant number of attachments (videos)... So, at starting it was ok... 4.7 gb was data... but Now I have deleted all the mails... and then also file is not decreasing... I am using IMAP... I have also unsubscribed &q...

Does Money Support INternet update from TD Bank ?
I just installed Money 2004. I want to setup direct Internet update from TD Bank, I don't see it under customize updates. Does TD Bank support direct Internet downloads ? If so, how can I find out? If not, which banks in Canada support direct Internet Download ? Thanks There are no banks in Canada which support it right now as far as I know. They are all web-connect... it had something to do with some earlier banking law I think. I know that Quicken XG (CDN) boasted that is supported direct download (with the caveat that the bank had to support it). When I called the rep he said t...

windows mail uitgaande email
sinds gisteren kan ik geen email meer verzenden met Windows Mail. Ik krijg de volgende foutmelding: Er is een onbekende fout opgetreden. Protocol: SMTP, Poort: 0, Beveiligd(SSL): Nee, Foutnummer: 0x800C013E. Kan iemand mij vertellen wat ik moet doen? The error message you got is very typical of interference caused by=20 an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. Email ...

Shorten a 7 digit number in a text field
I have a text field with 7 digit numbers in it (none starting with zero) called 'USE_DCAT'. I want to run a query that shortens the 7 digits to the first 3. I am using: Left ([qryRPI.USE_DCAT], 3) but this returns nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Per DLT: >I have a text field with 7 digit numbers in it (none starting with zero) >called 'USE_DCAT'. I want to run a query that shortens the 7 digits to the >first 3. I am using: Left ([qryRPI.USE_DCAT], 3) but this returns nothing. >Any help would be greatly appreciated. The syntax looks unfamiliar...

Outlook PST in WINDOWS/WUTEMP?
Hi, As Administrator on a Windows XP Professional machine, I deleted the contents of C:\WINDOWS\WUTEMP. Now one of my users can't access there pst file and I can't find it anywhere. Did Outlook really create her default pst file in that folder? The only other user on that computer (with Admin privilages) has their pst file in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\LocalSettings\.......... help!? Any way to recover. -Ken Whacked wrote: > Hi, > > As Administrator on a Windows XP Professional machine, I deleted the > contents of C:\WINDOWS\WUTEMP. Now one of my users can't...

Forms and reports
(Access 2002 - Windows XP Pro) I have a table "orders", a form "NewOrders" with a subform "newOrderSub", a select query called "queryTotals" and a report "rptPO" To start the process, I open NewOrders, write all the details about cost centres, delivery, etc on the main form. The details of the orders go in the subform e.g.. item ordered, cost. On the main form there is a command button with the following code behind it: stDocName = "rptPO" stLinkCriteria = "[PO_Nbr]=" & Me![PO_Nbr] Me.Refresh DoCmd.Op...

How to prevent Internet Mail Service updating all receipients' email addresses
I've had to put another Exchange 5.5 server (ExchangeB) in my organization. We already have one Exchange 5.5 (ExchangeA). ExchangeA is having major problems and I'm looking at taking this offline. It currently acts as the bridgehead server and has the Internet Mail Service connected configured accordingly. Both Exchange servers have the same Home Site and are synchronizing and replicating between each other correctly. Mailboxes have successfully been migrated from ExchangeA to ExchangeB and the client machines are recognising this and re-configuring themselves accordingly when logging...

Question about getting OS language version in VC++
Dear all, I am writting an application with VC++. I want to ask how to obtain the information of the language version of the Window OS ? For example, for Window 2000 English version, how to know that the Window 2000 is in "English" version even if the locale setting in control panel is set to Chinese or other non-English language. If anyone knows this issue, can you tell me what method can get this information. Urgent, Thanks. Thanks, Benny Take a look at the GetSystemDefaultLCID() API. Use LANGIDFROMLCID & PRIMARYLANGID macros to get the language id from ...

Windows Installer Issue....
Hi All, A couple of weeks ago, one of our (under-protected) office PC's was infected by some sort malware or spyware (I wasn't involved in this process). Following it's removal with a new installation of Kaspersky anti-virus, Windows Installer wants to run whenever we launch certain applications. I've gone and shut-off Windows Installer globally by disabling it using the Group Policy Editor, but it(Windows Installer) still flashes up for a couple of seconds before going away. Is it possible to restore whatever was lost during the malware eradication to preven...

lpp lpp lpp lpp after installing MS Office update
Yo, homies. I also got the Autoupdate, dutifully installed it, and went off to cook some stew. When I came back, Safari was open (I'd opened it already to check out the Update info from Microsoft), and there were a dozen copies of a file called "lpp" (just like the Unix lpp?) attempting to download. I deleted them from the download list quicker than you can say Jack Robinson. I did a search on 'lpp' afterwards and just found the normal files with that string in them. What the heck is up? I haven't been doing anything exotic enough to catch a virus, but neither c...

MSExchangeMGMT Event ID 7
I've been receiving the following error and can't seem to find any help on it in the Knowledge Base or via google: The Microsoft Exchange Management service denied user "sbsmonacct" access to "CN=Mailbox Store (SBSERVER),CN=First Storage Group,CN=InformationStore,CN=SERVER,CN=Servers,CN=first administrative group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=DOMAIN,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local" because the Access Control List (ACL) for it contained non-domain specific access control entries (ACE) Any insight would be appreciated. ...

Troubleshoot Outlook calendar update/deletion running Exchange 2007 SP1
Our clients are Office 2003 Pro SP3, server is Exchange 2007 SP1. From time to time, we have complains that deleted meetings don't get to the invitee's calendar, or it's showing updated instead of removing from the calendar. How can I investigate this? I'd assume this has to do with Outlook more than on the Exchange server? Some users have Blackberries and we have BES running, much appreciate your help. ...

Modifying SOP Window
Hi, I'm new to modifying windows in Great Plains. Could someone tell me how I can add the Bill To: e-mail address field to the Window: SOP_Entry or at least linked directly to it? I saw the INET field in the global field section but it doesn't let me add it to the window. Not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Any help is appreciated. Lynn Each window has a primary table linked to it, and you can only drag fields from that table onto the window. You will have to create a local field and the functionality for it, and then retrieve/save the data to the table that holds th...

Windows CE power off message
Hi, Is there a way to detect that a windows CE device is being turned off? The device is running Windows CE .NET version 4.2. We have a data input card attached that doesn't alway recover if we're in the middle of taking a measurement when the power goes off. I'd like to pause measurements before the unit shuts down. Regards, Ask in NG microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded.vc Regards, Guido "mfr" <mfr@community.nospam> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:41A6E3B8-2A04-4EEA-94EF-09958281B559@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Is there a way to detect that a window...

Trial M04: Mutual Fund prices not updating
When does money update the prices on Mutual Funds? I am looking at the portfolio view in Money and it shows me the closing prices for wednesday August 13th, yet I'm writing this the evening (11pm) of August 14th. I've told Money to update the prices and it apparently does so as there is no error reported. My other holdings (for what it's worth, they're stocks) are showing the closing prices for August 14th. The particular mutual funds in question are FBGRX, FEQIX and FUSEX. Thanks, Jeff P.S. remove _nospam to reply directly via e-mail. It's due to the power outage ...

Windows Live ID Login
I tried to log into my Money Plus file today and have been getting an error log into Windows Live. I can log onto Windows Live sites from a web browser just not on through Money. Has anyone else been having this problem? The following article is a very good reference to resolve this issue: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891338/en-us Take care, Rick H. "NealT" wrote: > I tried to log into my Money Plus file today and have been getting an error > log into Windows Live. I can log onto Windows Live sites from a web browser > just not on through Money. Has anyone else b...

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...