Update KB978542 error code 0x80070005

I keep getting a "fail" when trying to get the security update for Windows XP
KB978542.  Error message is 0x80070005. I have already changed permissions,
but not resolved.
Any solution out there?

WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

zerotwo wrote:
> I keep getting a "fail" when trying to get the security update for Windows
> XP KB978542.  Error message is 0x80070005. I have already changed
> permissions, but not resolved.
> Any solution out there?

0
PA
5/30/2010 3:28:04 PM
Hi!

I got the same problem on my Windows Home Server (german). No Anti-Virus or
Firewall installed. All other updates are installed without problems: earlier
updates and younger updates.
Any idea?

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> WinXP SP2 or SP3?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
>

> zerotwo wrote:
> > I keep getting a "fail" when trying to get the security update for Windows
> > XP KB978542.  Error message is 0x80070005. I have already changed
> > permissions, but not resolved.
> > Any solution out there?
>
> .

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

Reason Code Report #2
I sell a perishable product, therefore I need to be able to track product that has perished. In the help menu, under reason codes, it states, the information is stored for use in tracking and reporting. That is why I chose this method to record dead plants. Now I need to know the cost and profit lost of these dead plants, as well, I don't want to purchase them again. So how do I get the information???? I read about a guy tracking dead fish by making the item inactive, although he was having trouble, should I change how I track this info for the future? I would greatly appreciate h...

Determining Changes between an Old and Updated Database
Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able tocompare the new database to the old one to determine exactly whatchanged from the new to the old. Any ideas? Set up linked tables so you can access data in one database from theother; and then use queries (especially but not only Find Unmatchedqueries) to examine the data. On 5 Mar 2007 09:49:27 -0800, quinnculver@gmail.com wrote:>Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able to>compare the new database to the old one to determine exactly what>changed from the new to the old. Any ideas?--John Nur...

OE address book
I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6. I am trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book into OE6. I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened OE6, clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved Netscape address book to import. I receive the message "application error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll", and nothing is imported. What am I doing wrong, or do I need to reinstall OE6? How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to? Thank you. K.C. This newsgroup is ...

An install code missing

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

Not sure why this code isn't working
Hello, I have a subform in Access 2003 with these fields, type of day, OLPEndDate, OLPBeginDate. At the end of each row, I want to calculate the total day taken for that particular vacation request, so if a person took 12/1/2009-12/2/2009 then the last field "TotalOLPTaken" should calculate as 1. What's happening is that it does calculate but all of the rows calculate to the same number. If I put the cursor in the second row and that row happens to have 12/4/2009-12/6/2009, then even the row with 12/1-12/2 calculates as 2. Then if I put the cursor back in the fi...

need some SQL Update Help
I have a Access 2000 db and I have these 2 tables. ArchInvoices --------------- InvoiceID - Primary Key - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - long SaleType - char(1) TransactionDate - DateTime Discount - Integer WholesaleFlag - Boolean PaymentMethod - Char(6) CustPONumber - Char(30) ShortName - Char(30) MdCountCode - char(2) TaxFreeID - char(30) Paid - Boolean FestInvoiceNumber - long The second Table is: ArchLineItems --------------- TransactionType - char(1) Units - integer UnitCost - Double BottleSize - Double LineItemId - PrimaryKey - Autonumber InvoiceNumber - Long - Foreign Key Field from Arc...

Year end payroll tax update
I see that Microsoft recommends updating to service pack 6 before installing the year end payroll tax update. We are on SP5 and wonder how critical this latest service pack really is. Does anyone know what will happen if we just install the tax update, without installing SP6? Thanks! I was in the same situation and decided to install Service Pack 6 because we do 1099's from Payables and there was a fix in SP6 for them. The install of Service Pack 6 and the Year-End update went well and we haven't had any problems since. >-----Original Message----- >I see that Micro...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

Compile error
Hi, My below code has a compile error : Expected: list seperator or ) Pls help solve it. Sub Consolidation() 'Copy to the next line in the target file' Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook Dim first, last As Long 'Open all files in the folder' With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "N:\Tax\FILE1" .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Open each workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i)) 'Identify 1st row...

Update Receipt Footnote?
Is there a way to update the receipt footnote from the HQ Headquarter to be downloaded to the store to update all their receipts on the registers vs. having to remote to each location HQ manager to change the receipt footnote? Ed, No, its part of the receipt properties. You would have to modify the receipt at HQ, send it to the store and then re-select it in the receipt formats. That's probably something you should suggest to be added in future HQ updates. http://tinyurl.com/8l5m5 -- = "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B7DDD39-8949-470...

Quantity not updating on voided POP Trx.
I voided one Shipment / Invoice Entry. After voiding, finance part is updated but quantity not updated. Anybody know why inventory not updating? Please help me. ...

HTTP_500 error with mobile active sync
Hi, We have a problem that none of our mobile devices can sync with the Exchange 2003 server. I have done absolutely everyting posible, and found on the knowledge base. The problem is this. When a PPC 2003 connects with activesync over SSL to our exchange 2003, they get authenticated, but after a few seconds they will receive the HTTP_500 error. This is the WC3 log of the IIS site hosting the Active Sync : ##### 172.31.1.4 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=bvh&DeviceId=4FC5706E41B81E1188000050BF1977E0&DeviceType=PocketPC&Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R ...

Office updates changing Outlook settings?
Hello, Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when doing Office updates? Thanks, Jerry Jerry, Which settings were changed, can you be more specific please. I have not seen where doing a general Office Updates changes the standard settings. -- Regards, Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group MVP - Microsoft Outlook "Jerry" <jerrypav456@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:upt1139gpu6vjvgelcc72gstnq2rjjfj1i@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Has anyone experienced some of their Outlook settings changing when > doing Office upd...

Error on Importing Access Query
I am trying to import Access Query to Excel so I can generate pivot table and chart with live data. However importing external data reads column header only, no values. I have done this before, a while ago. I don't understand why this is not working. Can somebody help me? ...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

fatal error LNK1201: error writing to program database
I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. The error occured quite frequently, and I had to restart VisualStudio in order to continue. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks. Michael Could this be your problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238875 Do a search on "LNK1201: error writing to program database" in msdn.microsoft.com AliR. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7823EB9-78EE-4FF9-9C29-30723F6C4126@microsoft.com... > I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. ...

continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002
Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' ad...

Microsoft Office Freezes Computer After Macintosh Automatic Update
Hello everyone, I am having the following problem. I have Microsoft Office 2004 installed on my iMac G5 and it was working fine until I installed two automatic updates for Macintosh. They were: QuickTime Version 7.0.1 (downloaded and installed on June 14th) Security Update 2005-006 Version 1.0 (downloaded and installed on June 14th) Now when I try to open any Microsoft application (Entourage, Word, Excel) the system shows up the first introduction screen for the software and freezes. No key works! I have to hard-boot it and restart my computer. Please let me know what can be wrong or how ...

Error openning Workbook
I am having trouble openning an Excell 2002 workbook. The file is 49 meg in size and I am running Win 2000 OS. The error message provided has no value. just stated whether to send error report to Microsoft. Thanks ...

M00
Hi, all When I update stock prices from the Internet, I get two messages: Component Update: The Internet, banking or brokerage server could not process the request. Please try your call later. (SMC) Money was unable to retrieve currency exchange rates for Euro... The stock prices seem to update correctly. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these messages? Cheers - rick ...

Create Table in code
Hello all, I need to create a table in code with dynamics columns. Anyone do this before? can i see a sample many thanx DAO is best for creating tables. Here's an example showing the various field types and properties: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#CreateTableDAO It is also possible to use ADOX: http://allenbrowne.com/func-ADOX.html#CreateTableAdox Or you could use DDL: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DDL.html#CreateTableDDL -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than ...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...