Update KB973917, KB975929 and KB976264 Killed Network print

When I installed the updates on Vista SP2, the network print stopped working.
I have an old HP printer with an Axis 540 print server and a new Brother
DCP-375CW using Wi-Fi.
The printers are visible form the computer and can be found in add printers,
but no print job gets done, when I roll back the update, they work again.
There is no problem in printing from WinXP machines.

I have stopped using Windows update due to these problems.
Any suggestions on solving this odd problem?

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB999999).

Or you can...

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Snorrason wrote:
> When I installed the updates on Vista SP2, the network print stopped
> working. I have an old HP printer with an Axis 540 print server and a new
> Brother DCP-375CW using Wi-Fi.
> The printers are visible form the computer and can be found in add
> printers,
> but no print job gets done, when I roll back the update, they work again.
> There is no problem in printing from WinXP machines.
>
> I have stopped using Windows update due to these problems.
> Any suggestions on solving this odd problem?

0
PA

Network files Opening read only
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) We have 4 iMacs accessing files from a SBS 2003 SP2 server, drive is shared with full control to everyone. Mac users are setup in AD, and access the Exchange with no issues. Office files will only open as read only, but PDFs, jpg etc all open as read only. SBS server has appletalk enabled, and the Macs can navigate shares with no issues. Can anyone give me advise as to why this is occouring and how i can resolve Having the same problem here using Mac OSX 10.4.11 Server. Server and Mac clients bound to AD. If I find a solution, I will rep...

File name to be printed in "STATUS" update
Hello Dear, I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. However, the status update that I recieve does not give me the file name. Please advise how to set up the file name to be printed in status update. Thank you Majid Hello Sweetheart, What status update are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Majid" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34e001c4aad1$6fcd7880$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello Dear, > I am routing a MS file that was originaly a template. > However, the status update that I recieve does...

How to speed up printing speed?
Hi: In my application, I use the Windows GDI functions such as PolyLine() and SetPixel() to print the ECG wave and backgroud grids; But when the printer driver's resolution is updated to 600 dpi, the printing meta file size dramatically increases; I tried to use memory bitmap method to printing the ECG waves, but it still can not print in high speed; Is there any better method to speed up the printing task with the window GDI function? Any suggestion is appreciated; Loggy Use emf.exe on www.fengyuan.com\download to decode the EMF file to see what is inside, or s...

Duplex Printing collation incorrect
I'm running Office2010 64-bit on Windows7 64-bit. My printer is a HP OfficeJet L7780 connected wirelessly. When I print duplex using the settings on the File (backstage) tab the collation comes out incorrect. For example a 8 page document comes out 2/1, 4/3, 6/5, 8/7. This means that I've got to go through the document and turn over each page. If, on the File tab, I click on the Printer Properties link and set it up for duplex printing the pages come out correctly 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8. ...

Network messaging
How do I set up a message service between two computers on a network? In news:CD9943FE-FDBD-4484-935E-4DFC69646592@microsoft.com, Allan <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > How do I set up a message service between two computers on a network? Well, you don't use Outlook for it, unless you have a mail server somewhere. :) What exactly is it you've got, and what is it you want to achieve? "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote: > > > In news:CD9943FE-FDBD-4484-935E-4DFC69646592@microsoft.com, > Allan <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> t...

pop up sign onto network
I don't want to sign on to the MSN Network but a signon screen keeps popping up every 60 seconds or so. It is especially annoying when I am writing an e-mail message in Outlook. I can't figure out how or where to turn it off. Please help me. ...

Printing in tiling mode
I cannot get the front to back option turned off in publisher in order to print a large size document from my HP printer Any suggestions? This I believe is a printer setting. Open Printer & Fax folder, right-click your printer, click printer preference, general tab, printing preference button, layout options, page order. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Teresa" <Teresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0823F46-249C...

print sideways
I have a worksheet that print previews the way i want it too, but when i actually print the the form prints fine but the words are printed sideways?????? thanks -- Dean When you go into the Print dialog, Click Properties & see if there are any printer settings that might be causing the problem. If not , something is definitely amiss. There is a cell formatting option to re-orient cell content, but that should show up in Print Preview. Go to Format>Cells>Alignment and make sure that everything there is set correctly. (To determine what the settings should be, select an un...

Email address is not updated.
When you receive an email into CRM that can not be resolved to an existing contact or account, CRM offers a handy resolution tool. I have noticed however that if you use the tool to create a new contact or account the email address is not carried over or updated. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? Greg ...

Why Office 2007 updates for office 2003?
We are running Office 2003 on one computer. The March update downloads from MS want me to take and install the following Office 2007 patches: Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB977724) Date last published: 3/9/2010 Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB978380) Date last published: 3/9/2010 These are obviously for Office 2007. The information provided with the update makes no mention of working with or needed by Office 2003. But it keeps suggesting I install these 2 patches. Why? Should I install them? I do have MS Live Meeting 2007 inst...

Printing Multipule Business Cards Per Sheet
I have Publisher 2000 and when I choice Multipule Cards it only prints out 4 per sheet. I am trying to print the standard Avery format of 10 per sheet. Can anyone help me out on how to set this up. From memory (just came flooding back) in Publisher 2000 you actually go to the menu File then Print and there is a button in the bottom left hand side that allows you to change the number per sheet. Yes, it is a bizarre place to have put it. Post back if I am not correct. -- A few messages down the list is this replay I gave to another. In Publisher 2000: File Print Page Options But...

Anyone put OWA 2003 in the "Perimeter" network ?
We have a big a time discussion about let the OWA 2003 in the "internal" or put it in the "perimeter" network. I am publishing OWA 2003 via ISA 2004. The ISA 2004 is in the "DMZ". In a 3-leg ISA 2004 config, it wouldn't be too dificult move the the OWA server to the "Perimeter" NIC and then open all the ports needed to allow communication from the OWA-perimeter to the "internal" networks. Please advise whether people are placing such OWA server in the internal or perimeter network (assume I am using ISA 2004). Thanks. We have a s...

Can't update quotes
I am having a problem updating internet quotes . I use Money 98 Financial Suite. When I attempt to update my quotes online all of my stocks come back as "The symbol "XXX" is invalid". I realize that Money 98 is an old product, but the internet quotes should still update. Don't count on that assertion. One by one it seems quotes downloads for older versions are mysteriously breaking. Can't say for sure about M98--but research posting history for newsgroup microsoft.public.money in advanced groups search at http://groups.google.com for prior postings in the sub...

RMS POS crashing just before receipt prints
I have a Epson TM-T88IV printer installed with an APG cash drawer on RMS 2.0 SP3. they are configured through the Epson OPOS ADK and in the Database>Registers>Properties window. when I complete a sale the cash drawer opens but the program crashes before the receipt prints. It comes up with an error saying "Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range. The strange thing is, when I go to [ctrl+shift+F5] Peripherals, everything checks out A-OK. I've read countless discustions trying to figure this out and nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea...

Updateable Query problem in Windows 7
I'm using Office 2003 in a new windows 7 computer. I copied a database to the new computer from the server. When I try to run the following query, I get a "must use updateable query" error. UPDATE LowStockListQuery1B INNER JOIN NewList3 ON LowStockListQuery1B.number = NewList3.item SET NewList3.LowStk = Yes; LowStockListQuery1B : SELECT stock.distrib, supplier.name, stock.number, stock.desc, stock.low, stock.reordquant FROM stock LEFT JOIN supplier ON stock.distrib = supplier.code WHERE (((stock.distrib)=[Forms]![LLPage]![Combo8]) AND ((stock.low)<2) AND (...

printing envelopes in Word 07
Help! I can't get my Ricoh Aficio MP C4000 printer to print envelopes that I have inserted into the document. I can print the envelopes the regular way, but my boss doesnt want to have our envelopes printed professionally anymore and so I insert the envelope into the document so that I can format the return address to look more professional. When I tell it to print, the printer whirs but doesnt print. Sometimes it does nothing at all. How can i get it to wake up? I have tried changing the document size in the print properties to envelope size, but then the envelope gets...

printing duplex (both sides)
How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone have any ideas? Robinson wrote: > How is it, that I used to be able to print duplex,(ie > both sides of the paper, as in a booklet) when on > Publisher 2000 and now I'm on xp, that I can't. anyone > have any ideas? This is an issue with your printer driver. Your printer driver on the OS prior to XP supported duplexing. Now that you have Windows XP, the drivers have changed and your current driver do...

How do I 'Print Preview an excel worksheet in color?
I'm using XP and need to 'print preview' in color. Mine is black and white. How do I change this setting? Hi Carole, I'm afraid you will have to lie! You need to install a printer that does colours and set this as the printer to be used by your workbook. It does not matter that you do not have this printer - unless you hit the Print icon! Now print preview is in colour. Suggestions: any HP DeskJet printer, or if it shows up as an installed printer, Microsoft Document Image Printer best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "...

Is there an automatic display/print the filename on sheet in Exce.
Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003 in the footer? Hi Menu File > Page setup, pane Header/Footer. HTH. best wishes Harald "Geoff F" <Geoff F@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:F3571885-F72D-44DF-9D30-C8B7882CE27D@microsoft.com... > Is there an automatic display/print the filename on a workbook in Excel 2003 > in the footer? Geoff - You can either resort to VBA to put the filename in the footer, or you can create a template on which to base all your workbooks, and follow Harald's suggestion for the fo...

Update results
Online updates seem to no longer work for me. Been trying since yesterday on multiple accounts. Are there some tricks I can use to figure out what is causing this? In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >Online updates seem to no longer work for me. Been trying since yesterday on >multiple accounts. Are there some tricks I can use to figure out what is >causing this? Since Yesterday? Occasionally more patience may be needed. http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp can sometimes give you some relevant information. But you also might be able to go to AccountList->...

Automatically update charts for only the most current 12 months?
I am trying to update 8 different charts in one workbook. The charts are based off of one table that is a running total for 1997-2005 and is continually being updated monthly. The charts only show the most current 12 months. How can I make the charts get updated automatically. The data is entered in column by column. See Dynamic Charts http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html particularly example 2 -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F0602...

saving without updating
heres my scenario.. i have made a database using excel that aproximatel 20 roofing estimates draw from for material pricing.... when i open on of the estimate files it asks me if i want to update values or not if do want to then i click yes if i dont want to i click no.... i kno that i can set my excel to open and update automatically but this i why i havnt been able to do that as of yet.... lets say i make a estimate and i have a price that i give to a customer... lets say h calls me in a week and asks me to go over the estimate with him... wel if any of the prices of material have changed i...

Archive Update is in progress at http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/!
It won't be long now until Open Source Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Long Term Support Alpha 2 comes out! Sure, but you would be a FOOL to install that piece of crap Alpha on your PC. But in YOUR case, it's OK, since you can't really use your computer anyway. Just FYI. Just FYI. Did I say Just FYI? Remember that these posts are For Your Information and that is why we say Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. Just FYI. "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:10bbf1b2-7ecc-485e-b2f3-9280d70adb2a@k17g2000yqh.google...

Updating SQL Queries in Excel
Hi, as a newbie I have created queries on several work sheets of a work book. Each one is saved with a different name. This is all working fine. However, when I want to update each query I have to log on individually to each one. I really wanted to log on to the database only once and then have all the queries run and update similtaniously and to avoid have to log on to each one. Can anyone help me with that? You need to create stored procedures. What database is it? HTH Bob "Laura" <lvlandmark@gmail.com> wrote in message news:03c96f3c-8b14-49ef-9ab8-0cf...

How can I easily update formulas that include new rows?
I have a worksheet that I use to update league baseball game stats on a daily basis. Each day as many as 13 new rows are added to the bottom. I then have to go to the top of 10 separate columns one at a time to update SUM formulas so that they will include the new rows. For example, Col C may have a formula at the top of the col that reads: =SUM(C4:C300). After the addition of say 9 rows, I have to manually change the formula to read: =SUM(C4:C309). Is there a way to type that 309 in a blank cell just once and have all the SUM formulas refer to it? TIA for your help. OldKenGoat Hi ...