Service Pak 1 Update

Installed new hard drive; reinstalled Vista Home Premium.  DVD Maker has
reverted to original condition as when purchased.  It does not recognize my
"E" drive in the drop down box.  Eventually it did recognize "E" and
everything was fine.  I assumed it was a Microsoft Update of some kind,
perhaps Service Pak 1.  I downloaded SP1 but when attempting to run it, it
has an error message:  80070904.  So... question 1:  will SP1 make DVD Maker
operational?  question 2:  how do I resolve this error message?

Thanks,

Try posting in microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices newsgroup.

alamain wrote:
> Installed new hard drive; reinstalled Vista Home Premium.  DVD Maker has
> reverted to original condition as when purchased.  It does not recognize
> my
> "E" drive in the drop down box.  Eventually it did recognize "E" and
> everything was fine.  I assumed it was a Microsoft Update of some kind,
> perhaps Service Pak 1.  I downloaded SP1 but when attempting to run it, it
> has an error message:  80070904.  So... question 1:  will SP1 make DVD
> Maker
> operational?  question 2:  how do I resolve this error message?
>
> Thanks,

PA

Field Service Inventory Transfer
Good Afternoon, I go to Transactions--> Service Call Management--> Inventory Transfers. Then I bring up a document and change the 'To Site ID' . When I put in a 'QTY Picked' and save the document. The document also changes the 'Qty Ordered' to zero. Why does it change the quantity ordered field? I am told that in past versions the quantity ordered field didn't change (we are using 9.00.0294). If this is true can any setting be changed so that the quantity order field doesn't change when changing the 'To site ID' and the entering a 'Qty...

CRM 1.2

CRM 1.2 Installation Problems
Hi, I have just installed crm server 1.2 on a windows 2000 server box with sp4 and sql 2000 sp3a. This is a member server of an active directory domain. The domain controllers are running windows 2003 and one of them is running exchange 2003. The crm server install works ok, and i can browse to the server via internet explorer ok, and also open up the deployment manager without any errors. my problem occurs when i go to install either the exchange email router or the sales for outlook cd. It keeps telling me it cannot find the crm server. I have tried using the ip address and tried...

Missing import filter for Word! Like "WordPerfect 5.1 (UNIX)" ...
I'm missing much import filter on Office-Mac (specially WordPerfect 5.1 UNIX for Word.mac). Office 95/97/2000/XP for windows have much more useful import filter. Why all this filter are missing in Office.mac????? Or are all them included in an additional package????? Hi Dieter, This question has been answered over and over again in the Macintosh Word newsgroup. Take a gander in that newsgroup for your answer. Office does not ship with a converter because a converter has not been built that does a good job with converting. Details are here: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/General/WordP...

DCOM cannot start a service
Tipo de suceso: Error Origen del suceso: DCOM Categor�a del suceso: Ninguno Id. suceso: 10000 Fecha: 10/04/2010 Hora: 17:02:10 Usuario: NT AUTHORITY\Servicio de red Equipo: PCEDU Descripci�n: No se puede iniciar un servidor DCOM: {1F87137D-0E7C-44D5-8C73-4EFFB68962F2}. El error: "El sistema no puede hallar el archivo especificado. " Ha ocurrido mientras iniciaba este comando: -Embedding Para obtener m�s informaci�n, vea el Centro de ayuda y soporte t�cnico en 'Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search' (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp). ...

Windows XP Update problem help needed..
Am running Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version : 5.01.2600 Service Pack 3 Problem is that when I go to the Windows update site it shows the following updates available: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) I tryed to install them along with others updates listed and it showed they succeeded along with the others but when I rest...

CRecordset Update() Exception "4-6"
Has anybody experieced this error when calling Update? I'm trying to update a blob in an Oracle DB. but when I call update I get the above error. It seems to work fine with all other fields, I only have this problem with blobs. Thanks Rafael ...

HTTP Error 403.1
hello all, I have installed CRM 1.2 on a Windows SBS 2003 with SQL SP4. I make an additional CRM folder in ISS and change the port from 80 to 8083. Now we get the following error After we login to CRM: The page cannot be displayed You have attempted to execute a CGI, ISAPI, or other executable program from a directory that does not allow programs to be executed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please try the following: Contact the Web site administrator if you believe this directory should allow execute access. HTTP Error 403.1 - Forbid...

Memories of Lotus 1-2-3
Way back in the deep dark recesses of my memory I seem to recall some way of extracting all unique values of a certain field from a database in Lotus 1-2-3 to a different portion of the spreadsheet. I have a need to do the same thing now, but like most of the world, I am using Excel now. I can't seem to figure out how to get this done in Excel...in Lotus...I think it was with a data - extract command. Thanks for the help !! Put a label cell on top of the column containing the data Click on the label cell and then pulldown: Data > Filter > Advanced Filter... Check Copy to a...

CRM SDK
Hi, Is it possible to use the CRMQuote.Update method to update a field of a quote WHERE the quote is already activated? An activated quote has its fields in read-only mode, but I want to be able to update a custom field of an "activated" quote. Please let me know if this is possible, e.g., can I convert the quote to "update-mode", make the change, then put it back in read-only mode? thanks. ...

Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price
Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price. Is there a simple work around? You are not telling us very much. Which excel Which method- Be specific Which symbol(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Usainsomthing" <Usainsomthing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68B8D8FE-3C1C-496B-97C2-95E396EED6DB@microsoft.com... > Excel doesn't recognize stock symbol and won't update price. Is there a > simple work around? Thanks, Don. I have three NYSE listings that it doesn't r...

updates
yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe (didn't work. Did reset to earlier day, still no work. Help please??? "metro mom" <metromom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4F06763-698D-42AA-94B7-FBE2697A0DC6@microsoft.com... > yesterday downloaded updates. Just after sys reset I can't open Outlook. > Errors detected in fir. use scanpst.exe Sorry, but there is no error message in Outlook that mentions "errors in fir". Do not paraphrase error mess...

Outlook and Service Pack 3
Office XP service pack 3 is interfering somehow with Outlook 2002 functionality. Following installation of service pack 3, every time I am sending an email a warning pops up stating "A program is trying to access e- mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you wish to allow this?" Then I have to choose yes or allow access for one minute. A virus is not present on my computer. I have offloaded and reloaded Office XP and it functions fine until I load service pack 3. I have gone through all settings but cannot find a fix. PLEASE advise what to do with this irritati...

HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable 8004011d-0526-00000000
Hello All: Can someone help , My exchange server went down I get the HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable error message when I log in with Outlook Web Access , The log files are as followed : MSExchangeSA 9175 1/10/2005 2:45 PM 1,524 * The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 For more information, click ht...

Update and lock records
Greetings! Some day I hope to be really good at this, but that day <> today! So I welcome your suggestions. I am creating a db for simple invoicing, and payment history. no inventory or purchasing. Invoices can have multiple line items. Each line item can have multiple payments. FrmInvoice1Edit - Main Form containing a tab control with 2 subforms frmInvoiceDetail1Edit and frmPayments1Edit when an invoice line item is paid in full: The Paid field on frmInvoiceDetail1Edit should be set to True the line item record in frmInvoiceDetail1Edit and frmPayments1Edit should...

Expiration of Download Services
My current version of Money Plus H&B expires in 8/2009. I am in the process of buying a new computer. If I install Money Plus H&B on the new computer will the expiration date stay at 8/2009 or will it be 1/2011? Thanks for the info. My expiration date was 9/2009 when I originally installed it. Last January I re-installed it on my new Vista machine and it still is 9/2009. It appears that when you activate it goes to the data base to find when you first install. "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5169470-5C74-4890-A749-2DFC610...

Update formulae
Financial planning spreadsheet containing many long interdependent formula needs to be updated from 04 to 05. Is there some quick way of editing this (ie find/replace)? -- Fionn Hi, Fionn- The answer is "Probably yes", but will you please provide an example of a formula? If it was a simple search and replace you probably would have done it already. Is it a matter of changing a cell reference from 'SheetName'!A1 to 'SheetName'!B1, where A1 is a 2004 total and B1 is a 2005 total? ...

outlook quit sending emails after last windows updates.
After yesterdays download of windows updates, outlook quit sending emails. I use 3 email accounts, all three through different services and all three receive, but all 3 quit sending. HELP! Version of Outlook? Type of mail accounts? Which exact updates did you install? The Windows Update log lists KB numbers behind the updates. Did you reboot after applying the updates? Which send/receive errors do you get? A common cause for sending not working after applying updates is that your (3rd party) firewall blocks the updated version of outlook.exe. Recreating the outgoing excep...

How do you delete only 1 or 2 gridlines
Can anyone advise how to delete 1 or 2 gridlines. I know how to add them or remove them but need to only delete part of the four. Thanks Format-->Cells, Border tab. In the bottom-left of the dialog, click only on the ones that you want to UNdo. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "pauline21" <pauline21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7947B9CA-5A5E-4BC9-AE5C-9C538BE4315E@microsoft.com... > Can anyone advise how to delete 1 or 2 gridlines. I know how to add them > or > remove them but need to only delete part of the f...

Medical CDs
Medical CDs - [Part 1], [Part 2], [Part 3 = MEDLINE 1986-1998] CDs, [Part 4 = Dragon Naturally Speaking CDs, and IBM Via Voice CDs, including Medical Solutions], [Part 5 = Math Solving, and Statistics Porgrams], [Part 6 = Various - Medical Cliparts, Medical Photodiscs, Medical Imaging Suites] buy, risk-free purchase, working, tested, fully functional, very cheap discounted price, low cost, quality OEM software, 2005/09/03 Vilppu Studio Pelvis Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Lower Leg Anatomy DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Proportion DVDrip 1CD 2005/08/20 Vilppu Studio Feet...

ODBC Timeout on update
I have an interesting problem. I am using Access 2002 frontend and SQL backend. I have 3 forms which all share 1 subform. The subform adds\updates a table in SQL and is linked to the parent form using the child\master fields. On two of the parent forms, the subform updates the table without any trouble but on the third I get a timeout error. After the error - the subform starts to work correctly and I don't have any more trouble until I load the form again. The fact that the subforms performs satisfactorily on two of the parent forms suggests that there isn't a problem there and the...

Some shared calendars do not reflect updates
Strange problem in Outlooks 2007 with Exchange 2007 hosted by Intermedia.net. We have a collection of resource accounts (meeting rooms) with shared calendars that we do bookings against. Some of these calendars refuse to update from cache unless we force an update with Shift+F9. Everything works fine if we turn off Cached Exchage Mode, of course, but operation becomes painfully slow. Deleting and rebuilding the .ost file does not help. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

Support for ALL .NET Framework SECURITY update installation issues
Please see: When installing .Net Framework updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982 If no joy, from the Knowledge Base article for ALL of the .NET Security updates: " How to obtain help and support for this security update For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with secur...

Service Calender Views
We have several locations using CRM and would like to be able to isolate the service calender views to the specific locations. Is there any way to do that? -- Healthy Heart Hello Perhaps create differents services in parameters. + Pat B a �crit : > We have several locations using CRM and would like to be able to isolate the > service calender views to the specific locations. Is there any way to do > that? -- Clark Blog � propos de MSCRM3.0 sur SBS 2003 : http://mscrm3.blogspot.com ...

Force client refresh after site update. How to?
Hi, Can someone please suggest a reliable way of forcing refresh of a site that has been updated? I'm running into problems with java script and some images (e.g. menu backgrounds, buttons, etc.) which do not always get sent to clients after being changed. The only solution seems for clients to click "Refresh" button in their browser. Thanks. Hi, Make the behaviour of update button to submit <form method="post" action="/Home/UpdatePage.aspx?Action=Update" > <input type="submit" runat="server" id="bt...