Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.

For Windows Server 2003.

This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or
what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is
just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at
the end of the installs.

Can anyone help please?

I downloaded the update manually from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en

Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update is
still logged as not Installed!

Did you reboot the Server after manually installing this Update which needs a reboot

--
Peter

"Athanas" <Athanas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For Windows Server 2003.
>
> This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or
> what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is
> just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at
> the end of the installs.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I downloaded the update manually from:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en
>
> Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update is
> still logged as not Installed!

0
Peter
3/19/2010 10:16:59 PM
See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956744

For home users (only), no-charge support is available by calling
1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
updates.  When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB56744).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Athanas wrote:
> For Windows Server 2003.
>
> This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't
> or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it
> is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation
> screen at the end of the installs.
>
> Can anyone help please?
>
> I downloaded the update manually from:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en
>
> Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update
> is
> still logged as not Installed!

0
PA
3/20/2010 12:24:45 AM

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> See the "How to obtain help" section of
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956744
>
> For home users (only), no-charge support is available by calling
> 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United
> States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.
> There is no-charge for support calls that are associated with security
> updates.  When you call, clearly state that your problem is related to a
> Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB56744).
>
> Or you can...

> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527
>
> Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
> can visit the following pages for assistance:
> https://consumersecuritysupport.microsoft.com/
> http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

> your usual support contacts.
>

> Athanas wrote:
> > For Windows Server 2003.
> >
> > This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message
> > that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't
> > or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it
> > is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation
> > screen at the end of the installs.
> >
> > Can anyone help please?
> >
> > I downloaded the update manually from:
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en
> >
> > Ran it, and then ran Check Updates (from Windows website) and the update
> > is
> > still logged as not Installed!
>
> .

allowing relaying... security issues
We are using Exchange 2000 on an SBS 2000 machine. We signed up with Spam Soap - an outside company to provide incoming/outgoing SMTP mail filtering . As part of their service, you also configure them as a "smart host". This is configured in the virtual SMTP Server area - in the advanced options for delivery. Also, in order to have this work properly, the SMTP Connector we had configured in the 'Connectors' area also had to be removed. We have an in-house VB .net application that automatically sends auto-generated emails. This particular application is configured and...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Invalid Account on the Security Tab
I deleted an account from AD, and it was listed under the security tab of my server (in ESM), to have full mailbox rights to the information store. I tried removing the inherited permissions, and removing the acct. The I set the inherited permissions back, and the invalid acct. comes back. Does anyone know how I can remove this invalid acct. from the security tab? Thanks. Remove it from the top-level where it was granted permissions. When you set inherited permissions and the account comes back, that means that that account has been granted permissions at a higher level. If you'v...

Reporting from Project Server

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Document Viewer installer error

Unusual Security Audits
be happening. At one point there was 350 audits in 1 second, the same 4 events repeated, special logon, logon, Kerberos Service Ticket Operations, Logoff. I disabled IPv6 and found things are running a little better, but I'm still getting a lot of strange logon and logoffs. Can anyone give me guidance of how to figure out what is causing this and possibly how to fix it? Thanks! Jake Here is an example of a logon event: An account was successfully logged on. Subject: Security ID: NULL SID Account Name: - Account Domain: - ...

Test for Windows Classic folders in XP?

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...