Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB971092)
fails to install.  Status was:
Installation Failure; Error Code: 0x20000009

I notice that the download file size is 0 Mb.
I had just installed a ton on stuff, and just this one failed.  I restarted
the computer and tried again and it failed again with the same error message.

Any Ideas?
Thanks.

See the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971092

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB971092).

Or you can...

Customers who experience issues installing Microsoft security updates also
can visit the following pages for assistance:
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Steve wrote:
> Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB971092)
> fails to install.  Status was:
> Installation Failure; Error Code: 0x20000009
>
> I notice that the download file size is 0 Mb.
> I had just installed a ton on stuff, and just this one failed.  I
> restarted
> the computer and tried again and it failed again with the same error
> message.
>
> Any Ideas?
> Thanks.

0
PA

Hey Microsoft! Exchange 2003 Question
Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and Level2 attachment lists? I don't want my Outlook users to have to save a certain type of file to the disk first. If so how? Thanks This may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0be901c3db86$5e56e700$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can an Exchange administrator modify the Level1 and > Level2 attachment lists? > I don't want my Outlook users to ha...

ARM compiler in Microsoft Platform Builder 5.0
Hello, I have a Freescale iMX31 (ARM11 Family). I know that ARM11 Famility corrisponds to core ARMv6 but on Microsoft Documentation I read that the ARM compiler support 4 and 5 (ARMv4 and ARMv5). Followint the link : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms925478.aspx So I'm using a ARM11 processor with instruction set of ARM9 (ARMv4 - ARMv5). In this manner, there isn't and optiomization on compiled code. Some comments ? Thanks, Paolo On Nov 20, 2:18=A0pm, paolo patierno <paolopatie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a Freescale...

updating prices manually
Hello, Just upgraded to Money 2006 from Money 2003. I am tracking several investments for which prices cannot be updated online. In 2003, it was possible to enter the daily price manually by right-clicking on the investment name and entering the price for a specific date. I can't find this function in 2006. Does anybody know where it is, or if it still exists? Thanks. I should add that after right-clicking on the investment name, in 2003 I used to click on "Update Price", after which I could enter the price and date. "paula" wrote: > Hello, > > J...

WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)
Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs. I always get error C00D1163 "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals). I am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem. It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately ...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

Failure to Display anything but Methods in Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll
I'm using both VS.NET and VS.NET 2003 to attempt to run the "Find all the Incidents for an Account or Contact" code on MSDN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/crmsdk/htm /findallofthecasesassociatedwithanaccountorcontact.asp). I've added the reference to Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.dll and also have attempted to use the Microsoft.CRM.ComProxy.dll when the first failed. I am unable to compile as the C# compiler states that both ".Credentials" and ".Url" are not valid properties of the Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser class. I used the o...

Product list in CRM v.1.2
Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can i attach an excle sheet that contains my products instead of loging each product one by one as i have over 25,000 products to log? -- Regards, Marwa I'm afraid not. This is a major pain point for a lot of people and I do not kno of any 3rd party add-ons that have addressed it either. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "marwa" <marwa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C062CF1E-EEF8-43B4-AC31-F299BF707252@microsoft.com... Hi all, i have another question concerning the product list, can ...

2008 R2 License on VMWare
Dear, I have 2 Sun X4170 Servers that both have dual quad-cord Xeon processer. and run with VMWare as virtual platform. I want to run 4 VM in VMWare and all is Windows Server 2008 R2. And there is NO physical server any more. If I using Windows Server 2008 R2 standard, I need 4 licenses. I know that Windows Serer 2008 R2 Enterprise can have 1 physical + 4 VM license. Can I buy one license of Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise edition to run 4 Windows 2008 R2 enterprise in VMWare without any physical server running? Regards, __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antiv...

See these critical pack for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--ohqdyssewhxmx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pqazvfpfwgx"; type="multipart/alternative" --pqazvfpfwgx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ecwwcjdhekqnzo" --ecwwcjdhekqnzo Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mai...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

Field service table structure and field definitions
The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying the data flows. Thanks, Will You may want to contact I.B.I.S. They wrote the application. -- Charles Allen, MVP "WS" wrote: > The 9 SDK does not reference or define the fields or tables for the Field > service component. Where can I find this information? I need to move RMA > into a data warehouse and am having significant trouble identifying th...

Updateing data when closing forms
I am using MS Access 2000 I have a table that has several required fields. I developed a form to add records to the table. In addition to the table fields, the form has a form-close button constructed with the button wizard. When I enter a record that does not have the required information and close the form with the “Close Window” (X) button on the tool bar, the appropriate error message appears telling me that there is missing data. (Just what I want) When I use the close button on the form, the form closes with no message and without adding the record. How do I give the button on the f...

How do I import data from a SECURED website into Excel?
I can import data from a regular web page directly into Excel spreadsheet, but when I tried importing them from a secured site I encountered problems. Does anyone have any suggestions? ...

Backup service authentication question
Hello, I have a fairly small Exchange 2003 installation. My HQ site has a single Exchange 2k3 BE server. The HQ site is connected to 3 other remote sites via a mesh network. Each of those sites has a local Exchange 2k3 BE server. I use BackupExec 11d for my backups. I recently noticed that if my Exchange server in the HQ site is unavailable, the Exchange backups in the remote sites fail in connecting to the resource. It appears like an authentication issue. When the main site comes back on line, backups can run again without issue. Each site has at least one 2k3 domain controlle...

VC 7.1: Preview DC
With Visual C++ MFC 7.1 when doing a print preview the Attribute HDC and the Output HDC of the CDC differ. Whenever a pen, brush or font is selected into this CDC via SelectObject an assert is triggered as the two HDC's do not match. This was never a problem using Visual C++ MFC 6.0. Is there any way to get around this or am I missing something blindlingly obvious ? Thanks, Brett Hi Brett, For the conveniece to investigate this issue, would you please give us some code snippet to illustrate this problem? Thanks for your understanding! Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online...

MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service
Hello All ! I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete potential SMTP open relay. After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5 Help please! Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6. Regards, Benjamin. ...

Missing lines in chart w/x-axis with months 1-24...
First post from a "casual" Excel user (more familiar with SigmaPlot)... Client wants a line chart with x-axis linear (baeline to 36 months) but there are only data for 2 baseline conditions and certain months: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 M24 M36 The Y axis (# of pellets) is nothing special. I entered blank rows, corresponding to the missing months, into the datasheet, like so: on-drug off-drug M3 M6 M12 (etc.) This "method" plots the data points okay, but there are 2 problems: (a) there are no lines connecting them, and (b) the x-axis labels are lousy I work...

update prices online
I'm using Money 2003 with Windows 98. Everything was fine until I downloaded Money updates in April 2004. I lost my capability to update quote prices online (the "update prices online" option in portfolio was gone) and only gives me the "update prices manually". Does anyone know what caused this? How can I get the "update prices online" option back? Thanks for any support you could give. If you have Money 2003 standard and installed it in April 2003, then it is possible that the update prices online feature has expired. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft...

Copying a database, how do I change security?
I have a split app (developed using A2000) which my own office has been using for several months. Another office has recently asked me to make a copy for their use. I am happy to do so, however, both the FE and BE are fully secured and I'm not sure how to change security on the copies to recognize the personnel at the other office and to stop recognizing the personnel at my office. I confess that I never fully understood Acess' user level security process. I implemented security originally by following specific steps from a textbook which I no longer have. I do understand about...

CRM 1-2 -> 3.0 Input string was not in a correct format. (upgrade
I've the same error during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0. I've tried without any opportunity to make sure not to have est. revenue data but the error is still there during upgrade. It happens during the ImportDefaultDataAction step near the end of the upgarde process. Otherwise 1.2 wasn't giving the error. Any idea? thanks in advance Refering to http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?query=input+string&dg=microsoft.public.crm&cat=&lang=en&cr=US&pt=&catlist=8d3f188d-a0E9-40e4-86e2-46508a35c759&...

Money 2004 Price Updates
I have a new PC which had the standard Money. Upgraded online to Deluxe. When doing an internet price update receive error message "Money was unable to connect to the online quotes server. Check your internet connection and try the operation again." I am using Road Runner, normal connection works fine, can launch to a web site from within Money. I'm at a loss. Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Jim Yearout wrote: >I have a new PC which had the standard Money. Upgraded >online to Deluxe. When doing an internet price update >receive error message "Mo...

DRM Security Update Problem
Problem Description: I have been having trouble getting my Zune software upgrade to work and was pointed to the web page that upgrades the security component (DRM), after renaming the DRM folder to DRMbackup. When I got to this page I clicked the Upgrade button and nothing happened except "error on page" showed up in the lower left corner of the browser window along with a yellow triangle with an "!" in it. When I first got to this page it said "Done" where the error message showed up. Earlier today I was having problems with a "DRM Migrate E...

CRM 3.0 Service Calendar, Server Error in '/' Application
Hi I have been chasing this error for a while now with no success. When viewing the Service calendar or Creating a new Activity we get an error that would appear to be some issue with a date format somewhere. (error message at bottom of post) I have checked that the CRM application in IIS is running under dot.net 1.1, I have installed all service roll ups and hot fixes, I have stood on my head and prayed to all the MS gods that I know of - does anyone have any new ones I can try? It seems to have appeared after I installed some C360 add ons - removing them however has not fixed the is...

Sending secure email and attachments?
If I want to send an email with attachment (usually in Word, Excel or Powerpoint) so that it is secure, and so that the attachment can only be opened by someone who knows the "password" that we agree upon, is there a way to do this? I wasn't familiar with an available option in Outlook, or any specific programs or coding that allow for this. Btw, can emails themselves be password protected so that the intended recipient has to enter an agreed upon password, just to read the content of the email (as well as access any attached files included)? If this is possib...