Recent update 6/8 - now one user account is locked

I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked.
Running XP.

I had to use restore after today's updates
--
dlg

"CowsyW" wrote:

> I recently updated Windows (6/8) and now one of my user accounts is locked.
> Running XP.

Great Plains Basic, Standard, Professional. . . which one?
There are three versions of Great Plains: basic, standard, and professional. -Which one works best with RMS, or is there even a difference among the three? -Will all of them allow sync'ing of open and closed POs? -What, in general, are the price breaks for those three versions? David David, You need to work directly with a Great Plains partner. Implementing GP is no small task, and your GP Partner will be able to assess your workflow needs and show you which version and modules for GP would work best for you. If you need a referral, let me know. -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobite...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

One or more margins are set outside the printable area...
Greetings. I had this message a few years (and Office generations and OS) ago. At that time, I think it was resolved by deleting a normal.dot file (which I did this time) or downloading new printer driver (which I have done). The problem persists. Could I have a step-by-step walk through, please? I have Office 2008 with Snow Leopard, and a Canon Pixma iP2000. Thanks. ...

get the username of the logged on user
I am creating a windows service which is running under Localsystem account. How can i find out the username of the currently logged in user. GetUserName() function returns "SYSTEM". Even the GetTempPath() function returns the path of systems temp directory. And every access to HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key gives me wrong information as the current user in such case is .Default Can anyone please tell me a way to find out the name of the logged in windows user??? The service has to run in system context so i cant change it. Thanks in Advance... "Rohit Kumar" <Roh...

the last one to three characters of Y-axis label cannot be display
I am using Sony VAIO laptop (Model PCG-K23). The y-axis labe cannot be display fully in Excel 2003, Excel XP, and even Excel Work that came with this laptop. The Sony customer care guys attribute this problem to MS software problem. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? I have updated my Office2003, Window XP, and even graphic driver (ATI Radeon IGP). ...

code to sum 8 textboxes
Hi there, I am trying to get a text box (txtsubtotal) to sum 8 other 'price' text boxes (txtprice1...txtprice8) when a command button (cmdCalculate) is clicked. Each 'price' text box is filled via a combo box (cboitem1) change code. Here is briefly what I have: Each combo box is coded like this: Private Sub cboItem1_change() Me.txtprice1 = WorksheetFunction.VLookup(Me.cboItem1, Worksheets _("Pizzas").Range("A:B"), 2, 0) End Sub Each 'price' text box is coded like this: Private Sub txtprice1_change() txtprice1.Value = Format(Me.tx...

Account Category
Hi, I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How affect all process into GP, like year end close? I really appreciate your help. -- Evelin. You can use them in FRx but they are not necessary. In fact, I never use them. If you were using the GP Advanced Financial reports, you would need them. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where > is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How aff...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Workbooks that are not directly linked updating?
I have 3 workbooks: WB1, WB2, and WB3. WB1 and WB2 are both linked to WB3 but not each other. WB1 contains volumes and WB2 contains costs. When I open these two together and say no to updating the values change anyway. Any clue on why two workbooks update even if I say no or don't want to have WB3 open? -- MM ...

Same account, multiple SMTP servers
I have a user that travels between two job sites and his home on a regular basis. He is using Outlook 2002 and is getting tired of having to change the outbound SMTP server all of the time. I have not been able to find any registry entries that record the SMTP server that would allow me to create some registry files he could click before starting Outlook. Is there any provision in Outlook for trying different servers in priority order until one works? Any other ideas for solving this problem? Thanks, Scott Why don't you just set up a different email account for each STMP account? &g...

GP 6.0 Servce Pack ?
I have GP 6.0 installed and am not sure which service pack is installed. Help About shows the Version Information as follows: Great Plains Dynamics 6.00g52. When GP 6 is installed without a service pack applied the build number is 6.00g5. Can anyone tell me what service pack is applied when the build number is 6.00g52? Thank you. Don 6.00g52 corresponds to Service Pack 5 if my mind serves me correctly. When working with this service pack, your Dexterity runtime should be 6.00m064. 6.00g45 corresponds to Service Pack 4, and the matching Dexterity runtime is 6.00m061. 6.00g5 is the...

WIP - Contra Account - Unit Costs
Can anyone help me. I am setting up GP for the first time, and need to allow 8 project managers to input budgets using the Billing Rates management supplies to them. GP uses actual Unit Costs and Profit amounts instead. If I use actual labor costs for unit costs, then that is what the managers will see. I don't want my managers to know that much about the companies finances. If I use the billing rate as the unit cost, then my WIP and COGS accounts are going to equal my revenue amounts and my P&L will be way off. How does one build budgets in GP using Billing Rates, so that pr...

multi user #3
is it possibe to be able to access a spreadsheet by multiple user and b able to change data in that sheet.eg like a booking form athat can b accessed by several different computer -- Lin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lins's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39354 Yes take a look at Tools>Share Workbook "Lins" wrote: > > is it possibe to be able to access a spreadsheet by multiple user and be > able to change da...

American Express
I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 My amex account has multiple cards The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards I want transactions from each card seperated Any ideas Money 2004. "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7CD0B78-10AB-4A9E-B272-1299B5866B4D@microsoft.com... >I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 > My amex account has multiple cards > The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards > I want transactions from each c...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

What is best way to migrate 15 users in a remote site from a local to a central server?
Hi, We have a mostly Windows (and Exchange) 2000 network, that is based upon Citrix. We have one site left where they use a local Exchange server, rather than the main one at the HQ. I need to migrate the users onto the centrally based server, and although there are only 15 or so users, the mailboxes can be up to 2 gig in size. We connect to the local site via an ASDL router, so such massive data going across the network is not really an option. I was thinking of egoing to the site, and using the Exmerge utility to save the mailboxes onto a DVD, and then restoring them from disk onto the cent...

One BIG reason for the decline in the news groups.
You never put Windows 7 on the newsgroups. You put 64 bit which coverts all three O/S's I you would have put all the Windows 7 N/G's I think you would have seen a gain instead of a decline. -- Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me. ...

How to make a service start a process with some user under VISTA?
In vista, services are not allowed to interactive with user. So I want to create a service to launch specified process when a process with some user sends a request. The request could be implemented by using IPC, but I don't know how to make the service to determine which user to use to start a new process. In the other words, the service have no idea about user's access token. Is anyone has idea? WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId, WTSQuerySessionInformation. Warning: Only use the Unicode version of WTSQuerySessionInformation. If your application is running in ANSI mode then call W...

New User
Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2000 on XP Pro SP2 - all service packs updated. Attempted to setup a new user account on this system because previous employee has left and need new profile established. When attempt to setup email through Exchange and click 'Check Name' we get the following error: C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll, Control_RunDLL C:\Program~1\Common~1\system\MSMAPI\1033\MLCFG32.cpl' "@0" The new user account will work fine on another system on the network, so the problem is not with Exchange but with this local system. Have tried deleting the pro...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

No user with Owner role in public folder (Exchange 2000)
The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? /Stefan Change permissions on the PF in ESM. Stefan Jansson wrote: > The formar administrator of one of my customers has managed to remove > the owner of a public folder. Now we are not able to remove or > rename. Anyone who knows a workaround? > > /Stefan ...

Will Exchange 2000 SP4 update the VSAPI?
Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI v2.0. Will there be a SP4 (and if so when) and will it include VSAPI v2.5? Thanks David I don't know if/when any SP4 will be released, but if/when it ever does, I would be very surprised if VSAPI 2.5 were backported to it. -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. "David Beaven" <technet@ids.ac.uk> wrote in message news:exIS3v52EHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2000 uses VSAPI...

SOP order locked
I have an order that was entered in the SOP transaction entry window. The order was picked by our warehouse staff using RF scanners. They completed picking the order and now our invoicing staff is trying to invoice the order. When they type in the order number to invoice it they get a message: "document has been locked for fulfillment and can not be edited". The order is available to be viewed by going through the inquiry window, and when the order number is entered into the RF scanner it appears without any problems. The only time there is a problem is going back into th...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...