Microsoft Update under Windows 7 shows [Error number: 0x8DDD0004]

I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional
preinstalled.

When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok.

When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order to
update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error number:
0x8DDD0004].

Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft
Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown
publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft???

As per instruction from Microsoft I followed Article ID 914224 as this shall
be also applicable for Windows 7 (even if there were lots of error messages
when registering the DLLs and the services have different names) but I
figured out how to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder... however without
success.

Also a Chkdsk, SFC and a CleanBoot (as instructed by Microsoft) did not help.

Latest suggestion from Microsoft was an Inplace Upgrade or a fresh install.
However I did not get any feedback yet if and how that will effect my
installed programs.

Does anybody has an idea what to do?

I dont see any infos on Microsoft Update under Windows 7 in the newsgroups,
however I have seen somewhere that Microsoft Update is NOT working under
Vista... Does Microsoft Update really work with Windows 7 as well?

Any idea on the effect of an Inplace Upgrade to my installed programs?

Or is it the best to drop Windows 7 for now and use the (in the notebook
shipment probably for a good reason included) XP Pro / SP3 downgrade and wait
until Windows 7 SP2 comes out (as instructed by most of my friends)?

See my reply to your second post.  (And have a little patience.)

Yetiman wrote:
> I got a new HP notebook Elitebook 8540p with Windows 7 Professional
> preinstalled.
>
> When trying to run Windows Update everything works ok.
>
> When I try to run Microsoft Update (http://update.microsoft.com) in order
> update all the other Microsoft programs like Office etc I get [Error
> number:
> 0x8DDD0004].
>
> Strange thing is that the first add-on ('Windows Update' from 'Microsoft
> Windows Component Publisher') shows as unknown program from unknown
> publisher... I would expect it is signed as coming from Microsoft???
>
> As per instruction from Microsoft I followed Article ID 914224 as this
> shall
> be also applicable for Windows 7 (even if there were lots of error
> messages
> when registering the DLLs and the services have different names) but I
> figured out how to rename the SoftwareDistribution folder... however
> without
> success.
>
> Also a Chkdsk, SFC and a CleanBoot (as instructed by Microsoft) did not
> help.
>
> Latest suggestion from Microsoft was an Inplace Upgrade or a fresh
> install.
> However I did not get any feedback yet if and how that will effect my
> installed programs.
>
> Does anybody has an idea what to do?
>
> I dont see any infos on Microsoft Update under Windows 7 in the
> newsgroups,
> however I have seen somewhere that Microsoft Update is NOT working under
> Vista... Does Microsoft Update really work with Windows 7 as well?
>
> Any idea on the effect of an Inplace Upgrade to my installed programs?
>
> Or is it the best to drop Windows 7 for now and use the (in the notebook
> shipment probably for a good reason included) XP Pro / SP3 downgrade and
> wait until Windows 7 SP2 comes out (as instructed by most of my friends)?

0
PA

"View Image Slide Show"

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Find and Replace Footnote Numbering
I often have documents where I need to put formatting before or after the footnote number for every footnote, often for hundreds of footnotes...anyone know how I can do this in one shot? I know I can specify ^f in find and replace, but only in the find portion...it gives an error if you put it in replace. ...

Error 550 Relaying denied

random number generator
Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a random order for those? Use the RAND() function. If 1-10 are in A1:A10, enter =RAND() in cell B1 and copy it down through B10. Recalc (F9), then sort by column B. Hope this helps, Hutch "pat67" wrote: > Hey is there a way to generate random numbers like you would for a > draft. In other words, i have numbers 1 through 10 and generate a > random order for those? > . > You would have to generate 10 random numbers ...

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Error 130

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Converting Formula into Numbers?
With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same number)? -- Emp-Designer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Emp-Designer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37564 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=571948 Emp-Designer a �crit : > With a cell/s selected is there a way to convert the cell's formula into > straight numbers (in turn removing all formula and leaving the same &...

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...