microsoft host controller driver update - how long is too long?

My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:

--
slywlf

slywlf

"slywlf" <slywlf.44ys1p@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message

> My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
> update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
> the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
> almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
> running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
> I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:
>

> --
> slywlf

Is the update installed now?

0
TaurArian
1/18/2010 7:14:23 AM
I let it run overnight, but as of now - 8:23 AM - it is still running. I
have to assume something is not working. I'm going to break the
operation and reboot.:(

--
slywlf

slywlf

"selfactivated" wrote:

> "slywlf" wrote:
>

> > I let it run overnight, but as of now - 8:23 AM - it is still running. I
> > have to assume something is not working. I'm going to break the
> > operation and reboot.:(
> >

> > --
> > slywlf
> >
> > .

Im having the very same issue
Same here. Indeed, runs, not crash. Unknown if the installation completed.
Rebooting suggest a batch file has not completed.

"slywlf" wrote:

> My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
> update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
> the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
> almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
> running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
> I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:
>

> --
> slywlf
>
> .

I'm running into the same problem. Does anyone have an estimate of how long
it should take?

"Benoit_H" wrote:

> Same here. Indeed, runs, not crash. Unknown if the installation completed.
> Rebooting suggest a batch file has not completed.
>
> "slywlf" wrote:
>

> > My new (2 month old) HP Win7 'puter just did an automatic Microsoft
> > update and keeps sending the pop-up that it wants me to reboot. However,
> > the 'host controller update' is still running, and has been running for
> > almost an hour already. According to the task manager it really is
> > running - not hanging - but since this is the first time I'm seeing this
> > I have to wonder how long should this be taking? :confused:
> >

> > --
> > slywlf
> >
> > .

I'm running into the same problem. Does anyone have an estimate of how
long this should take?

Thanks

--
ee1284

ee1284
3/31/2010 3:38:28 PM
You've aged a ton in 8 minutes.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"ee1284" <ee1284.48p44d@no-mx.forums.Win7heads.com> wrote in message

> I'm running into the same problem. Does anyone have an estimate of how
> long this should take?
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> ee1284

Michael

Add row between current rows in a way to long sheet....
I need to add 1 row between each current row in an 2670 rows long excelsheet. And yes I am lazy, so could anyone help me create the macro? Seems I'm doing something wrong... :( PS: I'm working excel 2003. Thank you for your help! Just fill a simple sequence 1, 2, 3, ... 2670 in a blank column next to your data (imagine this is column H). Then copy that sequence down to H2671 and down. Then highlight the block of data (including the helper column) down to row 5340 and perform your sort, using column H as the sort key. You can delete column H afterwards. Hope this helps. Pete On...

Microsoft Money Plus
I currently have Microsoft Money 2004 and wanted to upgrade to Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe. I purchased it on 8/4/2008 but cannot find it on my computer. I don't know if it downloaded or not. I was charged on my credit card but I cannot find the file. What do I do? On Sep 7, 8:30=A0pm, Jim in Chesapeake <Jim in Chesape...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I currently have Microsoft Money 2004 and wanted to upgrade to Microsoft > Money Plus Deluxe. I purchased it on 8/4/2008 but cannot find it on my > computer. I don't know if it downloaded or not. I was charged on ...

Germany version and Year-End Payroll Update
I have a problem where we did the Year-End Update for payroll for our English version of GP, this brought up our Dynamics Version to 9.00.0358, however, we have a German Install as well, but only Service Pack 4 is out for that which puts it at version 9.00.0352. What can we do to get the German Install up to 9.00.0358 so that it can be used? Please help. Thanks, KJ ...

Update "Regarding field" in a queue
Hi Group, I configured a Queue, it works fine, but I nedd asociated the field "Regarding" to the Contact / Account. At this time the field is empty when a new e-mail is received. I create a workflow, but doesn�t work. Any suggestion? Thanks EGN ...

Outlook 2003 cannot send/rec email after MS update KB924085
Tried posting in the MS Update discussion group, but have received no answers there yet. Here goes:After I applied the 5 updates on Wed 1/10/07, my Outlook 2003 running under XP SP2 behind ZoneAlarm and a Norton firewall would not pick up from or send mail to any of the 3 mail servers I use. It made the network connection but would not register any response from the mail servers. By uninstalling and reinstalling one-by-one, I found the troublesome update to be Security Update for Outlook 2003 KB924085. Anyone else having this problem, or have insight into what the cause & cure might...

How do I auto fill long col. filling blanks with last filled cell
On a large worksheet, is there a way to fill the blanks in a column with the last filled cell without using the autofill handle? My worksheet is over 2000 rows and I am hoping to find some way to mass fill the blanks in Excel. Here is a small example of what I am talking about. Thanks for any tips. S1475 201686 506456 S1888 38254 15623 56731 S9564 46321 156323 M, This ought to work... http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip040.htm Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "MBBeginner" <MBBeginner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Updating Excel Files
I am a novice user of excel and need a little help. I am using spreadsheet to update my websites inventory levels. I receive a inventory update file from my supplier once a day. The problem is don't sell all of the items in that file. eg My File 1 ---- Suppliers File BDDTTH ---- 100001 BDGBB ---- 100011 BDGCJ ---- 1099211 BDGJCS ---- BDGJCS BDGJGL ---- BDJGL BDLB-BD38 ---- BDDTH What I need to do is compare the part numbers and if I get a matc update the inv...

Canadian Payroll Updates
I see there are the French Canadian Payroll updates.....but not the English??? Is this an oops....I am sure the actuall tax updates are the same...french or english Tami Tami, Both the Canadian Payroll and French Canadian Payroll tax updates are available from the Tax Updates page on CustomerSource (https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/taxupdates/). You can find information about the most recent Canadian Payroll tax update at https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/taxupdates/CPRJULY05.htm, although the downloads themselves aren't yet ava...

MS Outlook 2000 failure after WinXPPro SP2 update
Hi! After updating WinXPPro SP2 the send/receive function on my MS Outlook 2000 got unfunctionable, giving a strange error message with no explanatory text! The Outlook opens normally, but it do not get the new messages in or out. What may be the cause, and how to cure it? I did already delete and re-open my e-mail account in it. Thanks in advance for any hints. Best regards, Pete V. ...

if a linked spreadshet is open can I update from it?
I have a spreadsheet that is linked to a file on another machine and multiple users access this file. Normally when I open it will update my spreadsheet automatically, however, there are times it does not. Is there any way to FORCE this to update every time? ...

Syntax error in sql string to update a table from a form using co
Hi, I have a form from where I need to update a table using code: The Prefix field is a text field while the scenario field is number. However I am having difficulty having to contruct the sql statement that will update the record from the current form. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks CODE: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb() strSQL = "Update dbo_PWO_Status Set " & _ "dbo_PWO_Status.QuoteStatus = Me![QuoteStatus] " & _ "where dbo_PWO_Status.Prefix = """ & Me![Prefix] & "...

Can I download Microsoft Query? Missing software for my Version.
I can't insert the CD to install the add on. I have Microsoft Office Professional XP with Front Page. My office computer was used by someone else before me - and I can't locate the software. I can't even find a version for sale. I need Query for Excel tasks. Is Query connected to Excel or Office? My Excel is 2002. If I buy an update to Excel 2003 - can I then get Query - or - will I have to update my Office? Help!! Thanks, Tracie hi, so far as i know, MS Query is built in to excel from 97 (when i started using xl) to xp (my current version). Tools>get external d...

Passing info into a text field when doing the update query
Hello, I want a text boxt pop up in order to pass the information . The pop up will say : Notes taken by: I want it to do in one go This is my update query: INSERT INTO Catatan ( NO_URTANGT, TGLCATATAN, WKTCATAT, Subject, Notes ) SELECT a.NO_URTANGT, a.TGLCATATAN, a.WKTCATAT, a.Subject, a.Notes FROM [C:\Churchdata\Churchdataconso\BkEnd\Hahomion_be.mdb].Catatan AS a; Thanks for any help. -- Frank Situmorang Separate field for NotesBy: INSERT INTO Catatan ( NO_URTANGT, TGLCATATAN, WKTCATAT, Subject, Notes, NotesBy ) SELECT a.NO_URTANGT, a.TGLCATATAN, a.WKTCATAT, a.Sub...

From SQLite to Excel with ODBC-driver
Hello, I would like to access from Excel 2003 (OS: Windows XP) to a SQLite-Database with ODBC. I did the following steps: 1.) Install SQLite-ODBC-driver: From http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/ I downloaded the file "sqliteodbc.exe" which installs the ODBC-driver on my computer. I saw after the installation on the "ODBC-datasources/System-DSN"-menu three new entries ("SQLite Datasource", "SQLite UTF-8 Datasource" und "SQLite3 Datasource"). 2.) Create an SQLite-database: From http://sourceforge.net/projects/sqlitebrowser/ ...

Office 2000 Update Service Pack 3
Microsoft has recognised on line that my system requires the above update. However, when I tick the box agreeing to the Licence conditions for download, there is no further response from the server. I have tried this on many occasions. Are you able to help please? Many thanks, David. I don't know if you're using Office Update but on occasion it hasn't worked for me either. If you haven't tried getting and installing the administrative updates get them here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2003/admin/97_2000/default.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Backup Exchange 2003 (member Server) onto a Domain Controller backup tape
The following article is confusing me. Exchange does have components installed in the Active Directory? XADM: How to Use NTBackup from a Non-Exchange 2000 Computer View products that this article applies to. Article ID : 275876 Last Review : April 28, 2005 Revision : 3.2 This article was previously published under Q275876 What is the best way to use NTBackup? On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:10:11 -0500, "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote: >The following article is confusing me. Exchange does have components >installed in the Active Dire...

Using Microsoft Excel Chart object in VB6
I have added a "Microsoft Excel Chart" object to a form, then sized th chart to fit the form. The chart has been modified to show the prope axis labels, scaling, etc. In effect, creating the template. The Excel Chart has a "Chart" tab and a "Sheet1" tab where the Sheet tab is the actual worksheet for the chart plot data. My problem i filling in "THIS" worksheet with data from my array. I cannot find an object reference to an Excel worksheet in my project. The Excel Char object only has parameters for height, width, top, bottom locations etc. As a stab...

Cannot update Office, comp claims word and power point open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was complete I checked for updates, and began installation of a necessary update. However, a window came up saying I could not continue with installation until I closed out of Word and Power Point. Neither Word nor Power Point are open. I tried opening them and closing them and it still says they are open and need to be closed. <kt20w@officeformac.com> wrote: > I just installed Office 2008 on my new macbook, once installation was > complete I...

migrating email from microsoft entourage 2001 to microsoft outlook 2000
I have recently have had to switch from a MAC to a PC. I was using Microsoft Entourage and would like all my info to go to Microsoft Outlook but I can't get it to work . Can anybody help? Try posting this in an entourage group since Mac migrations are best handled by the Mac experts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, joe asked: | I have recently have had to switch from a ...

Update Toolbar button
Env: WindowsXP, VC++6.00 On my CView-based app, there are some zoom buttons(on boolbar). Their IDs are ID_VIEW100, VIEW200, VIEW400,... Inside CMyView, I can control them as follows: void CMyView::OnViewScale(UINT nID) { if (m_uScaleID != nID) { m_uScaleID = nID; } } And change the buttons status as follows, void CMyView::OnUpdateViewScale(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->SetCheck(pCmdUI->m_nID == m_uScaleID); } I wonder how to update Toolbar button check status from a child dialog? That is how to call CMyView::OnUpdateViewScale() from a child dialog? TIA ou You dont call OnUpd...

Peltiertech dynamic control chart
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html How can this dynamic control chart is made. Need step by step instruction Thanks Daniel Daniel, Jon provides an Excel workbook with the example that you can download via the link you provided. -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Daniel" wrote: > > http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html > > How can this dynamic control chart is made. Need step by step instruction > Thanks > Daniel > I never got around to documenting this chart, but you can deconstruct the worksheet and c...

Microsoft Office 2008 #2
I have office on an IMAX and laptop. I now have another IMAC. How do I get permission to use office on second IMAC? On 2/29/08 5:36 PM, in article ee8f452.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Over80@officeformac.com" <Over80@officeformac.com> wrote: > I have office on an IMAX and laptop. I now have another IMAC. How do I get > permission to use office on second IMAC? You would need to purchase the Home & Student version (comes with 3 licenses). Does not include Exchange. If your second iMac doesn't need Exchange then Home & Student version is the cheapest way to go...

Hosting .NET controls in MFC (VC8)
Has anyone done it? a sample can be found at http://blog.joycode.com/jiangsheng/archive/2005/03/19/46065.aspx "Kenneth Kasajian" <kasajian@noemail.noemail> д���ʼ� news:OOunw7T7FHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone done it? > > Hi Kenneth, MFC8 could uses the CWinFormsView class to host a Windows Forms user control within an MFC view. MFC Windows Forms views are ActiveX controls. The user control is hosted as a child of the native view and occupies the entire client area of the native view. Please refer to the following MSDN2 articles for the detail...

Serializing concurrent updates
Hi all! I would have a question regarding serialized updates. We have a table as follows: CREATE TABLE MyTable ( ID INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED, Value INT NOT NULL ) INSERT INTO MyTable VALUES ( 1, 1 ) There are two types of transactions for the MyTable table. Writer transactions and reader transactions. The writer transactions are very short and they only update values in the table as follows: DECLARE @tmptable TABLE ( Value INT NOT NULL ); UPDATE MyTable SET Value = Value + 1 OUTPUT INSERTED.Value INTO @tmptable WHERE ID = 1; I.e. each writer incre...

Check out critical update for Internet Explorer
--cduvkyhvenmzawxtz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bvapawmftmzs"; type="multipart/alternative" --bvapawmftmzs Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xmgldqcengw" --xmgldqcengw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...