Each time I try this , I get faults, and asked to upload various things which
I find difficult.  None of it appears to work.

"Alastair" <htmail.com> wrote in message
> Each time I try this , I get faults, and asked to upload various things
> which
> I find difficult.  None of it appears to work.

WTF does this have to do with Windows Update???
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael
1/26/2010 5:39:05 PM
What's "Internet security?"

Alastair wrote:
> Each time I try this , I get faults, and asked to upload various things
> which I find difficult.  None of it appears to work.
0
PA
1/26/2010 9:02:02 PM
In his case a modem prophylactic.

--

> What's "Internet security?"
>
> Alastair wrote:
>> Each time I try this , I get faults, and asked to upload various things
>> which I find difficult.  None of it appears to work.

0
Michael

Slow loading of images when MacWord loads files from HTML page
Hello there I have written a web applicaiton that includes an "export to word" function whereby the the web page is opened in word (or Excel) via the mime type of the returned web page. The web page includes standard HTML elements including an image tag - this same image is repeated up to 50 times within the same document and therefore relies on Word interpretting the HTML page correctly. The application is intranet based on a fast (100mbs) network. I am having a strange problem where by the image elements of the documents take an extremely long time to load when displayed in...

Exch 2003 with Exch 5.5 internet mail gateway
I have a new exchange server 2003, with an exchange server 5.5 running the internet mail gateway. Users with mailboxes on the new exchange 2003 server get mail from the internet up to several hours after it comes in. Is there a way to speed this up? I'm sure that there is because that kind of delay is not normal. But I cannot suggest how you might do that based on the limited information you have posted. I suggest you start by examining the headers of a delayed received message and see if you can determine which hop is delayed. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the w...

IE8 saying that Internet Explorer as shut down...
Lately, I am getting the message that IE has shut down when in retrospect it really hasn't. I am using an air card. Can someone help???? -- deetm5282 Not when you ask such a vague question. Leonard Grey Errare humanum est On 6/30/2010 11:40 AM, deetm5282 wrote: > Lately, I am getting the message that IE has shut down when in retrospect it > really hasn't. I am using an air card. Can someone help???? Don't worry about it: This newsgroup's being shut down, too, on July 1st. deetm5282 wrote: > Lately, I am getting the message that IE has shut dow...

claim your Live Internet training session today.
Do you want to attend a LIVE Internet classroom with us? www.velocitystudy.com is offering 100 IT students a free introductory training session. Please visit www.velocitystudy.com to register for you introductory session. someone should probably erase this. >-----Original Message----- >Do you want to attend a LIVE Internet classroom with us? >www.velocitystudy.com is offering 100 IT students a free introductory >training session. Please visit www.velocitystudy.com to register for you >introductory session. > > > > > > >. > ...

LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium not loading when ajax postback
This is huge issue im dealing with and it pertains only to ajax calls. When I do ajax post call from client and page is supposed to load viewstate with overriden LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium - it never fires. Something stops it from executing. I tried registering hidden fields __VIEWSTATE etc. Nothing worked. I know that page init manager somehow checks for viewstate but apparently it fails. My problem would be fixed if I knew how to manually simulate LoadPageStateFromPersistenceMedium method but it is kind of very complicated. Is there an easy elegant way to load a viewstate from...

Why does office setup keep loading everytime my computer restarts
Everytime I open an office program for the first time since my computer has been shut off the office setup has to run again. It goes through the configuration and than asks me to register office other through the internet or over the phone. I have tried both options thinking that it was my internet connection, but nothing seems to work. I have uninstalled and re-installed office 2007 and it did not help. This problem only started to occur a few weeks ago. Is there anyway to get this problem to go away? Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Securing payment files
We use Great Plains to create an ouput file which is subsequently pickup up by a third party BACS solution. On hitting the post/process button on the "PRocess Payables Cheques" a .CSV file is created on the network. As the auditors repeatadly point out this is not secure as the CSV file can be subsequently amended by creator of the file before it is pickup by BACS. Has anyone found a way around this? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/t...

Security/ Access Levels
Hi, Can someone please help me with this MS CRM security/ access level question before I go completely mad trying to figure it out? I want to be able to restrict who can access certain account records (e.g. account records for our customers). For example, I don&#8217;t want telesales people to be able to access our customers account records. But I do want to give them access to other account records. I&#8217;ve tried restricting access at a user level and at a business unit level but cannot get either to work. If I set a particular users role to only access account records that they...

Role Based Security
Is there a way to change a users read/write permissions to a form based on the value in a field? Example - all users have full access to every account. I create a drop-down that contains the value "CEO" and "Not CEO" for whether it's the CEO account. Then I want only the person with the CEO role to have full access to accounts with the value CEO. All others will have read only. But everyone will have access to "Not CEO" accounts. Or is there a way I can control which account form is displayed to which user? Then I could hide/disable fields on the form....

Try security pack
--ciuvaujdkopmopy Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="adfchfyispxqfgp"; type="multipart/alternative" --adfchfyispxqfgp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hfvfztouvru" --hfvfztouvru Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these...

Securing Excel from being read
I know we can password protect a workbook, and also password protect sheets etc.. but I also know they can be easily cracked open with all the macros that are on the net. Is there a way to increase the security ? I keep some important data in my workbook and now I'm worried to have a hacker open it when I'm on the net. Any suggestion? should I use another application? thanks Hi one way is to assign a read password 8within the SaveAs dialog) for your Exel file. Note: If you really fear a hacker while you're in the Net you may consider: - using a firewall - applying all s...

I'm using Access 2007. When my users log in to the application, the application retrieves their "permission level" (1 - 5) which determines which tabs (pages) of the control panel they can use. I want to build 1 Control Panel and only load the user's tabs. based on their permission level. How do I set the page's visible property to "No" before the control panel loads for pages they the user should not view? Can I set the visible property of the Control Panel pages from the On Click event of the Login sForm's Submit button? If so, can you provid...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Default User object security
Windows 2003 SP2 I am trying to fix a problem where delegation of control is not working properly to usr OUs. I ca't seem to keep permissions on user account objects that allow user accounts to be moved between OUs. I think it may be related to protected account membership on the user objects themselves. ALso the "inherit permissions from parent" is unchecked on user objects. Certain user new user objects work fine and are inheriting. What are the default security to use on user objects so that i can remvoe membership from protected groups and how should I a...

Websense not emailing after security updates
Server 2000 running Websense Reporter is scheduled to email internet usage reports daily. After security patches were applied to both this machine and the mail server (Exchange 2003) reports will generate and can be found in the log folder but have not emailed since the morning of Sept 16, 2004. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Server 2000 patches: Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pak 3 Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pak 1 Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374) Microsoft GDI+ Detection Tool (KB873374)- Sept 15, 2004 (Installation history lists two GDI+ tools) Excha...

Security Role Issue 03-16-05
Anyone know why a User assigned to only 1 custom Security Role that has restricted access for all Core records set to the "User" level?, e.g. the user is assigned the "User Read Lead" privilege, they should only be able to read Leads that they own or share. However, it doesn't seem to be working, as if this user selects the "All Leads" View, the not only can read other users' Leads, but can also modify them! Again this User is only assigned to this 1 Role. Thank you, BryanK Bryan, This is a common problem. How long ago was this role created? Someti...

Data on Internet
Is it possible and practical to operate a database where the data is held on the internet so that it can be accessed and modified by a select few? If so where should I start reading? Would I nead any additional software, we are using Access 2000 Colin ms-access is not a web system. It does not have web development features, and is complete the wrong product and technology to use for the web. You would no more use an auto-Cad program to write games for computers then you would use ms-access to try and create web based systems. They are simply different horses for different courses. On the o...

Advanced Security #7
When I select All from the View option in Advanced Security; it won't dispplay the Menu option. How do I get it to show it? I am currently on GP 7.5. ...

MS CRM Security Service doesn't start
Hi to all, I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Security Service" doesn't start up!!! What can I do? I have not any event about that!!! Can I re-install the CRM server and restore my sql database? Thank a lot Bey Augusto. I would apply the Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft CRM 1.2 "IGBA75" wrote: > Hi to all, > > I have a problem with my CRM 1.2 some days ago I restart the Win2003 server > where there is installed CRM, and now the "Microsoft CRM Secur...

Checkin for internet connection availabillity
Hi I'm currently working with an app, that needs to be Internet aware and turn on/off functionallity depending on the availabillity of an internet connection... I'm currentliy using this code: //Creating the extern function... [DllImport("wininet.dll")] private extern static bool InternetGetConnectedState( out int Description, int ReservedValue ); //Creating a function that uses the API function... public static bool IsConnectedToInternet( ) { int Desc ; ...

Prove the internet patch from the MS Corporation
--imzuirld Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="wwgwcwtpsknhuubtt"; type="multipart/alternative" --wwgwcwtpsknhuubtt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kzvlagpbmwyaxdcja" --kzvlagpbmwyaxdcja Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities...

FWD: Prove these internet package which comes from the MS
--eeqatzikapmw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ikyunzeitiicqzd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ikyunzeitiicqzd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nbytspeamoaap" --nbytspeamoaap Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

outlook security issue
Hello! we have users that have office 2000 sp3. I have followed the instructions how to customize attachment security behaviour. That is .. I created the form "outlook security settings" in public folders. This works for most users in the domain who have office 2000 sp3 (without inserting the suggested registry key). Why is it though for some users this does not work but when the registry key has been inserted it works. Has it anything to do with the tools | options | security??? And why is it that the user who has office 2003 still cannot open and print attachments although...

no access to send internet email

FWD: Use that security pack
--eeridphc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nspixvgodvjyce"; type="multipart/alternative" --nspixvgodvjyce Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="tldwjwoqduqqv" --tldwjwoqduqqv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the s...