Laptop continually shuts down trying to install update 3 of 3...?

Hi,

Pretty simple really, my windows vista on my laptop (Inspiron 1520) is
supposedly saying its 'configuring updates 3 of 3 - 0%' and doesn't get
anywhere with it and just shuts down every time... its rendered the laptop
unusable?

Any ideas?

Cheers!
Paul.

CrystalBall© sez...

Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or
e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues
may require more advanced support for which there is a charge.  Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Kwacker wrote:
> Pretty simple really, my windows vista on my laptop (Inspiron 1520) is
> supposedly saying its 'configuring updates 3 of 3 - 0%' and doesn't get
> anywhere with it and just shuts down every time... its rendered the laptop
> unusable?

0
PA
2/13/2010 4:12:57 PM
Hello Paul,

Give this one a whirl: <http://www.anguas.com/?p=47>

-- <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358>
-=-

"Kwacker" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Pretty simple really, my windows vista on my laptop (Inspiron 1520) is
> supposedly saying its 'configuring updates 3 of 3 - 0%' and doesn't get
> anywhere with it and just shuts down every time... its rendered the laptop
> unusable?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers!
> Paul.

Auto updating a workbook with data from another workbook
I'm in the middle of building a prospect and sales tracking workbook that monitors, activity and produces reports for the Technology Sales department at work. The idea is to have a workbook that the sales person can take on the road and update with prospect and sales information (Company Name, Contact Name, Sales Region, Forecasted Revenue, Forecasted Profit, Actual Profit etc) and then send this via email into the office. The Director then has a workbook at the office which includes the reports. The data from several different sales people then needs collating and entering into the...

HELP!
I'm using Word as my mail editor, I installed the latest SP for Office and I keep getting a message box whenever I try to edit a mail message!!!! What is this?!?! This is not a virus protection fwature - THIS IS THE VIRUS ITSELF!!!!! This is freaking me out!! How do I get rid of this thing?!?! I don't want to use outlook's default editor and I DONT NOT wish to install a 3rd-party auto-click thingy - I want this feature turned OFFFFFFFFFFF for good!! city123mouse@yahoo.com <city123mouse@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'm using Word as my mail editor, I installed the latest ...

Money Updates? (2003)
Money '03 has stopped getting Money Updates. This just stopped working in the past few days. Quotes update, all other providers update including investment accounts. The Call Summary message is as follows: MONEY UPDATES (!) Your last call encountered an error: 1/26/3004 7:58 PM (!) An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks. I have not reinstalled yet. I am afraid that I might not be able to get updates to Money that could be lost in reinstalling. I have done the repair process and it says th...

Updated office 2000 to office XP and won't save sent e-mail addresses
Office 200 had a task or an easy set up to save e-ma9il addresses from send e-mails and XP isn't saveing them and doesn't appear to have a task or I don't know how to set it up. Please help. LV Only the old IMO mode of Outlook ever had such a feature. No current versions do. You can create one with code if you want: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "lvproductions" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ffa01c48ecd$23ef1f10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Office 200 had a task or an easy set up...

Not possible access CRM when CRM installed in outlook
Hello, I have crm 3.0 installed in outlook at my computer. Unfortunately I am not able to access the web-interface of the CRM-system. When I try to start the CRM in IE, internet explorer will close down. Is there possibly someone that knows how to make it possible to access CRM through IE when it is also installed in Outlook? Mattias Hello Kyhlan, Don't you have a popup blocker installed in IE? It causes problems with MSCRM launch. If you do have one, remove it or allow the popups for your MSCRM site address. WBR, Olivier Furnemont My MSCRM blog on: www.furnemont.net > Hello,...

Urgent: Getting error 421 when SMTP tries to send to exchange
Help. I recently upgraded my exchange 2000 server to 2003 and now I cannot receive email from SMTP. I connect to the SMTP port 25 on the exchange server, type "MAIL" and get the following error: "421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server". The SMTP log has one line which says the same thing. The log from the sending server says the same thing. Nothing in the event logs at all. I've tried reintalling exchange 2003 and no go. Thanks for any help. ...

Collect and update via email with a Table/spreadsheet
Hello, I would like to use the "Collect and update via email" function within MS Access which sends out and collects emails with MS InfoPath. I know how to use this function, but what I would like to do is something slightly different. Instead of emailing out a "form" that has the customer and then all information below to be filled out, I want to send out an Excel/Access table instead. The reason for this is because each email will contain 50+ subjects to fill out, each with 5+ items to fill out per subject. If I were to use the standard form, the person rec...

Error with Setup CRM 3.0
i've windows 2003 server + exchange sever 2003 + sql server 2005 all installed in the same computer (all the servers, named 'CRM') when trying to install CRM 3.0 i've got the message: action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.RSPublishAction failed. the specified path is not metabase path. parameter name: path when trying to mark to install in the current web site the server, the binding is: '192.168.1.3:8888:procom', metabase path: /LM/W3svc/1 so i was trying to create a new web site (the server binding appears is: ':5555:' in the wizard screen appears (setup was unb...

Stop: c0000218 error on OEM Laptop
Have read a few discussions on the repair of this error, but all seem to mention that the fixes are generally for NON OEM XP machines. This XP laptop does not have it's own XP CD, but the owner did make a set of recovery dvds about 3 years ago. I asked the owner if there was anything on the laptop that he wanted saving and he was only worried about programs in general. If I do a recovery with the supplied recovery DVDs, will it over write or delete any of his programs? TIA kleefarr wrote: > > If I do a recovery with the supplied recovery DVDs, will ...

Can't Remove or Re-Install Office 2003! KB Article 828380 No Help!
When I try to re-install or uninstall Office 2003 I get the message: The patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exisits and that you can access it, or contact the application vender to verify that this is a valid Windows installer patch package. I've tried performing both solutions from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 828380 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828380&Product=off2003 and it does not work! I have all the Office application installed except Outlook 2003. Since I can't uninstall or re-install Office I can't fix t...

Money 2005/Pocket PC Installation Location
Just wanted some verification. Does Money 2005 for Pocket PC require it to be installed in Main Memory? Or, can you install it on a Storage Card instead. I tried to store it on an SD card, but it would not really work properly -- no items on the Today screen, etc. It requires main memory. -Mark "Bryan" <Bryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A319DC1E-7848-45C3-AB9F-4C58F105E8F3@microsoft.com... > Just wanted some verification. > > Does Money 2005 for Pocket PC require it to be installed in Main Memory? > Or, can you install it on a Storage Ca...

Status Bar #3
A short while ago the lower left corner of the status bar stopped showing any information. This is where you see number of records filtered in the filter option. Or the save progress. The right side is working fine. This is where you see the count, or sum, or average... It is very puzzling that the functions that appear on the left side have dissappeared all together. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way of solving this without reinstalling excel? Thanks, Jakop. Hello Jakop You might as well try this macro : Sub RestoreMyStatBar() Application.StatusBar = False End ...

update and install
We've had a problem with install updates and shut down. Now 2 of our computers are not starting back up - what is going on? Is anyone else having this problem 1) Which edition of Windows and what Service Pack level are they on ? 2) If these were *Security* updates, MS offers *** no charge *** support for resolving issues associated with their installation: " Support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for s...

money 2004 installation problem
Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is invalid." Can someone help? I removed the program and reinstalled several times. Same problem. I disabled both Antivirus and Firewall. In microsoft.public.money, Rupert Lee wrote: >Installation goes okay. When I run the program by clicking >on the desktop icon, an error message appears. Content >is "either registry key is missing or a registrey value is >invalid." Can someone help?...

Update 12.2.3

Cannot boot, setup cannot detect existing installation
After being infected by a virus (cleaned from via anti-virus bootcd) my Dell XP machine no longer boots. Trying to boot in safe-mode stalls after the line that says that it is loading ACPI.sys. I tried to do a repair from the windows XP setup CD but it fails to detect the existing installation. I don't know if it makes any difference but there are 3 partitions (C:, dell utility and dell recovery). Since it seems to loading the other 'sys' files before ACPI I assume that the bootloader sequence is okay (MBR, boot partition, etc) and the problem lies with system files. I...

COM add-in can't update sent message MAPI properties in Outlook XP.
Hello, I've written a COM add-in in VB .NETwhich adds tracking info (message delivered/read times) from external messages to the appropriate sent message. The add-in works fine in Outlook 2003. However, in Outlook XP/2002, it only works if the sent message has not been opened by the sender in Outlook until after the add-in has updated the tracking info. It's as if the sent message becomes read-only once the sender opens it from their Sent Items folder. Anyone seen similar behaviour before please? The setup is Outlook XP/2002 or Outlook 2003 against an Exchange 2003 server (MAPI pro...

SBS2003 and WSuS 3
Hi all, SBS2003 R2 with WSuS installed (WSuS 3.2.7600.226). All has been running fine, but today ALL our severs (4 separate SBS2003 R2 machines) are all displaying errors when using the "Update Services" link on the Server Management console. Line 185 Char 4 Error "document.all.divForm.style" is null or not an object follwed by Line 194: </div> Line 195: <%Response.Flush(); Line 196: RenderPage();%> Line 197: <div id="divForm" style="display: none"> Line 198: <form id="formMain" method="po...

VBA Function #3
I have a main program in VBA and it calls another program=Blend several times. "Blend" depends on two array inputs that change in the Main program. Is there anyway to specify the inputs when I "Call Blend" like "Call Blend(x,y)" where I set x=Array1 and y=Array2 ? Thanks Yes, but your sub has to use them Sub Blend(ary1, ary2) 'do something with ary1 and ary2 End Sub -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC4FE65F-8B3C-4BB4-93BF-DF737DCFC...

Excel 2003 update failure
Hello, I am attempting to install the current Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB9055756) and with each attempt I receive the follwoing message: "Updates were unable to be successfully installed" "The following updates were not installed Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB9055756 I also receive a similar message for the 2 current Outlook 2003 updates. I would appreciate any advice on what may be causing my problem. I have Office 2003 on a desktop and laptop with the same results on each. I have not had any problems with Office updates prior to these most recent 3 Securit...

SFO Installation problem
Hi, I've installed SFO numerous times on various machines (including my notebook) with zero trouble. I am now installing it on my Desktop with no success. I get through the install and reboot but when I start Outlook(2003), no CRM toolbar appears, the CRM folder contains only 3 items : Custom Forms Deleted Items Search Folders No shortcuts appear either. Previously I had Business Contact Manager installed which I removed. I've also uninistalled SFO, MSDE and MSCRM.pst and tried again. Still no luck! Any ideas? Cheers, Lindsay OK, I managed to get the tool bar and ...

Update contacts and events
I have successfully inserted an individual contact or event into Outlook. I am not working on a batch process. I have a couple issues: 1. Outlook only accepts the first contact or event in the file (similar to another user's issue with the import) 2. Is there a way to update or delete contacts or events based on the UID in order to synchronize the data? I am attempting to insert and update the contacts and events from a VB.NET application. If there is a better way to accomplish this, please advise. ...

Bypassing Live ID Sign-In Yet Getting Online Updates
Money Plus Deluxe 17.0.120.1415 I had been able to get online updates and download transactions without having to sign in at Money startup. I recently added a new account and must have changed a setting since I now have to sign in to Money to get online updates. I don't want my info on MSN Money Central, I don't need to access it from another computer and I don't use automatic updates. How can I reconfigure Money to open my file and get online updates without having to sign in with a Windows Live ID? How can I remove my info from Money Central without affecting my ability...

Manually update a price
If you can't get an investment account to update prices automatically (which is most of the time), how can you update an investment in that account manually? It doesn't seem that there is an "Update Price" selection in MSM 2007. On Feb 3, 11:26 am, "RickB" <nos...@nospam.net> wrote: > If you can't get an investment account to update prices automatically (which > is most of the time), how can you update an investment in that account > manually? It doesn't seem that there is an "Update Price" selection in MSM > 2007. Go to...

How Do I Copy Customized QAT from Desktop to Laptop?
I customized the quick access toolbar in Excel 2007 on my desktop (running Win XP), adding a number of buttons to it, and want to copy the settings to Excel 2007 on my laptop (Win 7). I located the Excel.qat file on my desktop and copied it both to [UserName]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Excel and to ..../Microsoft/Office on the laptop. However, when I open Excel on the laptop, the default minimal quick access bar appears. How can I get the desktop qat into laptop Excel? Thank you, Terry Hi Terry Copy it here C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Excel.q...