KB953297 update error (microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1)

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000,
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server
2008 R2 (KB953297)

Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing.
 What can I do?

You aren't alone.  I have the same problem.

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Will not install.  It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do)
but I cannot get past the page telling me to install it so now I am blocked
from getting to Portfolio Manager Investor.  However, I solved the problem of
getting past the blocking page and going to PMI by using FireFox instead of
IE8 for my browser.

"mmihalko" wrote:

> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000,
> Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server
> 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>

> Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing.
>  What can I do?
Woops.  My bad.  It is a demand for Silverlight installation (which I already
have installed) that is blocking my access to Portfolio Manager Investor and
which I can circumvent by using FireFox instead of IE8.  But I still cannot
install .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update.

"Frustrated with IE" wrote:

> You aren't alone.  I have the same problem.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Will not install.  It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do)
> but I cannot get past the page telling me to install it so now I am blocked
> from getting to Portfolio Manager Investor.  However, I solved the problem of
> getting past the blocking page and going to PMI by using FireFox instead of
> IE8 for my browser.
>
> "mmihalko" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000,
> > Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server
> > 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> >

> > Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing.
> >  What can I do?
Whoops.  My bad.  It is a Silverlight installation message (although I
already have it installed on my computer) that is blocking my access to
Portfolio Manager Investor on IE8, but not on FireFox.  I still have the same
problem as you do on .Net Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update.

"Frustrated with IE" wrote:

> You aren't alone.  I have the same problem.
>
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Will not install.  It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do)
> but I cannot get past the page telling me to install it so now I am blocked
> from getting to Portfolio Manager Investor.  However, I solved the problem of
> getting past the blocking page and going to PMI by using FireFox instead of
> IE8 for my browser.
>
> "mmihalko" wrote:
>
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000,
> > Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server
> > 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> >

> > Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing.
> >  What can I do?

> "Frustrated with IE" wrote:
>
> > You aren't alone.  I have the same problem.
> >
> > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> > 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
> > Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> >
> > Will not install.  It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do)
> > but I cannot get past the page telling me to install it so now I am blocked
> > from getting to Portfolio Manager Investor.  However, I solved the problem of
> > getting past the blocking page and going to PMI by using FireFox instead of
> > IE8 for my browser.
> >
> > "mmihalko" wrote:
> >
> > > Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000,
> > > Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server
> > > 2008 R2 (KB953297)
> > >

> > > Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing.
> > >  What can I do?
See...

When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

Otherwise, see the "How to obtain help" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953297

and/or 1-866-234-6020 in the United States and in Canada or by contacting
your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge for support calls that
are associated with security updates.  When you call, clearly state that
your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number
(e.g., KB953297).

Or you can...

Consumer Security Support home page

your usual support contacts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

mmihalko wrote:
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>

> Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps
> failing.
> What can I do?

0
PA

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

stack fault error when browsing address book
I have a problem that occurs when browsing the address book "Contacts" that results in the error message: OUTLOOK has caused a stack fault in MSPST32.DLL and the termination of Outlook I've updated the Win98Se and the Office 2000, tried the steps in the KB218853, and searched the newsgroup and KB to no avail. Also tried the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) which found only minor problems and repaired them. I can look at the entire "Contacts" folder in Outlook without problems. This does not appear to be related to any contact record. Thanks Steve ...

Exchange Services group
While in OWA, I was able to look at my mail thru the net. I then typed in another users login and was able to get into their email without being prompted for a password. At first I thought we had a major security problem. I then asked some other people in my department if they could do the same but they were prompted for passwords. In researching this, I found that myself and two other people were a part of the Exchange Services group. When I took one person out of this group, they were not able to get into other peoples email thru webmail. My mgr is in a frenzy now. She doesn...

Update import possible in MS CRM 4 ?
Hello people, I need to do an update import on an existing MS CRM 4 database. This means that I don't want to create additional records, but rather check on a specific field and update other fields when I find a match. In this specific case I have a CSV-file with customer numbers and updated address information. I need to check for the customer numbers in CRM and, if found, have the new address information imported and overwritten over the existing address information. As far as I can see it, this is not possbible in MS CRM 4.0 ? Regards, Mav. On Feb 12, 2:06=A0am, EuroMaverick ...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

Error Code: 0x8024D007
Hi all: I have tried pretty much evrything listed here in other discussions. It appears that my last update was January 2010. I am running XP sp3. I would hope by now Microsoft would have a general fix for WUS issues. I know this is a compllex issue but so many people can no longer get updtaes. is this their way of trying to force us all to Win 7? Any help would be appreciated. Thx Michael Michael, The most common cause of error 0x8024D007 is that registry files that correspond to the Wups2.dll file are missing. However, the problem can also be caused by other mis...

power point error
get the following error when double clicking a slideshow in Outlook: Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. PSAPI.DLL Originally I thought it could be a problem with PowerPoint 2007 so I had Unistalled the Office suite and reinstalled it however the problem still arised. Even repairing the Office suite did not help. I tried using the sfc /scannow but to no avale. I also tried renaming the PSAPI.DLL to PSAPIOLD.DLL rebooted the machine and then it created a new PSAPI.DLL file. Still the error arises. Then I had tried repar...

Force Service Start-up...
I have a small network with Active Directory Installed. The AD Domain is controlled by Win2003 Servers. I have a member server which is Win 2008 (R1) server. The central database for Sage's Simply Accounting is installed on this server. One of Sage's peculiarities is the "Connection Manager". This is installed on the server as a "service". And the start-up is "automatic". The problem is that when the server reboots, this installed service *does not start". It will not start unless you either launch Simply Accounting on the server, or unles...

Error C2440 cannot convert from void
I got this error a few days ago and after much searching and still stuck on the problem. Any help given will be greatly appreciated. Error 1 error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CPage1::* )(void)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' The error occurred in this code: BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CPage1, CPropertyPage) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CPage1) ON_WM_DESTROY() ON_WM_TIMER() ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_ADD, OnButtonProvAdd) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BUTTON_PROV_EDIT, OnButtonProvEdit) ON_BN_CLICKED(IDC_BU...

Conversion Errors Table
Hello, I'm new to working with Access, I just converted an Access 97 databas into Access 2002. It tells me there were errors, and to look at th Conversion Errors Table. But nowhere in the message or in the MS Hel is there anything telling me where to find this table. Can someon help? Thanks Patric -- psha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pshaw's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=493 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=125029 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i I'd expect to find it in the new...

Microsoft Money with Palm
Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link software? You have to buy Ultrasoft Money. Microsoft likes the windows handheld devices not Palm-based, so out of the box they only supply software for windows. By the way Ultrasoft Money works very well. Tim wrote: > Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm > Pilot? Or do I need to buy the Ultrasoft Money Link > software? You need to buy Ultrasoft. >-----Original Message----- >Does Microsoft Money 2004 Deluxe allow you to use a Palm >Pi...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC
Dear Forum Members: I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC image) up and running on my external hard drive. Does anyone know how to point Microsoft VPC to the Microsoft CRM VPC image loaded on my external hard drive? Please help! Thanks, I think the CRM3 VPC has expired "Caseroo" <Caseroo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30C46BB4-71F1-41C1-8BB2-899325493D1E@microsoft.com... > Dear Forum Members: > > I have installed Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45, but I can't get Microsoft CRM > 3.0 > (VPC i...

run Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line
This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? (like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) In a command line I am not sure. Try posting at microsoft.public.publisher.programming Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.kvalheim.org >-----Original Message----- >This might look simple but I cannot figure it out. > >How can you run a Microsoft Publisher 2002 macro in command line? >(like in Word, you can do winword file.doc /mNAMEOFTHEMACRO ) >. > ...

how to delete Microsoft office
How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo but i don't want it anymore. Thank you "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B2C1A8-2A65-4E97-BE3B-EC2DC2D42107@microsoft.com... > How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo > but > i don't want it anymore. Thank you Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, Microsoft Office, Remove. Dany Or if you cannot as Jeff posted then see the below http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to ...

How to use AjaxToolKit in asp.net for DHTML Editor
Dear Sir/Madam Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7ac633e9-2cbd-4417-9b4e-363a9b5b3e74@d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. http://tinyurl.com/ybfuqo8 ...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Error Msg.
Can anyone decipher this error message: DVZMSGR caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:78001296. Registers: EAX=00650078 CS=0167 EIP=78001296 EFLGS=00010202 EBX=0075000c SS=016f ESP=0063f728 EBP=0063f748 ECX=0064fc40 DS=016f ESI=0000003f FS=393f EDX=00650448 ES=016f EDI=0000003f GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: 89 4c 11 fc 8b 75 f0 03 d1 8d 4e 01 89 0a 89 4c Stack dump: 00000000 00000040 780013d0 816d0238 00000050 006503c0 0064fc40 00000001 0063f77c 7800145c 0075000c 00000000 ffffffff 780013d0 bff7b9c5 816d0204 ...

Money 2004 Deluxe Start error after install
After a fresh install of Money 2004 Deluxe in Windows XP Home I get an error box that says "Microsoft Money has encountered an error and needs to close" There is a box checked that says " Restart Microsoft Money" but it never restarts. Th error signature - AppVer: 12.0.0.613 Mod Name: kernel32.dll Offset: 00013887 Under technical information - Exception information Code: 0xe06d7363 Flags: 0x00000001 Address: 0x0000000077e73887 Is this a Windows error or did I waste my money on a software package. Please help - thanks In microsof...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

Help Needed With Write Conflict Error Message.
I have an order form that users open and close on a regular basis. The form is based on a query. On the form are two fields, "TicketPrinted" and "RevisedDate". Most of the time the field "Ticket Printed" has a value in it of "Yes". What I want to be able to do is that if a date is entered into this "RevisedDate" field, OR if the information is changed in this "Revised Date" field, that when the user closed the form, an update query runs that changes the "TicketPrinted" field from the original value of "Yes"...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...