Installation Failure: Error Code: 0x64C

How Can I resolve the following issue?

Installation Failure: Error Code: 0x64C
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows
Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

Your help is appreciated!

Luis

quadspark wrote:
> How Can I resolve the following issue?
>
> Installation Failure: Error Code: 0x64C
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)

..NET Framework:

At this point - if the machine was mine - I would follow these directions:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/ea20ba99-017e-4ae0-975b-1ef8b771dff8

In other words...  Use the .NET Cleanup Tool (Method 2), reboot and install
the .NET Updates in this order:

- .Net Framework 3.5
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6)
- .Net Framework 1.1
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&)
- .Net Framework 1.1 SP1
(http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=A8F5654F-088E-40B2-BBDB-A83353618B38&)

Should be good to go.

Needs repeating in full?
When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

=====================

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article...

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0,
or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or Windows
Installer error code "1603" (ignore the title, if need be)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, reinstall all .NET Framework
versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the
download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

    1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
    2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
    3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx.  Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
12/30/2009 2:36:55 AM
When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (ignore the error numbers)
[...]

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

quadspark wrote:
> How Can I resolve the following issue?
>
> Installation Failure: Error Code: 0x64C
> Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows
> 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and
> Windows
> Server 2008 R2 (KB953297)
>
> Your help is appreciated!
>
> Luis

0
PA

Assign control source in code
I have been assigning the control source to my reports in code like this: If Me!ClientID = "ABC" Then DoCmd.OpenReport "rptABC", acViewDesign Reports!rptABC.RecordSource = "qryABC" DoCmd.Save acReport, "rptABC" DoCmd.OpenReport "rptABC", acViewPreview Else... However, I need to convert the database to an mde file, thus removing the ability to go into design view. Is there another way to assign the control source of a report in code? This way will not work with an mde file because it trie...

W7
Moved from XP Pro to W7 Pro. Installed Office 2003 w/ Outlook. After installation I show 2 new files (Calendar & Tasks) in addition to my Personal Folders file and a second file for an IMAP e-mail account. They are on the top folder level. When I go to delete them I get an Object Not Found message. They don't appear in my profile or in the list of files for the profile. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office and now I have 4 files (2 Calendar, 2 Tasks). The good news is that other than the "phantom" file everything else is working normally. How do ...

Error while opening an excel file without having saved it
This error is coming when I try to open directly an extracted excel file without having saved it. Why ??? ''A DDE error has occured and a description of the error cannot be displayed because it is too long. If the filename or path is long, try remaining the file or copying it to a different folder'' On Apr 15, 11:13=A0pm, George <Geo...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Thiserroris coming when I try toopendirectly an extractedexcelfile > without having saved it. Why ??? > > ''A DDEerrorhas occured and a description of theerrorcannot be displayed...

Browsing on a single Subnet
My problem, and hopefully an easy problem for you guys with more knowledge on the subject, is that sometimes I can see the list of computers/servers on the network (one single subnet network) thru My Network Places->Entire Network->Microsoft Windows Networks and sometimes I can't. I have 2 DCs (windows 2003 Ent. Ed. w/ SP1), one member server (2003 ent. ed. w/ SP1 as well) and 10 to 12 workstations, all XP Pro w/ Sp2 with the firewall feature manually disabled on all of them. On my DC1, I have forced it to always be the Domain Master Browser by doing the registry hack. This D...

using global policy to push out WEP codes
Has anyone been able to use the wireless global policy option in W2003 server to push out WEP codes to wireless domain clients? If so, how? ...

"cannot be accessed" error message
Excel attachments I send using Outlook cant be opened by others. When people try to open attachment they get; "cannot be accessed" error message or "This file is not in a recognizable format" Do they own the same version of excel as you do (or even newer versions)? If they own xl95 and you own xl97-xl2003, then xl95 won't open the file unless you save that file in xl95 format (or xl95/xl97-xl2003 combination format). xl97 through xl2003 should be able to share files without any problem. Foz wrote: > > Excel attachments I send using Outlook cant be opened by...

WSE 2.0 encoding error
I have a client application ( web service ) write in vs2005 consuming an external web service with WSE 2.0 (x509). The response is in hebrew ( windows-1255 ). In the Trace files I see the hebrew fine, but the response is gibrish. Did any one know how to change the encoding of the response. -- moital Hi Moital, From your description, you have a .NET client application which consume an external webservice (secured through WSE 2.0). You found the client get giberish from server service since it is output hebrew encoding response, correct? Regarding on the problem, I'd like conform so...

Can't figure out this PasteSpecial error message
I keep getting this error message "PasteSpecial method of Range class failed" in the code below at the line: "Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll" and I can't figure out what the problem is. Any ideas? For Each c In insiteWS.Range("A" & insiteCurrRow & ":A" & insitelastRow & "").Cells If c.Value = marketName And c.Offset(0, 1).Value = NLP Then insiteWS.Select insiteWS.Range("A" & insiteCurrRow & ":" & insitelastColumn & insiteCurrRow).Select ...

Timesheet Entry Error
Hello everyone, Has anyone come across the following error message when a user attempts to add a timesheet within Great Plains 8.0? The error is "You cannot use a salary pay code for employees who are paid by the hour." I cannot seem to find our where the system sets the user up as hourly. They seem to be setup the same way as every other user. When a user who is not having an issue enters time, a default pay code is entered into each line item. For this user, only the department and position prefills not the pay code. This project / contract is open, the user is assigne...

Excel Short of memory error
Where is the repair feature to try and fix this problem? Perhaps you could give us a few more details:- What OS What version Excel When does the error occur Is it specific to one file Does it happen to all files Does it happen with no files but when you start excel All of these things help us enormously, and the trick to getting a good answer is in asking a good question, else you end up dancing around with a dozen different options whilst we run through the book.. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /...

OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors #3
Hi, I am getting error every time I open outlook 2000 "OUTLOOK.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows....." I repaired it, reload off 2000 in diffrent location mailbox are in server (exchange 2003). Problem is still there. Now I installed off XP and it is working fine, but I can not load XP I need to be with OFF 2000. PLS. help Regards Manoj ...

OE error message 452, too many recepients
I have a group of 154 that I am trying to send a notification to and I keep getting a message that there are too many recepients, send more later. I don't know if any went out or how to correct this. Your ISP/Company is limiting how many people you can send a message to. You will have to use smaller groups (start with 25) or contact the support folks and see what the limit is. "debi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2fdb01c4a3de$61377c70$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have a group of 154 that I am trying to send a > notification to and I k...

News Alert Set-Up Failure in Money 2003 Deluxe
When I tried to set up the customized news alert, I received the following error: News alert is unable to download setup information. Error 1012. Could someone tell me what's wrong with this set-up. ...

Installation/Run Problem
Using Pub. 2003 w/XP operating system. The desktop icon will open. However, if I go to a previously made document and double click on it to open or revise, nothing happens. Previously made documents can only be opened by first opening Pub. 2003 and then going to "open existing document." This seems like an unnecessary step. How I can double click on a document and have it open? Thank you. In Windows Explorer, on the Toolbar, folder options, file types, scroll down and see if .pub is listed, if not click new and associate it with Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http:...

Microsoft Outlook Error Message
I want to start using MS Outlook for my e-mails. I am currently using Outlook Express. When I try to open MS Outlook, I get the following error messages. "The OUTLLIB.DLL file is linked to missing export MAP132.DLL:239" and "C:\program files\microsoft office\office\outlook.exe A device attached to the system is not functioning" I can't find my Office 97 disc. Is there a way to fix this problem without it? Thank you, Jay I forgot to say that I am using Office 97. Thanks, Jay >-----Original Message----- >I want to start using MS Outlook for my e-mail...

VBA format function codes
I thought I understood the VBA Format function codes, but apparantly not. I have several columns of numbers that I want to write to a file so that they line up. Some of them are integers, some have a few decimal places. For the integers, I first tried "####0": ?format(123,"####0") & "|" 123| I forgot that "#" does not insert spaces. Next I tried "@@@@0": ?format(123,"@@@@0") & "|" 1230| Now I get the spaces, but why am I getting the extra zero? Next I tried "@@@@@": ...

VS7 Add Variable Wizard Error
All of a sudden, the Add Variable wizard is crashing out with 'Line 479 -= Invalid Procedure call or argument'. Anyone come across this ? I get around it by adding the control variables by hand which actually is a= lot faster so I might stick to that. Ian Semmel wrote: >All of a sudden, the Add Variable wizard is crashing out with 'Line 479 - Invalid Procedure call or argument'. > >Anyone come across this ? Yes. I've got a project in which one dialog (out of several) is effectively dead to the wizard. >I get around it by adding the control variables by...

Business Portal 2.0 Install
Greetings, I've installed Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 and am attempting to install GP Business Portal 2.0 and setting it up as a server farm. We are running GP 9.0. Windows SharePoint seems to work fine, I can go to http://servername and see the portal site. However when I try to open businessportal site http://servername/sites/businessportal I get you are not authorized to view this page. I'm using the login of the site admin so I'm not sure what the issue is. The IIS directory security is set for Integrated Windows Authentication and SSL is not required. I'm not ...

Code to adjust column width
Hi, Can anyone help with code to do the following: Row E8:AI8 - each cell contains a value 0 to 100, generally a value of 1 to 20. The total of the row is maximum 100. I would like to adjust the width of the column based on the values for each column. The minimum width would need to be 6 so text is still readable. Thanks in advance Primed Hi Primed This should do it: Sub ColumnAdjust() Set Rng = Range("E8:AI8") For Each cell In Rng If cell.Value >= 6 Then cell.ColumnWidth = cell.Value Else cell.ColumnWidth = 6 End If Ne...

post code on col1 & list of suburbs in col2
"Peo Sjoblom" wrote: Hi Peo sorry,it did not 'll review the question - may be u can give me a formula 1. row1 -10 contain same post code number 2. row 1-10 contains names of the various post code 3.can you please help me with a formula where single post code combines all the suburbs in a cell separated by a formula 4. please note that number of suburbs (text) in a single post code varies need ur help thanks varun > > "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > > Sorry Peo should read separated by a comma Sorry, I don't understand your question, same postcod...

Error 32765
I have several VB6 programs which I have written using the Common Dialog box COMDLG32.OCX and they all work fine. Suddenly this week on my own PC (Windows 7 - 64 bit - Home Premium) all these programs throw up the error quote Run-time error '32765' The common dialog function failed during initialization. this error often occurs when insufficient memory is available. unquote This error appears in both compiled versions of the programs and when using the VB6 editor. Placing an earlier copy of comdlg32.ocx in the same folder as the VB .exe file and registering it wor...

On Error Flakeyness
What causes the 'On Error GoTo xxx' to work sometimes and not to work other times. I have a loop that contains an On Error statement. The first time through the loop the code encounters a cell with data that causes an error, and the On Error statement handles it - it sends the code to the designated label, where I have an 'On Error GoTo 0' statement. The next time through the loop, the 'On Error' Statement is again set, and the code encounters the next cell, which has exactly the same data as the previous cell. This time an error message pops up instead of th...

Office 2003 Upgrade - Error 1608
I'm trying to install Office 2003 Small Business Upgrade on Windows 7. I have Office XP (2002) already installed (Student & Teacher version). When I go to install the upgrade, I get the error message 1608 that "Setup could not locate a version of Microsoft Office 97, 2000 or XP on the selected drive. As mentioned, the suite IS installed on my C:\ drive. I also tried inserting the Office XP installation CD, but get the same error message. Please advise what I should do. Probably because Office XP Student and Teacher Edition is not a qualifying upgrade product f...

Money Plus Installation Question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C892AC.6525DEB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I attempted to install Money Plus today and during the installation was = prompted that MS Money 2005 needed to be uninstalled to proceed. I = certainly do not want to lose the information that I currently have. Has = anyone experienced this to advise how to proceed? Any help is = appreciated. --=20 Dan Johnson ------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01C892AC.6525DEB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-885...

Download frx 6.7 installation CD
Hi, I can't seem to find my FRx installation CD nor can I find it at Partnersource - I can download all the service packs, but not the base. Any assistance gratefully received. HS HS, I believe this link will give you the full install including SP 9: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/frx67fullinstall4gp10cs.htm? That's the only full install link that I've been able to find. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message news:OuGI7Au%23HHA...