Event ID 16

Have this interesting situation. Three Windows 2003 servers behind a
firewall with private 192.168.x.y IP numbers consistently get the eventid 16
mentioned, and fail to update automatically. Manual connections work fine
with no problems or issues. I've followed several suggestions from different
newsgroups and Technet, none of the suggestions have solved the issue. There
is no WSUS server in our site, and all servers go to the microsoft update
site. All servers in the domain with public IP numbers update with no
problems. These three fail, the common link being private addresses.
Any suggestions, pointers to resolution, thoughts appreciated
Bill

0
Bill

How do I reset Windows Update components?:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Bill wrote:
> Have this interesting situation. Three Windows 2003 servers behind a
> firewall with private 192.168.x.y IP numbers consistently get the eventid
> 16
> mentioned, and fail to update automatically. Manual connections work fine
> with no problems or issues. I've followed several suggestions from
> different
> newsgroups and Technet, none of the suggestions have solved the issue.
> There
> is no WSUS server in our site, and all servers go to the microsoft update
> site. All servers in the domain with public IP numbers update with no
> problems. These three fail, the common link being private addresses.
> Any suggestions, pointers to resolution, thoughts appreciated
> Bill

0
PA
4/15/2010 12:19:44 AM
Thanks for the lead, however, this process didn't resolve the problem. I
still receive an error when auto connecting to WUS. Event ID 16 continues to
be logged and no updates are done. Does anyone else have a thought?
thanks
Bill

> How do I reset Windows Update components?:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
>

> Bill wrote:
>> Have this interesting situation. Three Windows 2003 servers behind a
>> firewall with private 192.168.x.y IP numbers consistently get the eventid
>> 16
>> mentioned, and fail to update automatically. Manual connections work fine
>> with no problems or issues. I've followed several suggestions from
>> different
>> newsgroups and Technet, none of the suggestions have solved the issue.
>> There
>> is no WSUS server in our site, and all servers go to the microsoft update
>> site. All servers in the domain with public IP numbers update with no
>> problems. These three fail, the common link being private addresses.
>> Any suggestions, pointers to resolution, thoughts appreciated
>> Bill

0
Bill

Public folder1101 event viewer messages
We have Exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. We are getting public folder error messages - error occured on message (xxx) during a background cleanup on database first storage group/public folders. These are safe to ignore however I want to get rid of the messages so that the Exchange server event viewer is clean. How do I find which messages are faulty and how do I remove them from the public folder database. I have been told about message searching but do not know how to do it. thanks Kath On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 18:08:02 -0700, Kaddie <kathied@tweed.nsw.gov.au(donotspam)> wrote: >...

Programmatically Accessing the Event
I need to edit the on click events for ALL of my command buttons in a large access program. Is there any way to step thru each form and open the file containing all the event procedures. Make changes and then save these changes. ras wrote: >I need to edit the on click events for ALL of my command buttons in a large >access program. Is there any way to step thru each form and open the file >containing all the event procedures. Make changes and then save these >changes. Use this kind of procedure in your design utility module. Public Sub FixClick() Dim db As Databa...

Formatting hyperlinks in an Excel cell 02-16-10
Two of the columns in a spreadsheet (Excel 2003) that I use record email and web addresses. All of them appear as hyperlinks i.e. blue and underlined but some occasionally seem to lose their hyperlink properties. This means that when one hovers over them, the cursor stays as the usual Excel cross rather than changing to the hand/finger symbol. Also, clicking on the former does not launch the browser. Is there any way to ensure they are formatted, and work, as hyperlinks please? TIA V ...

insert a user's name/id
I am aware of functions like =TODAY() which will automatically insert today's date into a cell. I was wondering if something similar existed for user ID's/name. When you create a new spreadsheet it bears the name of the user who first created it in the properties. Is there a function I can put in a cell that will show the user name/id who has opened or last mondified the file (for example)? Thanks. not that i know of but you can do it with code. here is some code we use in some of our files to keep a record of who opened a file, when and how long they were in it. to add cod...

Customer's account with shipper by ship to id
In distribution environments it is common to ship product and use the customer's account number with the carrier. The carrier then charges the customer directly rather than billing the shipper. If the customer has only one ship to address, or if all ship to addresses for the customer use the same shipper account number, pr if the customer uses only one shipping method for which the shipper is to use the customers account number, the account number can be put into one of the comment fields, or into one of the user defined fields, and then it can be printed on the shipping documents...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

Event 5895 Error: Can't clean up the following tables: Activity
I have CRM 1.2 and I have applied rollup 2, but it didn't fix this problem. Any suggestions? Thank you very much. When I do the crmdeletionservice.exe -runonce, it gives med 3 possiblities. Usage. -Install -Remove -Console But I can se in the eventviewer that it is the activity table which is the problem. My only problem is that I don't know how to use the Query Analyzer. Thanks for you answer, I'm sure thats the sollution. Br Steen Hey again I didn't know it was that simple to use the query analyzer :-) I did just as you write in your guide, and it worked perfec...

Event ID 9211
I'm receiving a 9211 Event every 10 minutes on my Exchange 2003 SP1 Server. This is after trying to send an external "echo" message via X400. The message appears to go out to the external body but does not reply. This system worked fine through 5.5 and when I revert back to the old 5.5 system, the "echos" filter through. The 9211 error reads: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: Operating System Event ID: 9211 Date: 10/12/2004 Time: 11:48:13 User: N/A Computer: HQSGAT03 Description: A sockets error 0 on a bind() call was detected. The...

CRM 4 Calendar error Event journaling invalid recipient
We have just upgraded to CRM 4 (from 3). In the web version of CRM, some of my calendar views display the error 'event journalling - invalid recipient type'. After experiementing, I have found that this happens on specific days. If I switch to view by month or week, they also fail if the range contains the day with the error. Otherwise everything works fine. I cant find any other view (eg. activity) or report that shows an event for the problem day. The server application event log contains the following type of event; Event Type: Warning Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0 Event...

two crm servers 01-16-06
Hi everyone, Can I use two CRM servers for access to only one database? Is there some troubles with different language on each crm server? Thanks a lot you cannot use two different language servers against one crm database. you could implement two different language databases i think but it sounds as if you want once crm system with each web server displaying a different language version of crm ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Fanda Koudel" <FandaKoudel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Queue event handler
We would like to generate an email to an internal dispatcher when a support email is received in the general support queue. Which event should we use to trigger this action? Thanks, Ren=E9. ...

Events correction
I have just upgraded from SBS2K to SBS2K3. I am getting the following two errors. Source W3SVC-WP ID 2266 "The account that the current worker process is running under does not have SeTcbPrivilege privilege, the anonymous password sync feature and the Digest authentication feature are disabled." For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Source EXCDO ID 8230 "An inconsistency was detected in fay@awarenessproductions.com: /Calendar/Mexican Train at Larry's.EML. The calendar is being repaired. If other errors occur w...

Outlook does not remind me of events.
Hello, I've noticed that Outlook doesn't remind me of an event until its past overdue. In some cases, 1 day overdue. I've missed important meetings because of this. Does anyone out there know how to fix this problem? Someone suggested using Cleanreminders but this didn't work. Thanks. ...

OnChange event not raised.
I have writen code in a OnChange event in a LookUp control, in others forms this works, but in a specific control this is no raised, i write a simply alert to test, but not raised, i have make this hundred of times before... the event is enabled, publish the change but nothing ... i try "Fixing problems with orphaned OnChange event handlers" from http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12 but don't work, can be a bug??, in other form have lookup, and the onchange event works normally... how can i debug???, no JavaScript error are show ... Mario, Is this happening ...

keyboard event handling in Dialog Box
Hi all does anyone know how to process keyboard events in a dialog based application? The classwizard of my prog shows WM_KEYUP, WM_KEYDOWN, WM_CHAR events for my DialogBox and I wrote handlers for these 3 events( CTestAppDialog::OnKeyUP(), CTestAppDialog::OnKeyUP(),.. ) but when I pressed a key, none of these handlers are called. why? cheers, Ramesh "Ramesh M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00eb01c3bfac$6c003960$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all > > does anyone know how to process keyboard events in a > dialog based application? &...

No customer record exists for this customer ID
This message came up during the posting process. Why did SOP allow the invoice to be created? A few questions: 1. Does the Customer ID actually exist? 2. Is there a possibility that the customer record was physically removed, say with a T-SQL DELETE statement *after* the SOP transaction record was created? 3. Is there a possibility that the customer's Customer ID was accidentally updated with a T-SQL UPDATE statement *after* the SOP transaction record was created? If the customer record is missing, I would restore the last known good backup into a test environment, then transfer ...

7010 Error in Event Viewer
Hi, I have a problem in Exchange Server 2003. When a users receiving for externals e-mails, the front-end Exchange register in Event Viewer this error: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 05/04/2006 Time: 11:17:04 User: N/A Computer: SERVER Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 2, connection #247254. The client at "@IP" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@xxxx.net ". The full c...

Change event for a calculated Form TextBox
I have a calculated textbox (tbTotal) on a form with it's Control Source as [tbHours]*[tbLabor]. I want to trigger a procedure when the textbox value changes, but can't seem to find a event that works. tbHours and tbLabor are also calculated. Ideas? There is no event that fires when a textbox value is changed programmatically. You may try using the After Update event of the controls involved in the calculation. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "chasday" wrote: > I have a calculated textbox (tbTotal) on a form with it's Control Source as > [tbHours]*...

IDs and Series
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200708/1 ...

Edit MO Status by Planner ID
Client wants to see only MRP-suggested orders for a specific Planner ID. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d7ecd70f-a9b1-424d-aea7-a1d25e63b8ab&dg=microsof...

quickest way to create vendor IDs manually
I have a list of vendor names that I would like to convert to Vendor IDs I would like the vendor ID to be the first 4 characters of the vendor name (spaces ignored) followed by 3 digits starting at 001. for example: If we have 5 vendors where the first four characters in their names are THER (Thermafiber, Therm all, Thermal Systems, etc.). I would like to be able to have a formula automatically assign them vendor IDs THER001, THER002, THER003, etc. I am having trouble ignoring spaces (eg 3M Company would be 3MCO001) and auto numbering. Can anyone get me started this is what I have in colu...

Calendar items "disappear" with Event id 8206, 8239, 8241
Dear all I am using outlook xp with windows2k, share a calendar with other staffs. "one of them will syn the calendar with the PPC". Now some of my calendar items disappear after a while. They are still there but the stat/end dates are lost I can still see them if I do an "advanced find" under my calendar items and search for all items. They appear in the list with no start or end date. And it occurs randomly. Thanks for support. KL "Kenny" <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am using outlook xp with windows2k, share a calendar with oth...

Removing Customer ID & Sales Orders with posted Invoices
Hi, I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. Regards, Andrew Andrew, What exactly do you mean by 'remove'? "Illion" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b31701c46815$1b645a60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have a situation, may I know how do I remove a customer > record and sales order with posted invoices. Will it > affect my debtors aging report in anyway? Thanks. > > Regards, > Andrew Sorry...

Mouse Events with associated labels?
Hi all- I found parts of my answer in the archives, but am wondering if my solution really is a 'good' one. I have a form with a combo box (with enter and exit event procedures) and a non-associated label (this lets me set up a On Click event for the label.) (Several pairs, actually.) When I was setting this up I considered using a command button but settled on the unassociated label as it seemed to me to be "less complicated." Now, as I am putting the form into use I find that I'd like to set up shortcut key access to the combo box. The information I found in the ar...

Event 6398
I got the error 6298 below every 5 minutes on my Sharepoint server (MOSS 2007) Tried couple of things to no avail. Your help is greatly appreciated. Bill --------------------------------------- Log Name: Application Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3 Date: 12/11/2009 11:00:04 AM Event ID: 6398 Task Category: Timer Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: WEBPORTAL.jacooil.com Description: The Execute method of job definition ScheduleAlertJob.ScheduleAlertJobDefinition (ID 2d1ee7c5-0ee5-46b9-9047-b35bf78afda2) threw an exception. More information is...