Error Code 8024000E Windows Update Not Functional!

A couple of days ago my PC stopped being able to even check for or get
updates.  I believe that something that was installed on the update of 11/13
caused this issue because my computer suddenly has 3 problems it has never
had before.  Here are the lines from the log file where the process bombs out:

2009-11-14	12:34:19:709	1356	20f4	Setup	WARNING: SelfUpdate failed to load
WuPackages.xml file, error = 0x8024000E
2009-11-14	12:34:19:709	1356	20f4	Setup	WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024000E
2009-11-14	12:34:19:709	1356	20f4	Setup	FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err
= 0x8024000E

I am on Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 and have been for some time.

A search of windows help and this forum site have not produced any
results/fixes.
Thanks in advance!

See this discussion:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/b62ccd18-9197-45cf-9732-cfba65e78cef/

KenDude wrote:
> A couple of days ago my PC stopped being able to even check for or get
> updates.  I believe that something that was installed on the update of
> 11/13
> caused this issue because my computer suddenly has 3 problems it has never
> had before.  Here are the lines from the log file where the process bombs
> out:
>
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate failed to load
> WuPackages.xml file, error = 0x8024000E
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed
> download package information, error = 0x8024000E
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed,
> err
> = 0x8024000E
>
> I am on Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 and have been for some time.
>
> A search of windows help and this forum site have not produced any
> results/fixes.
> Thanks in advance!

0
PA
11/16/2009 3:46:50 PM
"KenDude" <KenDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682B5F12-0A56-4EC0-9E31-9ED1FD4E0041@microsoft.com...

(web interface user)

>A couple of days ago my PC stopped being able to even check for or get
> updates.  I believe that something that was installed on the update of 11/13
> caused this issue because my computer suddenly has 3 problems it has never
> had before.  Here are the lines from the log file where the process bombs out:
>
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate failed to load
> WuPackages.xml file, error = 0x8024000E
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
> download package information, error = 0x8024000E
> 2009-11-14 12:34:19:709 1356 20f4 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err
> = 0x8024000E

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc720442(WS.10,printer).aspx
(Microsoft search for
    (8024000E OR 0x8024000E) update
)

<quote>
      0x8024000E
     WU_E_XML_INVALID
     Windows Update Agent found invalid information in the update's XML data.

</quote>

> I am on Vista Ultimate Service Pack 2 and have been for some time.
>
> A search of windows help and this forum site have not produced any
> results/fixes.
> Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately the search index on the interface to newsgroups that you
are using is FUBAR.   At best you would find old threads about this code.

Instead try using Google Groups archive or the web...

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/f1d814913519244/4fa6dddadcb5489e?q=(8024000E+OR+0x8024000E)+(MSFT+OR+MVP)++group:microsoft.*.windowsupdate

(Google Groups search for
    (8024000E OR 0x8024000E) (MSFT OR MVP)  group:microsoft.*.windowsupdate
)

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert

How do I synchronize 3 windows mails
I have Windows Mail built into my Vista, Windows Live Mail built into my program list, and Windows Live Mail accessed through the internet that somehow becomes Bell, which also has Sky Drive. Each gets part of my incoming mail, but only part of it even though they all have the same incoming mail address. When I try to link to an RSS feed my Vista windows mail opens up automatically but I can find no place there to put the link. I also cannot get any newsgroups there. I currently access newsgroups using Windows Live Mail in the programs list. I can put RSS feeds on a lis...

Adding columns to Look Up Records window
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

Dicount Code in Receipt Template
When I post a discounted transaction, it shows the discount code below item description on receipt. I don't want discount code to be printed on my RMS receipt when a discounted transaction is posted. I have already hooked a COM add-in to curtail Entry.Description besides checking the XML receipt file. but I am still not able to print item description only. Any help please? why no one replies to my question. If there is something wrong with the sense of my question, do let me know atleast. so that I could try to explain it more. "ASAD" wrote: > When I post a discounted...

Sub to check and report any formula returned error (eg: #REF!)
I need a sub to run a quick check through a list of sheets (using their codenames) filled with a ton of formulae, and pop up an all clear msg if there are no errors (eg: #REF!) returned in any formula cell. If there are errors, msg will list the affected codenames. Thanks hi, Max ! > I need a sub to run a quick check through a list of sheets (using their codenames) filled with a ton of formulae > and pop up an all clear msg if there are no errors (eg: #REF!) returned in any formula cell. > If there are errors, msg will list the affected codenames. Thanks try with som...

PrintDlg function failing with PD_RETURNDEFAULT
Hi, I am calling PrintDlg function with PD_RETURNDEFAULT flag set. ( I dont want the Printer Dialog Box to be seen) It fails. I have set the hDevNames and hDevMode to be NULL before calling the function PrinTDlg. For getting the error code I had called CommDlgExtendedError(). The error code returned was PDERR_NODEFAULTPRN. Error code implies that the default printer not found.But the default printer is configured for my machine. still why does it throw this error. Had tried PrintDlgEx function. Even that failed with the same error code PDERR_NODEFAULTPRN. Can anyone help me with this. TIA ...

Error searching an additional mailbox
Greetings, I have several users, who, in addition to their own mailbox, mount a second mailbox for storage of certain emails. Recently, several of these users have tried to do searchs on one of the folders in that mailbox and receive a dialog box stating There are too many Find Public Folders dialogs open. You must close them in order to use the Advanced Find. Do you want to close them now? These are all Outlook 2002 users running against an Exchane 5.5 server. Anyone seen this problem before? K ...

Office wont start after update!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Ok, so i installed office and had all the updates done..and when i click on word it opens, then i do the last update which was on april 14 i believe and after that it doesnt open. it keeps saying register online (that box where u can click "learn more" or "register online") i click finish it opens up the update screen, there are no more updates so i close that and word never opens nor does excel or anything else. whats the problem? installed office and it works fine, then i did one update and it works fine, but once...

Paybale Batch pops up error message for all users
Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'VerifyBatchTotals' is out of range in script 'Batch_Lookup_Scrolling_Window SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX and it pop up another error message: And it says the batch has been deleted and when we click again, it go back to normal view Please help Any body has resolution for that?????????? its very urgent please help Dear All, One of my client is getting following error when he click on lookup of batch in purchasing. Transaction>>>>Purchasing>>>&g...

Public Folder Calendar Appointment Updates
We use MS-Exchange with Outlook in our organization. We have set up a group calendar using public folders in Exchange to track group appointments. We enter appointments into this group folder and then invite the applicable people to the appointment. When we update or delete an appointment, the public folder keeps the old appointment in the calendar. This makes it difficult to determine which appointments are correct. Does anybody know how to get the public folder to automatically accept the changes and only show the most up to date information? Thanks, ...

undefined symbol error
I have a report that reads a table i created. When I attempt to run the report I get the following error: Undefined Symbol 'F22001D03924PO Number' I have looked at the table in SQL and in DEX and there are no apparent problems with it. There IS a field called 'PO Number', but it seems well defined. I don't have a problem with a stored procedure that runs prior to the report that fills the data in this table. The data is in the table and it is correct. Any idea how to find and solve this problem? Don This is a problem with the report itself, check the fields...

Need help with a function
Hi I'm sorry but I'm not too much familiar with Excel. I have some listing in column A For example in A1 I have: D:\blabla\folder1\file1.xxx in A2 I have: D:\blabla\folder2\file2.xxx in A3 I have: D:\blabla\folder3\file3.xxx I want the word between the 2nd and 3rd '\' to be in color red. So in A1 folder1 should be in red, in A2 folder2 in red etc I could do it manually but there are like 3000 lines. It would take forever. Is this simple to achieve with a script/macro/? ? I hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Christophe Presumably you want to pick that value o...

Are online updates available in M+ trial version?
I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? Thanks. LT In microsoft.public.money, news.east.cox.net wrote: >I'm having difficulties getting online updates with the MD+ trial version. >Can anyone tell me if this feature is 'unlocked' in the trial software? It is not locked. If running Vista, be sure that your Money and backup files are moved to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as within the user's Documents folder. Check that the ...

Pivot Table Code
I have a pivot table that help me analyze a big amount of data. I examine several scenarios that depends on the selections that I make in the page fields. I have to select different combinations in the page fields to produce the scenarios that I want. I want to simplify the process for other users. I want to use a combo box that commands the page fields combinations that I desire. The combo box should have a list of scenarios = scenario 1, scenario 2, etc. The selection will change more than one page field in order to provide the needed information. How can I do this? I tho...

Problem with Windows Live Signin
I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Luan Pham wrote: >I am currently used Money Plus Home and Business, and have problem >sign in my Data with MSN Windows Live ID. I was recently chagne my >Windows Live Messenger Login ID. As I read Money suppose to detect >the change. Now how do I fix this problem. Thanks See if this helps: http://s...

Upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC?
Is it possible to upgrade to MS Office for Mac from Windows Office for PC? My sister-in-law just made the move to a mac. Sheowned Office on her old Gateway Laptop, can she upgrade to the Mac from her PC version? thanks. --Kevin Nope, no cross-upgrade discount. But if she bought a new Mac, there is a current discount that she may qualify for, which is even better--check the Office Bonus link at Apple: http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/BizCustom?qprm=78313&family=officebo nus&mco=B6A3A393&cid=WWW-OFFICE051119-JOXP5 Be sure to read the fine print on the rebate coupon--expi...

Update Inventory Items
Hi, Appreciate any help. I am looking at importing new values into the following fields below using IM - GP Adapter (Inventory Item) but not sure if my source fiile is actually correct. I'm unsure if these are all the fields I shud have. My source file has the following fields. I am looking to update exiting item records in GP and update the last 5 fields. Is this possible in IM? I am able to update this manually in GP. Item Number Item Description Current Cost - Item Master List Price - Item Master Standard cost - Item Master Primary Vendor - Item Qty Site window...

update chart automatically
I need to know how to update a chart automatically so it wil incorporate new months data as it is entered into a log. I have a data log with a complete list of the required data in column and the dates listed for each. When a new month begins I would like to plot data for it automaticall in a pre existing bar graph as it is entered into the log. My goal is to make this a user friendly program so I don't have to b the only one to know how to use it. Another problem I have run into is my graphs use several series to sho the data, I would like each month to contain data from each se...

Unable to to choose update stocks on line
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In microsoft.public.money, Frank wrote: >I just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004. When I go >to update my stock portfolio all I cab choose is Ipdate >quotes manually. What happened and how can I restore it? In any case, these are worth doing: In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

WinForm
Hi, I've a windows application that i programmed few years ago (with Visual Studio 2005), and used it on XP for few years, I moved now to Windows 7 and I noticed that some colors are not the same on the two OS. Is it possible to make sure my application will look the same both on XP and Windows 7? Thanks, Gidi. On 2010-01-17, Gidi <shnapsi@hotmail.com.dontspam> wrote: > Hi, > > I've a windows application that i programmed few years ago (with Visual > Studio 2005), and used it on XP for few years, I moved now to Windows 7 and I > noticed that ...

Script doesn't quit on Windows 7
I have a .vbs script that maps drives and network printers. The script lives on the network. I script is not quitting on Windows 7. It works fine on XP and Vista. I can tell this because it writes a log file to the root of C:/. After it has run, I try to modify the log file and save it but I get an access denied error. The last lines of the script are... writelog "################ End Login Script ###################" Set objNetwork = Nothing Set objDrives = Nothing Set objComputer = Nothing Set objShell = Nothing Set objFileSystem = Nothing Set objLogF...

Outlook error on opening
I'm receiving the following msg when I open Outlook: 'C:\Documents&Settings|Application data\microsoft\addins\C:\progra~1\micros~2\office11\addins\outbak.dll" is not a valid Office Add-in. I can then click on OK and Outlook will open. I have attempted to locate this file to remove it, but search comes up empty. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Did you have the Outlook Personal Folders Backup utility installed at one time? If yes, just go to Tools->Options-.Other->Advanced and under Add-in Manager, uncheck this from the addins list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Monitoring UPDATE
Hello, I'm suspecting that a user in the network is using management studio or other tool to login with his name behind the scenes and updating a certain table , how can I monitor that event ? to know user login/machine/time/statement used ? PS. I can't use Profiler , is SQL Server itself have a log for that purpose that I can see it ? Thank you Bassam Forgot to say we are using SQL Server 2005 Standard "Bassam" <egbas@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ukbvh1eFLHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I'm suspecting th...

Please help Sync problem: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002
Since two weeks ago each time I try to sync my messages in Windows Live Mail with my Hotmail account I get the following error: Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (XXXXXXX) account. To send and receive messages in your Hotmail account, go to http://hotmail.live.com on the Web, or try again later. To get help from Windows Live Customer Support, go to http://support.live.com and click Windows Live Mail in the list of services. Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 ...

I am getting error messages.
I am getting these error messages, why? How do I fix them? How do I get rid of them? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'bartonconstruction@bellaliant.com'. Subject 'Your Quote', Accou...

can someone help with this error?
Error: "The form required to view this message can not be displayed. Contact your administrator" One of my users gets this error when trying to open an email that originated from a yahoo web based email account. In her outlook inbox the email contains an attatchment to each forwarded message. It is when clicking to open the forwarded message that the error occurs. Note that this same email opens fine on other computers using the same version of Outlook. The 'original' message is several 'forwarded' messages deep and contains pictures. When I look at it my title bar ...