Error Code 80070424 12-21-09

I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the
window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any ideas?

Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?

"Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the
> window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any
> ideas?
>
> Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?

For the benefit of those who gave up mind reading, what OS and service pack?
What AV are you running?  What spyware removal programs do you use?  Have
you run either recently?
You don't install "BitTorrent."  You install a client.  Which client did you
install?  Did your problems start after you installed this client?  Have you
tried System Restore to a point before you installed "BitTorrent"?

If I was able to answer all these questions for you, you could drop dead and
no one would miss you.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

Michael
12/21/2009 6:41:26 PM
Providing the edition of Windows installed along with it's Service Pack
level helps us to help *you*.

The 80070424 error usually occurs on 64 bit Vista systems because
TrustedInstaller.exe is either irreparably damaged or disabled.

MowGreen
===============
  *-343-*  FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"

Norm wrote:
> I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the
> window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?
0
MowGreen
12/21/2009 7:48:13 PM
Sorry folks,

I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit Torrent
6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client. I have
not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time but I
added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think it's the
problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase as well
without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be the
culprit here.

"MowGreen" wrote:

> Providing the edition of Windows installed along with it's Service Pack
> level helps us to help *you*.
>
> The 80070424 error usually occurs on 64 bit Vista systems because
> TrustedInstaller.exe is either irreparably damaged or disabled.
>
> MowGreen
> ===============
>   *-343-*  FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>
> banthecheck.com
> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
>

> Norm wrote:
> > I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the
> > window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any ideas?
> >
> > Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?
> .

Norm, where did you d/l Bit torrent?  Search Google for Malwarebytes.
Download the free version and do a full scan.  Also uninstall Bit Torrent
and do a search for utorrent.

--

> Sorry folks,
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit
> Torrent
> 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client. I
> have
> not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time but I
> added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think it's
> the
> problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase as well
> without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be the
> culprit here.
>
> "MowGreen" wrote:
>
>> Providing the edition of Windows installed along with it's Service Pack
>> level helps us to help *you*.
>>
>> The 80070424 error usually occurs on 64 bit Vista systems because
>> TrustedInstaller.exe is either irreparably damaged or disabled.
>>
>> MowGreen
>> ===============
>>   *-343-*  FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>
>> banthecheck.com
>> "Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
>>

>> Norm wrote:
>> > I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In
>> > the
>> > window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any
>> > ideas?
>> >
>> > Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?
>> .

0
Michael
12/22/2009 12:25:21 AM
80070424 - ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?

> ...The name of the client is Bit Torrent
> 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client.

If you're trying to download updates via Bit Torrent*, you're out in
la-la-land. See
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/downloads/filesharing.mspx &
http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/archive/2008/10/06/the-cost-of-free-software.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Norm wrote:
> I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit
> Torrent
> 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client. I
> have not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time
> but I added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think
> it's the problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase
> as well without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be
> the culprit here.
>
> BroMow wrote:
>> Providing the edition of Windows installed along with it's Service Pack
>> level helps us to help *you*.
>>
>> The 80070424 error usually occurs on 64 bit Vista systems because
>> TrustedInstaller.exe is either irreparably damaged or disabled.
>>
>> Norm wrote:
>>> I keep getting this Windows update error every time I boot my PC. In the
>>> window, it says Windows can't check for updates. Does anyone have any
>>> ideas?
>>>
>>> Recently I installed BitTorrent so could that be my problem?
>> .

0
PA
12/22/2009 1:43:29 AM
I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors that
will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry entries
left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to Dec
9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on Dec 11th
but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.

"Michael" wrote:

> Norm, where did you d/l Bit torrent?  Search Google for Malwarebytes.
> Download the free version and do a full scan.  Also uninstall Bit Torrent
> and do a search for utorrent.
>
> --
>

> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>

> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry folks,
> >
> > I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit
> > Torrent
> > 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client. I
> > have
> > not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time but I
> > added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think it's
> > the
> > problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase as well
> > without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be the
> > culprit here.
> >
> > "MowGreen" wrote:
> >
> >> Providing the edition of Windows installed along with it's Service Pack
> >> level helps us to help *you*.
> >>
> >> The 80070424 error usually occurs on 64 bit Vista systems because
> >> TrustedInstaller.exe is either irreparably damaged or disabled.
> >>
> >> MowGreen
> >> ===============
> >>   *-343-*  FDNY
> >> Never Forgotten
> >> ===============
> >>
> >> banthecheck.com

> >> .

> I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors that
> will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key.

Assuming you downloaded MBAM from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and
ONLY from http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php, that's the work of your
infector, not MBAM!

System Restore is NOT going to resolve this infection!

Windows.  A Repair Install will NOT help!

Microsoft PCSafety provides home users (only) with no-charge support in
dealing with malware infections such as viruses, spyware (including unwanted
software), and adware.
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552&st=1

Also available via...

Consumer Security Support home page

Otherwise...

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!  You may need to download the

2a. WinXP => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan (only!)
in Safe Mode with Networking, if need be:

2b. Vista or Win7=> Run this scan instead:
http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm

3. Now run a thorough check for hijackware, including posting requested logs
in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware:
• http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
• http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/tshoot.html
• http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm
• http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Removing_Malware

**Chances are you will need to seek expert assistance in
http://spywarehammer.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=10.0,
http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Norm wrote:
> I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors that
> will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
> uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry entries
> left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to
> Dec
> 9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on Dec
> 11th but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Norm, where did you d/l Bit torrent?  Search Google for Malwarebytes.
>> Download the free version and do a full scan.  Also uninstall Bit Torrent
>> and do a search for utorrent.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry folks,
>>>
>>> I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit
>>> Torrent
>>> 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client. I
>>> have
>>> not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time but
>>> added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think it's
>>> the
>>> problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase as well
>>> without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be the
>>> culprit here.

0
PA
12/22/2009 5:08:52 PM
I've never ever run across malwarebytes asking for a key??????
Did you download it from here?
http://www.malwarebytes.org/
--

> I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors that
> will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
> uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry entries
> left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to
> Dec
> 9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on Dec
> 11th
> but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.
>

> "Michael" wrote:
>
>> Norm, where did you d/l Bit torrent?  Search Google for Malwarebytes.
>> Download the free version and do a full scan.  Also uninstall Bit Torrent
>> and do a search for utorrent.
>>
>> --
>>

>> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
>> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."
>>

>> "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sorry folks,
>> >
>> > I am running Vista Home Premium (SP2)  The name of the client is Bit
>> > Torrent
>> > 6.3 and I didn't get this error prior to having installed this client.
>> > have
>> > not performed a sys restore yet. I run Spy Bot S&D from time to time
>> > but I
>> > added Spy Bot when I first purchased the PC in May so I don't think
>> > it's
>> > the
>> > problem. I removed Norton and added Avast on the day of purchase as
>> > well
>> > without problems so for all intense purposes, Bit Torrent could be the
>> > culprit here.

0
Michael
12/22/2009 5:18:40 PM
Ok Folks, here is the situation as complete as I can make it.  I never had a
firewall other then Windows Firewall. I always had an Anti-virus software
running (Avast) and the definition file is updated every day. I went to the
Malware site you displayed and downloaded the free version, ran a complete
scan of my system and repaired all entries identidied, I uninstalled Bit
Torrent and cleaned the residue files did a restore and the Error Code still
appears. So is my last resort to do a complete re-installation of Vista?

By the way I do appreaciate the help you've offered.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
>

> Norm wrote:
> > I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors that
> > will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
> > uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry entries
> > left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to
> > Dec
> > 9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on Dec
> > 11th but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.
> >

> > "Michael" wrote:
> >
> >> Norm, where did you d/l Bit torrent?  Search Google for Malwarebytes.
> >> Download the free version and do a full scan.  Also uninstall Bit Torrent
> >> and do a search for utorrent.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> "Don't pick a fight with an old man.
> >> If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

I think whatever you have may be embedded deep in your system.  Before you
wipe the drive, wait to see if anyone else can offer you further
information.  Also, boot into safe mode without networking and run a full
malwarebytes scan.

What do you mean by you did a restore?

--

> [...]
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Norm wrote:
>> > I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors
>> > that
>> > will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
>> > uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry
>> > entries
>> > left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to
>> > Dec
>> > 9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on
>> > Dec
>> > 11th but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.

0
Michael
12/23/2009 3:17:27 PM
What does "did a restore" mean?

If problems persist after running MBAM, see the rest of my previous reply
(quoted below).

Norm wrote:
> [...]
>> http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php,
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30 or other appropriate forums.**
>>
>> If these procedures look too complex - and there is no shame in admitting
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> Norm wrote:
>>> I downloaded malwarebytes and did a scan as you said. It shows errors
>>> that
>>> will not be removed or repaired unless I purchase the key. Last night I
>>> uninstalled BitTorrent and cleaned the residue files and registry
>>> entries
>>> left over from the install. Then I just completed a sys restore back to
>>> Dec
>>> 9th as the error message shows the last Windows update took place on Dec
>>> 11th but the arror message still appears. Not sure where to go now.

0
PA

"Error code 0x80004005" Event ID: 9662
Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. There is Groupshield and virus scan 8i on this server. I did not find any articles on this error. Can you direct me to a correct article. Thank you, Koz Sounds like your DC/GCs are not responding. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310896 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318067 Jeff Guillet, MCSE "koz" wrote: > Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another > event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. > >...

How to retrieve earlier saved copies of a document 11-22-09
I starting typing over most of an old document. When I went to save the new document, I hit "Save" rather that "Save as." Now I've lost my old document. Is there any way to get it back? In a document that you haven't closed, you can use Undo repeatedly until you get back the original version. If you have saved and closed the document, however, then there is nothing you can do. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C422C7A8-C9F8-480F-A5BD-627AB8BB609F@microsoft.com....

OLE Error
I design an OLE server, and in the excel spreadsheet, I have macro that create OLE object and and OLE object will updatie the data in spreadsheet. it works fine under Excel 97/2000 for long time, but now under Excel 2002/2003, sometimes I got "OLE error 800AC472". the problem happens when it took OLE server too long to update the data in spreadsheet, if it take less than one minute to update spreatsheet, everything is fine, but when it takes more than 2 minutes, it raises exception. it looks like EXCEL disconnects from the OLE server. but again, it works fine under Excel 2000. plea...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

PSTPRX32.DLL Error Message
Greetings: I received an email message the other day that had a virus on it. I am using Norton Antivirus 2003. It removed the virus from the email. However, if I try to delete the email, forward the email, open the email, or reply to the email, I get the following error message from Outlook: "Outlook has caused an error in PSTPRX32.DLL. Outlook will now close." I would appreciate any feedback in regards on how to permantently delete this email message and how to fix the error. Regards, David Baker Have you tried turning off the Preview Pane then deleting the mail ite...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

Fire content code from master page
Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code that resides in the content page code-behind? For example, I have an aspx page and a aspx.vb page and would like to run code in the aspx.vb page from the master page when clicking on a MenuItem in a menu control. Thanks. -- David On Feb 8, 5:28=A0pm, DavidC <dlch...@lifetimeinc.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have a Menu item that is in a master page fire code tha= t > resides in the content page code-behind? =A0For example, I have an aspx p= age > and a aspx.vb page and would like to run cod...

Searching Help gives error
Hello, I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue question mark but when I type in a search term I get "Server error in '/' Application", "service is not running". Seems like I know this but am stumped. Thank you for your help, Mark Hi Mark, Can you see if the "Indexing Service" is running on the server? Thanks! Manoj "Markw911" <Markw911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BFCB92-4841-4F4F-AF5A-7AAAF4F0892E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue ...

SQL Trusted Data Source Error
I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. After sucessfully installing GP, I launched GP and when the log in screen comes up it asks for a UserID and password (SQL Server). I enter the user SA and password then I get the following error” You’re attempting to log in from a data source using a trusted connection. Update the SQL Server settting for this data source to disable trusted connections and try logging in again." How do you disable this trusted connection? Or fix this so I can start GP? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Open the control panel, go to ad...

Deleting Business Units 07-12-05
I am new to CRM and trying to setup our organisation. I have created a Business Unit which I now do not want, so want to Delete it. According to the Help, I should be able to select the BU and select delete from the Action menu. But when I look at the Action menu the only options are Enable, Disable & Change Parent BU. There is no option to delete. I thought it might be that the Role assigned to my user didn't allow delete. I am set to the Administrator role. I looked at modifying the Administrator Role to allow Delete's on BU's but this didn't seem to be an option....

HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical)
HOT Reqs : Microsoft Business Solutions | 12+ Months | Chicago, IL (Functional and technical) ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Business Solutions (Microsoft Small Business Financials) Need one resource each for Functional and Technical roles. Location : Chicago, IL Duration : 12+ Months Funtional : This person will be responsible for the requirements gathering and setting up the system. Technical : This person will be responsible for installing and maintaining th...

Money error and then crashes
Hi This problem has just started today. In the Account List, there are 2 accounts highlighted in Red. If I click on one of them, then 'go back', nothing happens but if I click on the other, the Money crashes with the following error: "Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a quick repair but it didnt fix this. Please can you help me? Thanks in advance. "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:ODfQ4fVVKHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > This ...

Validate zip codes
Hello! I am trying to find a good formula that will validate zip codes, but isnumber(), len(), etc. are not working for me. Here are my testers: 00501 12h78 h1234 1234h 12345 It needs to allow only digits, including possible leading zeroes like the first example. It can't allow letters in any of the positions. If there is already a formula that validates 5 and 9 digit zip codes, that would be ideal, so that the user could put the zip in as "xxxxx" or "xxxxx-xxxx". Oh, and it can't be VBA. I appreciate the help! VR/ Lost This isn't very pretty but it s...

Case resolution errors
I am experiencing issues with remaining time on contracts not adding up correctly. The errors are being caused by how the time is rounded when resolving a case. As an example, if you resolve a case and enter 25 hours for the duration CRM will change the display to 1.04 days. The data is acually stored as 1498 minutes but it should be 1500 minutes. If I enter 25 hours the system should store the proper amount of minutes. I have reported this to Microsoft and they are considering a hotfix. Has anyone else seen this behaviour? If you use contracts with time allotments you are probably b...

CRM 3.0 Error 01-10-06
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

Error: "Unable to send the message ... 0x800CCC78"
No info in MS KnowledgeBase about this error message summarized in Subject Line in MS Outlook 2003 I am getting when trying to send an outbound e-mail message. Comcast.net does not know why I keep getting. I can receive inbound e-mail just fine. All e-mail account settings verified and re-verified. Any ideas? Thanks. John Hoffmann Does the outgoing SMTP server require authentication? If so you need to check the box in tools - email accounts - change/view - more settings - outgoing server Suzanne, Good idea but, unfortunately, we've tried that as well. JHH >-----Origina...

Keep getting HDD error 128,""
I keep getting a HDD error sporatically when I shut my computer off. I use BartPE (WinXPsp2) CD and run CHKDSK c: /f to correct the error and below is the output from that. I don'g lose anything but it is annoyning as it shows up as a BSOD on boot up, and I have to power down and power up again to get it into Windows. Once it boots up, it is fine. This is not just a hardware issue as I have two identical HDs that I swap out (use TI to image the drive) and it happens on both. I have even rebuilt the HDD from scratch (what a PITA) but it still happens. Anyone have any idea...

Save As error 918
I am getting error 918 when trying to save a Visio (2000) organisational flow chart as an Adobe illustrator file type (*.ai). The messgae reads 'An error (918) occurred during action Save As. The filter is unable to recognize the file.' Does any one have any ideas how tio overcome this? ...

worksheet code
Hi, Is it possible to add one more cell in the below work sheet code ("$A$10"). Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim iPos As Long On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Address = "$B$8" Then If Len(.Value) > 50 Then iPos = InStrRev(.Value, " ", 51) If iPos > 0 Then Offset(1, 0).Value = Right(.Value, Len(.Value) - iPos) Value = Left(.Value, iPos) End If End If End If End With ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub thanks and regards nowfal -- nowfal --------------------------------------...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

Error OFXIE 12029 when connecting to Schwab since ~7/5 on Money 2004
I've been getting "An Internet communication error occurred. Please try your call again later. (OFXIE 12029)" whenever I try to download from Schwab. I can get quotes just fine, though, I have: -Confirmed my firewall is allowing 100% access to Money 2004 -Checked the MSFT site; they acknowleged the problem on the network status site (http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp) until today; now nothing. Also the Knowledge Base article that discusses this error and has a troubleshooting guide is now gone. -Uninstalled the accounts on Money...now I'm trying to re...

trying to unravel an encrypted string that was encrypted in dotnet managed code.
I posted this yesterday in the security.crypto newsgroup but thought this might be more appropriate. if I were using WinCrypt.h, etc. how would the following have to change for the decryption portion. I will be encrypting in managed code and need to decrypt in a service component that is unmanaged C++. thank you. -Greg arguments passed into this would be an encrypted xml string and two byte arrays, one the key and one the inititialization vector. using System.Security.Cryptography; using System.IO; RC2CryptoServiceProvider rc2 = new RC2CryptoServiceProvider(); rc2.IV = iniitialization_ve...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

excel 2000 Program error
When try to work on excel sheet I get this error "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restrat the program. An error log is being created" Thx Seenu ...

Installation Error: CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2
I have been trying to install CRM Sales for Outlook v 1.2 on my computer with Window 2003 Server. I get the following error message. CRM Sales for Outlook already been installed on this computer The following points may be relevant: - I have tried to install it in the past and it has failed at some point during the process. - I have been able to install CRM Server 1.2 - I am the only user on this computer (Administrator). I cannot uninstall the program because it does not appear in the list of programs. I have no idea what to do. I appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks Chris I hav...