Error Code 0x802246008 Install Failure

I am using Windows I.E. 8. Version 8.0.6001.18702ic and Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600.

For the last few weeks I have been unable to download any Microsoft updates.
I have tried various remedies i.e. registering Wups 2.dll and running Bits
which showed Error 126. I now have 41 critical updates to download.

Can anyone please help.
--
andy

Recheck your error code.  It has 9 characters, but error codes cannot exceed
8.  It would also be useful if you identified in the body of the message the
error code and where in the install log the error happened.
Jim
"andy" <andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows I.E. 8. Version 8.0.6001.18702ic and Windows XP
>Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600.
>
> For the last few weeks I have been unable to download any Microsoft
> updates.
> I have tried various remedies i.e. registering Wups 2.dll and running Bits
> which showed Error 126. I now have 41 critical updates to download.
>
> Can anyone please help.
> --
> andy

0
Jim
2/28/2010 8:36:38 PM
BITS can be damaged by security software (Norton/McAfee/etc), by
malware, or due to hardware issues.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

Go to the above page and click the Fix it icon.
*Save* the Fix it, do *not* run it with IE8 open, please.
Next, clean boot XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353
If you feel up to it, use  Method 2. If not, follow the Guided Help.
Once the system has been booted to the clean state, run
MicrosoftFixit50202.msi by *right* clicking it and choosing
Install.
Restart the system after the Fixit finishes it's operation, leaving it
to clean boot once more.
See if the system can download and install the updates now.

If it can, UNdo the clean boot steps, restart to normal Windows mode,
and see if it can search for updates either on the WU|MU sites or by
clicking the Windows Update shortcut on the Start Menu.

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

andy wrote:
> I am using Windows I.E. 8. Version 8.0.6001.18702ic and Windows XP Professional
> Version 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600.
>
> For the last few weeks I have been unable to download any Microsoft updates.
> I have tried various remedies i.e. registering Wups 2.dll and running Bits
> which showed Error 126. I now have 41 critical updates to download.
>
> Can anyone please help.
0
MowGreen

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

cut & paste error
After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and error msg "can not empty the clipboard". When I access the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty. What's the cause of this error. If I close Excel I'm able to resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will return. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Hi Corey, If this is manually you can clear the clipboard at the upper right-hand icon below the clipboard titlebar on the clipboard popup. ] (View, Toolbars, Clipboard) If this has something to do with macros. You can clear the...

error message #19
I keep geting an error message outlook has caused an error in KERNEL 32 DLL and will close now. How do I correct this. It also happens in Picture it, Publsihing 2001. Help! ...

Outlook 2003/XP: How do I remove error windows each time prog star
Windows XP / Outlook 2003 Error Message #1: Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003 with CD icon "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003' disk and click OK. Use source: Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003" 1st got this message after CD was inserted to recover partial file STDP11N. Recovered STDP11N, however, still receiving pop up window with error message each time outlook opens. Had to reinstall Microsoft Office Small...

exchange 2003 message tracking error: Take the challenge
Hello.. to all..I am running exchange 2003 sp1 standard edition. I want to enable message tracking on my 2003 exhcanger server however when I select the check box to do so I am prompted to with the following error: access denied: facility: ldap provider id no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management I am also logged in as adminstrator with full right to all mailboxes Can anyone tell me why this is happening ??? I also gave full access to the log file/folder to try to eliminate this error but I had no success Are you doing this from an account which has been delegated rights to Exchange? ...

msiexec.exe application error
I forgot to register my office basic 2003 and it is now showing msiexe.exe application error. I cant reinstall my CD. How can I register it? -- xpnieve ...

Problem Installing Office Sounds
Group: When I try to install the Office Sounds for Office 2003, I get an dialog box that says: The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'sounds.msi' in the box below. I have done a search of my computer for the sounds.msi file and it doesn't exist. I have also searched for the same file on my Office 2003 CD but could not find it either. I called Microsoft support for Microsoft Office and they could not solve the problem. They told me that it w...

Money 98 from the Works installation CD
I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their is a compatibility issue. Anyone have a solution for this other than getting a newer version of Money? RobertV" <RobertV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9B0B30C-BDDC-4EBA-A974-CD80EBCD4B7A@microsoft.com... > I have upgraded to Windows 7, I backed up my Money 98 to my external HD. I > now cannot reload my Money 98 program from the Works CD as it states their > is > a compatibility issue. Anyo...

File Download Error
We recently had to do a database reattachment and subsequent new CRM 4.0 install for a customer who experienced a virus attack. Everything is stable and working but whenever we try to hit one of the Notes>>File attachment - we get a File Download Error and it won't find the link to the original document. We can't attach new files either. Anybody see this before? ...

VBA Code to Delete an Email After it is Processed by VBA
The following code is a hybrid from several internet sources. Mostly from this forum. I have an application that starts an email thread and assigns a Task ID like: TID(123) This is the Subject When an email is received with "TID(###)" somewhere in the subject, a native rule then copies it to a subfolder under the CurrentFolder called 'TID'. The following code works to copy the email in msg format to its associated network directory, but the email remains in the subfolders. What I am trying to accomplish is to automatically delete the email after it is pro...

Trouble installing Office 2007 Professional
Have a new Dell computer loaded with Windows 7. Tried installing Office 2007 Pro; went all night and hardly moved. Tried again with same results. Third time it would not even recognize CD. Downloaded a trial version from the Microsoft website, and tried to convert with the product key. Message said invalid product key. Just tried loading on my wife's ThinkPad with Windows XP Pro; loaded about half way, then got this message: Setup cannot find ProPlus, WW\ProPlsWW.cab Browse to a valid installation source, and then click ok. Did not know what to do, and ended up cance...

Outlook is not installed for this user Error message
Outlook had been working fine but now I keep getting this error message stating: "Outlook is not installed for this user". Reinstalling the program doesn't help. After searching through Google I discovered this is a common problem but haven't come across a solution yet. Any ideas out there? Thanks. Does the rest of Office work for you without error? Check your Application Event Viewer for further details about Office and/or Outlook. Please post back including your version of Office and type of mail account. Include any Event Viewer errors and their contents, spe...

Trend Installation on SBS 2008
I’ve have just build SBS 2008 for the first time, this went straight forward enough, but now I 've just installed Trend “Worry Free Business Security Advanced” and too my surprise it has just installed SQL 2005 Express Edition, why has it done this when I already have a full blown version of SQL installed. I’m sure I didn’t see anything asking me whether I wanted to use the existing SQL installation and I’ve double checked the installation manual and can’t find anything there. Could anyone shed any light on this ? -- Thanks Pat On Jan 7, 2:34=A0pm, Pat-B <P...@d...

Macro Error: Unable to get Var property
My macro appears to have trouble calculating variance (using th worksheet function) for a range of cells I have. The code I have is: Lead_Y = ((WorksheetFunction.count("A:A") - 1) WorksheetFunction.Var("A:A")) / WorksheetFunction.Var(Original_Y) Where Original_Y is defined as: Set Original_Y = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A3:A300") My error is: Run-time error '1004': Unable to get the Var property of the WorksheetFunction class Any ideas why I might be getting this message would be tremendousl appreciated. Thanks, -Pet -- Message poste...

Opening *.CSV Error: Not enough memory
Hi all, trying to open any *.csv file being bigger than 16 MB I'm getting the error message "Not enough memory." Im using win2000 SP3 and Excel 97 SR-2, my PC has got 1GB RAM. A colleague of mine, having half as much memory than I do, can open *.csv being bigger than 150 MB without any problem. PLEASE help. Many thanks in advance, Pierre Are you using a macro? MS has a workaround at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q134826& XL: "Out of Memory" Message Using the OpenText Method I don't have a guess if you're getting this ...

RPC Error 1726 for long run applications
Dear All, I’m developing software using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and having a problem with Remote Procedure Call (RPC). Since RPC is used as a tool to communicate between applications over networks as servers and clients, I have developed a real-time database server and also several client application programs. Both clients and servers communicate between each other through the RPC functions and services. At the beginning of a test period (around 17 days), all applications worked fine and performed their jobs very well but after that all client applications could not call some remote f...

email comes in code
Hi, My husband is using Outlook 2003 on Vista Home Premium 32-bit. He have recently formatted and reinstalled Outlook. Ever since around then he consistently receives an email from a particular source that is what looks like code and not readable text. It is only from that sender so far. We doubt that it is the senders fault in that it is a commercial entity with a huge email distribution list. So I think the problem is some setting in Outlook. Does this problem seem familiar to anyone? I also have requests in for help to our ISP, the email provider, the sender etc. Hope someone...

Source code analysis tool?
Hi, Can anyone recommend a good tool for analyzing VC++ source code? I am looking for a tool that shows the class hierarchy, program structure, etc. Thanks. Don Genitor has a package I tried once, and it seemed rather nice, but it had a few major problems: unless you are careful, it will become the default double-click responder to all ..cpp, .h, etc. files and it is nearly impossible to get this undone; it has a totally wedged idea of comments (for some reason it thinks the first comment has to be the module description, when it is Apparent To All Right-Thinking People that the first com...

Installing Business Contact manager for outlook 2003
Error message: Business contact manager for outlook 2003 requires file and print sharing to be enabled. Please enable this service and run setup again. How do I turn on file and print sharing ??? Is this done through Outlook? I Just reinstalled windows XP today! ...

HELP! Exch 5.5 Store.exe crashing with Dr Watson error after sending single message to 600+ external addresses
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on a WinNT40SP6a server. The Exchange data folders are all on the D: drive. The current hardware config is as follows - C: 1.75GB, 166MB available D: 40.5GB, 5.6GB available RAM 512 MB P2-Xeon 550 MHz One of our users sent an e-mail with over 600 non-local addresses in the TO: field. Shortly after she sent the message the information store crashed, and there was Dr Watson error dialog, showing a 0x00000005 error (which I believe is an Access Denied) Using WordPad to look at the edb log from immediately before the crash, I see the o...

Remove text "Discount code: **" from receipt??
Hello, I have a weird problem within a receipt. I got two registers, with different receipt.xml linked. Register 1 prints on the receipt the text "Discountcode: ***" when an item is sold with discount. Register 2 doesn't print this text, even if I use the same receipt format?? I can't get what the problem is? Hope somebody can help me. Greetings Raymond Bakker the Netherlands Are you using windows drivers on one of the printers? "Raymond Bakker" <raymond.bakker@rebus-it.nl> wrote in message news:1C61DF7A-1E93-4BD2-ABDF-46731BDC9B25@microsoft.com.....

ActiveSync from Palm device gets IIS 500 error on Exchange SP2
I just installed Exchange 2003 and SP2 and when I'm trying to connect using my palm treo650 I get an IIS 500 error. What can I do? besides cussing and swearing....try this Hit Daniel Petri site at http://www.petri.co.il/ and verify the installation is done right, and Google "activesync http 500 error". Your not alone. This is usually a permission issue on the virtual server for oma. I also recommend you post this in the activesync group. -- -------- Hope It Helps! dw _______________________________ Don Wilwol Distributed Application Technologies. dwilwol(DELETE)@datbusi...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

on click error
i had a button on a form. when clicked, the button runs code that retrieve the values of unbound textboxes on the form and saved the values in a table. the application runs fine on all pc except one. on this one pc, when the button on the form is clicked, it gives this error message: "the expression on click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: there was a problem accessing a property or method of the OLE object." the form consists of only 1 tab control, textboxes and combo boxes. what is the cause of the error message and how do i remove it? any ...

Run Time error '380'
When we try to view the sales journal from the management program in one of our stores we get a run time error 380- invalid property value. When we click ok to exit the screen we get bumped out of the Manager program. The journal info is being transmitted each day to HQ and can view it at HQ. But why are we getting bumped from the store manager? -- John G at the Tradewinds Shops John, What version are you running as I remember this being fixed last year sometime? Manager | Help | About. Last version for 1.2 was 1.2.0189, whereas 1.3.0209 is the most recent if on the Maintenance Pla...