Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on
and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV.  An update came around
(mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182).  Now for
some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com?  These two sites are the
only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason?  I have tried to
search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still didn't
work?  And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
computer?  Didn't have to do that before why now?  So if someone can get back
to me I would appreciate it thanks!

Yep me too turned off firewall and shutdown McAffe sw still not able to install

"Cumulative Security Update for Internet" wrote:

> Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on
> and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV.  An update came around
> (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182).  Now for
> some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com?  These two sites are the
> only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason?  I have tried to
> search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
> Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
> wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still didn't
> work?  And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
> problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
> computer?  Didn't have to do that before why now?  So if someone can get back
> to me I would appreciate it thanks!
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed (e.g., McAfee
Security Center) and is your subscription current?  What anti-spyware
applications (other than Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?
IE8?

it)?

=====================================

(and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700) in the United States and in
Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary.  There is no-charge
for support calls that are associated with security updates.  When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB980182).

LOOK! => If your problem relates to a Cumulative Security Update for IE
(e.g., KB980182), call the above number and ask to be transferred to the
Consumer IE7 queue (which is 47830).

Consumer Security Support home page & Microsoft Update Solution Center also
offer support options
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527#tab3

your usual support contacts.

Or you can...

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Cumulative Security Update for Internet wrote:
> Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting
> on
> and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV.  An update came around
> (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182).  Now
> for
> some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com?  These two sites are
> the
> only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason?  I have tried to
> search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
> Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
> wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still
> didn't
> work?  And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
> problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
> computer?  Didn't have to do that before why now?  So if someone can get
> back to me I would appreciate it thanks!

0
PA
3/31/2010 7:17:29 PM
MY update is now 'blocked startup programs'.why/how?

"Cumulative Security Update for Internet" wrote:

> Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on
> and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV.  An update came around
> (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative
> Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182).  Now for
> some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com?  These two sites are the
> only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason?  I have tried to
> search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and
> Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I know nothing was
> wrong and did the updates along with updateing my McAfee again still didn't
> work?  And then I tried going online to see if anyone else had the same
> problems found some sites but said to change MTU settings in my router and
> computer?  Didn't have to do that before why now?  So if someone can get back
> to me I would appreciate it thanks!

Switching between multiple open windows
I ran across an option to change how to switch between multiple open windows on my desktop. It was an option to choose between hovering over a window or clicking on it. Thinking that only having to hover over a window to switch to it would save time, I selecting the option to hover... big mistake as it just became a big pain in the a_ _ for me. Now I would like to change back to one-clicking to change between viewed windows but can't remember or find where the option is located. Any help will be appreciated. -- rushl On 2/03/10, rushl posted: > I ran across an opti...

Outlook pop up windows stops outgoing mail
In the last 3 weeks I continue to get a pop up window titled "Enter Network Password". There is a key icon and the request: "Please type your user name and password." It then list my Server: (entered) Password: (entered with asterisk showing) I continually enter my Outlook password with Bellsouth and click the box "Save this password in your password list" and click "OK". Everything then works alright and then the window pops up again in 5 minutes. It happens over and over again. Anybody have any ideas on how to eliminate this? I use XP Pr...

1099-MISC updates
Until this year, you have always provided the prior year 1099-MISC form updates as a seperate Hot Fix or seperate Download. This year, the 2006 1099-MISC form updates were included with the 2006 Year End Updates for Payroll. We do not use the payroll for Great Plains so downloading this update did not make sense for us. Also, the Payroll update required Service Pack 5 be installed, and we were on Service Pack 3. We have a great deal of custom Great Plains applications & there was no way I was going to update without having the time to test our custom applications just to get the...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Unable to open the outlook window.
I just downloaded Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 to my computer. When I try to open Outlook, the window opens for about 2 seconds and then closes automatically. I received an error message: "cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlok window. the server is not available. contact your system administrator if this problem persist." I'm have home based computer and don't have an administrator. Can anyone help? Did you create a profile with settings (email account, POP3 and SMPT server names, etc.) for Outlook to use? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Ti...

Dynamics CRM windows blocked by a pop-up blocker
Need some help resolving an issue. This morning opening records through Outlook CRM stopped working. When clicking on the item in Outlook, the following message would appear after a short delay: "A Microsoft Dynamics CRM window was unable to open, and may have been blocked by a pop-up blocker. Please add this Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to the list of the sites your pop-up blocker allows to open new windows:our server name" The following items have been done in an effort to resolve the problem: 1. Disabled IE pop-up blocker and checked computer for any other pop- up blockers...

Windows Media Player no picture 08-03-10
Vista windows Media Player 11 has sound and visualization but no picture on some AVI files. One file that does not respond is Fill Handle.exe. AVI which is a tutorial for Windows Office 2007. ...

Prove this internet pack
--twdgwubpju Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nalimiwehxadiqxg"; type="multipart/alternative" --nalimiwehxadiqxg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="pojzgerfqizpgy" --pojzgerfqizpgy Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Instal...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

SMTP Security #2
Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193922 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324059 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319356 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;836500 Austin Morgan wrote: > Does any know what is the Best Practice for Securing SMTP is? and More > importantly do you have the documentation to implement it? > > You could configure SMTP mail rel...

Windows Installer Configuration EVERY TIME!!!
Ok, so I am sure this sounds pretty familiar. Every time I open an office application, or an office document, I get a pop up of the windows installer and it starts running some mystery configuration process. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I have tried repairing the registry permissions. I have ripped all office traces out by force and done a clean install. I have rebuilt the registry, modified it, added some conditional entries, but to no avail. I have done it in the user account, and the built in administrator account. I have done both custom and full installs. ...

Validation #8
Hi hope you can help! I have a serial number which is made up of a three letter prefix and four numbers. The letters are area codes which there are only four variations, numbers are random. I have used a Left() and IF() function to validate the prefix but found a Right() function returns the digits as text. What I was working towards (probably in a long winded manor) was to have the cell return a numeric value which would show as an error if it contained any letters, ie there wasn't enough digits for the Right() function to return a purely numeric string. Am I on the right track? Is th...

Could not open any programs in win xp.
it said choose program to open it with. I fixed it but why did it start acting that way to start with tech1 wrote: > it said choose program to open it with. I fixed it but why did it > start acting that way to start with What? Are you asking why some file association of yours was changed on your system? If so - either you did it or allowed it to be changed. Another application was installed or malware was installed that made the change. Scan your system with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware (both freeware to download, install and use to cleanup) just to be s...

Macro for Internet Order Window
I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Internet order" button (because I am going to make a custom button for it). However, I cannot record the macro because as soon as I hit CTRL-SHIFT-F10, the order popup window pops up and I cannot end the macro by doing SHIFT-F3. If I close the window, then hit SHIFT-F3 to end the macro, the macro just opens and then closes the internet order window. Is there another way to do it? Thanks, mickie No ideas? No one has done this? Mickie wrote: > I want to create a macro to launch the CTL-SHIFT-F10 "Int...

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook. Any ideas ...

SBS 2003, XP vs. Win7, and Roaming Profiles
I have a client with SBS 2003 to which I am introducing Windows 7 clients on a gradual basis, to mix with their existing XP client base. The client's staff operate a hot-desking policy that is supported by roaming profiles, and I made it abundantly clear to management, in advance of this, about the importance of users sticking to either XP or Win7 workstations. Of course, while the cat's away the mice will play... ....with management away and a Win7 client user on vacation today, one (XP) user decided to make use of a Win7 workstation. Now, I can deal with the issue and will ...

Publisher 2003 file not updated on save
Hi, I have a client using Publisher 2003 under XP. The file she is working on, March.pub, is stored on a Windows 2003 server which she accesses via a mapped P: drive. Yesterday, she worked on a file most of the day and swears she did a Save very often. About 4pm, she saved, printed her work, exited from Publisher, logged off Windows, and went home. Today when she came in she opened the file, only to find that it was missing much of her work. I checked and in fact the latest version on the server is from about 1pm. I had no luck finding a temporary version on the XP machine's C: dr...

Money #8
no hay forma de conseguir el Money en Espa=F1ol ??? ...

Macro syntax to open file in current explorer folder
Pt 1 : MS Excel 97 SR-2 ----------------------- I would like to use a macro code line starting Workbooks.OpenText FileName:=".\AmsAll-1.prn", _ to open the tab delimited file "AmsAll-1.prn" in the folder from which I launch the Excel application. However the ".\" path qualifier always reverts to the C: drive, not the K: mapped drive that I access all my project files from. It is inconvenient to navigate several levels down to the project from C:\ just to run this one application. The following does work : Workbooks.OpenText FileName:="k:.\AmsAll-1...

Windows XP rdp 2008
Boa Tarde, Estou com problemas a imprimir em RDP 2008. Em alguns pc's o c�digo de barras aparece impresso com fontes tipo wingdigs, em outros d� erro de WPF no m�dulo de .net framework 2.0. Estas mesmas impress�es se forem tamb�m feitas em 2003 j� saem bem . J� aconteceu a algu�m ? Alguma sugest�o? O mais estranho ainda � que se as impress�es forem mandadas para impressoras instaladas localmente (no servidor) em vez das impressoras capturas pelo rdp este problema n�o aparece. CUmprimentos, Paulo Valentim ...

document title will not update
My question is in regard to the title of the document in the title bar. Normally, the current file name is found in the title bar; however, in the database I am using, the title bar shows the name of the document from the original version. I saved this database with a different filename (to reflect current year). So, the "Match Program 2005-2006" in the title should actually be "2007-2008". I have updated the title of the document in the document properties. The filename reflects the current year, but 2005-2006 is still showing in the title bar area. Any sugg...

Update This Record command button
I am working on a database (Assess 2002) which keeps a history of ownership for a homeowners association. Each homeowner owns a share in this corporation. The fields on the form are as follows: Space No., Certificate No., Date Issued, Membership Name, Current Member Listing (checkbox), Reason for Change in Ownership (list box), Maintenance Fee, Rent and Date Certificate Surrendered. I have an Update This Record (Add Record) command button. When a record is updated the new record already contains certain carryover information: Space No., Current Member Listing (check box is checked), Maintanan...

Upgrade 9 SP3 to 10 SP4
Ok so I installed 9 SP3, backed up, and then tried to install 10. Dynamics upgrades just fine, but then when it gets to the next screen where it updates the companies there are no companies to update. Since this is the case, my upgrade is stuck right here. I have a support incident in with Microsoft, but if I don't find an answer within an hour I'm going to be forced to roll them back so the customer can work the second half of the day. Anyone have any ideas? ...