80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10

3 security updates will not complete (now 4).  Error Code 80070490
02-Mar-10
I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date
6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), &
KB975517(release date 10/13/09).

The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010

I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X.
OS Name	Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
Version	6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
OS Manufacturer	Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer	Compaq-Presario
System Model	GV441AA-ABA SR5214X
System Type	X86-based PC
Processor	Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  E2140  @ 1.60GHz, 1600 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date	American Megatrends Inc. 5.18, 8/24/2007
SMBIOS Version	2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer	Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Time Zone	Central Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)	1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory	0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory	210 MB
Total Virtual Memory	2.24 GB
Available Virtual Memory	976 MB

IE 8 ver. 8.0.6001.1882

Things I have tried this far: I tried in safe mode, installing during a
restart and installing manually.  Upon looking at my update history, I have
12 other failed security updates.  I unistalled McAffee and installed Windos
security essentials, cleaned my computer with CCleaner, ran Spybot, and
defragged my computer.
Then I tried the Run: sfc. scannow and nothing came up.
I went directly to the link provided
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

There were several other updates that failed security updates:
KB950762
KB951066
KB951698
KB952069
KB953155
KB954155
KB958624
KB958644
KB958687
KB959426
KB960803
KB970238
KB974571
KB975517

I listed them in order thinking that maybe I should do the earliest one
first, one by one manually.  I can't download a single update.  Please help
if you can.

> ...I unistalled McAffee and installed Windos
> security essentials...

What's the name of the McAfee application that was installed and was your
subscription still current when you uninstalled it & then installed MSE?

Did you download/run the McAfee removal tool prior to installing MSE?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application /ever/ been installed on the
it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

tmac% wrote:
> 3 security updates will not complete (now 4).  Error Code 80070490
> 02-Mar-10
> I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date
> 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09),
> &
> KB975517(release date 10/13/09).
>
> The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010
>
> I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X.
> OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
> Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
<snip>
> IE 8 ver. 8.0.6001.1882
>
> Things I have tried this far: I tried in safe mode, installing during a
> restart and installing manually.  Upon looking at my update history, I
> have
> 12 other failed security updates.  I unistalled McAffee and installed
> Windos
> security essentials...

0
PA
3/4/2010 6:32:40 AM
It is a free McAfee supplied by my internet company Cox cable.  It is free
but I thought it was a full version, part of their Cox Security Suite.  It
was installed 10/28/2009 (saved and scanned the file before running it)
version 2 (3.15.0.0).
http://ww2.cox.com/residential/sandiego/internet/cox-security-suite.cox

It was slowing my computer down and it actually let in a trojan
(Win32/Obfuscator.CY) which was detected and removed by Microsoft Security
Essentials installed 2/26/10.  I uninstalled through the program and files
area in Vista control panel.

I then booted in safe mode with internet and did some more cleaning after
updating.  The Microsoft Security Essentials I first tried to update and it
would not.  The screen was red as well.  I tried to activate it but it would
not in safe mode.  Then I had a 3 day battle with spybot detecting
smitfraudfix and smitfraudfix detecting spybot.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > ...I unistalled McAffee and installed Windos
> > security essentials...
>
> What's the name of the McAfee application that was installed and was your
> subscription still current when you uninstalled it & then installed MSE?
>
> Did you download/run the McAfee removal tool prior to installing MSE?
>
> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application /ever/ been installed on the
> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> tmac% wrote:
> > 3 security updates will not complete (now 4).  Error Code 80070490
> > 02-Mar-10
> > I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date
> > 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09),
> > &
> > KB975517(release date 10/13/09).
> >
> > The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010
> >
> > I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X.
> > OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
> > Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
> <snip>
> > IE 8 ver. 8.0.6001.1882
> >
> > Things I have tried this far: I tried in safe mode, installing during a
> > restart and installing manually.  Upon looking at my update history, I
> > have
> > 12 other failed security updates.  I unistalled McAffee and installed
> > Windos
> > security essentials...
>
> .

McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or
upgrading) cleanly.  See if getting rid of the McAfee leftovers resolves the
problem:

1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Right-click on the file you saved in #1 above and select Run as
Administrator to run the utility. Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run
completes, then reboot.

Comment #1: You should have run the removal tool before you installed MSE.

Comment #2: I agree with your opinion of that McAfee Security Center
freebie.  It's a POS.

tmac% wrote:
> It is a free McAfee supplied by my internet company Cox cable.  It is free
> but I thought it was a full version, part of their Cox Security Suite.  It
> was installed 10/28/2009 (saved and scanned the file before running it)
> version 2 (3.15.0.0).
> http://ww2.cox.com/residential/sandiego/internet/cox-security-suite.cox
>
> It was slowing my computer down and it actually let in a trojan
> (Win32/Obfuscator.CY) which was detected and removed by Microsoft Security
> Essentials installed 2/26/10.  I uninstalled through the program and files
> area in Vista control panel.
>
> I then booted in safe mode with internet and did some more cleaning after
> updating.  The Microsoft Security Essentials I first tried to update and
> it
> would not.  The screen was red as well.  I tried to activate it but it
> would
> not in safe mode.  Then I had a 3 day battle with spybot detecting
> smitfraudfix and smitfraudfix detecting spybot.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>> ...I unistalled McAffee and installed Windos
>>> security essentials...
>>
>> What's the name of the McAfee application that was installed and was your
>> subscription still current when you uninstalled it & then installed MSE?
>>
>> Did you download/run the McAfee removal tool prior to installing MSE?
>>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application /ever/ been installed on the
>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> tmac% wrote:
>>> 3 security updates will not complete (now 4).  Error Code 80070490
>>> 02-Mar-10
>>> I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date
>>> 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date
>>> 10/13/09),
>>> &
>>> KB975517(release date 10/13/09).
>>>
>>> The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010
>>>
>>> I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X.
>>> OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
>>> Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
>> <snip>
>>> IE 8 ver. 8.0.6001.1882
>>>
>>> Things I have tried this far: I tried in safe mode, installing during a
>>> restart and installing manually.  Upon looking at my update history, I
>>> have
>>> 12 other failed security updates.  I unistalled McAffee and installed
>>> Windos
>>> security essentials...
>>
>> .

0
PA
3/4/2010 10:20:05 PM
I was able to download the 4 missing updates plus 3 others.  There are only
20 I could not install :). I'm wondering if there is a way to clean the list
so that my update history is easier to look through.  I sorted the updates by
title but I'm thinking the other 20 may be already installed.  Each time I
try to install them, it says that it does not apply to my system.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or
> upgrading) cleanly.  See if getting rid of the McAfee leftovers resolves the
> problem:
>
> 1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
> desktop:
> http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
>
> 2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).
>
> 3. Right-click on the file you saved in #1 above and select Run as
> Administrator to run the utility. Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run
> completes, then reboot.
>
> Comment #1: You should have run the removal tool before you installed MSE.
>
> Comment #2: I agree with your opinion of that McAfee Security Center
> freebie.  It's a POS.
>

> tmac% wrote:
> > It is a free McAfee supplied by my internet company Cox cable.  It is free
> > but I thought it was a full version, part of their Cox Security Suite.  It
> > was installed 10/28/2009 (saved and scanned the file before running it)
> > version 2 (3.15.0.0).
> > http://ww2.cox.com/residential/sandiego/internet/cox-security-suite.cox
> >
> > It was slowing my computer down and it actually let in a trojan
> > (Win32/Obfuscator.CY) which was detected and removed by Microsoft Security
> > Essentials installed 2/26/10.  I uninstalled through the program and files
> > area in Vista control panel.
> >
> > I then booted in safe mode with internet and did some more cleaning after
> > updating.  The Microsoft Security Essentials I first tried to update and
> > it
> > would not.  The screen was red as well.  I tried to activate it but it
> > would
> > not in safe mode.  Then I had a 3 day battle with spybot detecting
> > smitfraudfix and smitfraudfix detecting spybot.

> >> What's the name of the McAfee application that was installed and was your
> >> subscription still current when you uninstalled it & then installed MSE?
> >>
> >> Did you download/run the McAfee removal tool prior to installing MSE?
> >>
> >> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application /ever/ been installed on the
> >> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> >> bought
> >> it)?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

> >> <snip>

> >> .
>
> .

> There are only 20 I could not install...

20?  You only mentioned 4 in your first post.  Are they all security
updates?  What's the release date of the oldest security update and what's
its KB number?

Has KB978207 installed?

tmac% wrote:
> I was able to download the 4 missing updates plus 3 others.  There are
> only
> 20 I could not install :). I'm wondering if there is a way to clean the
> list
> so that my update history is easier to look through.  I sorted the updates
> by title but I'm thinking the other 20 may be already installed.  Each
> time
> I try to install them, it says that it does not apply to my system.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> McAfee (and Norton) applications are notorious for not uninstalling (or
>> upgrading) cleanly.  See if getting rid of the McAfee leftovers resolves
>> the problem:
>>
>> 1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
>> desktop:
>> http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
>>
>> 2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the
>> taskbar).
>>
>> 3. Right-click on the file you saved in #1 above and select Run as
>> Administrator to run the utility. Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run
>> completes, then reboot.
>>
>> Comment #1: You should have run the removal tool before you installed
>> MSE.
>>
>> Comment #2: I agree with your opinion of that McAfee Security Center
>> freebie.  It's a POS.
>>

>> tmac% wrote:
>>> It is a free McAfee supplied by my internet company Cox cable.  It is
>>> free
>>> but I thought it was a full version, part of their Cox Security Suite.
>>> It
>>> was installed 10/28/2009 (saved and scanned the file before running it)
>>> version 2 (3.15.0.0).
>>> http://ww2.cox.com/residential/sandiego/internet/cox-security-suite.cox
>>>
>>> It was slowing my computer down and it actually let in a trojan
>>> (Win32/Obfuscator.CY) which was detected and removed by Microsoft
>>> Security
>>> Essentials installed 2/26/10.  I uninstalled through the program and
>>> files
>>> area in Vista control panel.
>>>
>>> I then booted in safe mode with internet and did some more cleaning
>>> after
>>> updating.  The Microsoft Security Essentials I first tried to update and
>>> it
>>> would not.  The screen was red as well.  I tried to activate it but it
>>> would
>>> not in safe mode.  Then I had a 3 day battle with spybot detecting
>>> smitfraudfix and smitfraudfix detecting spybot.

0
PA
3/6/2010 7:22:50 AM
After seeing that there were other updates had failed, I went through this
list very carefully by sorting the list and clicking on each failed update.
Most were from the date 10/13/2009.  I went one by one, saving an update file
for each missing update to a folder on my desktop.  There have been so many
failed attempts, it was quite a long list.  It could be that they are
installed.  If I could put the update history list in excel, I'd be more
confident that I caught them all.  By sorting and manually writing down the
ones that failed, this is the remaining list.

KB973346
KB972260
KB972036
KB960803
KB959426
KB958687
KB958644
KB958624
KB956572
KB953155
KB952069
KB951698
KB951066
KB950762
KB950759
KB943055
KB941693
KB938464
KB933579
KB930621

When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.  Just because
I was curious, I tried reinstalling a couple of the successful updates and I
get the same message.

I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > There are only 20 I could not install...
>
> 20?  You only mentioned 4 in your first post.  Are they all security
> updates?  What's the release date of the oldest security update and what's
> its KB number?
>
> Has KB978207 installed?
>

> tmac% wrote:
> > I was able to download the 4 missing updates plus 3 others.  There are
> > only
> > 20 I could not install :). I'm wondering if there is a way to clean the
> > list
> > so that my update history is easier to look through.  I sorted the updates
> > by title but I'm thinking the other 20 may be already installed.  Each
> > time
> > I try to install them, it says that it does not apply to my system.

> When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.

Don't concern yourself with the list of updates that failed to install per
the Update History section at Windows Update website, at least for now.

Open Internet Explorer (only) to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select
CUSTOM and scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered (e.g.,
KB978207).

NB: Please do NOT install IE8 if it isn't already installed (just hide it
for now).

But if IE8 or IE7 is installed and a Root Certificates update is listed in
the Optional Software updates category on the left-hand side of the scan
results window, install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced security.

If there are any critical security updates you cannot install, please give
me their KB numbers.

> I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.

That does NOT bode well.

tmac% wrote:
> After seeing that there were other updates had failed, I went through this
> list very carefully by sorting the list and clicking on each failed
> update.
> Most were from the date 10/13/2009.  I went one by one, saving an update
> file for each missing update to a folder on my desktop.  There have been
> so
> many failed attempts, it was quite a long list.  It could be that they are
> installed.  If I could put the update history list in excel, I'd be more
> confident that I caught them all.  By sorting and manually writing down
> the
> ones that failed, this is the remaining list.
>
> KB973346
> KB972260
> KB972036
> KB960803
> KB959426
> KB958687
> KB958644
> KB958624
> KB956572
> KB953155
> KB952069
> KB951698
> KB951066
> KB950762
> KB950759
> KB943055
> KB941693
> KB938464
> KB933579
> KB930621
>
> When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.  Just
> because
> I was curious, I tried reinstalling a couple of the successful updates and
> get the same message.
>
> I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>> There are only 20 I could not install...
>>
>> 20?  You only mentioned 4 in your first post.  Are they all security
>> updates?  What's the release date of the oldest security update and
>> what's
>> its KB number?
>>
>> Has KB978207 installed?
>>

>> tmac% wrote:
>>> I was able to download the 4 missing updates plus 3 others.  There are
>>> only
>>> 20 I could not install :). I'm wondering if there is a way to clean the
>>> list
>>> so that my update history is easier to look through.  I sorted the
>>> updates
>>> by title but I'm thinking the other 20 may be already installed.  Each
>>> time
>>> I try to install them, it says that it does not apply to my system.

0
PA
3/6/2010 6:31:15 PM
I do not get that screen when I go there where I can search for critical or
custom updates.  It shows directions to go to my start button |all
programs|windows update.  I do not get the update screen like I ususally see
in xp.  I thought that was a Vista thing, do they look the same?   My
computer says all critical updates hae been made.  It seems to be functioning
fine but the updat list is inaccurate if so.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> > When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.
>
> Don't concern yourself with the list of updates that failed to install per
> the Update History section at Windows Update website, at least for now.
>
> Open Internet Explorer (only) to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com | Select
> CUSTOM and scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered (e.g.,
> KB978207).
>
> NB: Please do NOT install IE8 if it isn't already installed (just hide it
> for now).
>
> But if IE8 or IE7 is installed and a Root Certificates update is listed in
> the Optional Software updates category on the left-hand side of the scan
> results window, install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced security.
>
> If there are any critical security updates you cannot install, please give
> me their KB numbers.
>
> > I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.
>
> That does NOT bode well.
>

> tmac% wrote:
> > After seeing that there were other updates had failed, I went through this
> > list very carefully by sorting the list and clicking on each failed
> > update.
> > Most were from the date 10/13/2009.  I went one by one, saving an update
> > file for each missing update to a folder on my desktop.  There have been
> > so
> > many failed attempts, it was quite a long list.  It could be that they are
> > installed.  If I could put the update history list in excel, I'd be more
> > confident that I caught them all.  By sorting and manually writing down
> > the
> > ones that failed, this is the remaining list.
> >
> > KB973346
> > KB972260
> > KB972036
> > KB960803
> > KB959426
> > KB958687
> > KB958644
> > KB958624
> > KB956572
> > KB953155
> > KB952069
> > KB951698
> > KB951066
> > KB950762
> > KB950759
> > KB943055
> > KB941693
> > KB938464
> > KB933579
> > KB930621
> >
> > When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.  Just
> > because
> > I was curious, I tried reinstalling a couple of the successful updates and
> > get the same message.
> >
> > I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.

> >> 20?  You only mentioned 4 in your first post.  Are they all security
> >> updates?  What's the release date of the oldest security update and
> >> what's
> >> its KB number?
> >>
> >> Has KB978207 installed?

> .

Sorry, I should not have assumed you were running WinXP; then again, you
never stated your Windows version either.

As long as no updates are listed in 'Available updates' and none are found
when you click on 'Check for updates,' all is well.

tmac% wrote:
> I do not get that screen when I go there where I can search for critical
> or
> custom updates.  It shows directions to go to my start button |all
> programs|windows update.  I do not get the update screen like I ususally
> see
> in xp.  I thought that was a Vista thing, do they look the same?   My
> computer says all critical updates hae been made.  It seems to be
> functioning fine but the updat list is inaccurate if so.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>> When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.
>>
>> Don't concern yourself with the list of updates that failed to install
>> per
>> the Update History section at Windows Update website, at least for now.
>>
>> Open Internet Explorer (only) to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com |
>> Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered
>> (e.g., KB978207).
>>
>> NB: Please do NOT install IE8 if it isn't already installed (just hide it
>> for now).
>>
>> But if IE8 or IE7 is installed and a Root Certificates update is listed
>> in
>> the Optional Software updates category on the left-hand side of the scan
>> results window, install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced
>> security.
>>
>> If there are any critical security updates you cannot install, please
>> give
>> me their KB numbers.
>>
>>> I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.
>>
>> That does NOT bode well.
>>

>> tmac% wrote:
>>> After seeing that there were other updates had failed, I went through
>>> this
>>> list very carefully by sorting the list and clicking on each failed
>>> update.
>>> Most were from the date 10/13/2009.  I went one by one, saving an update
>>> file for each missing update to a folder on my desktop.  There have been
>>> so
>>> many failed attempts, it was quite a long list.  It could be that they
>>> are
>>> installed.  If I could put the update history list in excel, I'd be more
>>> confident that I caught them all.  By sorting and manually writing down
>>> the
>>> ones that failed, this is the remaining list.
>>>
>>> KB973346
>>> KB972260
>>> KB972036
>>> KB960803
>>> KB959426
>>> KB958687
>>> KB958644
>>> KB958624
>>> KB956572
>>> KB953155
>>> KB952069
>>> KB951698
>>> KB951066
>>> KB950762
>>> KB950759
>>> KB943055
>>> KB941693
>>> KB938464
>>> KB933579
>>> KB930621
>>>
>>> When I run the files, it says it does not apply to my system.  Just
>>> because
>>> I was curious, I tried reinstalling a couple of the successful updates
>>> and
>>> get the same message.
>>>
>>> I'm installin KB978207 right now.  It was not there.

>> .

0
PA
3/7/2010 9:33:44 PM
Then all is well.  Thanks for all the help!

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Sorry, I should not have assumed you were running WinXP; then again, you
> never stated your Windows version either.
>
> As long as no updates are listed in 'Available updates' and none are found
> when you click on 'Check for updates,' all is well.
>

> tmac% wrote:
> > I do not get that screen when I go there where I can search for critical
> > or
> > custom updates.  It shows directions to go to my start button |all
> > programs|windows update.  I do not get the update screen like I ususally
> > see
> > in xp.  I thought that was a Vista thing, do they look the same?   My
> > computer says all critical updates hae been made.  It seems to be
> > functioning fine but the updat list is inaccurate if so.

> >> Don't concern yourself with the list of updates that failed to install
> >> per
> >> the Update History section at Windows Update website, at least for now.
> >>
> >> Open Internet Explorer (only) to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com |
> >> Select CUSTOM and scan | Install any Critical Security Updates offered
> >> (e.g., KB978207).
> >>
> >> NB: Please do NOT install IE8 if it isn't already installed (just hide it
> >> for now).
> >>
> >> But if IE8 or IE7 is installed and a Root Certificates update is listed
> >> in
> >> the Optional Software updates category on the left-hand side of the scan
> >> results window, install it to take full advantage of IE's enhanced
> >> security.
> >>
> >> If there are any critical security updates you cannot install, please
> >> give
> >> me their KB numbers.

> >> That does NOT bode well.

> >> .
>
> .

"Error code 0x80004005" Event ID: 9662
Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. There is Groupshield and virus scan 8i on this server. I did not find any articles on this error. Can you direct me to a correct article. Thank you, Koz Sounds like your DC/GCs are not responding. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310896 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318067 Jeff Guillet, MCSE "koz" wrote: > Recently this error has occurred on the exchange server. There also another > event ID: 9661 about IMF raised to 5. > >...

Duplicates 03-02-10
In a query how can I check for duplicates in 3 different fields. The duplicates could be in field 1 and field 2, field 1 and field 3 or field 2 and field 3 or Field 1 and field 2 and field 3. I can find duplicates in any one field, but not in a combination of others. Thanks for your help in advance. Do you mean like this -- Cust Item Type QTY Cust1 Beans Pinto 5 Cust1 Beans Pinto 5 Cust1 Beans Pinto 5 or this -- Cust1 Beans Pinto 5 Cust1 Beans Lima 2 Cust1 Beans Kidney 3 If as in the first use this -- SELECT Cust, Item, Type, QTY, Count([Cust]) AS ...

#ERROR in Custom Field
I wrote a simple equation Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show "#ERROR" Does anyone have any suggestions or know what I did wrong? Hit the F9 key to recalculate. What type of field is the Additional Costs field? -Jack Dahlgren "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE0A8BFF-7179-4168-80EC-DE1881F8E284@microsoft.com... > I wrote a simple equation > > Additional Costs = ([Cost]) * 0.08 > > It was accepted into the equation but in the column it show...

Free / Busy Replication Error
We keep getting the error below in our Application Event Log. It has been happening since I made our Exchange 2003 Server native (previously there was an Exchange 5.5 server it was replicating with). All public folders are located on the new Exchange Server (MAIL01) and there are no other replication partners in the list. When making the Exchange setup native, I followed the steps recommended by Microsoft so think that all is in order as regards this. Any ideas / help would really be apprecaited! Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID:...

OLE Error
I design an OLE server, and in the excel spreadsheet, I have macro that create OLE object and and OLE object will updatie the data in spreadsheet. it works fine under Excel 97/2000 for long time, but now under Excel 2002/2003, sometimes I got "OLE error 800AC472". the problem happens when it took OLE server too long to update the data in spreadsheet, if it take less than one minute to update spreatsheet, everything is fine, but when it takes more than 2 minutes, it raises exception. it looks like EXCEL disconnects from the OLE server. but again, it works fine under Excel 2000. plea...

Unknown outgoing mail
I am running SBS 2003 and every 2 weeks I get reports showing how many emails each user has sent. I notice that the Administrator account has sent 436 emails in the last 2 weeks. As I am the only person who knows the Administrator password and I have not sent any emails using this account I know something is not right. I have looked in the queues and there is mail which is going to alsorts of funny addresses from the postmaster which I assume is the Administrator. So it would seem that my Exchange server or something is sending out Spam. I have McAfee Group Shield installed and McAfee ...

Searching Help gives error
Hello, I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue question mark but when I type in a search term I get "Server error in '/' Application", "service is not running". Seems like I know this but am stumped. Thank you for your help, Mark Hi Mark, Can you see if the "Indexing Service" is running on the server? Thanks! Manoj "Markw911" <Markw911@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BFCB92-4841-4F4F-AF5A-7AAAF4F0892E@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I can open the Help contents from the Menu bar or the blue ...

problem restoring to RSG using backup exec 10.1
I have been on and off the phone with Veritas for over 2 weeks now and they still cannot resolve this issue. I have a couple of good backups of our Exchange Information Store and have been trying to resotre just one mailstore to the RSG adn each time get an error message of "The job failed with the following error: Unable to restore some Microsoft Exchange components because one or more of the databases are currently mounted. Use the Exchange System Manager to dismount the databases, and then retry the job." It appears that backup exec is trying to restore the store to the...

CRM 3.0 Error 01-10-06
We upgraded CRM 1.2 to 3.0 a couple weeks back. Ever since we periodically see the following error pop up while inside of the Outlook Client: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavaiable. Try again later. if the problem persists, contact your system administrator." Also, when attempting to complete/cancel tasks in CRM, we receive the following error: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." The strange part here is, we receive this error, yet when we click Cancel on the...

Money error and then crashes
Hi This problem has just started today. In the Account List, there are 2 accounts highlighted in Red. If I click on one of them, then 'go back', nothing happens but if I click on the other, the Money crashes with the following error: "Microsoft Money Error Reporting has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried a quick repair but it didnt fix this. Please can you help me? Thanks in advance. "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message news:ODfQ4fVVKHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi > > This ...

Background Internet Update does not work
In Money 2004 as soon as I started Money, it launched the background updates - program, quotes, bank balances. In Money 2007 no matter what setting I have (using Passport and daily updates), it does not happen, I manually have to click "Update now". This is anything but automatic background download - am I missing something? Thanks for any advice, Zoli Hi. I too have the same problem in Money 2006. I always have to press "Update Now" to update my accounts. It would be great if someone knows a way to fix this for both 2006 and 2007! "Zoli" <zolist@gm...

SQL Server Update Problems KB970892
Hopefully this will help someone. I am running XP Home. I also could not install the download many times (now I don't know how to get rid of that yellow shield on the bottom of the screen) but anyway: I checked back to see if the SQL Server 5 had indeed completely installed - it didn't and when trying to finish the install I found out that my RAM memory had to be increased (AGAIN) before the install could be completed. So off to see the Geek Squad to see about getting this done. Getting a mgs. of low virtual memory once is what led me find out this information. > ...

Windows Mail Font color
Can you set a default font color for mail messages? I use Black background and silver fonts. But it takes color scheme from WIndows general color scheme set in right-click on empty desktop-->Appearance-->winwo color/apperanaces or somethign to that effect. It's not an answer, it's a comment. Wait for a real answer, and also post your question to WinMAIL Group. "Robert" <instructor@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CFC53D35-825C-4C5E-B5FA-E784A2AD8BC8@microsoft.com... > Can you set a default font color for mail messages? If you don'...

windows media player extension
As I browse some websites they request that I download the windows media player extension. This is puzzling since my version of windows 7 has windows media player 12. Perhaps what is being referred to is an addon for IE 8, eh. If so, then couild someone forward me a link so that I can download the proper addon directly from the microsoft website please. Hi tang, Do you know which web sites? We can check if the sites are detecting your latest version of WMP correctly. It may just be incorrect programming at these sites. Regards. "tangbeili" <tangbei...

Save As error 918
I am getting error 918 when trying to save a Visio (2000) organisational flow chart as an Adobe illustrator file type (*.ai). The messgae reads 'An error (918) occurred during action Save As. The filter is unable to recognize the file.' Does any one have any ideas how tio overcome this? ...

Top 10 numbers

Error OFXIE 12029 when connecting to Schwab since ~7/5 on Money 2004
I've been getting "An Internet communication error occurred. Please try your call again later. (OFXIE 12029)" whenever I try to download from Schwab. I can get quotes just fine, though, I have: -Confirmed my firewall is allowing 100% access to Money 2004 -Checked the MSFT site; they acknowleged the problem on the network status site (http://moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.asp) until today; now nothing. Also the Knowledge Base article that discusses this error and has a troubleshooting guide is now gone. -Uninstalled the accounts on Money...now I'm trying to re...

OMA and Windows Sharepoint Team Services
Hello, May be it would be usefull for someone. I've found a solution for one of "OMA blank page" problems. I have Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 and Windows Sharepoint Team Services installed. I can use OWA fine but when I go to the OMA address I get prompted for my login, and then I get a blank page. I've found an event: 1503: --------------------------------------------- An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: File or assembly name System.Web, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Source: mscorlib Stack trace: at System.Ty...

3075 Error Trying to search for key word in a comments field.
OK so here is where I am and what I am trying to do next. Where I am. I have my Visual Basic code tied into the OK command button. I have a Form to search through my data and only put the requested information in a query. So far I have all of this working fine. I have the code clear the query each time it is used and repopulate the querry with the new choices.(The Where From etc...) The Problem with what I am trying to do next. It has been decided that there needs to be a comments column. They then what the option to search for a key word in the column to define the results. The...

excel 2000 Program error
When try to work on excel sheet I get this error "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. you will need to restrat the program. An error log is being created" Thx Seenu ...

WLM Windows 7
I have just started using WLM and Calender in Windows 7. However, it keep getting the following message " "Something unexpected has happened and Windows Live mMail has had to close down". My imported contacts also disappeared (now reimported) and it seems to happen when I have Calender open (but I'm not sure that it always happens when it is open). I have looked for fixes and tried the following: On AVG I removed the email scanning option. (Failed to work) I have uninstalled AVG and replaced it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Failed to work) In tools...

Update Query Problem 10-01-07
All - I've been racking my brain with no avail on something that should be an easy task... I have two temporary tables that I'm using to come up with a single set of variables. The first one (tmptblItemsOKToBill) is the result of a query. The second (tmptblInvoiceTable) is a table that summarizes the data from the first as well as pull some data from another table. The problem I'm having is that there are multiple items in the first table that need to be calculated and placed in the second table. First Table (tmptblItemsOKToBill) Project ActualUnits ActualUnit...

Updating one spreadsheet from another
I have a spreadsheet with 4 worksheets. The first worksheet is my master. It contains a Part # column, Description, and 3 price columns and 1 cost column. This information is linked to the other worksheets. These worksheets are formatted certain ways for appearance for customers. I'd like to update the first master worksheet with a new price/cost updated file. I could key these new prices in but if there was a way to update this information it would be a time save. There are probably over 200 items to update and each item has 4 price/cost fields to update -- nander --------------------...

Windows Explorer has to close
I'm running Win XP Pro SP3 on an old Dell Optiplex. Sometimes I put my computer into "Standby" or "Hibernate" when I'll be away from it during part of the day. Recently, bringing the computer out of "Standby" or "Hibernate" results in a notice that Windows Explorer has encounter a problem and has to close. This happens even when Windows Explorer had not been in use. When I press the "close" button on the notice , the computer freezes, and I can only reboot using the power button. I'd be grateful for suggestion as to ...

AWStats config errors for logging Exchange 2003
Using the AWStats FAQ on sf.net, I setup a awstats.mail.conf file to pull the message tracking logs from an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. Here is the log format taht http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_faq.html#MAIL specified: LogFormat="%time2 %email %email_r %host %host_r %method %url %code %bytesd" and Log Seperator of: LogSeparator=" " However, when running, it tells me 1/2 are dropped and 1/2 are corrupted. I've never tried awstats with exchange, so not sure if the log format line was designed for a eariler version of exchange. Below is perl output, and ...