0x8024D077 error code

We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the Windows
Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded all 3 service
packs from Microsoft download site.

Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest
Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the Windows
Update Files:
REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S

But it didn't do anything.

When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for the status.

If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated
--
-mz

marrzehr wrote:
> We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it,
> the Windows Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I
> downloaded all 3 service packs from Microsoft download site.
>
> Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the
> latest Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried
> registering the Windows Update Files:
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
>
> But it didn't do anything.
>
> When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for
> the status.
>
> If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated

It will take a while (a few hours of time - not exclusive for you, but time
none-the-less), but this should cleanup your machine and get your updates
working properly...

Fix your file/registry permissions...

Ignore the title and follow the sub-section under
"Advanced Troubleshooting" titled,
"Method 1: Reset the registry and the file permissions"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377
*will take time
** Ignore the last step (6) - you should already have SP3, but if not,
   now is not the time.

You will likely see errors pass by if you watching, even count up.  No
worries *at this time*.

*After* that is done, continue on to the next part where you clean off
some excess (unnecessary) files.  It only removes those you definitely
do not need, if you follow the directions *as given* and do not deviate.
So reboot (for each of these steps, it is just best to reboot right
before - but I will continue to point that out) and logon as an user with
administrative priviledges.

Download/install the "Windows Installer CleanUp Utility":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

After installing, do the following:

Start button --> RUN
 (no "RUN"?  Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
 --> type in:
  "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Installer Clean Up\msizap.exe" g!
--> Click OK.
(The quotation marks and percentage signs and spacing should be exact.)

It will flash by *quick*, don't expect much out of this step to get
excited about.  But the cleaner your machine is to start with, the
better your luck will be later (not really luck - more like preparedness,
but that's not as fun to think about, eh?)

Yeah - you will get tired of rebooting - but let's soldier on and reboot
again and logon as an user with administrative priviledges.

This time (and this is one of the more time-consuming steps) you will be
running (one at a time with reboots in-between each) three different
anti-spyware/anti-malware applications to ensure you come up clean.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the following
(freeware version):

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Download and run the MSRT manually:

You may find nothing, you may find only cookies, you may think it is a
waste of time - but if you do all this and report back here with what you
do/don't find as you are doing all of it - you are adding more pieces to
the puzzle and the entire picture just may become clearer and your
problem resolved.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

.... and save it to the root of your C:\ drive.  After saving it to the
root of the C:\ drive, do the following:

Start button --> RUN and type in:
--> Click OK.

Reboot and logon as administrative user.

Visit this web page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058

.... and click on the "Microsoft Fix it" icon.  When asked, select "RUN",
both times.  Check the "I agree" box and click on "Next".  Check the box
for "Run aggressive options (not recommended)" and click "Next".  Let
it finish up and follow the prompts until it is done.  Close/exit and
reboot when it is.

You should now perform a full CHKDSK on your system drive (C:)...

 How to scan your disks for errors
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265
 * will take time and a reboot

You should now perform a full Defragment on your system drive (C:)...

 How to Defragment your hard drives
 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314848
 * will take time

Reboot.

Uninstall any and all third-party firewall applications (ZoneAlarm, etc)
and utilize the built-in WIndows Firewall only.

Reboot.

Log on as an user with administrative rights and open Internet Explorer
and visit http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ and select to do a
CUSTOM scan...

Every time you are about to click on something while at these web pages -
first press and hold down the CTRL key while you click on it.  You can
release the CTRL key after clicking each time.

(deselect any others) and install it.

Reboot again.

time.  Rebooting as needed.

against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
"Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to
install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.

Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given.  If
you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.

Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if
you have more issues.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
1/8/2010 8:25:07 PM
Sorry, I got one number wrong on that error code. The actual code is
0x8024D007.
--
-mz

"marrzehr" wrote:

> We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the Windows
> Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded all 3 service
> packs from Microsoft download site.
>
> Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest
> Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the Windows
> Update Files:
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
>
> But it didn't do anything.
>
> When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for the status.
>
> If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated
> --
> -mz
Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
sites to install updates: "0x8024D007"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956701

When was this computer purchased and how long have you been using it?

Was it a brand-new computer when you (or your family) purchased it or was it
a used computer?

Has anyone ever reinstalled Windows on this computer?

What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed SP1, SP2, and/or SP3?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

marrzehr wrote:
> Sorry, I got one number wrong on that error code. The actual code is
> 0x8024D007.
>
>> We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the
>> Windows Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded
>> all 3 service packs from Microsoft download site.
>>
>> Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest
>> Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the
>> Windows Update Files:
>> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
>> REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
>>
>> But it didn't do anything.
>>
>> When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for the
>> status.
>>
>> If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated

0
PA
1/8/2010 10:15:48 PM
The computer was purchased brand new from Dell in December 2004. I have benn
using it for the last 2-3 years. I don't think that Windows was ever
reinstalled. We currently have AVG Anti-virus installed and yes, the
subscription is current. However, when I downloaded the service packs, we had
Norton Internet Security. I think that there was a trial version of McAfee
installed on here at one time.

I also noticed on the Dell invoice that the OS included Service Pack 2 when
it was purchased. But when I started using it there was no service packs on
at all.
--
-mz

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web
> sites to install updates: "0x8024D007"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956701
>
> When was this computer purchased and how long have you been using it?
>
> Was it a brand-new computer when you (or your family) purchased it or was it
> a used computer?
>
> Has anyone ever reinstalled Windows on this computer?

> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
> What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
> in the background when you installed SP1, SP2, and/or SP3?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> www.banthecheck.com
>

> marrzehr wrote:
> > Sorry, I got one number wrong on that error code. The actual code is
> > 0x8024D007.
> >
> >> We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the
> >> Windows Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded
> >> all 3 service packs from Microsoft download site.
> >>
> >> Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest
> >> Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the
> >> Windows Update Files:
> >> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
> >> REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
> >>
> >> But it didn't do anything.
> >>
> >> When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for the
> >> status.
> >>
> >> If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated
>
> .

I can't update windows I have the worm:win32/conflicker.B been on it for 12
hours, Should I give up and reformat hard disc?
"marrzehr" wrote:

> We have XP SP3 on our computer. Ever since I have been using it, the Windows
> Update never worked. I don't think it ever worked. I downloaded all 3 service
> packs from Microsoft download site.
>
> Whenever I visit the windows update site or try to install the latest
> Windows update agent, I get this error code. I tried registering the Windows
> Update Files:
> REGSVR32 WUPS2.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUPS.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAUENG.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUAPI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUCLTUI.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 WUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 MUWEB.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGR.DLL /S
> REGSVR32 QMGRPRXY.DLL /S
>
> But it didn't do anything.
>
> When I go to services/ automatic updates, it says 'starting' for the status.
>
> If you have any advice for me, it will be greatly appreciated
> --
> -mz
Yes, please.

Kidkel69 wrote:
> I can't update windows I have the worm:win32/conflicker.B been on it for
> 12
> hours, Should I give up and reformat hard disc?
<snip hijacked thread>

0
PA
1/9/2010 5:57:33 PM
1a. Download the Norton Removal Tool, saving it to your desktop:
ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

1b. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1a above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

4. Repeat Step #2 then double-click on the file you saved in #1b above to
run the utility. Don't TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then
reboot.

5. Uninstall AVG & reboot, then do a fresh install of AVG: This time select
the CUSTOM install option and do NOT install (i.e., uncheck) Linkscanner,
Search-Shield, Active Surf-Shield, Security toolbar, or any of the email
scanning components.

6. Manually & repeatedly update AVG until you get a "no more updates"
prompt.

7. Test.

marrzehr wrote:
> The computer was purchased brand new from Dell in December 2004. I have
> benn
> using it for the last 2-3 years. I don't think that Windows was ever
> reinstalled. We currently have AVG Anti-virus installed and yes, the
> subscription is current. However, when I downloaded the service packs, we
> had Norton Internet Security. I think that there was a trial version of
> McAfee installed on here at one time.
>
> I also noticed on the Dell invoice that the OS included Service Pack 2
> when
> it was purchased. But when I started using it there was no service packs
> on
> at all.
>
>> Error message when you try to use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update
>> Web sites to install updates: "0x8024D007"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956701
>>
>> When was this computer purchased and how long have you been using it?
>>
>> Was it a brand-new computer when you (or your family) purchased it or was
>> it a used computer?
>>
>> Has anyone ever reinstalled Windows on this computer?

>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed SP1, SP2,
>> and/or
>> SP3?

>> bought
>> it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> www.banthecheck.com
>>

>> marrzehr wrote:
>>> Sorry, I got one number wrong on that error code. The actual code is
>>> 0x8024D007.

>> .

0
PA
1/9/2010 6:05:00 PM
I did everything you instructed me to until I got to installing the Windows
Update Agent which failed with the same error code as before: 0x8024D007.

The Super Antispyware scan found (and removed) tracking cookies which I
understand are harmless and a file named C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SRLTKEY.DLL. The
Malwarebytes scan found  (and removed) two Disabled. Security Center and put
them under the Registry Data category.

Hopefully you will be able to tell me what I should do next,

--
-mz

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> [...]
> time.  Rebooting as needed.
>
> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
> "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
> Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to
> install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.
>
> Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
> step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
> until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given.  If
> you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
> through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
> and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.
>
> Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if

Agreed.

> Yes, please.
>
> Kidkel69 wrote:
>> I can't update windows I have the worm:win32/conflicker.B been on it for
>> 12
>> hours, Should I give up and reformat hard disc?
> <snip hijacked thread>

0
TaurArian
1/10/2010 1:52:19 AM
marrzehr wrote:
> I did everything you instructed me to until I got to installing the
> Windows Update Agent which failed with the same error code as
> before: 0x8024D007.
>
> The Super Antispyware scan found (and removed) tracking cookies
> which I understand are harmless and a file named
> C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SRLTKEY.DLL. The Malwarebytes scan found  (and
> removed) two Disabled. Security Center and put them under the
> Registry Data category.
>
> Hopefully you will be able to tell me what I should do next,

For the Windows Update Agent - you followed the instructions - which is to
install using the WUFORCE command line switch, correct?

If so and it failed - continue the instructions anyway, like it did not
fail, but report back all other erros.

Is this system joined to a domain?  Is it yours or someone you work for or
did work for?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
1/10/2010 2:19:36 AM
I did all you instructed me to until I got to installing the Windows Update
Agent which failed with the same error code as before. I hope you can tell me
what I should try next.

The Super Antispyware scan found (and removed) tracking cookies which I
understand are harmless and a rogue file named C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SRLTKEY.DLL

The Malwarebytes scan found (and removed) two Disabled. Security Center
files which were under the category Registry Data.
--
-mz

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> [...]
> time.  Rebooting as needed.
>
> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
> "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
> Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to
> install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.
>
> Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
> step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
> until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given.  If
> you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
> through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
> and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.
>
> Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if

Back-up any personal data (none of which should be considered 100%
trustworthy at this point) then do a format & clean install of Windows.
Please note that a Repair Install (AKA in-place upgrade) will NOT fix this!

HOW TO do a clean install of WinXP: See
http://michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html#steps and/or Method 1 in
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978307

After the clean install, you'll have the equivalent of a "new computer" so
take care of everything on the following page before otherwise connecting
the machine to the internet or a network and before using a USB key that
isn't brand-new or hasn't been freshly formatted:

     4 steps to help protect your new computer before you go online
     http://www.microsoft.com/security/pypc.aspx

Other helpful references include:

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP Gold (no Service Packs) fully patched
(after a clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

HOW TO get a computer running WinXP SP1(a) or SP2 fully patched (after a
clean install)
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general/msg/a066ae41add7dd2b

Tip: After getting the computer fully-patched, download/install KB971029
manually: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971029

NB: Any Norton or McAfee free-trial that came preinstalled on the computer
when you bought it will be reinstalled (but invalid) when Windows is
reinstalled. You MUST uninstall the free-trial and download/run the
appropriate removal tool before installing any updates, Windows Service
Packs or IE upgrades and before installing your new anti-virus application
(which will require WinXP SP3 to be installed).

     Norton Removal Tool
     ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

     McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool
     http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Also see:

Steps To Help Prevent Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/security/spyware/prevent.aspx

Steps to Help Prevent Computer Worms
http://www.microsoft.com/security/worms/prevent.aspx

Avoid Rogue Security Software!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/antivirus/rogue.aspx
--
~PA Bear
www.banthecheck.com

marrzehr wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> The Optional Software updates are generally safe - although I recommend
>> against the "Windows Search" one and any of the "Office Live" ones or
>> "Windows Live" ones for now.  I would completely avoid the
>> Optional Hardware updates.  Also - I do not see any urgent need to
>> install Internet Explorer 8 at this time.
>>
>> Seriously - do all that.  This is like antibiotics - don't skip a single
>> step, don't quit because you think things will be okay now - go through
>> until the end, until you have done everything given in the order given.
>> If
>> you have a problem with a step come ask and let someone here get you
>> through that step.  If you don't understand how to do a step, come back
>> and ask here about that step and let someone walk you through it.
>>
>> Then - when done - let everyone here know if it worked for you - or if

0
PA
1/11/2010 5:34:29 PM
marrzehr wrote:
> I did all you instructed me to until I got to installing the
> Windows Update Agent which failed with the same error code as
> before. I hope you can tell me what I should try next.
>
> The Super Antispyware scan found (and removed) tracking cookies
> which I understand are harmless and a rogue file named
> C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\SRLTKEY.DLL
>
> The Malwarebytes scan found (and removed) two Disabled. Security
> Center files which were under the category Registry Data.

I replied to your previous reply, but I'll reply to this one too..

For the Windows Update Agent - you followed the instructions - which is to
install using the WUFORCE command line switch, correct?

If so and it failed - continue the instructions anyway, like it did not
fail, but report back all other erros.

Is this system joined to a domain?  Is it yours or someone you work for or
did work for?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
--
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
1/11/2010 5:41:49 PM
Yes I installed the Windows Update Agent exactly as you told me to.

Other errors:

When I tried to reset Windows Update components using "Microsoft Fix it" as
you told me to, it could not finish because of the following error: Service
'Automatic Updates' (WUASERV) could not be stopped. Verify that you have
sufficient privileges to stop system services.

The CHKDSK was stopped by this error: Windows was unable to complete the
disk check.

When I did the Defragment, it said that it could not defragment all files.
But there were no files listed on the report as "files that could not be
defragmented".

The http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ site still fails with the same error
code while installing update software.

Another I noticed that while shutting down Windows would try to end this
program for a while (ciceroUIWNdframe) which would not respond for a short
while and then it would disappear.

This computer is at work, and I am not the only user. It is not joined to a
domain.
--
-mz

marrzehr wrote:
> Yes I installed the Windows Update Agent exactly as you told me to.
>
> Other errors:
>
> When I tried to reset Windows Update components using "Microsoft
> Fix it" as you told me to, it could not finish because of the
> following error: Service 'Automatic Updates' (WUASERV) could not be
> stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system
> services.
>
> The CHKDSK was stopped by this error: Windows was unable to
> complete the disk check.
>
> When I did the Defragment, it said that it could not defragment all
> files. But there were no files listed on the report as "files that
> could not be defragmented".
>
> The http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ site still fails with the
> same error code while installing update software.
>
> Another I noticed that while shutting down Windows would try to end
> this program for a while (ciceroUIWNdframe) which would not respond
> for a short while and then it would disappear.
>
> This computer is at work, and I am not the only user. It is not
> joined to a domain.

It *is* at work?
Do you have administrative rights?  (That is also part of the instructions.
;-) )

It sounds like you do not have administrative rights - maybe power user.

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
1/14/2010 3:22:47 AM
Yes I can log in as administrator.
--
-mz

marrzehr wrote:
> Yes I can log in as administrator.

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
  cmd /k net localgroup administrators
--> Click OK.

Is your username listed there?  Is that the user you are using for the
instructions?  What does your IT support tell you?  Have they limited what
you can/cannot do?

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Shenan
1/14/2010 2:52:45 PM
Yes, my username is listed there. It is the user I was using when did your
instructions. This is the only computer here at our business (small store).
We have no IT support hired, and I have full control of the system.
--
-mz

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> marrzehr wrote:
> > Yes I installed the Windows Update Agent exactly as you told me to.
> >
> > Other errors:
> >
> > When I tried to reset Windows Update components using "Microsoft
> > Fix it" as you told me to, it could not finish because of the
> > following error: Service 'Automatic Updates' (WUASERV) could not be
> > stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system
> > services.
> >
> > The CHKDSK was stopped by this error: Windows was unable to
> > complete the disk check.
> >
> > When I did the Defragment, it said that it could not defragment all
> > files. But there were no files listed on the report as "files that
> > could not be defragmented".
> >
> > The http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ site still fails with the
> > same error code while installing update software.
> >
> > Another I noticed that while shutting down Windows would try to end
> > this program for a while (ciceroUIWNdframe) which would not respond
> > for a short while and then it would disappear.
> >
> > This computer is at work, and I am not the only user. It is not
> > joined to a domain.
>
> Shenan Stanley wrote:
> > It *is* at work?
> > Do you have administrative rights?  (That is also part of the
> > instructions. ;-) )
> >
> > It sounds like you do not have administrative rights - maybe power
> > user.
>
> marrzehr wrote:
> > Yes I can log in as administrator.
>
> Start button --> RUN --> type in:
>   cmd /k net localgroup administrators
> --> Click OK.
>
> Is your username listed there?  Is that the user you are using for the
> instructions?  What does your IT support tell you?  Have they limited what
> you can/cannot do?
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
>      MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
>

> .

que tal, primero que nada hola! n_n, yo tuve el mismo problema y
desarrolle una soluci=F3n, la cual anuncie en mi blog te dejo la liga.
espero y te sea de ayuda, saludos! :)

http://algodecodigo.blogspot.com/2010/01/solucion-para-error-0x8024d007-gen=
erado.html

PD: Viva gnu/linux! ;)
0
jimmy
1/14/2010 11:18:19 PM
que tal, primero que nada hola! n_n, yo tuve el mismo problema y desarrolle una solución, la cual anuncie en mi blog te dejo la liga. espero y te sea de ayuda, saludos! :)