0x643 Microsoft. NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

 My unit went bonkers earlier this year, and a had to reformat it through
DELL. We were able to get most of the Windows updates installed, but this one
keeps showing up, and it won't install. Some of my other programs don't seem
to want to work right at this time either. Does this update have anything to
do with that? Or will I have to have a new Disk sent So I can start over. By
the way, The formating disk that came with this unit, would not refor mat. I
had to call DELL to even get this far... Is this thing DOA?

jzimm wrote:
>   My unit went bonkers earlier this year, and a had to reformat it through
> DELL. We were able to get most of the Windows updates installed, but this one
> keeps showing up, and it won't install. Some of my other programs don't seem
> to want to work right at this time either. Does this update have anything to
> do with that? Or will I have to have a new Disk sent So I can start over. By
> the way, The formating disk that came with this unit, would not refor mat. I
> had to call DELL to even get this far... Is this thing DOA?

" The .NET Framework 1.0 is an OS component on Windows XP Media Center
and Tablet PC Editions.  The .NET Framework 1.1 is an OS component on
Windows Server 2003.  The .NET Framework 2.0 and 3.0 are OS components
on Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.  The .NET Framework 2.0, 3.0
and 3.5 are OS components on Windows 7. "

Source: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/03/07/8108332.aspx

Should we *assume* that the edition of Windows installed is Windows
Server 2003, if not, which edition of Windows and what Service Pack
level, please ?

When you try to install an update for the .NET Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0,
3.0, or 3.5, you may receive Windows Update error code "0x643" or
Windows Installer error code "1603"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100/

MowGreen
================
  *-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com
MowGreen

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

Granting window Security of my product per user in the Microsoft G
Hi, In GP, i go to Tools>Setup>System>Security And then i select a user and company defaults. Then i select my Product, and select 'Alternate Dynamics GP Windows' as Type. Then select a series. The problem is even though i had synchronized my dictionary and updated the resources and series using DexUtils.exe, the Security does not seem to recognize the form or the resource for that specific series under my product. Can anyone help in determining why its not recognizing my windows in GP. Thanx. Are the windows in your product alternate versions of Dynamics.dic windows or n...

cannot send emails with microsoft outlook 2000
What happens when you try? "leahberko" <leahberko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49E29DB-ABA7-4CD4-9F39-ED0A615FC7B3@microsoft.com... > ...

integration with windows sharepoint services
Hi there When I open the Tasks and Contacts folders in Outlook, I am directed to the respective pages on my Sharepoint Services site. However, when I'm out of the office, I can only view these pages (a) when I have a VPN connection or (b) when I am offline. Is there a solution that will allow me to view these folders (offline) while I'm connected to the Internet? Best regards Loane ...

Using Service
We’ve been using CRM 1.2 Sales Professional. We want to use the CRM Customer Service product (actually Suite Professional) now but our service mgr is hung up on one requirement. Currently, when a customer sends a request or question to support@ourcompany.com, they get a standard template email BUT it has a ticket number in the subject line. I’ve been told that we must have this functionality with CRM. I’ve also been told that this is a complex customization that would not be easy. This seems like very basic, common functionality. Is this really a complex customization? Ple...

Sending message 1 of 1
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using Outlook 2003. For the past couple of days, Outlook reports "Sending message 1 of 1" whenever I do a Send/Receive, even though I am not sending any email. It keeps going until I close the program. I have no messages in my outbox. I've done a virus scan and NAV isn't reporting anything. Thanks again for any suggestions. <opchiasm@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvnou01d2j7knm9k99ce3l3aooiceleob3@4ax.com... > Thanks in advance for any help. > > I'm using Outlook 2003. For the past couple of days, Outlook re...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019) & version 1.1
Hello Everyone in this network, I need help. I am not very computer savy. I tried to update the above two through Microsoft Update but am getting an error being Failed. Can someone help me with this. My system has windows XP with SP3. I am even unable to download certain softwares due to this i think. I had remote access to work system from home but since my computer crashed last time i am having all sorts of trouble. Please help. Thanking in advance, Bhavesh. ...

How to create chart with 1 column and 3 lines
IF This type of chart not in Standarad or Custom Types. THANK YOU Hi, Start by creating a standard column chart. Now select 1 of the column series that you want as a line. Right click and chose Chart Types. Select Line chart. That should have now changed the data series to a line. Select another column and this time press F4, which will repeat the last action. Repeat for the final series. Or maybe its easier to create a line chart of all 4 and the change 1 series to column using the same technique as above. Cheers Andy agenda9533 wrote: > IF > This type of chart not in Standara...

article on asp.net new features
Hi This is an article on new features of asp.net and I hope it will help you improving knowledge http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Whatis_New_ASP_Net_4.aspx -- Abdul Sami "Abdul Sami" <AbdulSami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A75160F4-F106-4FE0-8E02-E6F765AE8FC5@microsoft.com... > Hi > This is an article on new features of asp.net and I hope it will help you > improving knowledge > > http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/Whatis_New_ASP_Net_4.aspx > > -- > Abdul Sami Really? Here's what it says: &...

CRM 3.0 Install: Specified Reporting Services... was not found
We're not able to install CRM, keep getting a SRS can't be found error. This is a dev environment. One box, 2 Virtual Servers Virtual Server 1 - CRM Virtual Server 2 - SQL and SRS The SQL has 2 instances, we're using the default instance. We can go to the \\reportserver, however, it prompts for credentials. I suspect when when CRM is installing SQL is prompting it for permissions. Anybody have similar issue with SRS? Thanks. SRS is very picky :( and if using SQL 2005 even more diligent about wanting exactly the right permissions.. One way to solve a more complex install...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

Office Update Mac 12.1.1 Cannot Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, Please help. I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. There are plenty of disk space. Error message: You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I can previously install update 12.1.0 "AURUM3@officeformac.com" wrote: > I cannot install Office Update Mac 12.1.1. > There are plenty of disk space. > > Error message: > You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.1 Update on this volume. A ver...

Visio 2000 Service Release 1 #4
Does anyone have a copy of this available for download? Bravejoe "There's fodder for the cannons and the guilty ones can all sleep safely." Andy Partridge XTC "That's my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller "It Doesn't Matter!" Bravejoe remove the "t1","us" and replace "com" with "net" from my email address to reply privately. ...

Troubleshoot Editing Pictures In Microsoft Office Picture Manager
I am unable to use any of the functions from the "Picture" drop down menu on the toolbar.For example when I put my my mouse cursor on "fix red eye" the "fix red eye" line stays a light grey color and and I am not able to fix the red eye in the picture on the screen of my computer.If I want to "brighten" the picture,I am not able to "brighten" the picture as the "brighten" command stays a light grey. Please how do I fix this problem so that I can use all the "edit picture" choices from the "picture" too...

exchange 2003 service pack 2
Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the Public Store also? -- Thanks Duane Hi Duane, For Exchange 2003 Standard Edition there will be 75Gb for the Public IS and another 75Gb for the Private IS. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Duane" <Duane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A46B72B-4F8F-40ED-959B-614DC3BED6AD@microsoft.com... > Does the increase in the mailbos storage size to 75 Gig apply to the > Public > Store also? > -- > Thanks > Dua...

FW: Prove the internet package from Microsoft Corporation
--mqpsxtiqikepabtn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="nhgxcfygos"; type="multipart/alternative" --nhgxcfygos Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="besfpatqsasbwkxas" --besfpatqsasbwkxas Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

Bug in XslTransform within .NET framework 1.1
While parsing xpath expressions within an XSLT document the .NET XslTransform class seems to delete the first "/" after a "]" within an expression containing a "|". This problem can be demonstrated by the following short C# program. The program throws an exception saying that "a[1]c" is an invalid XPath expression. using System; using System.Xml; using System.Xml.XPath; using System.Xml.Xsl; namespace XPathError { class TestClass { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { string inputXml="<a>&...

Exchange 2003 mail slow from SQL, ASP, and ASP.net
Running: - Win SBS 2K3 SP1 - Exchange 2003 SP2 This has me stumped, any help would be greatly appreciated... When sending mail from Outlook 2003 or from the Outlook Web Access, everything seems fine - mail is sent instantly. When sending mail from SQL Server (from within a Stored Proc) or from an ASP.net page using SmtpMail.Send( MailMessage ) - it takes 12-16 seconds for the mail to send (per message). This holds up the stored procedure or the .net page sending the mail. This is something that has just surfaced - it has all been running extremely fast for the past 2 yrs. If I have not p...

File Services
Hi all, We are currently running a Win2k3 server running our DNS, AD, DHCP and Fileservices. Our CTO does not like the way our file system is setup and is looking for new solutions. SOme of his issues are Security, Difficulty finding documents - including those of employees that have left where you can't ask the person where they put something, along with some structural issues as in seeing folders staff doesn't have access to. Some solutions that came to mind were using an encryption software such as PGP for certain folders such as the Management etc. For search pr...

Check out this critical pack from the Microsoft
--tjksfzxnpmjkb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="jwkhdihji"; type="multipart/alternative" --jwkhdihji Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="elfkyxltag" --elfkyxltag Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your ...

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...

RAID 0 or RAID 1
We've just purchased a new server which has two identical SATA hard drives. My question is: Should I go with RAID 0 or RAID 1 ? We're using Exchange 2003 Server and have about 500 users. thanks On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:45:04 -0700, "chrism" <chrism@no_spam> wrote: >We've just purchased a new server which has two identical SATA hard drives. > >My question is: > >Should I go with RAID 0 or RAID 1 ? For what? Though RAID 1 is typically your best option ragardless. > >We're using Exchange 2003 Server and have about 500 users. > >th...

Print 1 Column in multiple Columns
I have a list of 400 names in Column A. I don't want to waste 8 pages printing out the data. Is there a way to have the data from that column print out in multiple columns like I would if the list was in Word? I copied it to Word and selected 3 columns and would only use 3 pages. I would keep it this way, but I am going to add and delete names from the list so it is something I want to keep in place. Thanks As Always, RIP Hi Have a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snakecols -- Andy. "Ripper" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

$4,000 DST patches from Microsoft for non-mainstream support systems
I presume Exchange 2000 would fall into this category. Perhaps someone with Exchange 2000 could post back with what they find out. http://blogs.technet.com/james/archive/2007/01/24/dst-support-update.aspx "To help customers through this change and in response to their feedback, Microsoft has decided to amend the regular Extended Hotfix Support program to add a new pricing category for extended non-security hotfixes with a wide customer demand. The new pricing category will be applied to the daylight saving time hotfixes (DST 2007). � DST 2007 hotfixes for products in Mainstream S...

SQL Reporting Services for Project Portfolio 2007
We have an existing Server running a 32-bit version of SQL Reporting services that we would like to utilise for our installation of Project Portfolio/Project 2007. Do I need to change anything on the existing server and would this be likly to affect the existing reporting service running on this server? In general, you would not need to do anything to your SQL Reporting Services server. The report server simply holds reports that query data from the Portfolio/Project 2007 server. Question, do you plan to run your SQL Reporing Services in SharePoint integrated mode? ...